PDA

View Full Version : I suck with lawbringer any tips?

Eyyupyeser95
12-22-2017, 07:36 PM
So i played lawbringer since the release of the game but i noticed that i heavily rely on block shove and i dont like that playstyle so any tips for me?

Card1acArrest
12-22-2017, 07:40 PM
feints
YouTube
:)

Porch-Skunk
12-22-2017, 09:24 PM
Feinting and parry is pretty important for the LB....but his biggest tool is that block into shove.... if you dont like that LB might not be for you >.> With that said, his health pool is great along with his ability to chain into heavy unblockable to get feints from ppl out of stam. His top light is pretty epic also to get people to not be spammy

Card1acArrest
12-22-2017, 09:49 PM
oh dear. :)

ok one concrete advise: lb got big range. try experiment with heavy attacks (and feints), and if you get parried, many classes are not able to guardbreak you. some can.

shove after heavy hit is also good.

many good LBs are also quite aggressive.

run poke attacks are insta kills often in 4v4, or a free top heavy if you push to wall. so take time to position yourself before you engage.

side heavies are also good vs assys trying to side Dodge or similar, but then you are down to judgement calls.

i really recommend youtube guides though. 15 minutes is worth it!

David_gorda
12-22-2017, 09:57 PM
Defensive Play is the best. Toplight is fastest attack you have. Feint heavy and do light. Let the heavy go or feint heavy and do guardbreak. Dodge shove and mix up with sometimes light attack and sometimes guardbreak. Also unlock and run at them and pretend To charge attack and then guardbreak instead. If they are bad players the charge attack usually works so No need to guardbreak instead.

High-Horse
12-23-2017, 05:30 AM
Play aggressive, use blockshove when you need some breathing room, but otherwise just go ham and see what happens. The more you practice and dedicate time to LB, the more you'll find ways to have fun with it. Pay attention to what works and what doesn't and adapt your style.

Eyyupyeser95
12-23-2017, 07:24 PM
Any more tips?

Arekonator
12-23-2017, 08:07 PM
Learn about your parry counters. Knowing when use what (esp in 4v4 modes) is crucial. As previously said, with proper positioning, some heroes cant punish you from heavy parry. Other than that is to learn your matchups and practice.

WoodDaGawd
12-26-2017, 05:32 PM
HAHA. This has to be a joke thread. LB? Just press any couple of buttons every second. lololol

Mia.Nora
12-27-2017, 02:10 AM
Try using <back>+Side Heavy. In most cases if this gets parried you stay out of GB range. If they attempt to GB out of habit, you get a free GB on their whiff.

Mixups are quite ****ty sadly, apart from top light pokes all I can think of is what you do after you land a GB>heavy. From that point you can either go for another quick light or shove and go into GB or light or heavy feint into GB. But from neutral it is hard to make much anything other than top light or shove. I often try trading shove's final frame UI property if I can put them in a bad spot (near an environmental) that often puts stress on enemy making them more prone to panic.

Dasteel1974
12-28-2017, 03:35 AM
Do what all LBs do. Spam the shove all game long. No need to learn anything else.

High-Horse
12-28-2017, 04:40 PM
Do what all LBs do. Spam the shove all game long. No need to learn anything else.

You couldn't be bothered to read the one sentence of the original post? Your comment is useless