PDA

View Full Version : Developer Update: 13/12/2017 - Next Week's Patch Notes Revealed!

ThatDarnSteve
12-13-2017, 07:27 PM
Developer Update - 13/12/2017

Hey, everyone! Steve from RedLynx here. You may have noticed that over the last week the forums, and the unofficial Reddit and Discord were a little quiet. Unfortunately, I've been out with a cold, and it has been quite busy times for UbiDomZ and the rest of our team. Now that I'm all better, we have another brief developer update for you all!

THIS WEEK

TODAY we're proud to welcome a new member to our community team! ItsJustBuck will be hanging out here, answering questions, looking at your feedback, helping resolve issues, writing sweet guides, and other cool stuff! Here are a few words from the man himself:

"Hey, Phone Destroyer fans! My name is Buck, AKA ItsJustBuck, I'm the new Community Manager for South Park: Phone Destroyer at RedLynx. I'll be working with ThatDarnSteve and UbiDomZ to answer questions and pass your feedback to the development team. I have been a fan of South Park since I was a kid and working on this project is truly amazing! I look forward to getting to know you all a little better. If we meet on the battlefield, feel free to throw a fart emote my way!"

He loves fart emotes. Seriously. If you're up around rank 45, be sure to send him all the fart emotes you can. ����

TOMORROW, we'll be undergoing a period of server maintenance starting at 9 AM UTC (2 AM Eastern/11 PM Pacific). Servers will be down for a short period of time, so please be advised that playing around that time may mean you can't finish a match if server maintenance has begun mid match. It isn't expected to last long, however.

We will also be having another weekly stream tomorrow! We're bringing back a fan favorite guest, our Creative Director Justin! If you have questions for him about the development of the project, or the creative vision moving forward, be sure to tune in tomorrow. That'll be over on our Twitch channel, http://twitch.tv/southparkphonedestroyer

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/875860982937014272/FFXrxPK0_400x400.jpg (http://twitch.tv/SouthParkPhoneDestroyer)

THIS WEEKEND we will be starting a Pirate Week event! Players who beat the event will receive multiple copies of the brand new Buccaneer Bebe card GUARANTEED. Players who make it to the fourth prize pack should get her automatically! Buccaneer Bebe is a really awesome ranged unit. Keeping consistent with her schtick throughout themes, when Buccaneer Bebe kills a unit, she receives a buff. In this instance, it comes in the form of an increase to her damage. That means if you're out there slaying rats from behind a tank, Buccaneer Bebe is your first mate! She'll drop 'em quick and become all the more dangerous for it! Check out her badass card art below!

https://i.imgur.com/jCdZ2WA.png

��- BE ADVISED, THE CHANGES BELOW THIS LINE WILL BE RELEASED NEXT WEEK -��

NEXT WEEK ��️

Next week we will be rolling out a technical update. The date isn't set in stone yet, however, as there is still further testing to be done. We'll have more info for you as soon as possible. Regarding the contents of this, though, I got you covered! This technical update will include some bug fixes, balance changes and other modifications, and behind-the-scenes improvements to the technical infrastructure of the game.

Bug Fixes ����️

- Disconnection Kenny has been modified to be transparent. This will allow you to see what exactly is going on behind the scenes when this pops up, but be advised, it won't be pretty! We've decided to make this transparent so that you can still see the action going on behind the scenes, and potentially react to it better when your connection resumes full functionality. You may see some issues like rubber-banding, or odd unit movement, or strange unit interactions, but we feel this is better than the alternative of not being able to see anything at all, and thus not be able to respond to the situation if you resume connectivity.

Some players have speculated that this is caused by some form of cheat, but that doesn't appear to be the case, as this pop-up is governed by YOUR client. This is caused by your device experiencing some form of lapse of connection. This can happen in a number of circumstances - minute fluctuations in network connectivity (even on WiFi!) happen from time to time, and the result is a disconnection of this variety. This can happen when switching on or off of WiFi, when changing cell towers, when moving between coverage areas or providers, when a player is connecting via a VPN, or any number of possibilities. Other services are not typically affected by these minute fluctuations (such as streaming video, or music) because they buffer, whereas Phone Destroyer is totally real time. In the future, we will be looking into solutions to make this experience far more stable.

