PDA

View Full Version : How I think Aramusha should be CHANGED

bigboyburnell
12-15-2017, 05:23 PM
First of all I completely agree about the light spam (it isn't uncounterable though) and thiknk it needs to be slowed down a bit I also think its ridiculous how everyone is like Nerf!Nerf!Nerf!, realistically you tell me that if his light speed was removed he would be viable ; he'd be practically useless without it and it would ruin him. So I also think he should be bufed in the following areas:

Heavy after guardbreak because he can't parry punish reliably (a given).

His full block should be made more reliable.

His heavies should have a smaller parry window to make up for nerf to lights.

This is wishful thinking for what should be changed from this point forth:

More health (nor more than 5 bars) as hes dodge (moves) are pathetic*

Unblockable heavy off blade blockade should be spead up.

*You could give him a quicker dodge and make rushing wind alternate dodge to the side more so he can actually avoid attacks with it instead.

High-Horse
12-15-2017, 05:39 PM
If they just sped up his heavy from neutral, it would have a shorter parry window as well as confirming on a GB. Looking at Highlander, I wonder if they're intentionally moving away from GB>Heavy combo for some heroes.

How would you make Blockade more reliable, it's already pretty awesome after a ton of practice.

His dodge does kinda suck.

Are these changes factoring in a nerfed, slower light attack?

Herbstlicht
12-15-2017, 05:46 PM
Why slow his lights? 500 ms from neutral. 400 ms top in combo. Even on PS4 people already parry Aramusha lights. If anything, reduce the damage. Or increase stamina consumed the longer he is in the chain.

You might or might not believe me, but I am convinced he will soon be lower tier. His first light really IS easy to block because you can see where his guard is. Compared to shaman, Aramusha is only good against reflex guard heroes played by people that are slow on reactions. Whatever the reason, might be skill, might be the old TV with a lot of display lag.

And though I dislike his design philosophy, increasing his defensive strength would be utterly wrong. We have a few heroes that are only strong when defensive. The majority, me too, is convinced that this passive playstyle sucks.

If you want to change Aramusha, let him use his defensive moves without the need to trigger them first. Then see where he stands.
Without the stun from his defensive stance block, everything should be reactible.
Will he be op?
Well, maybe. But I think shaman and glad could still beat him.
And what are people saying? Make all heroes as strong as shaman. So why not?

Says the Highlander player.

bigboyburnell
12-15-2017, 06:12 PM
I meant to speed up its startup becuase some fast attacks, like nobushi bleed stabs and so on, can't be blocked by it you just have to take it if you attempt a full block which gets annoying. But alot of time you can do it against most lights so I can see why people would oppose it.

bigboyburnell
12-15-2017, 06:15 PM
The reason I saidslow down lights is because if I suggest the buffs without saying about a nerf to lights there would be a ****storm, which is stupid. Only my first two buff suggestions were what I would 100% want, the others were wishful thinking. Thanks for the feedback though.

Knight_Raime
12-15-2017, 06:26 PM
Typically the only kind of people who truly believe Aramusha needs a nerf are players who shouldn't really be given much thought to. His attacks from neutral are limited and predictable. Since he lacks a good way to really open someone at all he can't reliably get into his combos that people seem to struggle with to begin with. So really if Ara is constantly getting in his combo and staying in it it's an L2P issue. Since his light and heavies from neutral are slow enough to parry reliably.

Ara needs buffs. I've suggested them before but just to round out the post i'll mention them again:
~remove the ability to GB him out of his light.
~Fix his throw bugs.
~Blade blockade top heavy should be guaranteed versus heavy attacks and low recovery attacks
~Blade blockade light attack should receive a damage buff from 10 to 12-15.
~Blade blockade kick needs to be adjusted so it's guaranteed. Some heros can escape it even if you hit GB immediately.
~Blade blockade unblockable side heavy should be soft feintable into Guardbreak.
~Zone attack should be soft feintable into top light.
~GB should give a heavy.

High-Horse
12-15-2017, 06:39 PM
I think the activation on Blade Blockade is fine. Like Crushing Counter, it's meant for a good read, not reaction. That's what Parry is for.

Vakris_One
12-16-2017, 04:27 AM
Am I hallucinating or is this an actual, honest to goodness calm and rational thread discussing changes to the Aramusha? Dear lord, what alternate reality is this!? Is this the reality where we got hoverboards? *crosses fingers*

Vakris_One
12-16-2017, 04:55 AM
Well, on the off chance that I am not hallucinating this thread...

