PDA

View Full Version : For Honor PvP: What are your weaknesses?

bob333e
12-21-2017, 12:00 AM
I'll start with mine:

Hero(es) I use: Warden

- Laggy / lagswitching Shamans
- Shamans that spam jump/dodge attacks the entire match
- Laggy / lagswitching Shamans that spam jump/dodge/pounce attacks the entire match
- Aramusha feint masters
- Kensei feint masters
- The rare Shinobi mains who have mastered the Way Of The Ninja (seriously, I can't ever catch those guys)
- Laggy / lagswitching Gladiators
- Gladiators that spam toestab the entire match
- Laggy / lagswitching Gladiators that spam toestab the entire match (rip my toes)
- Laggy / lagswitching Peacekeepers
- Another skilled Warden.

What are yours? I'm curious, do share.

Rye.Bread.
12-21-2017, 12:06 AM
Lightning fast HIHG SPID spammers and also parry baiters.
I use Conqueror.

Baturai
12-21-2017, 12:15 AM
Playing this game.

ZaElder
12-21-2017, 12:35 AM
They can't fix 1v1. In fact, they don't have the budget to fix anything on time. That's why they promote team modes. Team modes have too much noises that screen players from realizing how broken and unfair the characters are.
The concept of having characters with different light attack speed breaks any fair gameplay let alone other mechanics.
I mained warden and I knew it was broken character in a broken game played by community full of bullies.
Then I realized that Ubisoft won't fix anything...they even try to sell the same system for the second year... So I said no... I have to fight this. We all have to. Let's force them to fix it or kill it.

PanzerShrekonin
12-21-2017, 01:22 AM
I play a bunch of toons, but my main is Centurion and Gladiator.

My biggest thing is the light spam. ShiNOOBi's, Gladiators, PK's and all the assassins basically, who just use light attacks. They are so fast that I have a hard time blocking let alone parrying.

bob333e
12-21-2017, 01:29 AM
I play a bunch of toons, but my main is Centurion and Gladiator.

My biggest thing is the light spam. ShiNOOBi's, Gladiators, PK's and all the assassins basically, who just use light attacks. They are so fast that I have a hard time blocking let alone parrying.

It's interesting to hear that, like me, mirror matches prove really difficult. Gladiator's two problematic moves are toestab and his zone. The former has only a tiny reaction window to dodge it, and can be chained after any other attack. And the latter, if you're within bash reach, the trident hit is unavoidable. It's basically a free hit.

To me, the only difficult Shinobis are the real good Shinobis that use the full extent of his kit; and my only problem with PKs is if they lagswitch.

Shaman is another story... this hero is on another ladder. A bit of lag and you'll need a lot of luck to beat her.

PanzerShrekonin
12-21-2017, 01:36 AM
It's interesting to hear that, like me, mirror matches prove really difficult. Gladiator's two problematic moves are toestab and his zone. The former has only a tiny reaction window to dodge it, and can be chained after any other attack. And the latter, if you're within bash reach, the trident hit is unavoidable. It's basically a free hit.

To me, the only difficult Shinobis are the real good Shinobis that use the full extent of his kit; and my only problem with PKs is if they lagswitch.

Shaman is another story... this hero is on another ladder. A bit of lag and you'll need a lot of luck to beat her.

I also have alot of trouble with berskers, with their mobility and high damage.

Like that dodge gets me so much, especially when I didn't feint and they hit me with that.... and their parrys are AMAZING. If they parry, they get a free heavy, regardless of parry light or heavy.... and dont get me started on the wall splat with the high overhead damage.

ChampionRuby50g
12-21-2017, 01:43 AM
Weakness? What is the meaning of this word?

In all seriousness, my only weakness is myself. Overthinking and analysing situations, performing moves when I shouldn't have and been to proactive, such as predicting moves too early or feinting too much in response to other feints.

Alustar.
12-21-2017, 01:48 AM
Dodging too much and not being able to block effectively as I like.
Outside of that, not much.

Alustar.
12-21-2017, 01:51 AM
They can't fix 1v1. In fact, they don't have the budget to fix anything on time. That's why they promote team modes. Team modes have too much noises that screen players from realizing how broken and unfair the characters are.
The concept of having characters with different light attack speed breaks any fair gameplay let alone other mechanics.
I mained warden and I knew it was broken character in a broken game played by community full of bullies.
Then I realized that Ubisoft won't fix anything...they even try to sell the same system for the second year... So I said no... I have to fight this. We all have to. Let's force them to fix it or kill it.

