PDA

View Full Version : Shugoki can't dodge unblockables?

MassiveD.
12-22-2017, 03:53 PM
It seem's that shugoki is physically unable to dodge warlords headbut, as well as gladiators toe poke, and sometimes even lawbringers shove?

And even if you manage to dodge prematurely you can't punish because of worlds slowest recovery, to the point where people can GB me after I dodged their unblockables .

Are developers aware of this even?

Bl0wH4rd74728
12-22-2017, 04:27 PM
Ive never played as shugoki but seeing as how hes a heavy id assume hes not supposed to be amazing at dodging but then again if its an unblockable there should be something you could do to escape damage. Have you tried rolling away? Maybe that could help?

Anarnam
12-22-2017, 04:56 PM
Well nobushi is all nice and thin, but has dodge that's even worse than shugo's :D believe me.

XJadeDragoonX
12-22-2017, 05:08 PM
Don't try and dodge. You have armor advantage. Just hit him with a light into headbutt

MassiveD.
12-22-2017, 05:33 PM
Don't try and dodge. You have armor advantage. Just hit him with a light into headbutt

It is definitely viable, but not when they know to remove armor with GB and then apply pressure with unblockables

bob333e
12-22-2017, 05:37 PM
I've encountered a competitive Shugo player in Ranked Duel Tournament. He mostly did heavy feint into GB at close range, and he stuck to spots near walls. One wallsplat was all he needed for a Demon Embrace. And he can GB through a light attack. Sometimes a heavy if you time it right.

Heavy feint into quick light into headbutt also works in disrupting your opponent's plans. I did this quite often in the Open Test, where I extensively used Shugoki (and boy, I really liked him).

MassiveD.
12-22-2017, 05:44 PM
I've encountered a competitive Shugo player in Ranked Duel Tournament. He mostly did heavy feint into GB at close range, and he stuck to spots near walls. One wallsplat was all he needed for a Demon Embrace. And he can GB through a light attack. Sometimes a heavy if you time it right.

Heavy feint into quick light into headbutt also works in disrupting your opponent's plans. I did this quite often in the Open Test, where I extensively used Shugoki (and boy, I really liked him).

He's my main right now, I DO like him A LOT, but just tired of not having toolkits to people spamming unblockables like warlord headbut

MassiveD.
12-22-2017, 05:49 PM
Again, just had a duel with conqueror GB'ing to remove armor and then endlessly spamming shoulder charge that I physically cant dodge, and if I dodge too early in anticipation he just GB and threw me to the floor due to slow recovery, so it seems that Shugoki is not viable at all against characters with unblockable spam

Brologna_Xeno
12-22-2017, 11:01 PM
You've got to disrupt unblockalbes with side light. You can dodge Conq or eat it and parry his next attack, and if you have your standing firm feat active a Conq can't even wall splat so they've got no guaranteed heavy.

The issue I'm having with Shug (which i believe is new) is there is a guaranteed-GB window on Shug after a full charged heavy. Shug's best move is to throw down exhausted opponent -> full charged heavy guaranteed.

But here's the kicker, if that opponent survives the charged heavy and recovers from exhaustion, as soon as they stand back up they have a guaranteed GB on the ShugKnight. That seems wrong to me.

MassiveD.
12-22-2017, 11:58 PM
You've got to disrupt unblockalbes with side light. You can dodge Conq or eat it and parry his next attack, and if you have your standing firm feat active a Conq can't even wall splat so they've got no guaranteed heavy.

The issue I'm having with Shug (which i believe is new) is there is a guaranteed-GB window on Shug after a full charged heavy. Shug's best move is to throw down exhausted opponent -> full charged heavy guaranteed.

But here's the kicker, if that opponent survives the charged heavy and recovers from exhaustion, as soon as they stand back up they have a guaranteed GB on the ShugKnight. That seems wrong to me.

Conqueror that comes in GB's to remove a block and then starts bash spamming cannot be disrupted, because his shield bash also has block on it for incoming attacks

Erhanninja
12-23-2017, 12:21 AM
Conqueror that comes in GB's to remove a block and then starts bash spamming cannot be disrupted, because his shield bash also has block on it for incoming attacks

Yes but it only block for the direction attack is coming. You need to feint then you can GB shoulder bash. I think you are the only person complaining about should bash. Easiest punishable move in the game. If he is GB ing you before donít let him just light attack. On the other hand Shugoki is strong as hell. I see Shugokis spamming just light attack head butt or GB ing people out of their combo coz of hyper armor winning so easily. You need to git gud my friend. All the moves you mentioned are very hard to dodge coz they are very fast but should bash is very slow

MassiveD.
12-23-2017, 02:18 AM
Yes but it only block for the direction attack is coming. You need to feint then you can GB shoulder bash. I think you are the only person complaining about should bash. Easiest punishable move in the game. If he is GB ing you before don’t let him just light attack. On the other hand Shugoki is strong as hell. I see Shugokis spamming just light attack head butt or GB ing people out of their combo coz of hyper armor winning so easily. You need to git gud my friend. All the moves you mentioned are very hard to dodge coz they are very fast but should bash is very slow

I think you maybe actually ret4rded, because I am not sure what exactly you are talking about, but you certainly are not talking about the actual issue described, that Shugoki is physically unable to dodge certain unblockable bashes from a number of characters that can only be countered by dodging.

Saying "just don't get your armor removed", is like saying "just never get hit and you win all the fights".

I know how to play Shugoki, I have him at rep 9 and 80% win ratio in duels with him, and I'm not fighting morons either, if you try to light headbutt a good warden for example, they will just cancel into parry and vortex the f*** out of you.

In fact a lot of good players in high tiers will auto parry every single light attempt you make as a Shugoki (and honestly, if you get nailed by light headbutts from shugoki, you are the one that needs to git gut my friend), which is good because they eat a lot of heavies out of reflex, but AGAIN, that is not the bloody point of my thread.