Additional bug fixes:

- An issue where card pack opening animations were not displayed correctly has been fixed

- Banned Players will now be removed from the leaderboards

- An issue where music did not play correctly has been fixed

- An issue with Marine Craig's upgrade stats not being shown has been fixed

- Dozens of other minor fixes and improvements have been made

Modifications ��

Some minor modifications have been made that should improve the player experience. Namely, they are:

- Offers will now have a scrolling UI so that players can cycle between available offers - no longer will you be blocked from purchasing one simply because a new offer was put up

- Card Donation Count will now be reset in the Teams UI weekly - many team leaders have expressed a desire for a way to determine whether players on their team are still active in-game; now, every Sunday starting THIS SUNDAY (technically before the full update) the amount of donated cards will be reset in the team UI. Your overall donation stats will still be available, however.

EDIT: Overall donation numbers are not yet available in-game, but they will be added to player stats soon! At present, only weekly donation stats are displayed.

- The amount of wins for The Great Playwall of China have now been reduced. Don King Butters will now require you to win the following amount of matches:

Level
Current Win Requirement
Updated Win Requirement

Level 5

Level 10

Level 20

Level 25

Level 35

Level 41

Level 55

Level 60

Balance Changes After Next Week's Update ⚖️

- ��️ PC Principal will now be locked until Rank 25's Arena - Tower of Peace

- �� Catapult Timmy
This engine of destruction has had his pestilence factor decreased - now, Catapult Timmy will only spawn 2 rats, rather than 3. Previously, Catapult Timmy had nearly the efficacy of spawning rats AND a powerful ranged unit. Now, he'll still pack a punch, but he should be more balanced at this point rather than overpowered.

- ✌️ Zen Cartman
This rotund little pacifist was having an issue where a bug and an out of control upgrade tech tree was causing his attract range to get insanely large. He's still a reliable damage sink, but now his range has been reduced. His range at all levels will now be 2.2. This appears to be the sweet spot, after extensive testing. Zen Cartman will still be a massively useful unit, but he now won't be overpowered as he levels up.

- �� Purify
Many high-level players have spoken out about "the little spell that could", and we felt they had a lot of validity to their points. Our one energy cost cards are designed to be flexible, yet situational - they should be there to augment decks with higher energy costs so that players can keep things versatile. However, with an area of effect that spanned the entire battlefield, this versatility became a bit overpowering. In order to make this a more skill-based card, the range has been reduced. The starting radius for Purify was decreased from 3 to 1.5, and each upgrade now provides .007 additional range. Using the cleansing light of Purify to its fullest will now require timing and positioning, not just a random flick of the wrist.¨

Regarding balance, we will continue to listen to player feedback, combine it with data, and work toward a more exciting, competitive experience. There will be more balance changes in the future to be sure, but we will let your thoughts and playstyles guide us to the promised land of The Balanced Gameplay Kingdom.

Leave your thoughts and feedback down below, and feel free to shoot us a message on Facebook (http://facebook.com/southparkphonedestroyer), drop us a tweet on Twitter (http://twitter.com/southparkphone), or build us a wall of text here on the forums! We'll use that feedback to help us make Phone Destroyer better. Until tomorrow's stream, I'll see you on the streets of South Park!

Love,
Steve�� (http://twitter.com/thatdarnsteve)

S4wert
12-13-2017, 08:10 PM
Not received the pack card. Lost my cash?

RuleDenis
12-13-2017, 09:19 PM
Really nice update, i like the smaller radius on purify the nerf for catapult timmy(im using him), but you should do the same thing with mecha timmy (lower his mind control range, it shouldnt be global). When someone can put this card right after i put my tank behind my NK, it forces me to drop a unit near midle just because he can turn my troop against me. and he can still w8 kill the unit then mind control.

Banquo911
12-13-2017, 10:02 PM
When you're having an easy time of someone they'll often stop playing after you take one of their health bars. Some babies do it after two. It's a lot more fun when you win with the other person playing cards right until they're knocked off, and I am sure to always do this.
A change to the win/lose mechanic might encourage people to play through to the end. differentiating between time out losses and outright losses was my thought - not losing a rank star (and not gaining one) for a time out loss/win would definitely incentivise playing through to the end.

