PDA

View Full Version : still no aramusha improvements the 4th

SenBotsu893
12-18-2017, 07:18 PM
and here i thought that the patch notes meant he gets finally a heavy off a gb like EVERYONE ELSE.
but turns out it can still simply be blocked.

i have the sneaking suspicion that either the mods dont reley those kind of information to the devs or the devs dont intend on changing aramushas shortcomings.
yes there have been bug fixes for him but all those are animation related but the real issue with him are those gamebreaking problems wich have not been mentioned whatsoever.

to summarise again for the 4th time in those past 5 weeks :

- he can not land a heavy of a gb (its a measly 25 damage why does he not get that?)

- his light attack start up can be guard broken (why is this a thing? he is literally the only character in the game with this prolem)

- he can not throw someone into a wall if he and his opponent are standing parralel to it (since he doesnt get the heavy of a gb this is cruxial)

- blade blockade is useless if it renders him longer voulnerable than it actually protects him. the 500 ms recovery needs to go + top heavy should be guaranteed.

after that is done its time for a big buff.

is he a tank hybrid or not? then give him the appropriate ammount of hp.

if he is not supposed to be like a Lawbringer hybrid and more like a valk hybrid then fine no more hp but for crying out loud give him a proper dodge and a dodge attack.

ALL he has is a single chain to attack wich is very very sad and useless, so why not include his zone and running attack and make them chainstarters?
that would still not make up for the sheer ammount of lack in his kit but it be a start.

BTTrinity
12-18-2017, 08:08 PM
I play a lot of Ara, Rep 8.... So I should be pretty insightful as to what Aramusha needs....

Let me start off by saying, if theres ANY way to get assassins out of his infinite chain without reducing his light speed... That would be preferred, as most players outside of the assassin class has no trouble blocking him how he currently is.

So, if assassins get an easier escape then Ara needs an UB opener. Make it so he can use kick without Blade Blockade, but make it a "Light Forward Kick" meaning it doesnt send the enemy flying into ledges and wallsplats, but keeps the enemy within melee range to open them up to his combo mixups. (Everyone should have a quick UB opener like this, Warlord, Glad, Shaman, et cet)

Give him a heavy off GB

Rock Steady could use a small cool-down like the other T2 abilities, and it should not prevent CC moves like Shugo Hug and Lawbringer Pancake Flip from doing their jobs.

Now that I have the majority of the community's oncerns out of the way, were gonna move onto MY two biggest issues with Aramusha:

1. He can be guard broken, at any point out of LITERALLY EVERY ATTACK IN HIS MOVESET including his zone.

2. When the Aramusha and his opponent are parallel to eachother, facing eachother near a wall, Aramusha CANT throw to his left and right and will always throw behind him.

Those 2 things NEED to be fixed NEXT UPDATE, the fact that hes gone this long with almost no changes is ridiculous.

Vakris_One
12-18-2017, 08:22 PM
I can understand the devs wanting to wait until maybe the dedicated servers launch to see what the people who have problems with Musha will say. To be honest I think it's obvious to anyone who has played as him that he needs improvements but the devs tend to get drowned by the complaints from the loud minority.

But that aside I really am baffled at this point as to why the devs have neither fixed nor mentioned the two biggest bugs with Aramusha.
- He can be guardbroken at the startup of both his light attack and his zone. No other character has this negative therefore it must be a bug. If it is actually intended then the devs need to say so and give their reasons why please.

- When he is right next to a wall he will always through the opponent behind him no matter what direction you press.

These bugs should have been fixed by now. What's going on?

Herbstlicht
12-18-2017, 09:04 PM
Would love those improvements. But remember how long it took them to buff Highlander though he is leagues weaker? Ah right, he has not yet been buffed. Maybe at the end of year 2.

bob333e
12-18-2017, 09:09 PM
Instead of readjusting what's broken and imbalanced in this game, they're introducing a Christmas/New year event which ingests new outfits (for 20,000 Steel probably) and new executions and new emotes for 5,000 or 7,000 each. It's from Dec.21st to Jan.4th I think. I saw a trailer on Youtube. And there's an exclusive Brawl map for this event, after the event expires this map will be gone.

The dedicated servers' open test was explicitly made free for everyone to reboost sales, and with the upcoming seasonal event, effectively blind newcomers into Steel microtransactions. While unbeknownst to them, the actual servers are way off, like 2 months later.

