PDA

View Full Version : Let cent cancel legion kick

Apolloassn13
12-20-2017, 05:03 PM
If warden can cancel shoulder bash why can't centurion cancel legion kick ? Same goes for shaman

SwellChemosabe
12-20-2017, 05:28 PM
I'm willing to be it's because he can cancel his heavy charged attack when it's 98.90% charged into a guard break repeatedly with little to no affect towards his stamina. Or the fact that the legion kick is still a significant piece to the puzzle we call the cutscene. Being able to cancel would lead, i believe, to unprecedented levels of sodium in the community. He only recently became bearable enough for me to beat on a regular basis and i can only imagine how long it took other players. He may not be perfect yet but this would definitely tilt things in the wrong direction.

Illyrian_King
12-20-2017, 05:31 PM
Why not?

So Cent can also cutscene from a Legion Kick feint into gb :rolleyes:

The_B0G_
12-20-2017, 05:40 PM
Yes let's give the most annoying character in the game even more for his cutscene mixups. Conquerer can't even feint heavies, like seaner said his charged heavy cancel into gb is already hard to deal with.

I personally still hate cent the most, one parry and he can basically kill you unless you have a hero with a ton of hp. His nerf was hardly a nerf.

Apolloassn13
12-20-2017, 06:03 PM
Yes let's give the most annoying character in the game even more for his cutscene mixups. Conquerer can't even feint heavies, like seaner said his charged heavy cancel into gb is already hard to deal with.

I personally still hate cent the most, one parry and he can basically kill you unless you have a hero with a ton of hp. His nerf was hardly a nerf.
U must've never touched him pre nerf, or even now trust me it was a huge nerf. Not saying he still isn't good but that only being because of the Wall splat into eagles talon still a combo

Apolloassn13
12-20-2017, 06:04 PM
Only noobs get caught into such easy reading tactics, I try that in higher play and it never ever works.

Devils-_-legacy
12-20-2017, 06:53 PM
I thought u left lol

The_B0G_
12-20-2017, 07:08 PM
U must've never touched him pre nerf, or even now trust me it was a huge nerf. Not saying he still isn't good but that only being because of the Wall splat into eagles talon still a combo

The only thing they nerfed was his infinite wall splat, was what I thought. He still has a ridiculous amount of stamina, for someone who uses and feints charge up heavies and throws and kicks, he uses barely any stamina, he can go on indefinitely.

Devils-_-legacy
12-20-2017, 07:19 PM
He is still a decent hero on console at least

Dasteel1974
12-20-2017, 08:00 PM
The only thing they nerfed was his infinite wall splat, was what I thought. He still has a ridiculous amount of stamina, for someone who uses and feints charge up heavies and throws and kicks, he uses barely any stamina, he can go on indefinitely.

So wrong on so many levels I donít even know where to begin correcting. If you have issues with Centurion then either you 1)arenít as good as you think 2)are a noob that doesnít know his moveset 3) sucker for bait or 4) your defense is horrible. I am a Centurion main and love him. Favorite character in the game. Even though when I start a match, against certain characters, I realize that due to his limitations and lack of moves he is a huge underdog. Personally, I think that the infinite wall splat combo was bs and never used it because of that. But he was hurt in every aspect that he could be hurt. His stamina is larger than others, yes. But they fixed his stamina issue by increasing the cost of certain moves. But he also has the slowest regen in the game(I believe). I have a 100% exh recov helmet and a 33% regen increase and it still is slow as Christmas. They slowed him on his OOS speed, shortened his range on both charges heavies, slowed down the speed between heavy and jab, which gets you out of a combo easily btw, and also and increased costs of a couple attacks(if I remember correctly). There may have been a couple other things I canít remember. Think there were like 7-8 changes made to him and they were all negative to him.

As far as stamina goes, hard to compare anybody to Aramusha. His stamina pops back up from zero to hero in like 2-3 seconds and that is at entry level. Then add in that he can roll off a lot of light attacks consecutively without getting exhausted. If memory serves me, I tested him in the how to play section, and got between 25-30 lights in a row before he went OOS. Unless you are a master against the feint and know all moves, I donít see him getting beat with the easiest parry in the game and his spam inspired moveset. Only characters that would be a challenge to a good Aramusha would be a very good player that uses a character with hyper armor.