Stizz001
12-13-2017, 10:28 PM
Please give is the ability to filter cards in the deck building room. Whether we want to see just one or two attributes like scifi and mystical, or if we only want to see all spells, or all fliers, or all ranged. This would help a ton when you are trying to find one card to add to your deck, or if you want to say compare cards to figure out which show attributes to use (ie compare scifi vs adventure). I know a lot of people have wanted this, and not only would it be a huge upgrade to the players, but it should not be too hard to create either.

Thanks and I hope to see this soon.

Stizz001

VWrath
12-13-2017, 10:51 PM
Legendaries are fun cards on paper. I have most of them (missing Stan of the Nine moons, Mecha Timmy and Medusa Bebe) and they all function differently and feel fun to use. The problem is that when you get to higher ranks, they become entirely impossible to use. It's impossible to keep a legendary at the same level as your common and rare cards. Heck, epics suffer from this a bit too but at least at level 3 they have access to enough upgrades to be usable in certain cases. However, even at level 2 (but often level 1) legendaries just don't have enough raw stats to be played. I'll see a few (I'm rank 50 atm) mecha timmys or others but they are very rare. I'm not saying at level 1 a legendary should be more powerful than a level 5 card but at the same time they are expected to be stronger than regular cards and right now they just aren't getting played. Everyone will play their Heidi, their zen cartman, their cupid wendys, catapult jimmys, etc. I barely ever see someone pull out a ninjew or event a gw cartman. I know that both gw cartman and mbp got nerfed earlier in the game's life but right now they sit unusable. It's a little dumb that a 3 cost zen cartman is objectively more useful in nearly all situations than a 6 cost legendary card for the same character. Same for Kenny. Inuit kenny is garbage. The effect is useless on offense because you're often killed by the lazer and at 4 cost you're better off with fantasy kenny or mystic kenny just because they cost less and do similar damage. Even cyber kenny has a better effect in a lot of cases for the same cost. It just sucks that I can never use my legendaries. There's no casual mode to just play for fun and whenever I try to build a team with them, they just get outclassed by level 4 and 5 cards that cost less and do more.

Just a thought. Thank you.

MNTwinsRock
12-13-2017, 11:40 PM
Is there a fix in the works for the bug of when trying to open the first PVP Pack, the connection error Kenny popping up and then freezing the whole game??? Been waiting weeks for this.

ahmerali222
12-14-2017, 12:58 AM
Cant agree enough about modifying Mecha Timmy's range, the rest of the nerfs are extremely welcome. Cat Timmy and Pirate Ship Timmy can't shoot unless an enemy is in range, why should Mecha Timmy be different? Makes Mecha Timmy way too powerful in a game that already has enough game-breakers.

jc322011
12-14-2017, 03:54 AM
Mecha Timmys range needs adjustment.

Fireballs radius reduced.

HHK needs checked, he literally hits Nathan every time, no matter how many cards played.

Heidi needs cost increased.

AdeptPopRocks
12-14-2017, 04:05 AM
[SIZE=3]- [B]🙏 Purify
Many high-level players have spoken out about "the little spell that could", and we felt they had a lot of validity to their points. However, with an area of effect that spanned the entire battlefield, this versatility became a bit overpowering. In order to make this a more skill-based card, the range has been reduced. The starting radius for Purify was decreased from 3 to 1.5, and each upgrade now provides .007 additional range. Using the cleansing light of Purify to its fullest will now require timing and positioning, not just a random flick of the wrist.¨

Well, I am rank 50 & I think if you nerf purify too hard, many other spells and abilities will be massively overpowered for play styles that don't spam negative effects at their opponents. For example, this will make my deck extremely vulnerable to Alien Queen Red, Poison Spell, any form of Global Speed Boost, Stan The Great or any other spell/ability that an opponent can cast on every one of my units... None of these things take any more skill than playing a purify card, yet they can render everyone of your units useless until they are dead...

CrispyLardon
12-14-2017, 04:38 AM
Please fix iPhone X support. It's really frustrating the way it is now.

Spadzy_89
12-14-2017, 04:50 AM
Will this update fix the issue a lot of people seem to be having with the buttons not doing anything when pressed? I missed out on getting PC principle because of it.

oyuncuyum1
12-14-2017, 08:13 AM
"The starting radius for Purify was decreased from 3 to 1.5, and each upgrade now provides .007 additional range. Using the cleansing light of Purify to its fullest will now require timing and positioning, not just a random flick of the wrist."