So yeah, pretty much been busy preparing another cash-grab instead of fully focusing on rebalancing. And that's probably why the character reworks have been pushed farther back.

How coincidental, that the open test rewards Free Steel. Just as they launch a seasonal event where you'll inevitably spend that Steel. Pitiful move? or marketing tactic?

The dedicated servers won't be here till after the seasonal event, I believe. That's mid-January, if anything. And I'm starting to think they're already-existing servers which have been repurposed for For Honor, not newly built ones.

I don't think I'll stay on this game by March 2018.

I know I'm sounding negative. But I can't help it. This is starting to smell like a cash-grab game for Ubisoft.

Edit: the video I watched today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdyD3afxyxc

PanzerShrekonin
12-18-2017, 10:09 PM
Sure. They cna buff the Ama.... when the Conq, Kensei, highlander, Centurion, and all of the classes before Ama was released, gets buffed. :)

I mean, why focus on Ama who is high b to A tier when Conq and highlander are low B or C tier? xD

UbiInsulin
12-18-2017, 10:32 PM
i have the sneaking suspicion that either the mods dont reley those kind of information to the devs or the devs dont intend on changing aramushas shortcomings.
yes there have been bug fixes for him but all those are animation related but the real issue with him are those gamebreaking problems wich have not been mentioned whatsoever.
-

This is not the case (re: an unwillingness to report Aramusha shortcomings), and I'm sorry we've given you this impression. We have reported player concerns with Aramusha being gb'd out of lights to the team, and will continue to follow up on the issue as long as the community is expressing concern. :)

We've also reported the Aramusha "throw Near wall" issue. We could use a video of this bug to help the team investigate the problem.

Devils-_-legacy
12-18-2017, 11:23 PM
As much as I hate the cash grab from these events ik I'm going to buy the emote lol

bob333e
12-18-2017, 11:28 PM
As much as I hate the cash grab from these events ik I'm going to buy the emote lol

Same. I'll save up for something during this event. I need this additional content, to sustain my experience with the game until dedicated servers are fully working and many, if not most, of the technical issues have been dealt with, and this game re-railed on a solid, long-term path. Otherwise I might just drop it next year. It's running on the ledge right now for me. A bit more technical issues, or broken server launch, will make it or break it. I'll wait till further stability until I start throwing extra money on customization, and the long-planned 6month Champion Status.

Herbstlicht
12-18-2017, 11:32 PM
Hmm. Actually, I think I am fine with Ubi's speed. I mean it simply is no serious competitive game. Those get balanced in almost instants. For Honor isbjust a fun brawler that slowly does improve. Winter event, comsmetics. Well, only adding to the light fun.

Still, I hope that besides slow difficult balance adjustments, we might get our bug fixes and maybe some corrections in numbers (Highlander damage and stamina cost - say goodbye to 30 stamina for 10 damage, yay -thats just the most ridiculous example in game).

And hoping those reworks work. A versatile Conquerer, no longer a one block wonder.

Back to Aramusha though: don't think rebalancing is easy here here. Numbers only won't work. Actually, I think his numbers are ok already.

bob333e
12-18-2017, 11:39 PM
Oh I didn't infer any competitive meaning. I simply would like a stable, solid game where I rarely, if ever, get DC'ed or run into experience-breaking issues, no matter which hero I use. One thing to note that I completely avoided Ranked modes because of the connectivity issues, but that's not the major reason why I'm feeling sad for this game. Ranked mode can wait.

My major concerns are real balance issues, and the reworks, and then comes the design side. A lot of the S4 armors are repurposed stuff; I mean, it's cool we have more spikes, but this tends to get annoying if it happens 2-3 times. What's the incentive in investing in repurposed gear every time.

Another major concern would be, giving the players much more flexibility in how they can build their own, custom combat environments. Not to say the least, manual AI difficulty selection in PvAI, and rewarding the player accordingly should they choose to duel level 3 bots.

Then comes the much needed frequency of Double XP events, to help us in farming more levels for heroes because let's face it, 5-6 months to reach Rep40 on a single hero is simply way too slow and tedious. You get the best looking unlockables at Rep30+, and we all want those.

Then there's the Salvage problem. And how to reward players with better loot. And the Change Look that needs to be possible cross-tier.

Then of course, the implementation of a Siege mode. With dedicated maps.

These are what I originally meant. Doubt they'll be addressed anytime soon because these are actual, hard issues to deal with and require a ton more development. I know it sounds like asking for too much; but it really isn't.

