PDA

View Full Version : Crystalline Chill Blade Bug(?)

VolatileKnight
12-22-2017, 02:41 AM
I don't know if it's supposed to be like this, but the new event blade for the Warden is the same as the Aragon blade. I will post screenshots later, but I'm not sure if this is intended or not. If so that's kind of disappointing lmfao.

bob333e
12-22-2017, 02:44 AM
Yeah. I saw that in the Warriors Den stream. The blade is literally a reskinned Aragon blade. The hilt and guard, I'd bet reskinned Hell's Champion.

Warden main here too.

We're not the only Faction with a letdown. The Vikings got a rather crappy mask, if you compare it to other masks. And still at 15,000 Steel. We landed mid-tier, the Samurai got the very best mask. The most detailed one.

VolatileKnight
12-22-2017, 02:47 AM
Wow is that disappointing lmfao. I can literally change it for the Aragon blade and it makes no difference. Thanks for giving us a present we already had Ubisoft!

bob333e
12-22-2017, 02:51 AM
At least we're not Viking mains. Those poor people got an ugly mask that's also bugged during execution (not sure if it's intended to float mid-air away from your hero mid-execution) and still priced at 15,000 Steel.

Also, I'd bet over the course of the next few days, more people will be seeing more reskinned weapons. Let's try to think of these event weapons as skins, not completely new gear. It lessens the impact...

Also, they're still free stuff, so I don't really complain. It was free loot anyway. Bah. The Vikings, however... :/

VolatileKnight
12-22-2017, 02:54 AM
They may as well have just scrapped the weapons and focused on making one thing actually somewhat of decent quality. Having half-arsed weapons AND effects kinda kills it. Like why try if all you're gonna do is put out mediocre and unfinished content? Sure, we didn't pay for it, but with the $80.00 price tag, surely even a small amount of care can be put in.

Vakris_One
12-22-2017, 02:58 AM
At least we're not Viking mains. Those poor people got an ugly mask that's also bugged during execution (not sure if it's intended to float mid-air away from your hero mid-execution) and still priced at 15,000 Steel.

Also, I'd bet over the course of the next few days, more people will be seeing more reskinned weapons. Let's try to think of these event weapons as skins, not completely new gear. It lessens the impact...

Also, they're still free stuff, so I don't really complain. It was free loot anyway. Bah. The Vikings, however... :/
It's okay, it's the Vikings turn to win the Faction War this Season :p

bob333e
12-22-2017, 03:01 AM
Thing is, I do believe the Frost Wind items were all done long ago, and only released now, with a hype trailer of course. They all essentially share the same assets, repurposing them, reskinning them, reshading them. Much like how the S4 armors turned out. It's common-tier armor with.... spikes. And gold trimming.

It's one of my biggest, no, actually the biggest, gripe with this game. Design-wise, it's a train-wreck. A lot of gear is reskinned, refurbished stuff. A lot of engravings/embossings look wrong, a lot of ornaments don't make sense and just don't fit on various helmets, a lot of color palettes look like lazy variations of each other, with even distasteful color combinations (blue and brown and pink together, yay.)

Oh and the new lootable color palettes? plain white, with one varied color between all five. There's already Winterwoods palette and other palettes which are white... but for the sake of collection, I'll loot the new ones. I'm unlikely to use them.

They're unlikely to address the design side anytime soon. They're busy with servers and character reworks these days. And patching up issues here and there. The design side is objectively the hardest, and I don't think Ubisoft just have enough manpower of designers to handle it all.

It's okay, it's the Vikings turn to win the Faction War this Season :p

Hah!

VolatileKnight
12-22-2017, 03:05 AM
My complaint though, is that the blade is literally no different. The hilt and crossguard at least look different from the Hell's Champion set. But the blade? It's exactly the same. Maybe if it was made of ice, or had as much care put into them as others, I could look past it. But all they did, was give us unfinished and recycled content. They did nothing to the blade, I could put on the Aragon blade and it wouldn't look any different at all. That's a problem, it shows a lack of care.

bob333e
12-22-2017, 03:09 AM
I've noticed their lack of care in the design side long ago... frankly, ever since S4 released. (I only started For Honor early November).

I do share your feelings. Luckily, the only loadout that uses the Aragon blade, is a Blackstone variant (personal-made, Ashenstone ^^ more lore on that later lol) and I have Apollyon's sword (Aragon blade, Garian hilt, Magnus guard).

The other loadouts are different and use different weapons, and I'm unlikely to change them, however I might use the new Frost Wind guard and hilt instead of the Cerberus parts.

But in overall, I agree with you. It was a straightforward lack of care.