Mystical deck was overpowered in high elo. So you made 3 huge nerfs all on the same deck: Zen cartman nerf, purify nerf and regeneration nerf: they all target the same deck. I don't like this at all:

1- Changes for high elo effect everyone. This change was made only considering the needs of high elo players. Which is %1 and very very flexible. They have all the cards and have the option to flick to some other deck and play competitive. Do you know what happens when the meta shifts in low elo? You sit on your hands with your zen cartman and cry. Not only your effort but your klans effort to help you get your zen to level 2/3 has been for naught. Low elo can't respond to hard shifts. You can't target a deck and ruin it.

2- Only meaningful upgrades. Upgrades should be a thing to look forward to. I should be able to get a card and say: wow if I get this to level 6 it will spawn 6 indians or it will have 4 range. Make the starting range 0.75 if you must but have upgrades. 0.1 range or 0.007 range doesn't mean anything not after Pierce Brosnan it doesn't. Having something to look forward to is important make upgrades meaningful if not range add damage increase duration increase or add another effect. Let the game grow don't stub it in the bud.

3- Consider PvE. Regeneration cleanse and zen cartman are bread and butter of PvE. It doesn't matter in high elo but many many people are looking forward to cardman telling them they have a phone addiction after finishing level 60. The effects should be compensated in PvE somehow.

4- High elo changes don't last. The competitive players are scum. Once a few learns new overpowered stuff to abuse the others will copy it. In a flash their whole decks will be more or less the same again. Don't go for a wild goose chase. Don't make us suffer for a small percentage of players.

FreeGamesPlz
12-14-2017, 03:51 PM
Mecha Timmys range needs adjustment.

Fireballs radius reduced.

HHK needs checked, he literally hits Nathan every time, no matter how many cards played.

Heidi needs cost increased.

I disagree with some of that.

Fireball's radius is already not that big. It's effective to use when the enemy spams cards, and it has a reasonable cost too. With a reduced range, it'll be a waste of energy, while arrowstorm is global and costs less.

The only thing that makes Heidi worth playing is her energy cost. Why would she cost as much as Storyteller Jimmy, who reduces attacks? Or Program Stan, who freezes enemies? And many more. I mean, Heidi is smart and funny.. but still.

Also, I'm very happy about the nerfs! Good job, you guys.

jc322011
12-14-2017, 04:22 PM
I disagree with some of that.

Fireball's radius is already not that big. It's effective to use when the enemy spams cards, and it has a reasonable cost too. With a reduced range, it'll be a waste of energy, while arrowstorm is global and costs less.

The only thing that makes Heidi worth playing is her energy cost. Why would she cost as much as Storyteller Jimmy, who reduces attacks? Or Program Stan, who freezes enemies? And many more. I mean, Heidi is smart and funny.. but still.

Also, I'm very happy about the nerfs! Good job, you guys.

Your comparing Epic cards to a common card, i think you just proved my point. A common card that can take on epic cards that's significantly easier to upgrade. In a deck that can spam heidi and 2 assassins for 6 power. Then drop HHK and add an instant 2 card advantage. 95% of the people i play use this same strategy and deck , when everyone uses it, there is a reason.

machin7777
12-14-2017, 05:06 PM
Zen cartman nerf is just a joke. I face him 9 game on 10. It's 1200 hp for 3 energy ! He can solo stop and tempo a massive push for only 3 ! This card need to cost 4...
Nothing about HHC this guys who can decide who win a game.
I hope purify nerf its enough, this card is really too polyvalent and **** all sci fi mechanics for only 1...
Nothing about the random cards rotation system.
I think a 6 card hand would be a good thing for 12 card decks.(actually we have 5)

Stanima1981
12-14-2017, 05:54 PM
Your comparing Epic cards to a common card, i think you just proved my point. A common card that can take on epic cards that's significantly easier to upgrade. In a deck that can spam heidi and 2 assassins for 6 power. Then drop HHK and add an instant 2 card advantage. 95% of the people i play use this same strategy and deck , when everyone uses it, there is a reason.

and that 9 energy power push is instantly wiped off the map by a 4 cost arrowstorm....for a zero card advantage. and similar energy trade. That is what I call balance. Go ahead...you send your glass cannons at me. Heidi has no ability other than being a cheap tanky little fighter. And my Ike and take HH on 1v1. Not everyone will have the resources necessary to level the epics....but giving commons the ability to battle in the same arena with the cards that are less attainable...that is the definition of balance.

