PDA

View Full Version : Should I get For Honor?

Robo_Cop15
12-22-2017, 03:11 AM
So I received a $20 PlayStation Gift Card from my Dad as his early Christmas gift to me and I've been trying to think of what I should spend it on in the PS Store. Then I noticed that For Honor was on sale for just $20. But I'm just not 100% sure if I should get the game or not because I've heard it had issues ever since it was released. So I want to ask you guys, has the game improved already or not really? Pls also let me know your personal opinions and reviews on it too so that I can easily decide if I should buy it or not. Thanks so much in advance :)

bob333e
12-22-2017, 03:16 AM
It's currently a 60/40 answer from me. 60% yes, 40% no. The game is improving, however at a very slow speed. And the connectivity issues are still here. The dedicated servers still need time to be fully implemented.

That said, it all falls down to how much P2P issues, lags and disconnects you can stomach. On top of that, the newest heroes are on another ladder, and the older heroes still need their reworks to get up to speed. So if you choose an older hero (not a DLC hero) you'll have a harder time defeating the newest heroes. Not impossible, but needs double the effort. And a lot of training.

And then there's the grinding part. It's hard and slow to level up in For Honor and you'll often want stuff that's locked behind high-tier levels and behind expensive outfits. You might find yourself wanting to slide into microtransactions.

That's my 2cent on it for its current state.

Robo_Cop15
12-22-2017, 03:53 AM
It's currently a 60/40 answer from me. 60% yes, 40% no. The game is improving, however at a very slow speed. And the connectivity issues are still here. The dedicated servers still need time to be fully implemented.

That said, it all falls down to how much P2P issues, lags and disconnects you can stomach. On top of that, the newest heroes are on another ladder, and the older heroes still need their reworks to get up to speed. So if you choose an older hero (not a DLC hero) you'll have a harder time defeating the newest heroes. Not impossible, but needs double the effort. And a lot of training.

And then there's the grinding part. It's hard and slow to level up in For Honor and you'll often want stuff that's locked behind high-tier levels and behind expensive outfits. You might find yourself wanting to slide into microtransactions.

That's my 2cent on it for its current state.
Oh I see. Man, didn't even expect leveling system had issues too. This is gonna be a pretty tough decision for me. Anyways, thanks so much for letting me know all of this and for sharing your personal opinion about the game ;)

bannex19
12-22-2017, 04:09 AM
My answer is yes. Honestly, the combat is so fun all other issues are relatively trivial. The game is very well supported and still being worked on, I guess they're even working on new animations to bring old characters up to speed with the new, that's pretty unheard of for a game without a proper expansion.

Seriously in a world with fps after fps and moba after moba, Ubisoft has done something different and awesome with enough progression to keep you interested.

bannex19
12-22-2017, 04:11 AM
As far as the grind is concerned, yes some of the colors and items are locked behind a HUGE grind but none of them are really important and as far as micro transactions, steel is not hard to acquire through the game if you do events and keep up with orders

bob333e
12-22-2017, 04:13 AM
Oh I see. Man, didn't even expect leveling system had issues too. This is gonna be a pretty tough decision for me. Anyways, thanks so much for letting me know all of this and for sharing your personal opinion about the game ;)

Not the leveling system per-se, it's just you're rewarded little after every match (even less so in PvAI), hence why leveling is slow and tedious.

If you can carry the weight of its issues, definitely do buy it. it's by far the most amazing combat game I've owned. Otherwise, I'd recommend you wait for the official launch of the dedicated servers at least.

And as bannex19 pointed out, always do the orders! they refresh every 24hours and every 48hours, so you pretty much have to play at least 1hr a day if you want to grind on Steel and XP.

Robo_Cop15
12-22-2017, 04:35 AM
Not the leveling system per-se, it's just you're rewarded little after every match (even less so in PvAI), hence why leveling is slow and tedious.

If you can carry the weight of its issues, definitely do buy it. it's by far the most amazing combat game I've owned. Otherwise, I'd recommend you wait for the official launch of the dedicated servers at least.

And as bannex19 pointed out, always do the orders! they refresh every 24hours and every 48hours, so you pretty much have to play at least 1hr a day if you want to grind on Steel and XP.
Ah ok. Now I get it. Sorry my bad 😅 Thanks

bob333e
12-22-2017, 04:39 AM
No problem! happy to help :) always feel free to ask questions around.

Robo_Cop15
12-22-2017, 04:43 AM
My answer is yes. Honestly, the combat is so fun all other issues are relatively trivial. The game is very well supported and still being worked on, I guess they're even working on new animations to bring old characters up to speed with the new, that's pretty unheard of for a game without a proper expansion.