SenBotsu893
12-20-2017, 08:28 PM
id say remove legion kick from the game.

why should he get a kick in his moveset? even the newest samurai hero has NO sort of easy ub for free damage. so why should he have it?

Saml84
12-20-2017, 08:30 PM
Idk how anyone who uses cent can think they are skilled in the game all you need to do is get 1 successful guard break by a wall and you basically won the fight. His fighting style is just broken and I am so confused what the devs were thinking when they made him.

SwellChemosabe
12-20-2017, 08:58 PM
So wrong on so many levels I donít even know where to begin correcting. If you have issues with Centurion then either you 1)arenít as good as you think 2)are a noob that doesnít know his moveset 3) sucker for bait or 4) your defense is horrible. I am a Centurion main and love him. Favorite character in the game. Even though when I start a match, against certain characters, I realize that due to his limitations and lack of moves he is a huge underdog. Personally, I think that the infinite wall splat combo was bs and never used it because of that. But he was hurt in every aspect that he could be hurt. His stamina is larger than others, yes. But they fixed his stamina issue by increasing the cost of certain moves. But he also has the slowest regen in the game(I believe). I have a 100% exh recov helmet and a 33% regen increase and it still is slow as Christmas. They slowed him on his OOS speed, shortened his range on both charges heavies, slowed down the speed between heavy and jab, which gets you out of a combo easily btw, and also and increased costs of a couple attacks(if I remember correctly). There may have been a couple other things I canít remember. Think there were like 7-8 changes made to him and they were all negative to him.

As far as stamina goes, hard to compare anybody to Aramusha. His stamina pops back up from zero to hero in like 2-3 seconds and that is at entry level. Then add in that he can roll off a lot of light attacks consecutively without getting exhausted. If memory serves me, I tested him in the how to play section, and got between 25-30 lights in a row before he went OOS. Unless you are a master against the feint and know all moves, I donít see him getting beat with the easiest parry in the game and his spam inspired moveset. Only characters that would be a challenge to a good Aramusha would be a very good player that uses a character with hyper armor.

Unfortunately these changes that you're talking about were made in such minute proportions that for the most part only cent players noticed them. His feint game still provides the player with an enormous advantage over other characters in the game and the fact that it costs so little stamina out of his stamina pool to cancel each of these moves means that it can be repeated over and over again with little to no consequence. Calling a player bad for getting caught in a move where a charged heavy can be canceled at the very last second, where as most of the other heroes don't have this ability and have to cancel much earlier at a greater cost to their stamina, is equivalent to saying a player is good because they know how to exploit this move: it makes no sense.

Using my own Berserker as an example: at rep 20 I have everything into attack, defense, stamina cost reduction and stamina regeneration. As a hero with the heaviest hitting top heavy and perhaps, in my opinion, some of the greatest feint mix ups available, i can only cancel an attack maybe 3 or 4 times before needing to stop and recovering my stamina. Each cancel is used for a light attack which at the most can be used to chip away at the health bar. If i'm fighting a shinobi it's not an issue so long as i actually land each and every light, but someone like lawbringer, it only does me so much good for so long before they adapt to my play style and i have to reconsider my strategy.

Centurion can initiate a charged heavy attack and, at the moment that most players have been conditioned to execute a parry, he can cancel that into a guard break with guarantees him a heavy attack, a hilt bash/wall splat into cut scene, at least one hit if a zone is used, and more than likely complete OOS for the opponent if a kick is used after the guard break into hilt bash and wall splat. Now, this wouldn't be an issue if it weren't for the fact that he only needs any two of these moves per cancel into a guard break to substantially weaken the opponent over time and it can be done "endlessly" which obviously we don't mean without end but more often than not it's continued until the death of the opponent which at that point the Cent is only a little below half stamina.

This is why so many people are frustrated when they play against centurion, easy punishes for doing what we've been conditioned to do since season 1 and all because cent's have the ability to cancel that one charged heavy. Now add in the idea of being able to feint a kick? No, players would very quickly call for that to be rolled back immediately.

I have, in the past, spoken out against Cent players because of exploits like this because it has gotten the best of me. It's easier now after the nerf, the cent is much more bearable, but not completely and not especially for every player. Centurion is essentially a hero with training wheels as it offers a severe advantage in a fight as opposed to heroes like berserker, highlander, orochi, Nobushi, Shugoki, etc. because all of these heroes are harder to learn. Now, that's not me calling anyone who plays cent a bad player, but i just can't take that hero seriously and i'll never consider any match against a centurion to be, for lack of a better word, good.

