PDA

View Full Version : Highlander's "enhanced" offensive stance lights

Forumsacc
12-21-2017, 09:20 PM
After playing Highlander for roughly 2 seasons now I cannot help but notice how underwhelming the offensive stance "enhanced" light attacks are. Sure they are quick and can be used to cancel an unblockable heavy for a subtle mix up, but other than that they just feel a little weak for their stamina cost. I don't understand why they are referred to as enhanced as they bring no real benefit, they just sort of exist as a rarely used option. It is rather disappointing that they are not fully viable as a mix up option, and I would very much like to make use of Highlander's full kit. So why not make the enhanced lights truly worthy of their title and add a stunning tap property to them. But if that stretches into the realm of over powered then at least cut their cost down to something more reasonable. In all honesty I enjoy the game and like the direction it has started to take, and I thank the developers for their support of the game into year two. But with that in mind, seriously what is the deal with "enhanced" lights?

Knight_Raime
12-21-2017, 10:49 PM
I hesitate to mention much about highlander just because unlike most kits I really don't know what they wanted out of the highlander. His kit seems to be going in 2 seperate directions.
But I think the original intent of offensive lights is to beat mix ups. But in my opinion it's stamina cost is too much for how little damage it does. I don't know how to make his kit more viable in higher play but I deff think regardless of what they do to him they should massively decrease his stamina cost and remove the stamina cost for exiting offensive form.

bob333e
12-21-2017, 10:55 PM
Agreed. His normal stance is one thing and his offensive stance is another. And in both, stamina cost is too great for what he can pull off.

Herbstlicht
12-21-2017, 11:35 PM
His top light is reactible (500ms), his side lights are rather fast (400ms). However, those lights only deal 10 damage. So you even got a 50% chance to guess right, get a block (or even parry!) and then counter. Because in offensive stance highlander has no defence. And please do not count his ultra-small-step-dodge. Not saying it's useless, but it isn't all that reliable either. So for me too, the high stamina cost for a move that has such a low usability is weird.

Besides, I too do think Highlander could benefit really much from some slight number adjustments. However, not only in stamina and damage, as well in guardbreak vulnerability and super armor. Due to his speed he is way more vulnerable to some attacks that pretty much everything else on the roster. Not to mention his awful feint window on his heavies. With even more and faster light spam, as well as 500ms dodge attacks (dunno, but is Highlander even capable of heavy feinting a shaman into dodge to parry it? I don't think so actually ..), you can beat attacks with attacks on your own. Even before superarmor kicks in or he is able to get his guard back up after feinting. So I think there are some troubling problems here.

I do not know though how it is on PC btw; only got him to rep 20 on PS4.

PanzerShrekonin
12-22-2017, 12:35 AM
His top light is reactible (500ms), his side lights are rather fast (400ms). However, those lights only deal 10 damage. So you even got a 50% chance to guess right, get a block (or even parry!) and then counter. Because in offensive stance highlander has no defence. And please do not count his ultra-small-step-dodge. Not saying it's useless, but it isn't all that reliable either. So for me too, the high stamina cost for a move that has such a low usability is weird.

Besides, I too do think Highlander could benefit really much from some slight number adjustments. However, not only in stamina and damage, as well in guardbreak vulnerability and super armor. Due to his speed he is way more vulnerable to some attacks that pretty much everything else on the roster. Not to mention his awful feint window on his heavies. With even more and faster light spam, as well as 500ms dodge attacks (dunno, but is Highlander even capable of heavy feinting a shaman into dodge to parry it? I don't think so actually ..), you can beat attacks with attacks on your own. Even before superarmor kicks in or he is able to get his guard back up after feinting. So I think there are some troubling problems here.

I do not know though how it is on PC btw; only got him to rep 20 on PS4.

I think being able to feint Celtic curse would be a good idea. Could def add things up to his mix ups.

David_gorda
12-22-2017, 02:43 AM
He is really bad, his attacks are to slow and cost to Much stamina and only get a light or zone attack from guardbreak. He cant change guard direction and his light counter attack either. He looks cool but sucks, he needs alot if Love from the devs to be viable.