PDA

View Full Version : the next steps to balance shaman

SenBotsu893
12-19-2017, 12:16 AM
so since buggy tracking has been apparently fixed now its time to balance her properly.

next adressed should be predators hunger/mercys activation time. 400 ms and cancaleable is a no go.
the increase in stamina for feint is a placebo nerf like they did with centurion so often.

shinobis kick got nerved asap so i expected the devs to give predators hunger/mercy a similar treatment.. i am still waiting.
it should also not be guaranteed from a throw.

her throws are already unreasonable far for a tiny assasin girl. it does not need the extra free bash.

and her HP are too high for a character with auto-heal at will.
she should not have the maximum assasin hp if she outclasses every other assasin in terms of speed/damage/throwing distance/unblockables/savety of attacks

same goes for her 25% damage reduction lvl 2 feat and second wind on lvl 3. she shouldnt have acces to these feats in addition to her build in auto-heal.
replace them with doom banner and throwing axe.

Ackturi
12-19-2017, 12:31 AM
Only reason they nerfed shinobi was because they hate samurai. Taking away 400ms kick after DOUBLE dodge and the 50/50 gb choice just to give it to a slight back step 400ms pounce and UB heavy into gb (normal heavy into gb also).

PanzerShrekonin
12-19-2017, 12:36 AM
so since buggy tracking has been apparently fixed now its time to balance her properly.

next adressed should be predators hunger/mercys activation time. 400 ms and cancaleable is a no go.
the increase in stamina for feint is a placebo nerf like they did with centurion so often.

shinobis kick got nerved asap so i expected the devs to give predators hunger/mercy a similar treatment.. i am still waiting.
it should also not be guaranteed from a throw.

her throws are already unreasonable far for a tiny assasin girl. it does not need the extra free bash.

and her HP are too high for a character with auto-heal at will.
she should not have the maximum assasin hp if she outclasses every other assasin in terms of speed/damage/throwing distance/unblockables/savety of attacks

same goes for her 25% damage reduction lvl 2 feat and second wind on lvl 3. she shouldnt have acces to these feats in addition to her build in auto-heal.
replace them with doom banner and throwing axe.

Shaman just needs to be looked at.... her HP is way too high for a super fast assassin with PK lights, that super long range leap that lands like a PK light, or the dodge heavy((Wtf)), or the fact the pounce, doesn't carry a risk to it like Shugoki.

They took the strengths of a multitude of characters and gave it to her.... why?

Only reason they nerfed shinobi was because they hate samurai. Taking away 400ms kick after DOUBLE dodge and the 50/50 gb choice just to give it to a slight back step 400ms pounce and UB heavy into gb (normal heavy into gb also).

ShiNOOBi was dumb on release. It was way too easy to land that kick and there wasn't a real punishment for it.

Knight_Raime
12-19-2017, 01:51 PM
It's a 400ms action after the dodge animation. So it's easy to see coming. So...no.
Stamina cost changes are reasonable. I haven't tried her since the new patch so i'll have to see myself. But as a concept i'm not against stamina changes.
I think it being guaranteed from throw is fine. It's the fact that the bash gives splats. That's what needs removing. Not the guarantee.
idk. Maybe it's because I don't 4v4 but I think her health is fine. I've never lost to a fight against her due to the healing outside bite.
Unlike goki where I pretty much always lose if he gets a hug on me.

Shins kick guaranteed an attack and could GB before the animation finished.
Her canceling back and forth between rage and bash is much more managable. her canceling into a dash attack is easily read. It's much different.
Granted they did over nerf shin initially. But it had a good basis. This does not.

IMO her next changes should be:
Fixing wildcat's rage bug
Nerfing damage on bite
nerfing stamina gain on bite
removing splat on pounce.
nerf throw distance
Add more recovery to her dash/dodges

Once we get lag comp in if she's still a problem I'd be fine with her top bleed poke going to 500 ms and maybe wildcats rage or the dash light getting slowed slightly. But until then I don't think we should be messing with her speed at all.

Devils-_-legacy
12-19-2017, 03:51 PM
I've never been wall splat from her I've only been ledged so I'm kinda against her having the guarantee bash after throw she doesn't need the ledge potential of a heavys she's ment to be a plain assassin not hybrid but she acts more like one my only other issue is the forward dodge attack I've noticed the indicators don't always show still reactable but not its strange the guard indicator only shows after I've hit someone with it feels scrubby to play her

Brologna_Xeno
12-19-2017, 06:31 PM
Nothing seems different about her leaps and tackles to me so far. Still a homing missile with lightning speed.

Knight_Raime
12-21-2017, 05:55 AM
I've never been wall splat from her I've only been ledged so I'm kinda against her having the guarantee bash after throw she doesn't need the ledge potential of a heavys she's ment to be a plain assassin not hybrid but she acts more like one my only other issue is the forward dodge attack I've noticed the indicators don't always show still reactable but not its strange the guard indicator only shows after I've hit someone with it feels scrubby to play her

wildcats rage is bugged at the moment. it's stamina consumption frame doesn't match up with the animation or attack indicator. I gave a video showing this to a mod here and they supposedly sent it directly to the devs. so hopefully it's going to be fixed soon.

Alustar.
12-21-2017, 06:21 AM
Th self healing is barely noticeable, even in 4s, of a group of people are having trouble with one line shaman, then they are likely attack spamming and not coordinating properly.
It feels like the common core is that players see she can heal conditionally and assume she can maintain survivability off of a bleed and attack spam.
Currently if I want to be most effective against a group solo, I run my peacekeeper. PK attack speed, zoning ability and damage values make it easier currently for me to handle larger groups.

OneTrueAlca
12-21-2017, 07:29 AM
They need to buff the old cast to be on her standards. She has literally everything.

Nerfing her nonstop will not change the issues

Alustar.
12-21-2017, 07:34 AM
They need to buff the old cast to be on her standards. She has literally everything.

Nerfing her nonstop will not change the issues

They are in the process of bringing the original roster up to par with the dlc cast. The problem there is convincing the player base that nerfing anything now will solve nothing since its likely to get rolled back when other changes go live.