PDA

View Full Version : Frost Wind Festival

Tundra 793
12-18-2017, 11:42 PM
The trailer for the second For Honor seasonal event is here;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdyD3afxyxc

Looks very cool. (3 pages before someone noticed my pun. I'm disappointed in all of you.)

We got all the juicy details in today's Den, including trailers, rewards showcases, bundle plans and dates. I do encourage everyone to go read Candle's recap, it'll probably stay pinned until January.
There's also a full FAQ for the Frost Wind Festival here; https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1812440-Frost-Wind-Festival-FAQ

For fun, and Archo's convinience, I'll post the story thread we get with the new Community Order's here as well, hopefully shining some light on this event, and the story behind it.

The Battle of the Twelve Days

Day I - "It started on a frigid winter's morn"

Day II - "“Fifty knights to their master sworn” "

Day III - "Marched with icy armor keeping time"

Day IV - "Down a treacherous valley towards Valkenheim"

Day V - "Unbeknownst to them the Samurai had similar thoughts"

Day VI - "For the bitter cold had emptied all their pots"

Day VII - "Food was scarce and the hunger was setting in"

Day VIII - "This battle each Faction needed desperately to win"

Day IX - "Twelve days of bloody battle saw warriors cut down"

Day X - "over the food they thought was in this Viking town"

Day XI - "On the twelfth day only one warrior stood"

Day XII - "Only to find that there had been no food"

Thus concludes the tale of the Battle of the Twelve Days.

Vakris_One
12-18-2017, 11:44 PM
Looks cool. That frost Dragon mask is badass.

bob333e
12-18-2017, 11:47 PM
It is. Though if they are 20,000 Steel outfits, I'll be a sore loser this event. I don't have 20,000 spare Steel. Already have a list of emotes, effects, and executions.... and two Mythic outfits...

Vakris_One
12-18-2017, 11:48 PM
It is. Though if they are 20,000 Steel outfits, I'll be a sore loser this event. I don't have 20,000 spare Steel. Already have a list of emotes, effects, and executions.... and two Mythic outfits...
They'll probably be priced like the Halloween masks: 15,000 steel during the event and 20,000 steel after the event.

Tundra 793
12-18-2017, 11:49 PM

If the new Ice Masks follow the same model as the Halloween Masks, they'll be 15,000 Steel during the event, and 20,000 after. So you might be able to save 5000 Steel. Remember we have some bonus Steel incoming from the Dedicated Server tests.

bob333e
12-18-2017, 11:50 PM
They'll probably be priced like the Halloween masks: 15,000 steel during the event and 20,000 steel after the event.

Well, yippy-kee-yay. It takes roughly 10-12 days to make 15,000 Steel, considering I play daily, with all orders.

Bah. :(

bob333e
12-18-2017, 11:51 PM
If the new Ice Masks follow the same model as the Halloween Masks, they'll be 15,000 Steel during the event, and 20,000 after. So you might be able to save 5000 Steel. Remember we have some bonus Steel incoming from the Dedicated Server tests.

Yup these will be used to buy two effects and one emote; exactly 15,000 Steel. I'll be starting from 1k-ish at the start of this event.

Devils-_-legacy
12-18-2017, 11:51 PM
Anone know if there's guna be a deal like last time tbf I might wait till the end to buy the stuff might save a bit

bob333e
12-18-2017, 11:54 PM
Yeah man I got no real choice. Already have a checklist to take care of. I think I'll be forced to get the mask at 20,000 by around February. Unless I spend $, which I've been holding back on, till this game becomes a lot more stable.

Tundra 793
12-18-2017, 11:54 PM
Anone know if there's guna be a deal like last time tbf I might wait till the end to buy the stuff might save a bit

The only confirmed details are new content (non specific as to what), a new temporary game mode and "glacial" music.

It's not unreasonable to assume there'd be a bundle eventually though, but keep in mind it's not confirmed.

Ackturi
12-19-2017, 12:05 AM
Stills of the masks from video.

https://i.imgur.com/5xy5bFT.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/oLndAeQ.png

https://i.imgur.com/cyIxqQP.png

Vakris_One
12-19-2017, 12:07 AM
Bah. :(
... Humbug? :p

bob333e
12-19-2017, 12:09 AM
Stills of the masks from video.

https://i.imgur.com/5xy5bFT.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/oLndAeQ.png

https://i.imgur.com/cyIxqQP.png

Much obliged.