Sure, little tweaks are needed here and there, but just because you haven't come up with a strategy or proper deck synergy, doesn't mean things are OP and need nerfs.

I've been rolling with pretty much the same deck all along. I came up with the Mystical/Adventure combo long before people started *****ing about OP cards. I have suffered through the nerfs throughout the 20's and into the 30's. I am excited to see what some of these cards do at higher levels.

jc322011
12-14-2017, 06:42 PM
and that 9 energy power push is instantly wiped off the map by a 4 cost arrowstorm....for a zero card advantage. and similar energy trade. That is what I call balance. Go ahead...you send your glass cannons at me. Heidi has no ability other than being a cheap tanky little fighter. And my Ike and take HH on 1v1. Not everyone will have the resources necessary to level the epics....but giving commons the ability to battle in the same arena with the cards that are less attainable...that is the definition of balance.

Sure, little tweaks are needed here and there, but just because you haven't come up with a strategy or proper deck synergy, doesn't mean things are OP and need nerfs.

I've been rolling with pretty much the same deck all along. I came up with the Mystical/Adventure combo long before people started *****ing about OP cards. I have suffered through the nerfs throughout the 20's and into the 30's. I am excited to see what some of these cards do at higher levels.

So your counter to an OP deck is another card from the same deck? At least arrowstorm is an Epic level card. The radius is too big but the damage isnt overpowering.

Just proving that adventure deck has more OP cards .

Stanima1981
12-14-2017, 08:07 PM
Fair point... Fine, I will cast a combination of my Fantasy cards who make everything invincible and immune and faster...still taking out all the assassins for an even energy trade...but this time I will still have 2-3 characters still left on the board....Or poison the field and they all die before crossing the middle line...either way, there are counters and other ways around things. And the META changes from rank to rank. I hear of people complaining at the higher levels that Legends are useless and no one plays them. Most of the complaints sound like whining from layers who aren't as savvy at deck building. I have the blue/green deck that you hate...and i am stopped dead by a strong fantasy deck....and effing pigeons....

jc322011
12-14-2017, 09:08 PM
Fair point... Fine, I will cast a combination of my Fantasy cards who make everything invincible and immune and faster...still taking out all the assassins for an even energy trade...but this time I will still have 2-3 characters still left on the board....Or poison the field and they all die before crossing the middle line...either way, there are counters and other ways around things. And the META changes from rank to rank. I hear of people complaining at the higher levels that Legends are useless and no one plays them. Most of the complaints sound like whining from layers who aren't as savvy at deck building. I have the blue/green deck that you hate...and i am stopped dead by a strong fantasy deck....and effing pigeons....

But at least with a lucky draw poison or invincibility can be countered with purify or regen. Not to mention HHK will probably just Insta kill Kyle before anyways.

Now if HHK would target nearest, or even furthest, for counter to people camping dps behind NK, i would be better with that, because you have a chance t to react with something.

Birds are a bit ridiculous though. It's why i keep rogue token around.

Nelly.Guy
12-14-2017, 10:21 PM
yo guys feel free to join my up and coming team “jakovs” 🤷*♂️🤷*♂️

dream23warrior
12-15-2017, 09:31 AM
As someone said before hook hand Clyde always has a prejudice for hitting an archer. The arrow storm spell is ridiculously powerful especially that it hits the entire field for 4 energy and one shots a good chunk of units along with many units that have battle damage. Literally can strategically overwhelm someone and then they throw down that spell and kill and entire army preventing you from doing damage to them.

AdeptPopRocks
12-15-2017, 09:49 AM
I hope purify nerf its enough, this card is really too polyvalent and **** all sci fi mechanics for only 1..
Lmfao... Sci-fi has a million ways to spam the same effect, while mystic only has 1 purify card.. for example if you have a poison deck, you can alien Clyde my tank, then drop global poison on every unit I have, then when I summon more units you can spawn alien Queen red and get another global poison in, then you can play marine Craig and poison my new kid, and any defensively placed units... But yeah purify is "over powered" because I can Counter 1 of your 4 abilities...