VolatileKnight
12-22-2017, 03:14 AM
Lmfao one of the Devs or moderators commented back to me on the official thread. They are so totally okay with putting out mediocre content it's quite frankly insulting. Especially for the price tag of this game. I pre-ordered it and even put money into it after the initial purchase. I supported this game, but it's apparently acceptable to promise new and exclusive gear for all/most characters, and we only got it for like three characters. They expect my dollar in full, so I expect full content.

bob333e
12-22-2017, 03:29 AM
Tundra is deeply disappointed with the mask the Vikings got, don't worry. He's right in saying that, the weapons are free stuff, and it's all bonus, seasonal event stuff; we were never entitled to even have this gear in the first place, it's all a side bonus; like, you ordered a pizza with double crust, but as a side, you get a small-size pizza the taste of which you don't really like, and while they claim it has "special cheese", and you taste it, it's still mozarella cheese, just like on the main pizza you ordered and paid for. The smaller pizza was a side bonus free of charge, so we can't really complain.

VolatileKnight
12-22-2017, 03:33 AM
I would absolutely complain. If I was promised something, and got something else, I would return it. Not to be mean or spiteful, but because that wasn't what I ordered. If extra toppings are free, and I still don't get them, you better believe I'll want my money's worth lmfao. Just because it's included doesn't mean they can just do whatever they want because they feel like it and then expect us to be grateful. I do appreciate the effort. But if the effort isn't in full, they may as well just keep it. I'd rather no event and no gear, rather than half of it being really cool and half of it being mediocre. May as well just make the minions look different like they did and just put snow in every map. That would probably have gotten a better response than what they actually gave us lmfao.

bob333e
12-22-2017, 03:39 AM
I wonder if you felt the same way back on S4 release? :p we were all promised, promised, new armor. And what did we get? repurposed common-tier armor with spikes. That, was an uglier move than the re-injection of the Aragon blade under another name. Honestly I expected, you know, Death Knight level armor. Like Arthas Menethil or something. Because of their promise. Then saw my expectations beaten to a pulp.

It wasn't the case with the Frost Wind weapons. I wasn't even expecting really good weapons. I mostly just wanted new effects and new outfits. Then I saw the new weapon, "oh hey, that's cool! wait a minute.... isn't that.... oh wow, the same blade I have? bah I don't care, I won't use it, and I didn't pay anything extra for it anyway".

VolatileKnight
12-22-2017, 03:43 AM
I wonder if you felt the same way back on S4 release? :p we were all promised, promised, new armor. And what did we get? repurposed common-tier armor with spikes. That, was an uglier move than the re-injection of the Aragon blade under another name. Honestly I expected, you know, Death Knight level armor. Like Arthas Menethil or something. Because of their promise. Then saw my expectations beaten to a pulp.

It wasn't the case with the Frost Wind weapons. I wasn't even expecting really good weapons. I mostly just wanted new effects and new outfits. Then I saw the new weapon, "oh hey, that's cool! wait a minute.... isn't that.... oh wow, the same blade I have? bah I don't care, I won't use it, and I didn't pay anything extra for it anyway".

I made the mistake of letting it slide and didn't post anything about it. But now it's perfectly acceptable to repeat what S4 did. It's really funny that they genuinely try to defend mediocrity. We lost the pre-order color and didn't get it back for weeks, maybe even a full couple of months. The gameplay is solid, but the gear. Oh lord what they consider content for gear lmfao.

bob333e
12-22-2017, 03:44 AM
Exactly.... hence my biggest gripe with this game. The design side.

Design-wise, they're lacking a truckload of things.

VolatileKnight
12-22-2017, 03:46 AM
Exactly.... hence my biggest gripe with this game. The design side.

Design-wise, they're lacking a truckload of things.

They really are. The worst part is, they justify it by saying that we already paid for it.

bob333e
12-22-2017, 03:53 AM
Well technically, we paid for the first 5 floors of a building. Those 5 floors are now complete, with solid foundations, but poor paintjobs, poor plumbing in some areas.

They keep adding floors, and with each new floor we can choose to pay less and less extra money. However this doesn't provide immunity to error. You'll see so many errors on the newer floors. Wrong ceramic type, bad lighting, wrongly angled walls, uneven corridors... the list goes on.

But did we pay the same price for these new floors as we did for the base 5 floors? we didn't. We can only hope, they improve how they build, from their side. Because if the building continues up like this, it's gonna look like a clown asylum by the time it's finished.

They already learned the lesson, and are now fixing stuff, bit by bit; however the paintjob, for the most part, will still look poor. It'll still look like a 30-year old building, not a recently-built one. But as long as the building gets more and more solid and with less plumbing and lighting issues, the better. Because even with a beautiful paintjob, if the architecture is bad, the entire building won't last long. :)

Card1acArrest
12-22-2017, 03:14 PM
you 2 are insane.

you sound like 2 poisonous, old hags complaining, no CACKLING In Glee when the other say something even more ridicilous than the other.

try not drown in your own spite.

Merry Christmas

VolatileKnight
12-27-2017, 06:46 AM
Lmfao I'll call out lazy content when I see it.

Alustar.exe
12-27-2017, 09:14 AM
you 2 are insane.

you sound like 2 poisonous, old hags complaining, no CACKLING In Glee when the other say something even more ridicilous than the other.

try not drown in your own spite.

Merry Christmas
Someone **** in his bed while he was sleeping, that's the only justifiably reason for anyone being this upset over a couple of people having a peaceful conversation.