Apolloassn13
12-20-2017, 09:19 PM
I thought u left lol
Look at the time of this post and my quit post. Yea how dumb do you feel right now ?

Apolloassn13
12-20-2017, 09:23 PM
id say remove legion kick from the game.

why should he get a kick in his moveset? even the newest samurai hero has NO sort of easy ub for free damage. so why should he have it?

Lol u mean the move that's super easily dodged unless you're an idiot with little to no skill, the ability that gives u 1 free weak *** light hit ? Yeaaaa I thought so.

Apolloassn13
12-20-2017, 09:28 PM
Unfortunately these changes that you're talking about were made in such minute proportions that for the most part only cent players noticed them. His feint game still provides the player with an enormous advantage over other characters in the game and the fact that it costs so little stamina out of his stamina pool to cancel each of these moves means that it can be repeated over and over again with little to no consequence. Calling a player bad for getting caught in a move where a charged heavy can be canceled at the very last second, where as most of the other heroes don't have this ability and have to cancel much earlier at a greater cost to their stamina, is equivalent to saying a player is good because they know how to exploit this move: it makes no sense.

Using my own Berserker as an example: at rep 20 I have everything into attack, defense, stamina cost reduction and stamina regeneration. As a hero with the heaviest hitting top heavy and perhaps, in my opinion, some of the greatest feint mix ups available, i can only cancel an attack maybe 3 or 4 times before needing to stop and recovering my stamina. Each cancel is used for a light attack which at the most can be used to chip away at the health bar. If i'm fighting a shinobi it's not an issue so long as i actually land each and every light, but someone like lawbringer, it only does me so much good for so long before they adapt to my play style and i have to reconsider my strategy.

Centurion can initiate a charged heavy attack and, at the moment that most players have been conditioned to execute a parry, he can cancel that into a guard break with guarantees him a heavy attack, a hilt bash/wall splat into cut scene, at least one hit if a zone is used, and more than likely complete OOS for the opponent if a kick is used after the guard break into hilt bash and wall splat. Now, this wouldn't be an issue if it weren't for the fact that he only needs any two of these moves per cancel into a guard break to substantially weaken the opponent over time and it can be done "endlessly" which obviously we don't mean without end but more often than not it's continued until the death of the opponent which at that point the Cent is only a little below half stamina.

This is why so many people are frustrated when they play against centurion, easy punishes for doing what we've been conditioned to do since season 1 and all because cent's have the ability to cancel that one charged heavy. Now add in the idea of being able to feint a kick? No, players would very quickly call for that to be rolled back immediately.

I have, in the past, spoken out against Cent players because of exploits like this because it has gotten the best of me. It's easier now after the nerf, the cent is much more bearable, but not completely and not especially for every player. Centurion is essentially a hero with training wheels as it offers a severe advantage in a fight as opposed to heroes like berserker, highlander, orochi, Nobushi, Shugoki, etc. because all of these heroes are harder to learn. Now, that's not me calling anyone who plays cent a bad player, but i just can't take that hero seriously and i'll never consider any match against a centurion to be, for lack of a better word, good.

Centurions cut scene does just about as much DMg as most Hero characters can get off a wall splat with just a top heavy I don't think some of u people realize that Rofl.

He has super short attack range
Most His abilitys have ****ty ****ty tracking now

Pretty sure he has the hp of a freakin assassin

His lights are weak as hell, heavys do pretty good DMg I won't lie

Heavy into GB like I said only noobs can't counter guard break that bs it's very easily avoidable.

Cent pre nerf was Op because of the combos he got off but those combos were so easily avoidable but seeing as how 99.8% of this games community is trash none of u knew how to do so.

SwellChemosabe
12-20-2017, 09:31 PM
Lol u mean the move that's super easily dodged unless you're an idiot with little to no skill, the ability that gives u 1 free weak *** light hit ? Yeaaaa I thought so.

Well what's your idea for any improvements? you must have something to contribute if Sen's post is as ridiculous as you think it is. lets hear it.

SenBotsu893
12-20-2017, 09:34 PM

:D well if it never hits anyways then there is no harm in removing it from the game completly. some characters dont have any "ability that gives u 1 free weak *** light hit".

wouldnt that count as balancing then XD?