The Samurai one still rocks the best. I'm not too sure about the Knight one. I'll see if it's worth poppin' extra Steel on it.

As for Samurais, the demon mask (from the Halloween outfit) still looks best on the Shugoki. I think to make Shugoki my secondary, because the more I try using Highlander, the harder I fail. And Shugoki can look like a real demon.

bob333e
12-19-2017, 12:14 AM
... Humbug? :p

We understand each other perfectly. (¬‿¬)

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/072011/reverse-1310646593_satr_trek__head_tennis.gif

UbiInsulin
12-19-2017, 12:21 AM
Stickied! Thanks Tundra. :cool:

Tundra 793
12-19-2017, 12:23 AM

No problem, I'll update the OP if/when more information becomes available. Hopefully we'll get some new lore tidbits Archo can delve into.

bob333e
12-19-2017, 12:25 AM

Thanks for keeping it up top!

No problem, I'll update the OP if/when more information becomes available. Hopefully we'll get some new lore tidbits Archo can delve into.

Ay, would love some new lore speculation from him. Guy's damn good at that; his posts and threads are among the best I've stumbled upon in this forum.

CandleInTheDark
12-19-2017, 12:40 AM
Ooh that trailer is too sweet, Apollyon is still influencing things from the grave it seems lol. Thanks Tundra.

Did anyone notice the ice brawl map? That's how it got into custom lol

Archo-Vax
12-19-2017, 03:10 AM
The trailer for the second For Honor seasonal event is here;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdyD3afxyxc

Looks very cool.

... who's the speaker, though?

nufrancis
12-19-2017, 05:34 AM
Personally, Im not quite fond with the idea of "additional mask"

Its just weird having double mask, except for Higlander and Shaman.

I think its better to make special armour and weapon set for each event and can be bought with steel.

And I would like that the idea also applied to other armour/weapon set. Its just frustating wasting your steel for unwanted set.

phunkyprodigy
12-19-2017, 05:54 AM
I'm interested to know more about the winter gears - are the outfits and weapons stats gonna be based on your character(s) Prestige levels?

phunkyprodigy
12-19-2017, 06:04 AM
Edit: Sorry, I meant to say stats/tier.

Tundra 793
12-19-2017, 06:13 AM
Personally, Im not quite fond with the idea of "additional mask"

Its just weird having double mask, except for Higlander and Shaman.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "double mask". If the new Masks work like the Halloween event ones, we're just talking about 3 new faction specific Mythic Outfits. What's wrong with that?
They did make a whole separate "Masks" tab for the customization menu, it'd feel silly if they only ever made 1 Mask outfit to go in there.

I'm interested to know more about the winter gears - are the outfits and weapons stats gonna be based on your character(s) Prestige levels?

I would imagine, like during the Halloween event, all rewards are entirely cosmetic.

phunkyprodigy
12-19-2017, 06:57 AM
I would imagine, like during the Halloween event, all rewards are entirely cosmetic.

I'm hoping that's the case too. I think it'd be nice if we can apply the winter armours and weapons skins to any gear regardless of tiers.

PDXGorechild
12-19-2017, 09:32 AM
Hahaha cool I get it.

Armosias
12-19-2017, 01:36 PM
I feel like I'm gonna play FH this week.. Those looks absolutely gorgeous

mrmistark
12-19-2017, 04:45 PM
Very nice masks. Better than the holloween ones. No offense, but the voice over is kind lame though. Sorry to be the hater

bmason1000
12-19-2017, 08:15 PM
Yeah man I got no real choice. Already have a checklist to take care of. I think I'll be forced to get the mask at 20,000 by around February. Unless I spend $, which I've been holding back on, till this game becomes a lot more stable. maybe buy the event stuff instead because it's limited time limited price, while the outfits emotes executions you want will always be there.

bmason1000
12-19-2017, 08:16 PM
Very nice masks. Better than the holloween ones. No offense, but the voice over is kind lame though. Sorry to be the hater Nah, I'm with you.

