PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on Pirate Week event. Yes, please keep events like this. This is good.

PoliteGamer1
12-16-2017, 04:45 AM
Some feedback on the current Pirate Week event. Please devs, keep it this way set up for future events as it feels more fair and reliable.

I previously posted a thread about the Super Hard PCness event and how unfair it was to rely on the hope of receiving some points / shades from loot lockers despite winning.
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1800760-Feedback-on-Super-Hard-PCness-event-please-no-more-relying-on-locker-prizes
Sadly the event after that, the Alien Queen Red event, was based on that same points system which felt tedious and unfair. Even how far the prizes were set apart felt discouraging that I had to spend more time than I wanted just to unlock them all. There was even no promise of receiving the required points needed for the event, even after winning a match, as the loot lockers were random, and with how many players were a higher level than you or were using hacks, it made it more annoying to acquire the points needed that you just wanted to give up.

With the Pirate Week event, it's set-up similar to the Water Bears and Hercules Clyde events which were more fair and reliable. You knew from the beginning of the match how many points you'd receive if won, 100%. On the plus side, the prizes I personally feel are spaced out fairly that as a casual player I spent a reasonable amount of time to unlock them all.

Please developers, keep this prize system for future events like this as it makes the game, being a freemium mobile game, more fair and doesn't entirely alienate casual players such as myself or make them feel punished for not spending money on in-game currency to fast-track the reward process, like some more notorious mobile titles like Avengers Academy.

ahmerali222
12-16-2017, 05:43 AM
Yup I totally agree. Prizes are worth getting (except for the Captain's hat - ugh) and at fair intervals. Keep this up please.

AlbertWFox
12-16-2017, 09:23 AM
I enjoyed Pirate Week immensely, and will continue to wear the captain's hat.

But why limit the reward levels to nine? If they were limitless with increasing difficulty, maybe players would buy in-game items around the clock.

shark.music
12-17-2017, 11:40 PM
Yeah, this event has been fun! I like the events with card requirements and clothing rewards.

oyuncuyum1
12-18-2017, 11:00 AM
You didn't mention the free full deckhand getup: both hat and costume. I'm using and enjoying it. 4 cosmetics on one event. Made me so happy.