BTTrinity
12-19-2017, 02:03 PM
Sure. They cna buff the Ama.... when the Conq, Kensei, highlander, Centurion, and all of the classes before Ama was released, gets buffed. :)

I mean, why focus on Ama who is high b to A tier when Conq and highlander are low B or C tier? xD

Yeah, cent doesnt need anywhere near a buff. still top tier af.

Armosias
12-19-2017, 05:02 PM
Instead of readjusting what's broken and imbalanced in this game, they're introducing a Christmas/New year event which ingests new outfits (for 20,000 Steel probably) and new executions and new emotes for 5,000 or 7,000 each. It's from Dec.21st to Jan.4th I think. I saw a trailer on Youtube. And there's an exclusive Brawl map for this event, after the event expires this map will be gone.

The dedicated servers' open test was explicitly made free for everyone to reboost sales, and with the upcoming seasonal event, effectively blind newcomers into Steel microtransactions. While unbeknownst to them, the actual servers are way off, like 2 months later.

So yeah, pretty much been busy preparing another cash-grab instead of fully focusing on rebalancing. And that's probably why the character reworks have been pushed farther back.

How coincidental, that the open test rewards Free Steel. Just as they launch a seasonal event where you'll inevitably spend that Steel. Pitiful move? or marketing tactic?

The dedicated servers won't be here till after the seasonal event, I believe. That's mid-January, if anything. And I'm starting to think they're already-existing servers which have been repurposed for For Honor, not newly built ones.

I don't think I'll stay on this game by March 2018.

I know I'm sounding negative. But I can't help it. This is starting to smell like a cash-grab game for Ubisoft.

Edit: the video I watched today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdyD3afxyxc

Just want to point out a few things:
1. Balance, debug and dev teams may not be the same persons.

2. Open test was public to bring new player yes. Yet as annouced each time you start the test serv you have the message stating that some contents may or may not be in the actual game.

3. Check back 1.

4. Everyone cries at the amount of steel we gain, and when you can get like 12k by testing stuff right before an Event you ain't happy? Do you realise that this steel earned on the test will be spent on the event, but toi won't buy it? Also the Event for annouced today, right after the end of servers test? Good marketing tactics indeed!

5. Maybe those servs was repurposed, maybe not, either case what's the difference? You still have some configuration to deal with, and that is just server side. The amount of work it represents in the game's core is certainly heavy, heavier than shugoki if I may.

Vakris_One
12-19-2017, 06:13 PM

2. Open test was public to bring new player yes. Yet as annouced each time you start the test serv you have the message stating that some contents may or may not be in the actual game.

3. Check back 1.

4. Everyone cries at the amount of steel we gain, and when you can get like 12k by testing stuff right before an Event you ain't happy? Do you realise that this steel earned on the test will be spent on the event, but toi won't buy it? Also the Event for annouced today, right after the end of servers test? Good marketing tactics indeed!

5. Maybe those servs was repurposed, maybe not, either case what's the difference? You still have some configuration to deal with, and that is just server side. The amount of work it represents in the game's core is certainly heavy, heavier than shugoki if I may.
Nothing is heavier than a Shugoki. Nothing!

Well, maybe two Shugoki...

PanzerShrekonin
12-19-2017, 09:23 PM
Yeah, cent doesnt need anywhere near a buff. still top tier af.

Yea um.... no.

He's B tier.

UbiJurassic
12-19-2017, 10:46 PM

I want to follow-up on this specific point and potentially provide a bit clarity. When it comes to server testing, it's important to try and stress test how they perform when a large number of players are connecting to and receiving data from these servers. If there are potential, underlying problems when the servers are experiencing a high amount of traffic, we want to know before we release the dedicated servers into the main game. That's why we provided incentives for current players to play the test over the main game and opened the test to players who do not own the game.

D3dicatedSrv3rz
12-20-2017, 03:56 AM
TLDR

pk does not get a heavy either

PanzerShrekonin
12-20-2017, 04:26 AM
TLDR

Neither does Highlander, and both PK and Ama are LEAGUES above him.

Vakris_One
12-20-2017, 04:43 AM
TLDR

I don't see your point I'm afraid. PK gets a triple stab bleed from GB that more than makes up for her lack of getting a heavy. Especially as a free combo starter of double stab, throw into wall splat into top dash heavy + bleed poke.