Devils-_-legacy
12-20-2017, 04:19 PM
What time tomorrow

Tundra 793
12-20-2017, 04:22 PM
What time tomorrow

I'd guess they'll roll it out when the Warrior's Den starts tomorrow, so whatever your local time is for that.

Devils-_-legacy
12-20-2017, 04:25 PM
Okay thank you i forgot it was even warrior den tomoz. Last question does this event add armour ik it adds weapons emote and mask

Tundra 793
12-20-2017, 04:27 PM
Most likely not. Like the Halloween event, we'll probably be getting 1 new Mask Outfit per faction, possible emotes and/or effects, but not much more than that.

Nothing's confirmed though, I'm just assuming we'll get the same type, and amount of content we did for with the Halloween stuff.

Devils-_-legacy
12-20-2017, 04:29 PM
I just read a article were there's ment to be a new weapon per hero for this event I hope thats real lol

Devils-_-legacy
12-20-2017, 04:31 PM
The new event will not only bring with it a blast of cold air to the game, but brand new winter-themed rewards for players to get. Players can snag some new battle outfits, new weapons, mood effects, emotes, and more by playing any game mode during the event. For a limited time, Ubisoft has announced players will be able to access a new mask outfit, which will be unique per faction, for a discounted price of 15,000 steel per Hero. A bundle featuring winter-themed items, which will change based on previously owned items, will also be available for the various Heroes starting on December 28.

Tundra 793
12-20-2017, 04:33 PM
Would you mind sharing the article? Sounds like it'll be roughly the same type of content, but some of the wording piques my interest.

Devils-_-legacy
12-20-2017, 04:34 PM
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/12/18/for-honor-frost-wind-festival-kicks-off-this-week/amp/&ved=0ahUKEwiHj7yT9JjYAhXlKcAKHSmaCGYQqUMIOjAF&usg=AOvVaw0ootv-KqogBw0dJkvDGaKn&ampcf=1

Devils-_-legacy
12-20-2017, 04:35 PM
It's playstion lifestyle I felt the same just wanted to make sure the article wasn't pulling my chain

Tundra 793
12-20-2017, 04:36 PM
Thank you, appreciate it.

It actually sounds and looks, completely authentic. The only surprise though is the "new weapons", looking forward to seeing what those might be.

But I'll go ahead and update the OP with the info.

Devils-_-legacy
12-20-2017, 04:38 PM
I thought the same as soon as I seen new weapons I had to see if anyone else had heard this glad there's a bundle on the 28th as well

Killemjauro
12-20-2017, 10:53 PM
Please don't be candy cane weapons, I swear I might march to Ubisofts door and tar and feather them.

CandleInTheDark
12-21-2017, 01:42 AM
Please don't be candy cane weapons, I swear I might march to Ubisofts door and tar and feather them.

...that stirs a memory. I remember a few months ago people talking about christmas weapons,people wanted the peacekeeper to have two pointed candy canes and the shugoki to have a christmas tree among other things and the reps passed that on.

So if this happens, it is kind of the community's fault >.>

Ianoneshot
12-21-2017, 02:58 AM
I wonder what REP you need to be in order to get the exclusive weapons.

bob333e
12-21-2017, 03:05 AM
I wonder what REP you need to be in order to get the exclusive weapons.

I'm wondering if there are any, but if there are, it's probably Legendary Tier (rep7+)

I thought it was outfits, masks, and effects for emotes/executions/idle, but we'll find out tomorrow if there are weapons too

phunkyprodigy
12-21-2017, 03:06 AM

I could be wrong but they didn't they showed a few of the weapons in the trailer? Near the beginning of the trailer, characters like the Valkyrie, Lawbringer, Nobushi and the Shinobi were wielding weapons with blue and silver decals on them.

Killemjauro
12-21-2017, 03:06 AM
I quite agree. But then I'd have to tar and feather the community.

phunkyprodigy
12-21-2017, 03:07 AM
Edit: Oops, it was supposed to be "quote" not "spoiler". lol

bob333e
12-21-2017, 03:08 AM
Wait, you're right. Pause at 0:15, you see the weapons.

