PDA

View Full Version : Revenge mode still a joke

JESTER Z99
12-22-2017, 07:30 PM
How can a fighting game reward a player for just blocking ? High level players are just to powerful for lower level people. Dominion can be ruled by one guy with revenge on for half the game. I really think gear should have no stats, some of us will never catch up to high level players. How can a new player even enjoy dominion ? Im not a new player about mid level , and its just sad . I know play game modes that have gear stats off, i do that , but most would like to enjoy other modes. How can new players feel welcome ? , I love the game and play it alot, i enjoy the history and stuff , but i like to play alot of characters , not just one.

Ubisoft , the amount of steel u give us is a joke !!!! Up the XP . i want this game to be a big success , 4 people beating on one high level guy with constant revenge on is a joke. And my god the shaman , lol ........ a warrior with no armor can take sword or axe strikes like a champ . I know its a game and not realistic, but come on !!

thats my rant thanx

Card1acArrest
12-22-2017, 07:51 PM
as a mediocre player i think the answer is that good players DONT build that revenge on that one guy.

so the way to play is that you dont play 3v1, may be 2v1 Max, and also you dont Attack unnecessarily, only hit when target is GB, attacking, etc.

bad players pound the defender who is then always in Revenge mode.

good players also just wait out the revenge and attack thereafter. ?

often myself i note i play much better if i am patient.

so back to your case, what is the guy only defends? more and more classes have openers, go with that?

for steel i got 80k now as i hardly use any and i feel bad for not giving ubi more back in terms of cash. i spent quite a bit on gold for world of tanks for example 😀

JESTER Z99
12-23-2017, 01:15 AM
Hey thank you very much . some good peices of advice . Thanx for those tips, i get what you mean . Guess im a bad player , lol , Will use your advice, thanx for the reply !!

Mtcmnkk
12-23-2017, 01:18 AM
You must be new. Revenge used to be literally one million times stronger than it is now. If you're having problems with people in revenge you need to rethink your strategy

Tyrjo
12-23-2017, 09:10 AM
Revenge in one on one situation is one of the worst parts with this game. You one on one someone, guard break him, go for the kill, and that GB generates revenge for your opponent. Like what the actual eff?

Erhanninja
12-23-2017, 09:34 AM
I think the issue for people joining game recently, they get excited when go against one person in a group and attack constantly and eventually ending up getting parried because guy attacked before you got parried (maybe even yourself) and yes eventually getting revenge. As others said, you shouldn't attack unnecessarily.

Enemy usually lock on to one guy and fights with him but obviously can change targets so you should be on you guard.. If your ally parries or GB the enemy wait for his attack, observe and try to match your attack to your ally for maximum damage.What happens to me a lot, I parry or GB someone and try to do wall splat or go for heavy, guy next to me hits a light attack ruining my efforts..

Another advice, for example if a Nobushi or maybe Shugoki gets revenge it can become very dangerous unless you are absolutely sure you can block or parry you should step back.

Card1acArrest
12-23-2017, 11:17 AM
very good point! never ruin a fellow player's GB or wall splat. time your attack with your team mate or when enemy hits the wall/ground etc

Alustar.
12-23-2017, 12:02 PM
Great stats are negligible at best, plus it only retired you get to max of rep 8 with any character to have full access to the higher end gear. The best way to level fat is get a weeks worth of champion status and grind it out

BTTrinity
12-23-2017, 12:53 PM
Stats are stupid, the fact I deal 20% more damage than new players because I've played longer is flawed logic.

Feats are also stupid, a system that rewards the team who is already stomping with the ability to stomp even harder while the losing team is to busy being stomped to earn some feats to fight back. Usually by the time the enemy team gets their 4th feat, my team and I will hardly have 3 feats.

Stats should be removed, everyone should start with all 4 feats.

BTTrinity
12-23-2017, 12:57 PM
Great stats are negligible at best, plus it "ONLY" retired you get to max of rep 8 with any character to have full access to the higher end gear.

LOL is this sarcasm? (Sorry, hard for me to tell on the internet)

EDIT: Capitalizing ONLY

AlexHuaTian
12-23-2017, 06:12 PM
They need to remove revenge altogether. Some players are just way too good. Like block bot good. Just solid defense all around. So you cant beat them 1 on 1. Ok. But you especially cant beat them 2 on 1 either because of revenge. These guys will just hold a spot like point a or c on dominion. And the game is pretty much set.