Other characters that don't get heavies from GB are also usually compensated for that in some way.
● Raider - gets a large stamina draining carry and throw. Effective at draining a big chunk of stamina, dazing the opponent if near a wall or ledging the opponent.
● Shugoki - gets an attack that launches the opppnent and can ledge them from a good distance. If near a wall then Shugo gets a free Demon's Embrace off of a wall splat.
● Highlander - has an offensive stance with unblockable heavies that can be played into after a parry, guard crush, regular attack or after a throw. Also has Celtic curse that gives him hyper armour that can be activated faster if you soft cancel the top dash heavy into a side heavy.

Aramusha gets nothing as compensation for his lack of a heavy from GB. His kit is pretty average and simplistic with the exception of blade blockade which still doesn't give him a reliably guarranteed heavy in most cases - very dependant on which character he performs it on.

BTTrinity
12-20-2017, 04:47 AM
Neither does Highlander, and both PK and Ama are LEAGUES above him.

No, Ara is not leagues above HL. They're around the same tier, Id venture to say HL is better (In 4v4's) because he has unblockables and a grab. They're both utter **** in duels, and mediocre in 4v4's but HL has more valuable moves in his kit that are actually wanted for group fights.

Also, Cent is fine, also has a far more valuable kit for both 1v1s and group fights considering he can take half of half the rosters health off a single parry on top of 400-500ms unblockable bashes.

PanzerShrekonin
12-20-2017, 05:13 AM
No, Ara is not leagues above HL. They're around the same tier, Id venture to say HL is better (In 4v4's) because he has unblockables and a grab. They're both utter **** in duels, and mediocre in 4v4's but HL has more valuable moves in his kit that are actually wanted for group fights.

Also, Cent is fine, also has a far more valuable kit for both 1v1s and group fights considering he can take half of half the rosters health off a single parry on top of 400-500ms unblockable bashes.

Im talking about Duels, not 4 v 4's where its just a train wreck of fighting.

HL has NOTHING to bring to the game. Ama has amazing feinting, lights and the free heavy off of a heavy?? ((Its a guard thing? idk))

Cent is fine just like Ama is fine. They are both crappy characters. They are both in B tier while HL is in C tier with Conq.

Now yes, you are right in 4 v 4, HL would be wanted more, but we're talking about duels where skill comes into play, not a train wreck.

LordRockinghamm
12-20-2017, 05:18 AM
Anyone complaining that the aramusha is underpowered or at a disadvantage in any way is a sad loser. This character is so far out of the realm of fair when fighting on console its appaling. Sorry you couldnt get your sad self esteem boost when your five second kill was interupted by a gb. Jesus christ.

Vakris_One
12-20-2017, 05:19 PM
Anyone complaining that the aramusha is underpowered or at a disadvantage in any way is a sad loser. This character is so far out of the realm of fair when fighting on console its appaling. Sorry you couldnt get your sad self esteem boost when your five second kill was interupted by a gb. Jesus christ.
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you salty butt hurt.

SenBotsu893
12-20-2017, 08:10 PM

this is where you are wrong. very very wrong. even on consoles the softfeint gets blocked AND parried. why? because its obvously telegraphed when the feint happens. if he could softfeint simply like shaman then it would be usefull but he has to go through a chain till he lands at his finisher to do the softfeint.

its even more useless in duel modes where no other influences are to throw the opponent off. the devs just didnt care to give him a kit and now we have this trainwreck that has a single attack chain and nothing else to use. great job.

BTTrinity
12-20-2017, 08:17 PM
Im talking about Duels, not 4 v 4's where its just a train wreck of fighting.

HL has NOTHING to bring to the game. Ama has amazing feinting, lights and the free heavy off of a heavy?? ((Its a guard thing? idk))

Cent is fine just like Ama is fine. They are both crappy characters. They are both in B tier while HL is in C tier with Conq.

Now yes, you are right in 4 v 4, HL would be wanted more, but we're talking about duels where skill comes into play, not a train wreck.

While I agree with almost everything you say here....

Ara has as much to offer as HL if not less, even in duels. Ara has a chain that cant be started if the player has a brain, has a full guard stance with no guaranteed follow ups unless you're near a ledge and wall (so only useful in 4v4's) on top of his full guard stance leaving you open for a free GB.