SwellChemosabe
12-20-2017, 09:37 PM
Centurions cut scene does just about as much DMg as most Hero characters can get off a wall splat with just a top heavy I don't think some of u people realize that Rofl.

He has super short attack range
Most His abilitys have ****ty ****ty tracking now

Pretty sure he has the hp of a freakin assassin

His lights are weak as hell, heavys do pretty good DMg I won't lie

Heavy into GB like I said only noobs can't counter guard break that bs it's very easily avoidable.

Cent pre nerf was Op because of the combos he got off but those combos were so easily avoidable but seeing as how 99.8% of this games community is trash none of u knew how to do so.

I disagree. When the cutscene can lower a hero down to less than half health remaining while the top heavy of a berserker would only take half of a shinobi's and maybe a third of another berserker. A little less for characters like warlord or lawbringer. his attack range is short, yes, but that's to his credit. Players don't want to get close to him because they know if they do miss that CGB it's gonna lead to an eventual wall splat or OOS. I'm not arguing how easy or hard it is to counter, what i'm arguing is the risk vs reward it presents the Cent if it's successful compared to most other heroes on the roster. you seem very confident in your knowledge on this but your statements aren't adding up. perhaps you have numbers you can present that back your case? right now all you're saying is that "it's easy to avoid, you're all noobs" when that's not really the thing we're discussing. Please try to be more constructive if you're going to contribute to this conversation, but if you're just going to keep on trying to troll then please try something a little more original other than "you're trash, you noobs".

Apolloassn13
12-20-2017, 09:37 PM
:D well if it never hits anyways then there is no harm in removing it from the game completly. some characters dont have any "ability that gives u 1 free weak *** light hit".

wouldnt that count as balancing then XD?
Every character has tag ability, it's called a gb :)

Apolloassn13
12-20-2017, 09:39 PM
I disagree. When the cutscene can lower a hero down to less than half health remaining while the top heavy of a berserker would only take half of a shinobi's and maybe a third of another berserker. A little less for characters like warlord or lawbringer. his attack range is short, yes, but that's to his credit. Players don't want to get close to him because they know if they do miss that CGB it's gonna lead to an eventual wall splat or OOS. I'm not arguing how easy or hard it is to counter, what i'm arguing is the risk vs reward it presents the Cent if it's successful compared to most other heroes on the roster. you seem very confident in your knowledge on this but your statements aren't adding up. perhaps you have numbers you can present that back your case? right now all you're saying is that "it's easy to avoid, you're all noobs" when that's not really the thing we're discussing. Please try to be more constructive if you're going to contribute to this conversation, but if you're just going to keep on trying to troll then please try something a little more original other than "you're trash, you noobs".

This conversation ? Pretty sure this is my thread XD ****** get lost and get good.

SwellChemosabe
12-20-2017, 09:41 PM
This conversation ? Pretty sure this is my thread XD ****** get lost and get good.

Right, trolling it is then, got it.

Anyone with any serious and constructive arguments i can discuss this with?

Apolloassn13
12-20-2017, 09:45 PM
Right, trolling it is then, got it.

Anyone with any serious and constructive arguments i can discuss this with?
Not trolling u just suck

The_B0G_
12-20-2017, 10:20 PM
You hear that guys? If you ever miss a CGB or your light gets parried , then you suck.

PanzerShrekonin
12-21-2017, 01:12 AM
Centurion is B tier people... its pretty much common knowledge. Is he annoying? Sure... but hes not that good.

People complain about the feint into GB? What? Everyone can feint into GB. Oh you mean the charged heavy? Uh... how about you wait for it instead of prefiring. If you get caught by the Feint into GB, you were going to get hit with the heavy because theres a huge difference in the timing between when the charged heavy can be feinted and not feinted.

not to mention, if you just dodge... its a free gb...

Dodge the kick, free GB((half the time. Sometimes he can follow up with a heavy? His inputs are weird.))
Dodge the jab, free GB((Depends on the opponent. Some characters gtet a free one, some dont. ))
Lights hit like noodles.
Heavies aren't that powerful in dmg but the speed is amazing.

his HP is weaksauce.

His feinting heavies((Not the charged)), is very lackluster. The speed of the heavies make feinting a guessing game.