Alustar.
12-24-2017, 10:03 AM
LOL is this sarcasm? (Sorry, hard for me to tell on the internet)

EDIT: Capitalizing ONLY
No it's not sarcasm, although it was riddled with typos. If this were an MMO, I could agree, the gear is what drives the content. But not in this case. The gear in for honor is simply to hep tailor a hero better to your playstyle.
First off, the gear is regularly adjusted to reduce stat inflation. Second yo your stats get adjusted in matches based on average gear sites if I'm correct. Lastly, the game doesn't rewrite you pay very long to get access to the latter tier rewards. Rep 8 is all that's required to start getting the current to gs pieces. So by that tune, you already have a solid understanding of the hero you are leveling. I've currently got three heroes above rep 8 that I play regularly and I don't even pay that frequently. So it's not like it takes 6 months to get there, you can have the gear in less than a couple of weeks of play at a casual pace.

vgrimr_J
12-24-2017, 01:20 PM
revenge is broken ( i mean actually broken not damage wise or stuff like that) im talking about when you activate revenge it doesn't make people fall when they attack you on the activation sometimes they do on the beginning and sometimes way too late (i am well aware of the ara's and shugokis feat) sometimes when you parry people on revenge they wont fall down same goes when you try to throw them down with gb. on top of all that the activation is delayed when you get that notification for full revenge bar i know you cant activate it under cc but when you are not under cc it still doesn't activate when you hit the button. looks like bots are either defying the physics of this game or its working for them like it should since they cant activate revenge instantly. revenge is really inconsistent right now.

on ganks dont attack like an idiot. you can kill someone who has full revenge gain without giving him that if done right. ive seen that new players have that bad habit of just throwing attacks in ganks and making my bar grow faster.

BTTrinity
12-27-2017, 10:33 PM
No it's not sarcasm, although it was riddled with typos. If this were an MMO, I could agree, the gear is what drives the content. But not in this case. The gear in for honor is simply to hep tailor a hero better to your playstyle.
First off, the gear is regularly adjusted to reduce stat inflation. Second yo your stats get adjusted in matches based on average gear sites if I'm correct. Lastly, the game doesn't rewrite you pay very long to get access to the latter tier rewards. Rep 8 is all that's required to start getting the current to gs pieces. So by that tune, you already have a solid understanding of the hero you are leveling. I've currently got three heroes above rep 8 that I play regularly and I don't even pay that frequently. So it's not like it takes 6 months to get there, you can have the gear in less than a couple of weeks of play at a casual pace.

Gear stats are stupid no matter how you look at it they DONT belong in this kind of game, the only reason its there is so people are more tempted to buy steel for good gear. The fact Nobushi gets 25% more damage and goes from killing assassins in 3 hits to 2 hits all because I played for 40 hours longer than that guy whos on a brand new level 10 hero is ridiculous and shouldnt be something that one worrys about. Gear should be 100% cosmetic.

Rep 8 is all that's required to start getting the current to gs pieces

You are aware it takes around 40 hours with champion status to achieve this right? (Almost 2 full days of playing, which a lot of people dont have the time for)

AlexHuaTian
12-27-2017, 10:40 PM
I never liked revenge. It made strong players even stronger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-R_jIerfA8

Its nerfed a lot now. But the concept remains the same. I feel like getting double teamed should be like real life. No revenge

Jazz117Volkov
12-27-2017, 10:51 PM
^ If Revenge is removed, Stamina should also be removed, because much like Revenge it doesn't follow logic, it's a mechanic.

Team fighting is a skill though. A lot of player attempt to gank but get shafted by horrible team work. Feint to bait out the revenge, then play defensive. You'll get guard broken through your attacks, so just wait for a parry or back off till it cools down. Knowing how to properly utilize and counter Revenge is important in 4v4.

Not knowing how to behave around something is not the same as it being OP. All the new characters being designed around spam is much more of an issue than Revenge.

AlexHuaTian
12-27-2017, 11:08 PM
Stamina should be removed too. It slows down the pace of the game. There is nothing more frustrating to play a fighting game when 5 seconds into the fight. Your character is completely out of wind, That isnt even a single round.

Alustar.
12-27-2017, 11:09 PM
Gear stats are stupid no matter how you look at it they DONT belong in this kind of game, the only reason its there is so people are more tempted to buy steel for good gear. The fact Nobushi gets 25% more damage and goes from killing assassins in 3 hits to 2 hits all because I played for 40 hours longer than that guy whos on a brand new level 10 hero is ridiculous and shouldnt be something that one worrys about. Gear should be 100% cosmetic.

