PDA

View Full Version : Devs made no effort in creating Vikings Mask Outfits

iiRAINBOW_DASH
12-22-2017, 01:45 AM
Looks utter trash. I'm disgusted to even look the outfits and its animations. Especially, on the execution effects. It is laughable. The mask doesn't even appear on the players face. It's in the random spot in the air, lmao. It's called "Iced Buffalo Mask" but it looks nothing like a buffalo. It honestly looks like one of our minions head is on our face. Please rework the Vikings mask to actually look like a buffalo or another animal like a polar bear/saber tooth tiger.

Samurai got a bad *** snow dragon and Tin cans got a bad *** eagle with iced wings on heroes back. Vikings get a iced out generic viking mask with no coloration? We Vikings deserve better.

David_gorda
12-22-2017, 02:07 AM
Agreed dont like the new Viking mask, the Old mask was awesome though.

Tundra 793
12-22-2017, 02:14 AM
Can't remember if I read it here or on the Reddit, but someone suggested that not a single person on the art/design team was a Viking fan.

Stuff like the "buffalo" mask lends credence to this theory. Sure, it looks kinda stereotype Viking esque. By which I mean, give it some color and it could easily have been a Raider or Warlord helmet. There's nothing unique about it apart from the effect.

And why buffalo? I give the art and designs of For Honor lots of freedom and forgive the many, many, frankly strange art choices, but buffalos are plains animals, they're most often associated with the old West. If you were so determined to give Vikings a bovine (no its fine we don't need a cool mythical animal mask like the others) why the hell wasn't it muskox? Something actually arctic and connected to the Vikings.

I'd have accepted damn near anything quite happily, but this one has disappointed me. I do love the rest of the event though, it's every bit as fun and high in quality and content as the Halloween event.
But damn... Why buffalos?!

iiRAINBOW_DASH
12-22-2017, 02:19 AM
Agreed dont like the new Viking mask, the Old mask was awesome though.

Yeah, green Halloween mask outfit was alright. These vikings "ice mask" are straight trash. I haven't seen anyone with them lol

bannex19
12-22-2017, 02:55 AM
I'm not a fan of either the Vikings or the knights tbh. The samurai is pretty awesome tho.

VolatileKnight
12-22-2017, 02:58 AM
At least you guys got new weapons lol. The blade for our sword is the exact same as something released 4 months ago. We got a gift we already had lmfao

High-Horse
12-22-2017, 05:09 AM
bears? ravens? snow leapords?

ChampionRuby50g
12-22-2017, 05:49 AM
Gotta say, I'm also dissapointed. When you think of frost, Vikings fit that term more than the other factions I would think. To see the other Masks look amazing with colours and a cool design, but Vikings just been a bland colour with nothing special about it is a real kick in the teeth.

They could have at least put some more thought into it. As Tundra said, a buffalo? There's lightning for Thor, we have a Lokis dream outfit, something for Odin would have been nice. How can the Allfather be forgotten in a game with Vikings?

bannex19
12-22-2017, 08:39 AM
Lots of missed opportunities for the vikes, I mean the raider doesn't even have a proper decapitation (no, chokeslam doesn't count) and he has a freaking giant axe.

Stahlrusse
12-22-2017, 10:56 AM
Ram
Wolf
Bear
Boar

would be viable choices. Then the Buffalo icon is not even on the heads of the players. Looks like the devs ran out of time and made something very quick.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/b8/b86f1d364a85340a67831e2379b279e86b3dab59bd1c57b177 5ddbdd7e2b38ca.jpg

Erhanninja
12-22-2017, 11:06 AM
I agree but generally there is a problem with masks overall.

It looks like they are hanging in the air rather than on hero's face. Seems like face armor + a bit gap + mask.

I think most natural looking one is Orochi..Seems like just one piece.

Alustar.
12-22-2017, 12:35 PM
You can draw a parallel between the reception of these masks and my patterns of holiday.
The bog witch mask was awesome, love it!
This new one however... Just why?
Won't be getting it. I'd say go back and redo it, but fast chance of that happening. Looks like the Vikings are stuck with the ****ty gift of Christmas past.