AaronCon22
12-15-2017, 09:54 AM
I’ve noticed he gets stuck behind your New Kid if you summon him directly behind you. Won’t move at all after he throws his parrot. Minor bug, but would be a nice quality of life fix. Thanks for all your hard work! :)

Dfinley90
12-15-2017, 10:09 AM
[]

I've tried hard to save the money I collect but several times I've accidentally hit the reset the PvP, they're should be a confirm button. 45 is steep for a pack that gives you only a little, and I've hit it several times after revealing my pvp pack cards.

Also didn't receive the update until Thursday and it crashes before finishing. No pirate week for me. Sent a support email and got a check Google play for the update (duh), and restart, neither worked. Just frustrating.

Musical-Memoirs
12-15-2017, 10:13 AM
I would love to be able to battle anyone at will. My main reason is to have fun, compare/test decks with teammates and helping each other form new strategies.
Wins by battling a player at choice should not give the PvP rewards as that would be too easy to abuse. Adding a friendlist might take a while, so it should start with teams that are already implemented.

What I would like to see to make this possible:
- The ability to see online teammates by a simple green orb (would be nice to sort members on online status before sorting on donations)
- a button or tab for teambattle that shows a list of names currently waiting for a battle
- when you click on a waiting teammate you can go into battle with that player
- if you win you either get no reward, or a separate reward that has a very low price and strict reward limit
- these wins should also not be recorded in your PvP wins in the statistics or have a separate stat.

If this is implemented then you should work on a friendlist:
- Friendlist could look a lot like the teams but not having a global chat and trade section. Instead show challenge request and active conversations
- when clicking on a friend to go to their profile you get the option to send a message, challenge, remove from friendlist
- When clicked on a active conversation you move to the conversation screen
- when clicking on a challenge you go into battle
- searching for friends can be on name comparable with searching for teams. Or sending a request to a teammate by going to their ingame profile.

I hope you have interest in adding these features and if you are, that this list is going to be helpful to see how it could be implemented.

TUGMANDAN
12-15-2017, 10:40 AM
I sent a message prior about the game taking away my saved up game cash. I know it's not much, but it's $45 in game cash. Could I please be reimbursed? Thanks

Musical-Memoirs
12-15-2017, 10:57 AM
I sent a message prior about the game taking away my saved up game cash. I know it's not much, but it's $45 in game cash. Could I please be reimbursed? Thanks

Likely you accidentally reset the PvP pack timer. Some other player already reported that it doesn't ask to confirm and is easy to accidentally hit after claiming a PvP pack. That has likely happened to you without realizing. So it's likely you didn't lose it, but spend it. Hopefully they will prevent this by adding a confirmation popup soon. And with a bit of luck they will refund you the ingame cash, but I doubt it.

I likely have hit it on accident as well. Because I have had a few times that I could battle for a PvP pack while it was only a few minutes since I opened one. But never kept a good eye on my cash number to realize if that's the case or not.

Mounty_Chris
12-15-2017, 11:56 AM
When you're having an easy time of someone they'll often stop playing after you take one of their health bars. Some babies do it after two. It's a lot more fun when you win with the other person playing cards right until they're knocked off, and I am sure to always do this.
A change to the win/lose mechanic might encourage people to play through to the end. differentiating between time out losses and outright losses was my thought - not losing a rank star (and not gaining one) for a time out loss/win would definitely incentivise playing through to the end.

Yeah.. I really do think there should be a reward for completing your game even if you lose.
It can be very disheartening when you are on a losing streak with nothing to show for it.

Judgement_Hound
12-15-2017, 12:03 PM
You’re doing the usual Ubisoft thing of overnerfing.
Purify is a card that deserved attention but you’re completely overdoing it. If you’re going to reduce it’s initial range to 1.5 at least make it worth upgrading.
- I believe it should at least start at 2 and mirror freeze ray and it’s progression. If you want it to start at 1.5, then make a progression tree to where at max level it’s range mirrors that of poison and regeneration.
I love southpark and have played enough Ubisoft games to know you’re well on your way to killing the game.

KingVVilly
12-15-2017, 01:15 PM
First off, congrats. This game is REALLY fun and funny. Got me to stop playing Clash of Clans!

Card Donations:
Players should get some sort of notification of WHO donated cards. That way you’d know who to thank and help them out with their card requests. Give credit where credit is due.

Mecha Timmy:
This guy shouldn’t have global range. It’s very annoying, especially given how he can sometimes get stuck behind the NK and you can’t kill him unless you use a costly spell to reach him.