You are aware it takes around 40 hours with champion status to achieve this right? (Almost 2 full days of playing, which a lot of people dont have the time for)

Ok, first of you have the ability to focus on defensive stats totally negating any attack bonus they would get. And if they prioritize attack damage and defense penetrating they are lacking in either execution regen or revive speed and some form of revenge build. Further more I've personally clicked on around 175 hours, I have a rep 17, two rep 8s and a rep two I'm working on.

BTTrinity
12-28-2017, 12:01 AM
Ok, first of you have the ability to focus on defensive stats totally negating any attack bonus they would get. And if they prioritize attack damage and defense penetrating they are lacking in either execution regen or revive speed and some form of revenge build. Further more I've personally clicked on around 175 hours, I have a rep 17, two rep 8s and a rep two I'm working on.

This, is a fighting game, gear should be cosmetic, nobody should get 20% more attack or 20% more defense because they played the game longer, just because theres different stats doesnt make my point any different. Theres a reason most fighting games dont use an MMO progression system, and ALL of those games are doing FAR BETTER than this game.

People like you need to let changes happen for the better, and not try to defend the precious time you've put into the game to earn said gear. I have just over 200 hours into this game, I have 3 characters at rep 9, the other two are at rep 5 and would still LOVE to see gear removed at ANY cost. Removing stats would make this game INFINITELY better.

Though, this isnt the first game to be ruined by the Greed of Ubisoft.

And for those who may go "You complain but still play"

Yes, I enjoy the game but theres LOTS who cant because they're to busy taking 20% more damage from that guy who played 40 hours longer than the newcomer whos still trying to learn the game. So, not only do they have to worry about learning the game, they also gotta worry about those who have better gear, because they played longer.

David_gorda
12-28-2017, 12:24 AM
^100% agree, lvl 1 or prestige 40 should have Exactly the same options in attack or defence. It should be different options what you want to focus on but its rediculous People need to have prestige 7 for Max gear lvl. Higher prestige should only cooler,
Better looking gear not better stats. 4vs 4 ranked dominion has gear stats off unfortunatly their is No incentive to play ranked so you have to wait a really long time if you want to play without gearscores.
I think ubisoft devs should check guild wars 2 spvp and learn from them. They nailed dominion based pvp.

Alustar.
12-28-2017, 01:55 AM
This, is a fighting game, gear should be cosmetic, nobody should get 20% more attack or 20% more defense because they played the game longer, just because theres different stats doesnt make my point any different. Theres a reason most fighting games dont use an MMO progression system, and ALL of those games are doing FAR BETTER than this game.

People like you need to let changes happen for the better, and not try to defend the precious time you've put into the game to earn said gear. I have just over 200 hours into this game, I have 3 characters at rep 9, the other two are at rep 5 and would still LOVE to see gear removed at ANY cost. Removing stats would make this game INFINITELY better.

Though, this isnt the first game to be ruined by the Greed of Ubisoft.

And for those who may go "You complain but still play"

Yes, I enjoy the game but theres LOTS who cant because they're to busy taking 20% more damage from that guy who played 40 hours longer than the newcomer whos still trying to learn the game. So, not only do they have to worry about learning the game, they also gotta worry about those who have better gear, because they played longer.

I think you misunderstand my desire to keep gear. I like the option to choose how to focus different stats. Plus the gear stars aren't really that big of a deal, especially when you consider gear balancing that takes place to ease that disparity. Take for example the numerous people complaining that new heroes are wrecking through heroes at max gear score.
Again, pleas don't misunderstand this as me wanting to keep gear because it gives me an edge because I've played longer. You can get a max geared character in less than two weeks in most cases. As I said for me this boils down to the option to min/max my stats to better suit my playstyle.

BTTrinity
12-28-2017, 02:06 AM
Take for example the numerous people complaining that new heroes are wrecking through heroes at max gear score.

This problem only gets exacerbated by high gear players. Shamans with full gear inflict INFINITE amounts of aids compared to Shamans without gear.

Again, pleas don't misunderstand this as me wanting to keep gear because it gives me an edge because I've played longer. You can get a max geared character in less than two weeks in most cases. As I said for me this boils down to the option to min/max my stats to better suit my playstyle.

Never thought of it this way, I always assumed people don't want stats removed due to the TIME they put into the characters to get those stats. 40 hours at least to not be at a disadvantage might not seem a lot to you but it is for someone who can only play a couple hours per weekend.

