PDA

View Full Version : Any Advice Against Aramusha?

WarVetRad17
12-13-2017, 10:27 PM
Good Evening,

During a match, as a Raider, I was able to parry a light attack from the Aramusha, however his recovery window is so quick, even my light attack was blocked. I then went into revenge mode and parried yet another light attack, the Aramusha didn't fall. I then managed a faint guard break, while still in revenge mode, threw him in a circle and he still did not fall???

So my 1st question is this, I know he has the Rock Steady feat, but does that mean not even revenge parries and throws do not work against him either, or is this a bug the developers are aware of for this character? I know the Shugoki has the same feat, but let's be honest, a bit easier to attack/counter all around.

Second, if for some reason this is not a bug, does anyone have any advice on how to fight against him if not even a parry will allow me an opportunity to apply damage while his rock steady feat is active?

Thanks in advance

Alustar.
12-14-2017, 12:36 AM
No it's not a big, that's working as intended, sadly. Any musha with rock steady will pretty much be outside the laws of normal combat when it concerns stamina management and aggressive play.
However I've find the easiest answer to a musha is to just attack. Don't wait for them to get into a combo. Most players running him right now are just trying to abuse the light spam while they can. Feint a heavy to bait it a full block then just pummel them.

JadeBosson.
12-14-2017, 02:11 AM
RUN!!! till he eventfully gets nerfed otherwise I got nothing

weak character gets nerfed
strong spam character should be nerfed to

Benji28613
12-14-2017, 08:54 AM
Play lawbringer and spam "block-shove-light" ez ;)

Spectre_198
12-14-2017, 09:13 AM
Aramushas w/o rocksteady- Parry and punish on heavies, or on lights if you're bold both carry about the same risk
Aramushas w rocksteady- Attack, use feints, guard break occasionally, zone occasionally, dodge out if they're using lights heavily and aramushas don't have a side dodging attack. Stunning attacks still add the blinding effect so utilize those as well. Overall best I can tell you is try to be as unpredictable as possible

Coming from an Aramusha main.

Playing_Mantis
12-14-2017, 10:41 AM
Yea, i don't even bother trying to parry him..or even block for that matter.. i just try to avoid the chain of everlasting doom buy dodging away and being the aggressor. but vs him its pretty damn hard with his turtle power all guard defense. Yea man..not sure what to do vs him. maybe run is the best, or try to get him in the back..

darkspawn2101
12-14-2017, 11:35 AM
Run.

Every Aramusha I've fought cant be blocked consistantly or parried period. he's overpowered and needs nerfed.

Wes8504
12-14-2017, 02:45 PM
Ubi - Full Block Stance was not intended to be a reactive tool to replace all other defense methods. The Full Block stance has been delayed from instantaneous activation to a 200ms delay after the input. Also, we've found light spam is a problem, so we are going to nerf it.

Also Ubi - Let's make a new hero with instant Full Block and light spam

Vakris_One
12-14-2017, 03:05 PM
Good Evening,

During a match, as a Raider, I was able to parry a light attack from the Aramusha, however his recovery window is so quick, even my light attack was blocked. I then went into revenge mode and parried yet another light attack, the Aramusha didn't fall. I then managed a faint guard break, while still in revenge mode, threw him in a circle and he still did not fall???

So my 1st question is this, I know he has the Rock Steady feat, but does that mean not even revenge parries and throws do not work against him either, or is this a bug the developers are aware of for this character? I know the Shugoki has the same feat, but let's be honest, a bit easier to attack/counter all around.

Second, if for some reason this is not a bug, does anyone have any advice on how to fight against him if not even a parry will allow me an opportunity to apply damage while his rock steady feat is active?

Thanks in advance
Not a bug. It is his rocksteady feat, which to be honest needs to be removed from the game as it bypasses the game's mechanics.

As for how to fight Musha outside of duel and Brawl:
- Block his attack and you will end his chain unless you're OOS.
- Use dodge strikes if you're playing a character that has them.
- Use parrying only when you can get him into OOS or keep him in OOS.
- Bait out his blade blockade with a feint and get a free GB for as long as he keeps falling for it - BB is very baitable and most often not worth the risk to a Musha when they could just parry you instead. A musha using BB on you means you're not using your feints.
- You can still parry him to burn off his stamina and make him back off, just know that if the match has been going on for a while he's probably got his rock steady feat and it will not be safe to follow up with an attack other than a super fast zone.

Spectre_198
12-14-2017, 08:19 PM
I rarely use the infinite chain because I hate the feel of it

Helnekromancer
12-14-2017, 08:32 PM
Idk play Nobushi and use Viper's Retreat so you can get out of his infinite combo? He doesn't have that much range and you create a good amount of space between the 2 of you.

Baturai
12-15-2017, 03:28 PM
Turtle an patience. soon or later he will try more, but stick with your blocking, dont try to parry for a while. Strike back like a Bee.