I don't think any of this holds water. Team mode are in fact the focus of the game, as there are multiple queues for team modes, where as three is only 1 1v1 mode.
Further more each hero performs differently in each mode. You cannot expect the same tactics that work in a duel to have the same effectiveness in 4s.

bob333e
12-21-2017, 02:05 AM
I also have alot of trouble with berskers, with their mobility and high damage.

Like that dodge gets me so much, especially when I didn't feint and they hit me with that.... and their parrys are AMAZING. If they parry, they get a free heavy, regardless of parry light or heavy.... and dont get me started on the wall splat with the high overhead damage.

Against assassins, as a rule of thumb... always feint heavies! In the midst of a fight, they'll eventually fall for a feint, and do a dodge attack. Exception to this is Shinobi, feint a heavy, bait his dodge-kick, but then dodge his kick, and then GB. No parries needed. Pretty much every other assassin is weak to feint -> parry when they fall for it.

And yeah, Berserker's wallsplat / OOS overhead punish is the deadliest single-hit punish in the game (Shaman's Predator's Mercy doesn't count because it's a different mechanic and also requires to bleed you first). Honestly it's a good trade-off; parrying a Berserker is too easy, so a Berserker getting a deadlier punish than you if he parries you is fair, imo.

In all seriousness, my only weakness is myself. Overthinking and analysing situations, performing moves when I shouldn't have and been to proactive, such as predicting moves too early or feinting too much in response to other feints.

Very true. We are our own harshest, and best, masters. I too often predict moves too early and parry too early, resulting in stupid openings. I also sometimes tend to followup too much, become OOS, and pay heavily for it.

Dodging too much and not being able to block effectively as I like.
Outside of that, not much.

With assassins, parry more than block, blocking consecutive hits with reflex guard isn't ideal. Works, but not ideal. Not sure if PK has deflect (never seen anyone pull it on me) but if she has, that'll make you twice as deadly. As for Highlander, use his CC more often than block. I think he has CC on all three directions, it's great to repel an enemy. I know it doesn't have much followups, but it'll make them think twice before swarming you with light attacks. Also, you'll look badass with Highlander, I don't really see any Highlander making good use of his CC!

Vakris_One
12-21-2017, 03:35 AM
You sound like you need to just move on and find another game to play. From seeing a lot of your posts recently you seem to be interested only in spreading your own personal sense of pessimism about the game. The game's not gonna change to accomodate you personally. What you want this game to be and what it actually is are two very different things. Either accept this fact and learn to adapt to this game or move on to a different one.

This talk of "forcing" the devs to do things your way or the highway is nonsense talk. What makes you think that you and you alone know what is best for this game? You're just one player with an opinion at the end of the day. By all means you should explain and suggest ideas as to what you want to see but stating your opinions as if they are facts with no proof is a no go in my opinion.

Alustar.
12-21-2017, 04:45 AM
Against assassins, as a rule of thumb... always feint heavies! In the midst of a fight, they'll eventually fall for a feint, and do a dodge attack. Exception to this is Shinobi, feint a heavy, bait his dodge-kick, but then dodge his kick, and then GB. No parries needed. Pretty much every other assassin is weak to feint -> parry when they fall for it.

And yeah, Berserker's wallsplat / OOS overhead punish is the deadliest single-hit punish in the game (Shaman's Predator's Mercy doesn't count because it's a different mechanic and also requires to bleed you first). Honestly it's a good trade-off; parrying a Berserker is too easy, so a Berserker getting a deadlier punish than you if he parries you is fair, imo.

Very true. We are our own harshest, and best, masters. I too often predict moves too early and parry too early, resulting in stupid openings. I also sometimes tend to followup too much, become OOS, and pay heavily for it.

With assassins, parry more than block, blocking consecutive hits with reflex guard isn't ideal. Works, but not ideal. Not sure if PK has deflect (never seen anyone pull it on me) but if she has, that'll make you twice as deadly. As for Highlander, use his CC more often than block. I think he has CC on all three directions, it's great to repel an enemy. I know it doesn't have much followups, but it'll make them think twice before swarming you with light attacks. Also, you'll look badass with Highlander, I don't really see any Highlander making good use of his CC!