EDIT: Theres literally only 1 way Aramusha gets a free heavy, and thats for OOS punishes. So dont go OOS (Very easy to do while dueling Aramusha)

bob333e
12-20-2017, 08:52 PM
I want to follow-up on this specific point and potentially provide a bit clarity. When it comes to server testing, it's important to try and stress test how they perform when a large number of players are connecting to and receiving data from these servers. If there are potential, underlying problems when the servers are experiencing a high amount of traffic, we want to know before we release the dedicated servers into the main game. That's why we provided incentives for current players to play the test over the main game and opened the test to players who do not own the game.

Thanks for your response. I know I've sounded negative in my message. Sometimes I can't help but feel the passive leniency of the development team in their effort at improving this game; they just take way too much time, and keep throwing in new content. I get it, it's nice to have seasonal events, however for me, the bigger priority lies in balancing out what's already in there, instead of adding more stuff.
I know server implementation is a huge task; the 10-month wait definitely isn't excusable though. I mean, they could have had several tests by now. I do appreciate the Open Test, it was awesome to experience it. Just... why 10 months? and then 3 more months to finally launch the servers? I'll never understand why that much time, is all.

I'd like to point out: I have nothing against the development team. On the contrary, I really appreciate how they're improving the game and nurturing it bit by bit. My only gripe is the slowness at which things get fixed. Which ticked a nerve when I saw that seasonal event trailer. I apologise about that.
I also have nothing against the moderators and representatives of this forum. You guys are awesome people doing what you can do to offer feedback and updates to the playerbase; that's as much as we can ask for, even if news aren't always ready for sharing with the public.

Thanks again.

I'm sorry but, did you read my other messages in here?

That's the only thing you wrote which I'll gladly accept as a fact. You're right, they might very well be different teams. This could be why things move slowly. We don't know what they're dealing with.
Pretty much everything else you wrote was you completely missing the point. I really loved the Open Test, and the community rewards.

PanzerShrekonin
12-21-2017, 01:19 AM
While I agree with almost everything you say here....

Ara has as much to offer as HL if not less, even in duels. Ara has a chain that cant be started if the player has a brain, has a full guard stance with no guaranteed follow ups unless you're near a ledge and wall (so only useful in 4v4's) on top of his full guard stance leaving you open for a free GB.

EDIT: Theres literally only 1 way Aramusha gets a free heavy, and thats for OOS punishes. So dont go OOS (Very easy to do while dueling Aramusha)

Oh dont worry. I agree, but I think Ama is much better than a Highlander who is so telegraphed and slow that hes so easy to parry. Ama at least has those really fast lights... or are they heavies? not to mention that guard stance thing where if you block a heavy, you get a heavy?

I dont play Ama so im not sure, but somedude got free heavies from blocking a heavy?

SenBotsu893
12-21-2017, 01:45 AM
Oh dont worry. I agree, but I think Ama is much better than a Highlander who is so telegraphed and slow that hes so easy to parry. Ama at least has those really fast lights... or are they heavies? not to mention that guard stance thing where if you block a heavy, you get a heavy?

I dont play Ama so im not sure, but somedude got free heavies from blocking a heavy?

if you mean his full block then you are very missinformed. its the worst version of fullblock in the game since it lasts for only 400 ms and ends in a 500 ms recovery animation AND is suceptable to gb the whole time. so basically it renders him longer voulnerable than it actually protects him.
also it does not give a heavy on all fighters/attacks/attack directions. the only thing you get guaranteed IF you block with it is a 10 damage light. (warlord and gladiator are laughing in the backgraund since they can sneak in 10 damage whenever they want with less risk involved)

PanzerShrekonin
12-21-2017, 01:51 AM
if you mean his full block then you are very missinformed. its the worst version of fullblock in the game since it lasts for only 400 ms and ends in a 500 ms recovery animation AND is suceptable to gb the whole time. so basically it renders him longer voulnerable than it actually protects him.
also it does not give a heavy on all fighters/attacks/attack directions. the only thing you get guaranteed IF you block with it is a 10 damage light. (warlord and gladiator are laughing in the backgraund since they can sneak in 10 damage whenever they want with less risk involved)

Then we're talking bout something else. I fought a Ama that blocked every heavy and got a free one. So....

BTTrinity
12-21-2017, 02:48 AM

Literally all you gotta do to make sure Ara is useless.... Block, when you see a heavy finisher coming, roll. (or if your fast enough like PK you can spam your way out of his finisher feint mixup)

Then we're talking bout something else. I fought a Ama that blocked every heavy and got a free one. So....