They don't look like candy tho, thankfully :D

Ianoneshot
12-21-2017, 03:53 AM
They said "In holiday spirit, we will have new weapons"

GeneraISoIo
12-21-2017, 06:45 PM
Just watched the reveal of the masks and it is very clear Vikings did not get as much love this time around. The execution for the Mask outfit has very little actual effect that doesn't last very long. This is just from the reveal, so we will see what it looks like here soon, but it looked very underwhelming compared to the Knights awesome Mask outfit that included wings!!! Where the Vikings only get a "Ice Bison" skull pop up over the body that is very short compared to the werewolf effect from the last holiday event. This is my opinion but reinforces the theory that things like this need to be consistent among factions.

XJadeDragoonX
12-21-2017, 10:04 PM
I'm usually not one to complain but are we all gonna ignore how terrible that viking one is? It doesn't even cover the face. It has no detail. It looks like it's made out of snow the effect is minimal and short. And why bison? Pretty sure Vikings didn't even interact with bison. Why not a wolf? A bear? A raven? A boar? Literally anything else? That's really disappointing. Everything looks fantastic though so great work on that stuff.

VolatileKnight
12-22-2017, 02:50 AM
The "new" blade for the Wardens is the exact same as Aragon. At least with the hilt and crossguard you changed some things, but no the blade is exactly the same as the Aragon blade. Thanks for giving us a gift we already had Ubisoft. May as well just skipped the whole new weapon for Warden lmao.

Tundra 793
12-22-2017, 02:58 AM
Updated the OP with FAQ link, and the first bit of story from the Community Orders.

VolatileKnight
12-22-2017, 03:02 AM
So that's it then? Why is half the content unfinished or recycled?

Tundra 793
12-22-2017, 03:06 AM
So that's it then? Why is half the content unfinished or recycled?

You mentioned literally 1 sword being recycled. Is that half of all the content we got?

VolatileKnight
12-22-2017, 03:11 AM
You mentioned literally 1 sword being recycled. Is that half of all the content we got?

No, but it was my biggest beef. The hilt and crossguard are recycled Hell's Champion, but at least look somewhat different. Not every character got new weapons, and some of the ones that did are literally just "re-gifted" lmfao. The mask for the viking is bugged to all get out and isn't appealing at all. My point is, half of the content is miss and half of it is hit. Are there any plans to fix that? Or are we cool with only putting in effort for a couple characters at a time?

VolatileKnight
12-22-2017, 03:16 AM
And not to mention, even if it is "just literally 1 sword" that's still unfinished content. You expected us to pay our money in full to play the game, why are we not getting full content? Sure, go ahead and only make content for the most used characters. But at least finish the stuff you are putting out for them. It's somewhat of an insult to call S2 gear "new" and "exclusive."

Tundra 793
12-22-2017, 03:17 AM
No, but it was my biggest beef. The hilt and crossguard are recycled Hell's Champion, but at least look somewhat different. Not every character got new weapons, and some of the ones that did are literally just "re-gifted" lmfao. The mask for the viking is bugged to all get out and isn't appealing at all. My point is, half of the content is miss and half of it is hit. Are there any plans to fix that? Or are we cool with only putting in effort for a couple characters at a time?

Considering that the majority of the stuff we're getting is free, I'd say we're pretty cool with it. So lets all chill out.
The Vikings Mask Outfit is probably the biggest issue, and that might need a developer response since it actually costs a lot of Steel, and the other 2 factions got really awesome Masks.

And not to mention, even if it is "just literally 1 sword" that's still unfinished content.

Unless a developer says otherwise, even if it is recycled, it's still finished content.

You expected us to pay our money in full to play the game, why are we not getting full content?

The full content we are entitled to, per the fine print on those legal agreements we all clicked "Accept" on but never read, entitles us to the core For Honor experience, which we have gotten.
Until the Halloween event actually happened, we had no idea we'd be getting so much free stuff for holiday events. Feast of the Otherworld and Frost Wind Festival content is all just free bonus stuff.

Sure, go ahead and only make content for the most used characters. But at least finish the stuff you are putting out for them. It's somewhat of an insult to call S2 gear "new" and "exclusive."

Like I said, these events are bonus things for us. They probably don't always have the perfect time and resources to make it exactly as they want, but we were never entitled to any of it to begin with.

So lets get with the spirit of the season, and be thankful for all the free stuff we're getting.