Zen Cartman:
I play against this guy in 8/10 Games. I managed to get to lv 45 with my Adventure Sci Fi deck so he’s not invincible, but it gets boring to play the same enemies over and over again. Perhaps increase his cost?

Stuck behind NK:
My HHC, Officer Barbrady, Pirate Timmy and other cards sometimes get stuck behind NK. Please fix.

Add a battle log and replay:
Sometimes I’d like to check out the profile of someone that just wrecked me and check out his cards. Other times I’d love to be able to watch a replay on how my lv 10 NK destroyed a lv 14 player.

Officer Barbradys Deathwish is too slow:
I like this guy even though he’s not considered top tier. However you could make his explosion a little bit faster. I hate having to sacrifice another unit just to keep the enemy in place so barbrady’s deathwish gets the chance to hit them. Buffing him would make more tanks viable so people don’t run only zen cartman.

Fixed level Mode:
Please add some PvP mode where cards are set to a specific level, depending on their rarity. It would help players with legendary cards (I don’t have any but like te challenge) use them withou being wrecked by overleveld commons. It would add strategy to PvP and give people a chance to play on an equal playing field against whales that spend hundreds of dollars on card packs.

Keep up the great work guys. This game is awesome!

Vladalucard24
12-15-2017, 01:36 PM
Buen día creadores de phone destroyer me encanta lo que van a hacer para la actualización y no se si hablen español y lean mi comentario pero si me gustaría que sacaran a aquellas personas que utilizan algun clase de Hack la cual hace que en las batallas jcj la energía les cargue mas rrapido o que tengan energía ilimitada ya que en todo el juego sacan a personajes que utilizan de 5 a mas energia todos al mismo tiempo lo cual no es posible sacar tantos personajes de niveles altos al mismo tiempo y si uno por alguna razón llega a vencerlos vuelven y los sacan de nuevo antes de que lleguen, por favor revisen esto y saquen o castiguen a esos tramposos que no pueden disfrutar el juego limpiamente gracias por su atención

Johnnybut2baby
12-15-2017, 02:33 PM
The Mind Control feature is ********, and should be removed. It is very frustrating to be beaten by your own character, just because the opponent lacks the skill to build their own capable deck. Either being lazy, or just plain ignorant. It requires no thinking at all to use someone else's well built team at turn it against itself. Just a thought, come up with your OWN deck, rather than biting off other people's.!!!!

Uchihanimex
12-15-2017, 03:11 PM
Ok ahora en español que dice la noticia!? Por favor

Kingstoner9
12-15-2017, 06:01 PM
1') When a chief excluded someone in clan it puts the person has leave the clan, resolve this problem showing really that the person has been excluded of clan, otherwise it would be difficult to promote someone of clan in this sense, because if a member is promoted, decides to exclude someone of the clan discreetly, no one knows if the player leave clan where he was excluded.

2') Allow players to be able to see those who are connected in the clan.

3') Allow players to make fighting other players in the clan.

4') And finally stop daily limit lockers.

5') And click on the profile of those of players who wants to join the clan by invitation , before accept this person.

Thanks.

MCMike777
12-15-2017, 06:38 PM
Ok so Heidi needs 1 more energy increse.
Gizmo Ike could get little buffs like hes clones not get only half hes stats and the Charged time decresse.
Mecha Timmy could use a buff in hes raw stats...becuse hes kinda weak for a leggy and hes whole map range is perfect dont change that if he gets nerfed in that he will be useless.
Big gay Al is op hes a Ranged TANK and can get free 2-3 shots if you dont have any kind of instakill spell and just chunks The Leaders hp.
Grand Wizzard Cartman is to weak with the energy cost...he could get a little more raw damage in the attacks and Charged.
And Cyborg Kenny is 10 times better than Inuit Kenny becuse Cyborg can control an enemy for 10 seconds which is just....OP and Inuit is not bad but just an insta kill is not so usefull as mind control.

drummaster1348
12-15-2017, 10:12 PM
Cant agree enough about modifying Mecha Timmy's range, the rest of the nerfs are extremely welcome. Cat Timmy and Pirate Ship Timmy can't shoot unless an enemy is in range, why should Mecha Timmy be different? Makes Mecha Timmy way too powerful in a game that already has enough game-breakers.