Typically the only kind of people who truly believe Aramusha needs a nerf are players who shouldn't really be given much thought to. His attacks from neutral are limited and predictable. Since he lacks a good way to really open someone at all he can't reliably get into his combos that people seem to struggle with to begin with. So really if Ara is constantly getting in his combo and staying in it it's an L2P issue. Since his light and heavies from neutral are slow enough to parry reliably.
Spot on

Ara needs buffs. I've suggested them before but just to round out the post i'll mention them again:
~remove the ability to GB him out of his light.
~Fix his throw bugs.
~Blade blockade top heavy should be guaranteed versus heavy attacks and low recovery attacks
~Blade blockade light attack should receive a damage buff from 10 to 12-15.
~Blade blockade kick needs to be adjusted so it's guaranteed. Some heros can escape it even if you hit GB immediately.
~Blade blockade unblockable side heavy should be soft feintable into Guardbreak.
~Zone attack should be soft feintable into top light.
~GB should give a heavy.
I agree with most of these suggestions. Blade blockade side unblockable really does need something in order for it to actually be a relevant move to make, right now it's mostly a pointless move since you can achieve the same unblockable feint to GB or light from cancelling the zone. Giving him a soft feintable zone might be too much as I feel that his zone has enough there to make it a decent mind game much like the Raider's zone cancel. I like that it extends his philosophy of side > top though and that makes it something you can learn to counter.

GB giving a heavy, at first I thought he should definitely get a heavy from GB since nothing in his kit gives you easy access to working in heavies like the Highlander and his offensive stance > kick/throw for example. But the more I've gotten used to playing Aramusha I'm finding that it plays into his soft feints and his general flow as a character because through his light he then chains ingo his soft cancel mixup. It sucks for trying to get executions but getting those executions in more creative ways such as wall splats and mind games with his cancellable dashes is rather satisfying.

Knight_Raime
12-16-2017, 06:07 AM
Well, on the off chance that I am not hallucinating this thread...

Spot on

I agree with most of these suggestions. Blade blockade side unblockable really does need something in order for it to actually be a relevant move to make, right now it's mostly a pointless move since you can achieve the same unblockable feint to GB or light from cancelling the zone. Giving him a soft feintable zone might be too much as I feel that his zone has enough there to make it a decent mind game much like the Raider's zone cancel. I like that it extends his philosophy of side > top though and that makes it something you can learn to counter.

GB giving a heavy, at first I thought he should definitely get a heavy from GB since nothing in his kit gives you easy access to working in heavies like the Highlander and his offensive stance > kick/throw for example. But the more I've gotten used to playing Aramusha I'm finding that it plays into his soft feints and his general flow as a character because through his light he then chains ingo his soft cancel mixup. It sucks for trying to get executions but getting those executions in more creative ways such as wall splats and mind games with his cancellable dashes is rather satisfying.

Currently the side unblockable is only guaranteed on low recovery attacks. of which only 3 heros I know have. It's my impression it was designed for team fights since it has armor. But it should also be relevant in duels in some way imo. Zone being soft feintable into top light would be after the first swing. So you'd come from aramusha's right to soft feinting into top light. It creates a mix up game like raiders but also being predictable like raiders. Curently the only thing you can do quick enough out of hard canceling is GB. Which given enough time will be counterable by most people.

getting a heavy would also play into it. Because you can heavy and same side heavy and deadly feint to else where. As is though it feels bad from a punishment standpoint. I'm of the opinion that he's a counter attacker/punisher. Not purely so like orochi but still. Ara doesn't have really any decent punishes at the moment. I don't see the harm in him getting a heavy from a GB especially compared to other classes.

bigboyburnell
12-18-2017, 07:48 PM
Personally I don't think his lights are too bad becuase 1. I'll only ever get around 2 lights off against my friend who I duel regularly (he plays shinobu) because he blocks. I find them more useful to keep his inf combo going by throwing in the rare light attack. And 2. I've found from personal experience as glad (I play him too) against enemy aras and just fighting against assassains as aramusha that assassains only get pummeled by his light if they're not paying attention. On a side note is it just me that's found that when you blade blockade, kick SOMETIMES your opponent gets kicked really far and they're out of the stun effect by the time I've got over to them?

Sekiro...
01-06-2018, 08:07 AM
Heavy after guardbreak because he can't parry punish reliably (a given).

I think it as on pourpose to force you to use his full block stance