VolatileKnight
12-22-2017, 03:22 AM
Lmfao well can I get steel packs with money I've already put into the game then? It being free doesn't really justify unfinished and recycled content considering the price tag. I appreciate the gesture, but if you ordered a pizza, and were promised two toppings but got one, would you not be disappointed? I would really like to know if the devs really are okay with putting out content like that.

Papattack_123
12-22-2017, 03:28 AM
Ubisoft please change the viking mask outfit, it is so bad and unfair

Tundra 793
12-22-2017, 03:38 AM
Lmfao well can I get steel packs with money I've already put into the game then? It being free doesn't really justify unfinished and recycled content considering the price tag.

Steel packs have always been optional. And it being free, and it being Christmas time, certainly offers the developers a bit of leeway with the free content they're not obligated to give us, in my opinion.
We all bought For Honor before this event was even announced. If it was worth the price tag before the free stuff, it most certainly is worth it after.

I appreciate the gesture, but if you ordered a pizza, and were promised two toppings but got one, would you not be disappointed? I would really like to know if the devs really are okay with putting out content like that.

Tasty metaphor.

But the thing is; We were never promised two toppings. Until mid October this year, we had no idea we would be getting free seasonal content. Seasonal events weren't even a thing.

We were only ever promised one topping, but now we've gotten three toppings total, and two of them were free. Why would anyone be disappointed by that?

VolatileKnight
12-22-2017, 03:38 AM
Considering that the majority of the stuff we're getting is free, I'd say we're pretty cool with it. So lets all chill out.
The Vikings Mask Outfit is probably the biggest issue, and that might need a developer response since it actually costs a lot of Steel, and the other 2 factions got really awesome Masks.

Unless a developer says otherwise, even if it is recycled, it's still finished content.

The full content we are entitled to, per the fine print on those legal agreements we all clicked "Accept" on but never read, entitles us to the core For Honor experience, which we have gotten.
Until the Halloween event actually happened, we had no idea we'd be getting so much free stuff for holiday events. Feast of the Otherworld and Frost Wind Festival content is all just free bonus stuff.

Like I said, these events are bonus things for us. They probably don't always have the perfect time and resources to make it exactly as they want, but we were never entitled to any of it to begin with.

So lets get with the spirit of the season, and be thankful for all the free stuff we're getting.

I remember a thread getting deleted because they were trying to boycott steel packs. Something the devs aren't entitled to, as per that fine print lmfao.

VolatileKnight
12-22-2017, 03:40 AM
Steel packs have always been optional. And it being free, and it being Christmas time, certainly offers the developers a bit of leeway with the free content they're not obligated to give us, in my opinion.
We all bought For Honor before this event was even announced. If it was worth the price tag before the free stuff, it most certainly is worth it after.

Tasty metaphor.

But the thing is; We were never promised two toppings. Until mid October this year, we had no idea we would be getting free seasonal content. Seasonal events weren't even a thing.

We were only ever promised one topping, but now we've gotten three toppings total, and two of them were free. Why would anyone be disappointed by that?

Because I wanted pepperoni and got sausage instead lmfao. But in all seriousness, I do understand where you're coming from, but this whole "event" is a major let down. They may as well have just put snow in every map and called it a day.

Tundra 793
12-22-2017, 03:45 AM
Because I wanted pepperoni and got sausage instead lmfao. But in all seriousness, I do understand where you're coming from, but this whole "event" is a major let down. They may as well have just put snow in every map and called it a day.

Dude, pepperoni and sausage is the same animal, that's a pretty good compromise. Obviously we all want the pepperoni, bacon, sausage, pepperoni and ham pizza, but hey, this pizza's free and it's sausage.
I can live perfectly happy with that.

I get why you're disappointed (I only main Vikings so I'm stuck with that lame *** mask outfit), but we could just as easily have gotten nothing at all this whole month. Instead we're actually getting a lot of cool content (good grief it's hard to avoid the ice puns), and all it costs is some time to play the game.

VolatileKnight
12-22-2017, 03:47 AM
I'd rather no content honestly. It it's not in full, just keep it. I'll go home and eat pizza pops, at least I know what to expect.

phunkyprodigy
12-22-2017, 09:58 AM
I'm not having much luck with the weapon drops. Just wish the drop rates were higher.