I just don't like how one who plays longer gets better stats, its not okay. They should give the option to change stats around without having to gear like I'm playing an MMO.

Alustar.
12-28-2017, 04:21 AM
This problem only gets exacerbated by high gear players. Shamans with full gear inflict INFINITE amounts of aids compared to Shamans without gear.

Never thought of it this way, I always assumed people don't want stats removed due to the TIME they put into the characters to get those stats. 40 hours at least to not be at a disadvantage might not seem a lot to you but it is for someone who can only play a couple hours per weekend.

I just don't like how one who plays longer gets better stats, its not okay. They should give the option to change stats around without having to gear like I'm playing an MMO.

As someone who has spent extensive time in MMOs I do advocate skill trumping gear stats in bulk. I had posted a free times about this topic in the part, when revenge bugs were rampant and out of control. The issue I have is that the more favorable combinations of stats are still largely exclusive to purple tier and higher. This man's that anyone in blue and lower have more negative stat allocations than someone with higher gear score. Not only does this make the gear disparity worse, but this also means less overall stat options for everyone. They have implemented some reworks top the overall layout combinations possible, but to bring this full circle, I would like to see these made more accessible to lower rep characters. Like you said make them more cosmetic, if you want the "cooler" looking items you would need to spend more time playing that hero. This way we also wouldn't have to deal with in match balancing to alleviate gear score differences.

BTTrinity
12-28-2017, 03:46 PM
. They have implemented some reworks top the overall layout combinations possible, but to bring this full circle, I would like to see these made more accessible to lower rep characters. Like you said make them more cosmetic, if you want the "cooler" looking items you would need to spend more time playing that hero. This way we also wouldn't have to deal with in match balancing to alleviate gear score differences.

For sure, even that would be better than whats going on now.

For example (Since I like to build for attack and defense, Ill use attack as an example) they could make max attack for Gray Tier 16% - Blue Tier gets 17% - Purple gets 18% - Gold gets 19% - Teal gets 20% so that way the stat differences arent so big? Or bring them down to 10% at tops, and make gray tier start at 6%?

Alustar.
12-28-2017, 04:10 PM
For sure, even that would be better than whats going on now.

For example (Since I like to build for attack and defense, Ill use attack as an example) they could make max attack for Gray Tier 16% - Blue Tier gets 17% - Purple gets 18% - Gold gets 19% - Teal gets 20% so that way the stat differences arent so big? Or bring them down to 10% at tops, and make gray tier start at 6%?

I'm going through and looking at the stat layout and, I have to be completely honest I'm finding myself agreeing more and more. The bulk attack and defensive stats themselves are to bloated from where I sit. I didn't think you could actually buff up to 20% attack power without losing a lot, because you'd be losing other stats. But all you'd have to do is focus attack on all slots and defense penetration and you could come out with at minimum 10% DefPen and over 20% percent attack modifier. So you effectively cut through 10% of any modifiers for defense before your damage is even calculated. Even with gear balancing in match, this isn't doing anyone any favors.
Something needs to be looked at for that. If defense penetration is going to be that effective, attack values need be scaled back. I like the idea of maximum of 10%.
I also would like to see some clear communication from the devs as to what each start does and effects. Give us a tool tip in the game menus or something. There is no comprehensive guide or tutorial in game for something that has this much of an impact, and I find that leads to misinformation, which is the bane of any good community.

Trenk2009
12-28-2017, 05:38 PM
JUST LEARN TO FREAKING GANG INSTEAD OF ASKING FOR A REVENGE NERF.

****ing stupid ****.

b4rywwc
12-28-2017, 07:43 PM
HI guys
First of all: I`m not from USA, so sorry for my english.
Second: about Revenge. Dear Ubi, a situation. When Shaman jumps and bites neck, we players are not able to use Revenge. Maybe You can change that ? Some times could really help fighting against her. And about that jump. Some times she can jump from hell long distance. When I see her jumping, push "A" on contoller (XBOX) (btw it`s "dashing" in english?) My character, moves but Shaman can change her course in air, just like Superman. Looks really silly. Few tips:
1. Give us a nitification when our character is a target of her. Just like when someone is going to jump from hieght and kills us with one shot. We don`t see it but that "spider-sense" is really helpful.
2. Give us oportunity to prevend biteing with dashing or even paryying that jump.

One more thing. I`ve never played Lawbringer. Is Shaman able to bite him as well? beacuse Yes, don`t You think it look silly? A girl from nowhere, with no dentist is able to bite through armor? Same teeth as Wolverines bones ?