Ulrichvonbek111
12-22-2017, 02:57 PM
You can draw a parallel between the reception of these masks and my patterns of holiday.
The bog witch mask was awesome, love it!
This new one however... Just why?
Won't be getting it. I'd say go back and redo it, but fast chance of that happening. Looks like the Vikings are stuck with the ****ty gift of Christmas past.

Well indeed it is on par with what the Samurai received for winning a Season.
ENJOY. :))

GeneraISoIo
12-22-2017, 03:20 PM
I was planning on getting the mask outfit for my Highlander. Saw it and said, "Nope". Hopefully they make some changes and improve it. Otherwise, the Highlander will need to wait until the next event for a Mask outfit. So in all, I agree, the Vikings got much less love this time around.

XJadeDragoonX
12-22-2017, 05:19 PM
This seems to be a pretty common complaint. Are the devs planning on giving any feedback on it?

GeneraISoIo
12-22-2017, 05:32 PM
This seems to be a pretty common complaint. Are the devs planning on giving any feedback on it?

I too would like to hear if they plan on making changes or if there is anything missing, because I will just buy a different Mask outfit for Knights or Samurai instead if they do not plan on making changes.

SenBotsu893
12-22-2017, 05:38 PM
gues where else there was no effert made? aramusha

GeneraISoIo
12-22-2017, 05:40 PM
gues where else there was no effert made? aramusha

What are your thoughts on the Viking Mask Outfit?

SenBotsu893
12-22-2017, 05:47 PM
What are your thoughts on the Viking Mask Outfit?

the same as with all other masks. look too cartoonish to fit with the characters. id rather have an otion to customice the visor of helmets or the masks that the characters have.

to pop up face infront of the helm just looks not good on any character/mask.

GeneraISoIo
12-22-2017, 05:53 PM
Solid opinion. I think I stated it already, but I think the only thing to help the Vikings Mask Outfit to look better would be to add the mask to go in front of the helm during the execution and have the buffalo skull float above the victim. Maybe even add some more snow effects around all the emotes, not just the execution.

Waxfacts
12-22-2017, 06:01 PM
I actually like the first mask for vikings. However i agree, second mask definitely needs some looking at to say the least.

GeneraISoIo
12-22-2017, 06:10 PM
I actually like the first mask for vikings. However i agree, second mask definitely needs some looking at to say the least.

I agree, the Halloween masks seemed more consistent. I did not see this issue the first time around. I thought all the masks were on par with one another and the best only being so due to person preference. This time though, it was very clear from the REVEAL that the Vikings Mask Outfit was lacking compared to the Knights and Samurai's.

iiRAINBOW_DASH
12-22-2017, 08:59 PM
bears? ravens? snow leapords?
Ram
Wolf
Bear
Boar

and

Saber Tooth Tiger, Polar bear, white tiger, killer whale, walrus, elk, sea serpent, etc. So many spirit animals that the Devs can choose from that can be associated with Vikings.

Buffalo are just lame. I stand corrected. I don't think it can be considered a buffalo cause it looks nothing like a buffalo, lol.

UbiJurassic
12-22-2017, 09:06 PM
We’ve seen everyone's feedback on the new Viking Mask in the Frost Wind Festival and the team has decided to go back and rework that Mask. We don’t have a lot of details right now, but we’ll share an update you in the new year when we know more about the timeline. So if you bought the Viking Mask, we will notify everyone when the replacement will happen, and you’ll see it update when we release the new version.

Ulrichvonbek111
12-23-2017, 04:16 AM
We’ve seen everyone's feedback on the new Viking Mask in the Frost Wind Festival and the team has decided to go back and rework that Mask. We don’t have a lot of details right now, but we’ll share an update you in the new year when we know more about the timeline. So if you bought the Viking Mask, we will notify everyone when the replacement will happen, and you’ll see it update when we release the new version.

