PDA

View Full Version : Any Ideas, People?! Any at all?!

Archo-Vax
12-22-2017, 02:24 AM
Alright- at this point, it's damn-near uncanny. What EXACTLY about the Warden and Lawbringer make them so BLOODY irritating to fight? It's like... all the other Heroes are mostly fine, it just depends on how the opponent plays. But there's just something ABOUT the Warden and Lawbringer that is just so... ANNOYING on a deep, fundamental level- no matter what the player does with them! Anyone have a clue as to why?

No, this isn't about balancing or fairness- this is just pure conjecture.

David_gorda
12-22-2017, 02:39 AM
They are both good at bullying players with their stamina draining moves, shove and shoulderbash. I Guess thats your problem. They are not that strong though and alot more fun then the lightspam classes.

bannex19
12-22-2017, 02:51 AM
Because people that are good at them make you feel like you're not in control of your class at least that's how I feel about the lawbringer. As far as the warden, I suck at them so when I get crushed (which is often) I'm pissed because they make it look so easy!

Vakris_One
12-22-2017, 02:54 AM
They both have inferior kits that force them to lean heavily on their only viable moves that guarrantees them either damage or forcing a reaction. Unfortunately those moves feel very annoying to be on the receiving end of, i.e Shoulder Bash and Block Shove. Because both of those moves give them a guarranteed light attack that can only be avoided if you dodge it but of you guess wrong you give them a free GB.

It's this guessing game that makes them annoying because it leaves you feeling like there is no skill involved in guessing right, simply luck. Apparently there are some players for whom this is not a guessing game and they can 100% read the Warden and LB. My hats off to those players because I have never experienced this in the live game myself. Only on the dedicated server test was I finally able to 100% correctly react to the LB's block shove follow up. His GB came out slightly slower on the servers than in the live game, perhaps because latency was much lower on the servers than on P2P.

That's why I find them annoying to fight in any case.

RiceComboA
12-22-2017, 07:26 PM
From personal experience, I'm finding Warden players are very serious players and tend to turtle.
They wait for a dodge to shoulder bash, and throw out a quick top and zone sparingly.
That's really all they have available, but it's all very effective moves that gets on your nerves.

As for the Law.... he's second on my hate list.
He's every Troll's dream character. Everything from Kit to Executions to Emotes. All meant to troll.
Block/Shove makes you just want to quit life. It's boring.
And the one thing that pisses me off the most..... He can run faster than my Nobu... True or not? Someone have numbers on run speed?

Fairemont
12-22-2017, 08:13 PM
From personal experience, I'm finding Warden players are very serious players and tend to turtle.
They wait for a dodge to shoulder bash, and throw out a quick top and zone sparingly.
That's really all they have available, but it's all very effective moves that gets on your nerves.

As for the Law.... he's second on my hate list.
He's every Troll's dream character. Everything from Kit to Executions to Emotes. All meant to troll.
Block/Shove makes you just want to quit life. It's boring.
And the one thing that pisses me off the most..... He can run faster than my Nobu... True or not? Someone have numbers on run speed?

As a Nobushi main, I feel that, more often than not, Nobushi is one of the slowest characters. Just last night I was trying to run from a Lawbringer and all of a sudden he came out of no where from behind me, speared me, and then threw me off a ledge. So, Whether or not he is faster, he is at least the same speed. I know his charge thing temporarily increases his speed but he at least has to be a certain range first, if I am not mistaken. That means he was able to run me down.

Helnekromancer
12-22-2017, 08:18 PM
Idk Wardens are too simple to be a threat, I play Nobushi and i can easily HS his shoulder charge and most of the time his zone if i can predict it coming. But before i was that good Warden was just Shoulder Bash City, but now he's like meh.

Lawbringer on the other hand, I absolutely despise him, he's like the Dev team's favorite spoiled son

-best emotes
-best executions
-best spam
-best feats (the guy can carry 3 bombs, why?)

And that's not even fighting him, he's the biggest b!tch in the game, just sits and waits for you to swing first to get those block shoves for free lights.
If he has more health than you he has no problem laming it out and winning this way, and it's just such a long boring fight.
If i saw him in a dominion map alone odds are I would avoid him just not because I can't beat him but because I could do something else more productive than spending half the match playing footsies with him. Also I don't know how the dev team rates movement speed but why is a man covered in armor faster than someone wearing cloth? Not to mention he has one of the heaviest weapons in the game so he should be slow. Idk I don't hate him just annoyed by his overall existence.

*Sees Lawbringer* Time to get ready for this long, boring, drawn out fight. xD

Fairemont
12-22-2017, 08:22 PM
Idk Wardens are too simple to be a threat, I play Nobushi and i can easily HS his shoulder charge and most of the time his zone if i can predict it coming. But before i was that good Warden was just Shoulder Bash City, but now he's like meh.

Lawbringer on the other hand, I absolutely despise him, he's like the Dev team's favorite spoiled son

-best emotes
-best executions
-best spam
-best feats (the guy can carry 3 bombs, why?)

And that's not even fighting him, he's the biggest b!tch in the game, just sits and waits for you to swing first to get those block shoves for free lights.
If he has more health than you he has no problem laming it out and winning this way, and it's just such a long boring fight.
If i saw him in a dominion map alone odds are I would avoid him just not because I can't beat him but because I could do something else more productive than spending half the match playing footsies with him. Also I don't know how the dev team rates movement speed but why is a man covered in armor faster than someone wearing cloth? Not to mention he has one of the heaviest weapons in the game so he should be slow. Idk I don't hate him just annoyed by his overall existence.

*Sees Lawbringer* Time to get ready for this long, boring, drawn out fight. xD

His weapon is not heavy. It is V E R S A T I L E. Get it right!

Helnekromancer
12-22-2017, 08:25 PM
His weapon is not heavy. It is V E R S A T I L E. Get it right!

Haha yes so "versatile" all he does is shove you with it. Feels like middle school all over. "STOP SHOVING ME!"