Seriously in a world with fps after fps and moba after moba, Ubisoft has done something different and awesome with enough progression to keep you interested.
Honestly, I really don't mind of the grinding part at all. I have been playing games that are "grinding". So I'm used to it already. But thanks :)

Robo_Cop15
12-22-2017, 04:44 AM
No problem! happy to help :) always feel free to ask questions around.
Will do ;) Thanks Appreciate that!

bannex19
12-22-2017, 04:50 AM
Dude get the game, it's awesome and unlike anything you've ever played. It will be worth your time.

Robo_Cop15
12-22-2017, 05:00 AM

Yeah, I agree. Honestly, I'm very intrigued with the combat gameplay of For Honor. So awesome and it really fun to play. Thanks for sharing your opinion. :)

Robo_Cop15
12-22-2017, 05:03 AM
Dude get the game, it's awesome and unlike anything you've ever played. It will be worth your time.
Well ok. Maybe I'll give this game a try. Thanks ;)

Cocl3s
12-23-2017, 12:57 AM
TBH dont buy it. Be patient and wait a little then buy it when it will have dedicated servers and reworked vanilla heroes. Maybe u can catch a good sale and there u go. But right now the game is unplayable

I came back recently last time i played was S4 first day and i deleted the game... the shaman ******** was too much for me and the p2p unplayability topped that again.
And came back only to see the disconnect fest became even worse so didnt even bother to play a full match just alt+f4 and delete.
Will come back when the dedicated servers arrive, and u should wait buying the game atleast till that.

Erhanninja
12-23-2017, 01:09 AM
Donít buy it. I love this game since I bought it I play but itís absolutely full of frustration.

iiRAINBOW_DASH
12-23-2017, 01:36 AM
But it! $20 is a steal. I forked out $120 on this game day 1. Gold edition plus steel pack.

Vakris_One
12-23-2017, 02:03 AM
Depends if you like purely PvP games and if you are into the whole Knights vs Viking vs Samurai setting. The game can be frustrating at times, especially as a new player starting out you will often be coming up against more experienced players with fully maxed gear. It does however have a very unique combat mechanic unlike any other game out there.

The game is heading towards a much better experience with the stability that dedicated servers will offer when released and it's currently in a better place than it has been previously. I would say that for $20 it is worth it and it's a pretty good time to come into the game with character reworks and dedicated servers on the horizon.

CandleInTheDark
12-23-2017, 02:26 AM
The game has its issues as people have said, the connection right now, unless you have a good connection speed is less than great and the devs got better at building heroes over time meaning the DLC heroes currently have better kits than the old guard. Both of these issues are actively being worked on so it comes down to a matter of:

Are you going to get the game and play through these issues?

If you want to wait until the issues are fixed, are you going to keep an eye on when those fixes come in and if so can you spare the money for something you might not play right away?

If the answer to either of those is yes, then that is a great price to get it at.

Robo_Cop15
12-23-2017, 02:45 PM
I have read each and every single one of your personal opinions about For Honor and I've decided that I'll get the game. But, I won't be playing now since I have many other games that I haven't finished playing yet. And, I wanna say thank you all so very much for all your help. Really appreciate it a lot. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all! ;)

CandleInTheDark
12-23-2017, 05:11 PM
Welcome, honestly even with the issues it has it takes about 90% of my game time and has since release, it is a special game, just always going to be up front that yes there are teething issues that come with this game being so unique.

Jarl.Felix
12-23-2017, 05:16 PM
I see you're at most a casual player. Chill, you won't play this game after you`ll play the first 2-3 hours.

Robo_Cop15
12-24-2017, 02:01 AM
I see you're at most a casual player. Chill, you won't play this game after you`ll play the first 2-3 hours.
Oh ok. And yep, you're right. I am a casual player and I usually play video games every once or twice a week. That's why I still have pending games that I haven't touched/finished yet. 😅 Thanks for the heads up ;)

Robo_Cop15
12-24-2017, 02:35 AM
Welcome, honestly even with the issues it has it takes about 90% of my game time and has since release, it is a special game, just always going to be up front that yes there are teething issues that come with this game being so unique.
Yeah it really is a special game and it's like no other game I've ever seen/played my whole life. I've been playing a lot of Ubisoft games through the past years (like Assassin's Creed, Watch Dogs, Far Cry, Rainbow Six Siege, etc) and they've had issues too. But despite all of that, I really did not mind them at all and eventually I enjoyed playing them and loving them. And despite the issues that For Honor has been facing since it came out, I still believe that it will be a successful game in the future ;)