Well it seems the Dev's team are going to do this reworking of a trivial item yet they stood firm (and silent) in the face of at least 500+ comments on how crap the reward was for Season 2.
They even took it further by insulting the Samurai by reworking making Season 3 winners rewards larger in number than previous Season..It is now farcical that you can fix this situation yet you put down resolutely any chance of making amends by making Season rewards equal... Shocking..
Step back and have a look at yourselves and how ridiculously blatant this statement you have made is in regard to the fix.
Blatantly slapping the face and plenty brushing under the carpet.
A few people crying and moaning about a mask and bennnnd right over you go to accommodate their whims.
500+ dissapointed Samurai and you told them months later to stop moaning and NO..NO..NO.
This slap on the face stopped many Samurai having any interest in Faction War..That's on your plate too.
Unbelievable you really are...when I say you I refer to the Dev's and all concerned with the sham.
So on you go now and fix mask for more cash for many haven't bought it,,so yeah fix it for your × amount x15,000...
Cash inventive mmm nice..
Yeah I'm sure..

XJadeDragoonX
12-23-2017, 03:40 PM
Well it seems the Dev's team are going to do this reworking of a trivial item yet they stood firm (and silent) in the face of at least 500+ comments on how crap the reward was for Season 2.
They even took it further by insulting the Samurai by reworking making Season 3 winners rewards larger in number than previous Season..It is now farcical that you can fix this situation yet you put down resolutely any chance of making amends by making Season rewards equal... Shocking..
Step back and have a look at yourselves and how ridiculously blatant this statement you have made is in regard to the fix.
A few people crying and moaning about a mask and bennnnd right over you go to accommodate their whims.
500+ dissapointed Samurai and you told them months later to stop moaning and NO..NO..NO.
This slap on the face stopped many Samurai having any interest in Faction War..That's on your plate too.
Unbelievable you really are...when I say you I refer to the Dev's and all concerned with the sham.
So on you go now and fix mask for more cash for many haven't bought it,,so yeah fix it for your × amount x15,000...
Yeah I'm sure..

Lol just shutup. Nobody uses any of the season rewards. They all suck. Every season.

Vakris_One
12-23-2017, 05:01 PM
Ulrich does have a point here in all fairness. Now it's great that the devs are listening to players and are willing to go to all the trouble of changing the Viking mask and we're all appreciative of this I'm sure. Not many devs would do this after all.

It is still worth mentioning though that the very same complaints by the Samurai players were unsuccessful in convincing the devs to make changes in retrospect. Instead they made slightly better rewards for the next Season winners which frankly felt like a further kick to the balls for the Samurai faction players, as if we were the guiney pigs who do not matter. The combination of those two events has resulted in demorilising the Samurai players who now largely don't give a hoot about the faction war.

I'm happy that the devs are going to change the Viking mask and I don't want to be negative about them doing this because it is a really nice gesture. I mean I don't want to discourage them from doing these gestures in futures. All I'll say is that it would have been nice if they set this trend when the Samurai faction first made a ton of complaints.

bob333e
12-23-2017, 06:59 PM
Ulrich does have a point here in all fairness. Now it's great that the devs are listening to players and are willing to go to all the trouble of changing the Viking mask and we're all appreciative of this I'm sure. Not many devs would do this after all.

It is still worth mentioning though that the very same complaints by the Samurai players were unsuccessful in convincing the devs to make changes in retrospect. Instead they made slightly better rewards for the next Season winners which frankly felt like a further kick to the balls for the Samurai faction players, as if we were the guiney pigs who do not matter. The combination of those two events has resulted in demorilising the Samurai players who now largely don't give a hoot about the faction war.

I'm happy that the devs are going to change the Viking mask and I don't want to be negative about them doing this because it is a really nice gesture. I mean I don't want to discourage them from doing these gestures in futures. All I'll say is that it would have been nice if they set this trend when the Samurai faction first made a ton of complaints.