The only way Ara gets free heavy attacks is by parrying lights and immediately following up with a heavy in the same direction, or OOS Knockdown(s)

Lastly, earlier today I fought a Lawbringer who zoned me and guardbroke me through EVERY SINGLE one of my attacks. I felt so powerless :(

PanzerShrekonin
12-21-2017, 02:59 AM
Literally all you gotta do to make sure Ara is useless.... Block, when you see a heavy finisher coming, roll. (or if your fast enough like PK you can spam your way out of his finisher feint mixup)

The only way Ara gets free heavy attacks is by parrying lights and immediately following up with a heavy in the same direction, or OOS Knockdown(s)

Lastly, earlier today I fought a Lawbringer who zoned me and guardbroke me through EVERY SINGLE one of my attacks. I felt so powerless :(

Maybe it was a parry attack.... but then he has a weird parry animation. Again, I dunno.

bob333e
12-21-2017, 03:01 AM
Maybe it was a parry attack.... but then he has a weird parry animation. Again, I dunno.

Nah it's an actual issue with Aramusha. You can GB him out of almost all of his attack animations during startup. Not everyone attempts this as many fear getting stuck in his top-light chain, but this issue is there. Kinda silly tbh. S4 hero, with such a basic bug/problem. Let's hope the devs notice it quick.

Vakris_One
12-21-2017, 03:13 AM
Could it have been his Fury Unleashed move after Blade Blockade perhaps? Did he bat your weapon away by crossing both his swords together and slashing upwards to make your character flinch?

https://youtu.be/kUiY-TX6zIY

^ For visual clarification at the 8 minute mark in this video is what Fury Unleashed looks like.

bob333e
12-21-2017, 03:17 AM
Wait ah... was he talking about Ara's Blockade-into-counterattack? I misunderstood. Thought he meant GB on Ara.

Edit: very nice vid btw. I'm saving it, thanks for sharing that. Would come in useful if I ever want to practice another character against Aramusha.

PanzerShrekonin
12-21-2017, 03:52 AM
It might have been. I dont play Ama so I have no idea.

but I remembered it from all sides... but Mi ght be wrong! :D

RoosterIlluzion
12-21-2017, 07:42 AM
and here i thought that the patch notes meant he gets finally a heavy off a gb like EVERYONE ELSE.
but turns out it can still simply be blocked.

to summarise again for the 4th time in those past 5 weeks :

- he can not land a heavy of a gb (its a measly 25 damage why does he not get that?)

- his light attack start up can be guard broken (why is this a thing? he is literally the only character in the game with this prolem)

- he can not throw someone into a wall if he and his opponent are standing parralel to it (since he doesnt get the heavy of a gb this is cruxial)

- blade blockade is useless if it renders him longer voulnerable than it actually protects him. the 500 ms recovery needs to go + top heavy should be guaranteed.

after that is done its time for a big buff.

is he a tank hybrid or not? then give him the appropriate ammount of hp.

if he is not supposed to be like a Lawbringer hybrid and more like a valk hybrid then fine no more hp but for crying out loud give him a proper dodge and a dodge attack.

ALL he has is a single chain to attack wich is very very sad and useless, so why not include his zone and running attack and make them chainstarters?
that would still not make up for the sheer ammount of lack in his kit but it be a start.

I agree with most of this, but...

He probably doesn't have a heavy off GB because you can just do his light / feint combo, and his running attack can be chained into his combo.

I feel like his HP are fine, but he does need one thing:

A dodge like Orochi. Give Aramusha a perfect block (whatever it's called) that let's him dodge & parry, giving two options for attack after.

SenBotsu893
12-21-2017, 04:39 PM
I agree with most of this, but...

He probably doesn't have a heavy off GB because you can just do his light / feint combo, and his running attack can be chained into his combo.

I feel like his HP are fine, but he does need one thing:

A dodge like Orochi. Give Aramusha a perfect block (whatever it's called) that let's him dodge & parry, giving two options for attack after.

yes if he gets the same dodge movement and dodge attacks like regular assasins then i am fine wiht his hp. but you know how long its taking for the additional kensei moves so giving him more hp to be like a lawbringer tank hybrid type is the more simple solution.

oh and his running attack is NOT a chain starter becasue... yeah. shamans running attack on the other hand is a chain starter because why not.

not sure how you mean heavy off gb into soft-feint. the heavy of a gb is his starting heavy therefore he CANT softfeint it.
if you mean that if he goes -> heavy of gb and then streight into soft-feint mixup would be to strong then again why can shaman do it? heavy of gb -> streight into unblockable mix up.