GeneraISoIo
12-22-2017, 03:10 PM
Anyone notice that the Vikings Blue Buffalo emote does not have the ice mask on while the execution is happening? The mask only pops up over the victim. I think if this is not an error the Vikings really got the least "cool" mask this event. The Samurai and the Knights are wicked awesome! Wings for the Knights, and a sweet dragon head the has yellow glowing eyes and mouth for the Samurai. Vikings get an Ice Mask that is mainly 2D other than the cool horns that extend out. I suggest they at least add the Ice Mask to the heroes face during executions. This would help a little but not a lot. Others thoughts on the Vikings Mask Mythic Outfit?

ArchDukeInstinct
12-23-2017, 07:24 AM
I sure do love all those new colors and effects going to characters I don't play or have any desire to play.

Vakris_One
12-23-2017, 06:27 PM
Request granted folks. Viking masks are going to be reworked:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7ljyfb/viking_mask_rework_confirmed_by_eric_pope/

MattDavies86
12-24-2017, 02:24 PM
Playing as my Centurion I don't seem to be getting any event drops for him? Only getting drops for other classes. Is that just bad luck or am I supposed to play as another class to get Centurion drops ??

zcubed
12-24-2017, 02:53 PM
Since your playing as Centurion, you'll get the standard drops for that class of course. The event drops are random (think the weapon is specific) I main Kensie and during the Feast of the Otherworld it was one of the last heroes to get everything. Shinobi seems to be favored on my end, both events first items dropped were his outfit. So yeah it seems like some bad luck. Sorry to hear, but I hope you still have fun and unlock your Cent stuff.

MattDavies86
12-24-2017, 07:37 PM
Since your playing as Centurion, you'll get the standard drops for that class of course. The event drops are random (think the weapon is specific) I main Kensie and during the Feast of the Otherworld it was one of the last heroes to get everything. Shinobi seems to be favored on my end, both events first items dropped were his outfit. So yeah it seems like some bad luck. Sorry to hear, but I hope you still have fun and unlock your Cent stuff.

Thanks mate . Seems bad luck haha I'll keep going since the event drops don't duplicate so I'll get them eventually!already have th3 full legendary sword max to lvl 30 :)

phunkyprodigy
12-25-2017, 06:55 PM
Wished the weapon drop rates were higher. I think I've gotten 20 pieces plus probably the same amount of duplicates after playing maybe around 150 matches.

Tundra 793
12-25-2017, 08:58 PM
Added the story lines from days 3-5. I had internet troubles yesterday, plus it was Christmas, so I missed Day 2s line, if anyone saved it/remembers it please let me know.

Tayllos
12-25-2017, 09:53 PM
Can we get a little more days for this event? There are so many connections issues, disconected from the matches and end game freezes that i barely managed to get those effects from the event :(

CandleInTheDark
12-25-2017, 10:43 PM
Added the story lines from days 3-5. I had internet troubles yesterday, plus it was Christmas, so I missed Day 2s line, if anyone saved it/remembers it please let me know.

I believe it was

Knights of an Ashfeld Lord

I am not certain on that outside it involved knights and the last word had to rhyme with morn, but it feels close, if a rep can confirm, even better.

Tundra 793
12-25-2017, 10:48 PM
I believe it was

Knights of an Ashfeld Lord

I am not certain on that outside it involved knights and the last word had to rhyme with morn, but it feels close, if a rep can confirm, even better.

Candle to the rescue, added the text and now the whole 5 days story lines are up.

xRocketfishx
12-26-2017, 09:32 PM
Day 2 text was

“Fifty knights to there master sworn”

CandleInTheDark
12-26-2017, 10:20 PM
Day 2 text was

Good man, outside their instead of there, that's the one. I knew knights, I was trying to figure out the rhyme.

Tundra 793
12-26-2017, 10:24 PM
Day 2 text was

Awesome, thanks for the correction.

Made the edit, but if anyone else notices I got one of the lines wrong, please let me know.

zcubed
12-31-2017, 09:42 AM
Why is the bundle, after looting, so expensive for this event? The Feast of the Otherworld bundle was a little under 10000 after looting all, this event the bundle is 22500 after looting all.
The Feast I was able to buy the bundle for 15 heroes for a little over 140000 steel, this event I could only get 6 for that amount. I'm feeling cheated. Annoyed that for just a mask outfit and emote (same as last event) it costs over double the amount.