It's less about how the rewards were for S2, and more about the overall design side of For Honor, honestly. A lot of things are recycled, minimally-polished, rushed stuff that don't give off the feel that they've been worked on, and rather feel they've been thrown together last-minute just to appease the community that 'they have been rewarded'. Plus, this whole mess of a RNG-fest isn't properly rewarding the players in anything they do anyway; not just end-season rewards. Everything, particularly Tournaments, and most notably, the recent RNGfestation of the Frost Wind Festival. It's an intentional mechanic that makes you loot colors and effects for any other hero than the one you're playing; the one you're playing gets the least drop rate.

On top of that, the Viking Mask was rushed straight out without even proper polishing, and they didn't even think of enhancing the overall theme of the game with aesthetics that actually matter. Who cares about frozen minions. They could have for instance made all maps sunken into a blizzard storm, locked into one weather for the duration of the event. And maybe introduce a new enemy, like a greater minion, something like an ice golem, that has a low spawn rate but once it spawns it's hard to kill. These kind of things.

Ice Brawler is a prime meme; I doubt anyone in their right mind made this map to be competitive. So many players want to focus on the fight but that just won't happen. And more than half of the people who go to Ice Brawler pick Shaman, Raider, Warlord and LB. For a shared goal. And the map is nothing new. It's the chapter where Holden Cross goes into the viking settlement, the spot where he fights the second-toughest Viking in the game, Gudmundr being the first.

Add to all that, there are reported bugs with the Tundra Gryphon mask (for Knights), and there are items straight recycled as they are, exactly the same, like the Aragon Blade (for Warden), and reported bugs concerning the Avalanche effect during execution. It's still the same cycle. Design-wise, this game lacks severely. It didn't stop at insulting Samurais back at the end of S2; it keeps insulting every other player with each newly added content.

He does have a point that the rewards were extremely lacking (a crap ornament for every hero), but even still, people like him keep confusing the moderators of this forum with the development team. The mods here have nothing to do with all of that. It's purely an executive decision to not invest resources into manual handiwork, and not instructing the designers, modelers, riggers, shading artists, texture artists, and graphic artists to transcend what previous standards they've set, and establish a new landmark in visual design for For Honor. And bug-testing all of it.

Instead, they're instructed to recycle, re-use assets, work minimally, and work as quick as they can. And when the deadline hits home, "just rush everything out of the window, we'll fix it later".

The poor mods here are trying to help the community, and even though they play a good role in providing community feedback to the development team, in no way they should be blamed for the lackey design side of For Honor. Because they have absolutely no hand in that. They forward our feedback to the devs, but the devs alone decide what to do and how it's done. We can only hope the devs really listen. And that maybe, they finally learned that they shouldn't upset their playerbase like this, with a degrading design quality with each new season. Let's just hope the lesson was well learned.

Let's also not forget this is the same guy who flamed ArchoVax's Lore Timeline thread and got previously banned. Doubt he's a constructive person.

Vakris_One
12-23-2017, 08:05 PM
It's less about how the rewards were for S2, and more about the overall design side of For Honor, honestly. A lot of things are recycled, minimally-polished, rushed stuff that don't give off the feel that they've been worked on, and rather feel they've been thrown together last-minute just to appease the community that 'they have been rewarded'. Plus, this whole mess of a RNG-fest isn't properly rewarding the players in anything they do anyway; not just end-season rewards. Everything, particularly Tournaments, and most notably, the recent RNGfestation of the Frost Wind Festival. It's an intentional mechanic that makes you loot colors and effects for any other hero than the one you're playing; the one you're playing gets the least drop rate.

On top of that, the Viking Mask was rushed straight out without even proper polishing, and they didn't even think of enhancing the overall theme of the game with aesthetics that actually matter. Who cares about frozen minions. They could have for instance made all maps sunken into a blizzard storm, locked into one weather for the duration of the event. And maybe introduce a new enemy, like a greater minion, something like an ice golem, that has a low spawn rate but once it spawns it's hard to kill. These kind of things.

