PDA

View Full Version : OOS heavy protected against GB.....

Ackturi
12-20-2017, 09:27 PM
https://i.imgur.com/sundzBd.gif

bob333e
12-20-2017, 11:34 PM
Yeah happens with me too, I knockdown an OOS opponent, do a heavy, initiate a second heavy then feint it, they take the bait and press heavy, I attempt a GB but their heavy goes through even if they're OOS. The actual window to bypass the OOS heavy attack and land the GB is very short and only at the very beginning of the heavy attack animation. I don't think it's a bug, I think it's how heavy attacks override GB attempts in general, doesn't matter whether opponent is OOS.

Grozni.
12-21-2017, 08:44 AM
WHAT would you expect? To just grab his heavy?!
It should be no surprise you got cut.

Duskmare
12-22-2017, 09:58 AM
Honestly I'm both with and against OP.
Either you should be able to guardbreak people out of heavies or you shouldn't. The start up phase doesn't make much difference. Honestly I think you should have to earn a guardbreak. Either by feinting for a parry then guardbreaking or by dodging and punishing a missed attack.

Grozni.
12-22-2017, 01:51 PM
Guard Break should punish defensive people (dodge or guard).

Not people that attack! So, startup heavy guardbreak is BOLLOCKS in my opinion, and hurts game mechanics even more.

Moreso, guardbreak currently only punishes dodges, and attackers (those that end up parried - free gb) instead of players who stand their guard.

This is why champions with some unblockable bollocks "openers" are viable, coz there's really nothing else to do against defensive people.

Ackturi
12-22-2017, 06:39 PM
Guard Break should punish defensive people (dodge or guard).

Not people that attack! So, startup heavy guardbreak is BOLLOCKS in my opinion, and hurts game mechanics even more.

Moreso, guardbreak currently only punishes dodges, and attackers (those that end up parried - free gb) instead of players who stand their guard.

This is why champions with some unblockable bollocks "openers" are viable, coz there's really nothing else to do against defensive people.

I would have no issue with this if it was the same with ALL heroes. But currently only certain ones are immune to the gb on heavy startup.