Tundra 793
12-31-2017, 10:02 AM
Why is the bundle, after looting, so expensive for this event? The Feast of the Otherworld bundle was a little under 10000 after looting all, this event the bundle is 22500 after looting all.
The Feast I was able to buy the bundle for 15 heroes for a little over 140000 steel, this event I could only get 6 for that amount. I'm feeling cheated. Annoyed that for just a mask outfit and emote (same as last event) it costs over double the amount.

The Frost Wind bundle has around 3-4 more color schemes for each character than the Otherworld bundle did, might explain the discrepancy.

zcubed
12-31-2017, 11:26 AM
After you pick up all loot, you're left with just the mask outfit and emote. (which can't be looted) same as last event. Why are the same items over twice as much this time around? That's what makes me feel cheated.

Tundra 793
12-31-2017, 01:31 PM
After you pick up all loot, you're left with just the mask outfit and emote. (which can't be looted) same as last event. Why are the same items over twice as much this time around? That's what makes me feel cheated.

Did some research, apparently the bundle prices were bugged during the Halloween event. I can only assume the prices for the Frost Wind bundles are more accurate this time around.
There's much more information on the For Honor Reddit if you don't mind reading through a lot of threads.

zcubed
01-01-2018, 07:36 AM
Well shoot, thanks for the info.

Tundra 793
01-01-2018, 10:22 PM
Happy to help, sorry the answer wasn't what you were hoping for. At least you must have saved thousands of Steel on the Halloween bundles.

All 12 parts of the Battle of the Twelve Days story is now up, with added italics for dramatic effect.

bob333e
01-02-2018, 04:06 AM
All 12 parts of the Battle of the Twelve Days story is now up, with added italics for dramatic effect.

Much obliged, comrade.

Now that I think of the entire message, it's a sort of a poem, well, rather lazily thrown together, without much relevance... or if anything, maybe, just maybe, it tells the state of things post-game, after Apollyon's death, those 50 knights having as leader the 'New Lord Warden' from the Story Mode, and Valkenheim was already in shambles thanks to Apollyon's campaign, hence why no food; and the Samurai had dwindled resources because of the Viking raids. This might explain it.

Thanks much again for putting it all together for the rest of us; and I'd happily discuss this with ArchoVax when he sees it.

boss83419
01-03-2018, 01:33 AM
I know its not really not related to frostwind but does anyone know anything about year 2?

bob333e
01-03-2018, 10:25 PM
I know its not really not related to frostwind but does anyone know anything about year 2?

So far, speculations are:

- Dedicated servers
- Character reworks
- Fixing of various technical issues
- Reworking the Frost Wind Viking Mask
- Rebalancing Shaman again

And hopefully more things, if the devs do listen to community feedback on the overall betterment and improvement of this game. But, short of character reworks and the Viking Mask, nothing has been officially confirmed.

boss83419
01-04-2018, 02:26 AM
no new heroes or factions or anything?

Smuggler007
01-04-2018, 06:24 PM
It was fun! I think the Snowball effect is priced too high however at 10k Steel. Its really worth 7k since its temporary. If they made it permanent, then 10k would be fine. Now to spend from my 75k steel...

Vakris_One
01-04-2018, 09:39 PM
It was an alright event. I liked the Halloween event much more though. The presentation was better and very iconic, the music for the Halloween event was just fantastic! The skeleton minions were also much cooler and it felt like more thought had been put into them. The ice minions only really had a different skin on them with no additional voice work done for them which made them feel kind of out of place. And the Otherworld Dominion mode with tougher minions was a much better designed mode than the ledge cheese fest on a timer mode. I thought the Frost Wind mode was very lackluster and not very fun to play.

On the pro side, the Samurai and Knight Frost Wind masks were really cool. Hopefully the Vikings get a worthy one eventually.

Tundra 793
01-05-2018, 05:19 AM
The Halloween event was probably a bit more on point.

Frost Wind was pretty fun nonetheless, but there's certainly room for improvement.

I'd like to see snow/blizzard effects added to all the maps in all game modes, 'tis winter after all. The ice Brawl map could do with some work, like make the ice patches smaller so you have more room to navigate, or try to cut your enemy off.
It'd also be a fun concept to explore for future maps, that it changes throughout a round.