Ice Brawler is a prime meme; I doubt anyone in their right mind made this map to be competitive. So many players want to focus on the fight but that just won't happen. And more than half of the people who go to Ice Brawler pick Shaman, Raider, Warlord and LB. For a shared goal. And the map is nothing new. It's the chapter where Holden Cross goes into the viking settlement, the spot where he fights the second-toughest Viking in the game, Gudmundr being the first.

Add to all that, there are reported bugs with the Tundra Gryphon mask (for Knights), and there are items straight recycled as they are, exactly the same, like the Aragon Blade (for Warden), and reported bugs concerning the Avalanche effect during execution. It's still the same cycle. Design-wise, this game lacks severely. It didn't stop at insulting Samurais back at the end of S2; it keeps insulting every other player with each newly added content.

He does have a point that the rewards were extremely lacking (a crap ornament for every hero), but even still, people like him keep confusing the moderators of this forum with the development team. The mods here have nothing to do with all of that. It's purely an executive decision to not invest resources into manual handiwork, and not instructing the designers, modelers, riggers, shading artists, texture artists, and graphic artists to transcend what previous standards they've set, and establish a new landmark in visual design for For Honor. And bug-testing all of it.

Instead, they're instructed to recycle, re-use assets, work minimally, and work as quick as they can. And when the deadline hits home, "just rush everything out of the window, we'll fix it later".

The poor mods here are trying to help the community, and even though they play a good role in providing community feedback to the development team, in no way they should be blamed for the lackey design side of For Honor. Because they have absolutely no hand in that. They forward our feedback to the devs, but the devs alone decide what to do and how it's done. We can only hope the devs really listen. And that maybe, they finally learned that they shouldn't upset their playerbase like this, with a degrading design quality with each new season. Let's just hope the lesson was well learned.

Let's also not forget this is the same guy who flamed ArchoVax's Lore Timeline thread and got previously banned. Doubt he's a constructive person.
I don't disagree with any of your points. And I absolutely do know Ulrich's reputation both from observation and from being the subject of his brand of "commentary" (to put it in nicer terms). Despite his attitude towards me in the past I don't hold hatred in my heart for the guy though, life's too short for nursing grudges.

On this occassion I feel his complaint has a valid viewpoint and the 'temperature' of his post was actually pretty tame for Ulrich :)

Ulrichvonbek111
12-24-2017, 03:50 AM

I stated in my post that when I use the word you it refers to Dev's So please read again properly.
No confusion on my behalf...maybe yours by what you have made obviously clear from your post..

Ulrichvonbek111
12-24-2017, 03:56 AM

More constructive than you could believe..
Civil engineer for 27 years 😂and what's it got to do with you for you to add your little snipe at me at the end of your post ?
I leave you so far behind in endearment and virtues.
Grow a set....of you know what.

Ulrichvonbek111
12-24-2017, 03:59 AM
I don't disagree with any of your points. And I absolutely do know Ulrich's reputation both from observation and from being the subject of his brand of "commentary" (to put it in nicer terms). Despite his attitude towards me in the past I don't hold hatred in my heart for the guy though, life's too short for nursing grudges.

On this occassion I feel his complaint has a valid viewpoint and the 'temperature' of his post was actually pretty tame for Ulrich :)

Seasons Greetings Vakris,,
Best wishes to you and your kin.

What's the problem with the OP you're replying to ?

ChampionRuby50g
12-24-2017, 06:36 AM
More constructive than you could believe..
Civil engineer for 27 years 😂and what's it got to do with you for you to add your little snipe at me at the end of your post ?
I leave you so far behind in endearment and virtues.
Grow a set....of you know what.

Don't be a hypocrite now, not like you haven't had uncalled for snipes at a lot of people here in the past. Dont act so high and mighty just because it's happened to you now.

Rikuto01.tv
12-24-2017, 06:44 AM
Yeah I'm sure..

If this is how you treat them when they do something right, why should they care about anything you have to complain about?

Frankly, you're the worst kind of consumer.

bob333e
12-24-2017, 11:57 AM

Agreed. He was being a lot more friendly than his usual self, in that post. I wouldn't say it's a grudge, but what are the chances of someone flaming a forum, getting banned, coming back and becoming someone else? he did it once, he'll probably do it again at some point. Let's hope not.