That's a standard tactic for duels, in 4s that doesn't always work as well. Anytime you have more than one opponent (I'm typically a solo player, so this happens frequently) the main problem is the inability to CGB. Unless you are blocking, they will wait for/bait the dodge, then just grab you and get free hits.
Which leads into my main gripe with reflex guard, is the inability to CGB from a dodge. While I get it, is to prevent dodge spamming assassin. That's fair. however, if someone is blocking frequently in the same situation, they still have the ability to CGB so long as they aren't in a full block stance.
The problem though is I don't see a viable solution that didn't either break the class, or make them horribly imbalanced

AlexHuaTian
12-21-2017, 04:49 AM
getting parried

Howard_T_J
12-21-2017, 07:13 AM
Lag
Getting Light Parried
Raiders insane reach of their side attacks.
Getting area attacked out of my attacks from friendly fire

fretti21
12-21-2017, 10:05 AM
Lets but the lag and lag swithing a side, i play whit many different chars rep 7+ since beta so i know every single trick and what to expect from different opponents, but my nemesis are the shugo and hes hyper armor, that damn thing regenerates just too fast, most of the time is spend on canceling the armor and spamming cgb on any decent shugo.

Charmzzz
12-21-2017, 12:44 PM

PK has, like every Assassin, a Deflect Move -> Riposting Stab which deals 30 damage (15 direct + 15 bleed). It is the worst Deflect with Shinobi's, Orochi gets 3 Options from Deflect (Light, Heavy, GB), Zerker gets a guaranteed GB (best Deflect move), Gladiator a free Skewer and Shaman a free bleed.

Erhanninja
12-21-2017, 01:01 PM
Cancer characters like PK and Aramusha. It’s simpy unreactable on console. PK is a nightmare. “Oh you can block Aramusha side too light” when he starts to feint top I can’t tell which direction attack is gonna come from. Infinite chain has to stop when blocked but it doesn’t.

Knight_Raime
12-21-2017, 01:04 PM
A good nobushi. Literally fml.
goki as well.
and a good kensei.

Knight_Raime
12-21-2017, 01:06 PM
Cancer characters like PK and Aramusha. It’s simpy unreactable on console. PK is a nightmare. “Oh you can block Aramusha side too light” when he starts to feint top I can’t tell which direction attack is gonna come from. Infinite chain has to stop when blocked but it doesn’t.

unreactable is code for "i'm awful at the game."
there are only 2 instances when blocking doesn't stop his combo.
If he's attacking you while you're OOS. Or if you blocked a heavy. Then the combo can continue. The same is true for every other hero in this instance.

Vakris_One
12-21-2017, 01:40 PM
Anyone that's good enough to stifle my tactics and put the fight on their terms is my weakness. That can happen either quickly with a blitzkrieg approach or slowly with a turtling approach that lets nothing through.

David_gorda
12-21-2017, 04:18 PM
unreactable is code for "i'm awful at the game."
there are only 2 instances when blocking doesn't stop his combo.
If he's attacking you while you're OOS. Or if you blocked a heavy. Then the combo can continue. The same is true for every other hero in this instance.
Not sure if you are delussional or pk/aramusha Main? 95% Of console players isnt awful at the Game. Maybe you should try a skillbased Class instead if spamming lights? :D

Devils-_-legacy
12-21-2017, 04:24 PM
I dont care about light spam I can normally block or parry if it's no rednat/lag switcher my weakness is premades with raider lb stampead impairing well 3 people kill you with in seconds

Hormly
12-21-2017, 05:46 PM
Gladiators is a terror. So many unblockables is scary to a warlord.

Shaman goes without saying.

Warden has been the object of my rage since launch, fighting him doesnt even 'resemble' combat. I find myself staying as far away as possible while i wait for him to turn orange and slide around trying to bump into me, awful design.

A shugo who knows his game is equally woeful. They essentially do one of two things, 1: sit and wait, if you swing they block or gb through it with armor, if you gb they swing or cgb.
2: headbut stun you
A disgrace to rikishi everywhere

A good Shinobi is annoying to, as they only engage on their own terms. Your only chance is to wait for them to swing a light and try to parry, everything else is avoidable.

conqs, all you can do is wait for them to shield bash, dodge, and go for a light. Tedious.

Lawbros, all i can do is headbut and gb, if i swing theyll block shove 50/50

ShadowStepped
12-21-2017, 11:34 PM
For me personally, I have trouble with good Lawbringer heroes who turtle. Since i play an orochi it can prove difficult to get any kind of offense going based on lack of ....well basically everything except counter attacks.

The_B0G_
12-22-2017, 09:30 AM
Black shaman, white ones I can handle, the black ones wreck me though.

Alustar.
12-22-2017, 03:51 PM
Black shaman, white ones I can handle, the black ones wreck me though.

Lol, my shaman is black XD

Anarnam
12-22-2017, 04:46 PM
No matter what I play... during bad days I become extremely predictable... everyone parries me then... Next day I tend to play defensively and they just slowly punish me todeath. meh.