Hopefully we'll get another Frost Wind festival next Christmas with a ton of new stuff and improvements made.

GeneraISoIo
01-05-2018, 06:13 PM
It was an alright event. I liked the Halloween event much more though. The presentation was better and very iconic, the music for the Halloween event was just fantastic! The skeleton minions were also much cooler and it felt like more thought had been put into them. The ice minions only really had a different skin on them with no additional voice work done for them which made them feel kind of out of place. And the Otherworld Dominion mode with tougher minions was a much better designed mode than the ledge cheese fest on a timer mode. I thought the Frost Wind mode was very lackluster and not very fun to play.

On the pro side, the Samurai and Knight Frost Wind masks were really cool. Hopefully the Vikings get a worthy one eventually.

I agree, the Halloween event was better but not by much. They should have made all maps snowing all the time to make you feel like you were more a part of the event(could have made the halloween event all night maps). They should have made the event mode, ice brawlers, PvAi also and not just PvP. I don't play PvP due to lack of dedicated servers, so I did not play that mode at all. I probably still wouldn't have played it much anyway, cuz I'm not a duelist, and won't be until they balance everyone and there are no more freaking changes to gameplay and heroes. When I play PvP, it is 4v4 and this mode was not 4v4 so I would not have played due to only playing duelist, which I wont be until the game is more "polished". MAKE ALL MODES,EVEN EVENTS HAVE A PvAi OPTION!!!!!! I did like how they added the weapons to the event. I would like to see more of that at later events. Finally, they did a good job with the Mask Outfits for the Halloween event. They all had flames, the executions were consistent on where masks and effects appeared, and they all were different but not enough to call for a re-work. This event, not so much. The Knights were favored because they got wings and mask, Samurai got a mask on all the time(executions) and it was a cool mask with detail and multiple colors, while the viking mask barely resembles a buffalo that doesn't jive with Vikings, that doesnt appear on the hero during executions, no real detail in the mask, it only covers the face, while the other outfits cover full head. I just don't see how this got the green light after seeing the other mask outfits. Over all okay event, could have been better, but maybe next years event will heed these suggestions.

MisterArdor
01-06-2018, 02:26 AM
I agree with what most folks are saying about the event. The ability to get weapons actually had me using characters that I wouldn't normally use. A must if they continue that trend is increasing our inventory. I can't even keep all the Nobushi staffs because my inventory is too full. An increase to 90 or 100 would help. The Halloween event music was definitely a highlight and the added damage by the minions for the event was pretty cool addition and made you be less careless hacking away at Zone B!

Looking forward to what the For Honor team will bring in 2018! I don't mind getting my head handed to me as often as I do because the game is so much fun (when I'm not getting disconnected).

Gas_Bringer
01-07-2018, 10:13 PM
nice events, but unfortunately no one will participate cuz servers aren't working, oh sorry u don't have any servers don't you? i really love this game but it just seems like they are just trying to kill the last drop of playerbase they have. Nice ideas and everything but it has no point if the servers aren't working. It's like ye check out what you can't enjoy bcs servers are ****ed up :D

Tundra 793
01-07-2018, 11:27 PM
nice events, but unfortunately no one will participate cuz servers aren't working, oh sorry u don't have any servers don't you? i really love this game but it just seems like they are just trying to kill the last drop of playerbase they have. Nice ideas and everything but it has no point if the servers aren't working. It's like ye check out what you can't enjoy bcs servers are ****ed up :D

The event ended on the 4th dude. It ran without any issues as I recall.

The last day or two's server issues are very uncommon, and they affected a number of Ubisoft services and games, not just For Honor.

GeneraISoIo
01-08-2018, 03:19 PM
The event ended on the 4th dude. It ran without any issues as I recall.

The last day or two's server issues are very uncommon, and they affected a number of Ubisoft services and games, not just For Honor.

He is just talking about the known disconnect issues that haven't been fixed because dedicated servers are not implemented yet. Some people have better experiences with connecting than others, so there is no sure way to say it works because that might not be the case for him. With that said, we can all agree we need them dedicated servers as soon as possible so everyone can enjoy the events to their fullest.