Anyway, I, too, am looking forward for the Viking Mask rework. I've tested its look on my Raider and Berserker and it downright sucks. On the Raider, it's missing the central half of its jaw, they probably thought it'd be cool to have Raider's beard pop out like a 'tongue', but what if the Raider is female? mine is female, and nothing looked uglier than this mask in the entire game. It also clips into its own shader and its edges along the jaw and jawline, they become invisible if you rotate the view. It's a damn sheet of paper. And on the Berserker it's not even aligned with the Berserker's face thing. It covers the Berserker's eyes.

And why buffalo... how does the concept of a buffalo even fit with Vikings. I'd have preferred a frost sabretooth predator, a frost mammoth, a frost direwolf! you know, the epic stuff Vikings deserve. :(

Crossing fingers for the rework. I'd like to buy this mask for Vikings, because I honestly feel a frost-themed mask is better fit for Vikings than a voodoo-themed one (the Halloween one). As for Samurais, I feel the Frost Dragon fits best on Kensei, Nobushi and Aramusha. It looks sweet on Kensei! and the Tundra Gryphon, it looks best on Lawbringer, Centurion and Gladiator, imo. Especially Centurion; he has a couple moves that have eagle names... and he stings hard with that roman sword.

Side note: would be nice if they added slight animations on the masks themselves during execution, for example the Knights halloween mask moves its jaw during emotes and executions, like it's a faint growl. Would have been much nicer if the Frost Dragon moved its jaw too, but that would probably have costed them too much time and made them deliver crappy Knight masks as well, not just the Viking mask :p

Ulrichvonbek111
12-24-2017, 03:29 PM
don't be a hypocrite now, not like you haven't had uncalled for snipes at a lot of people here in the past. Dont act so high and mighty just because it's happened to you now.

i did the crime snd payed the time
i've changed my approach to this noe becsuse over the last 4 months i've been going through so much surgical procedurs on my right lung and only 3 days ago i've been given a second in life as everything i had to endire has been successful.
Yes i know i may have been full on before, my direction and predjudices hazzed eith my painkilling medication.
I tell you this because you know absolutely nothing about me.
I'm not explaining myself to anyone..what i'm saying is just this that i'm not being high and mighty nor hypocritical,,what i am being is a genuine person with an honest approach to wording my posts with civility.
Now if you cannot accept this then that's ypur own issue.

Seasons greeting's to all

GeneraISoIo
12-28-2017, 05:20 PM

Hey UbiJurassic, any update on when this will be released? I'm curious if it will be before or after the price change from 15000 to 20000? I really don't want to buy the mask at discount if I am not sure if I even want the new reworked mask.

Tundra 793
12-28-2017, 05:29 PM
Hey UbiJurassic, any update on when this will be released? I'm curious if it will be before or after the price change from 15000 to 20000? I really don't want to buy the mask at discount if I am not sure if I even want the new reworked mask.

Some of the teams are probably still on, or just were, on break. So I'd say it's a safe bet the rework will come after new years.

Best advice; Look at everything besides the mask. You still get symbols and patterns, effects and an ornament. If you can enjoy those, the mask might not be the deciding factor. Even with this lackluster, actually kinda bugged mask, I still enjoy using it.

I'm not explaining myself to anyone..what i'm saying is just this that i'm not being high and mighty nor hypocritical,,what i am being is a genuine person with an honest approach to wording my posts with civility.

Is that why, 12 hours ago, you accused Fady, and those who might share and support his arguments in threads, of being part of a "gang" who only ever back each other up to belittle other posters?
Civility must mean something different in your language.

Happy holidays Ulrich, please stop posting when you're high on those painkillers.

UbiJurassic
12-28-2017, 07:43 PM

Due to the holidays, a majority of the team is currently out at the moment and we won't have an update until after the new year. As soon as we have more info on it, we'll be posting it up to keep players informed.