Mecha is legendary, so no range for a short mind control isn't bad. I use him sometimes, and people have no issues dealing with him usually with a well placed spell. Every deck has its own strengths and weaknesses.

AdeptPopRocks
12-15-2017, 11:37 PM
First off, congrats. This game is REALLY fun and funny. Got me to stop playing Clash of Clans!

Card Donations:
Players should get some sort of notification of WHO donated cards. That way you’d know who to thank and help them out with their card requests. Give credit where credit is due.

Zen Cartman:
I play against this guy in 8/10 Games. I managed to get to lv 45 with my Adventure Sci Fi deck so he’s not invincible, but it gets boring to play the same enemies over and over again. Perhaps increase his cost

You should be donating all your spare cards to all your teammates all the time. Greedy guys like you will be kicked from your team when the new weekly counter comes out. It shouldn't matter who gave who what. You're a TEAM. You donate everything you don't need.

If they raised the cost of Zen Cartman it would completely defeat the purpose of him. Not doing any damage.. if they raise the cost he will have to start attacking you.

AdeptPopRocks
12-15-2017, 11:40 PM
The Mind Control feature is ********, and should be removed. It is very frustrating to be beaten by your own character, just because the opponent lacks the skill to build their own capable deck. Either being lazy, or just plain ignorant. It requires no thinking at all to use someone else's well built team at turn it against itself. Just a thought, come up with your OWN deck, rather than biting off other people's.!!!!

Maybe use that big noggin of yours to build a deck that can counter mind control xD. Mind control is the easiest sci fi effect to counter.

ZABORRA2
12-16-2017, 05:35 AM
I never see anyone else use these cards but they have great potential. Jimmy can wipe out cards like rats and pigeons and tweak can make cards like Canadian knight Ike a powerhouse. If they had their cost reduced by one, they will surely see more use.

machin7777
12-16-2017, 06:16 AM
Lmfao... Sci-fi has a million ways to spam the same effect, while mystic only has 1 purify card.. for example if you have a poison deck, you can alien Clyde my tank, then drop global poison on every unit I have, then when I summon more units you can spawn alien Queen red and get another global poison in, then you can play marine Craig and poison my new kid, and any defensively placed units... But yeah purify is "over powered" because I can Counter 1 of your 4 abilities...

I say ALL sci fi mechanics. Why mindcontrol suck ? Because for only 1 you destroy this card and take 3 free energy advantage. With the random card rotation your purify can come back so many time in row and destroy sci fi so hard. Then you take an hard energy advantage after all sci-ci effect that you have countered and i cant spam more effect for bait and denie your purify. So if card rotation becomes normal, so yes you can play poison bait. Actually isn't enough efficient vs mysthic (80% of the meta).

KingVVilly
12-16-2017, 01:21 PM
You should be donating all your spare cards to all your teammates all the time. Greedy guys like you will be kicked from your team when the new weekly counter comes out. It shouldn't matter who gave who what. You're a TEAM. You donate everything you don't need.

If they raised the cost of Zen Cartman it would completely defeat the purpose of him. Not doing any damage.. if they raise the cost he will have to start attacking you.

“Greedy guys like [me]”? You have no idea what you’re talking about. I’ve been in my team for not tat long and I’m already top 5 donations. And as someone that donates a lot it like to prioritize my donations to people that help me out. I don’t have unlimited cards but I do what I can. My teammates scratch my back and I scratch theirs.

As for zen cartman, it’s just boring fighting him over and over and over again. I’m at lv 46 and can beat him, but it gets old and makes me stop playing.

DDustiNN_
12-16-2017, 08:26 PM
Will the iPhone X version be updated to not dismiss the game when swiping up from the bottom of the screen? Previously it required two swipes to dismiss the game, which was perfect. But now I’m constantly almost dismissing the game by accident when playing cards that are toward the middle of my available lineup. It’s very annoying, especially in PvP when minimizing the game for even a second automatically kicks you and counts as a loss.

Khayotic
12-17-2017, 08:44 PM
Christmas present?? For players. No event. Gift it

Developer Update - 13/12/2017

Hey, everyone! Steve from RedLynx here. You may have noticed that over the last week the forums, and the unofficial Reddit and Discord were a little quiet. Unfortunately, I've been out with a cold, and it has been quite busy times for UbiDomZ and the rest of our team. Now that I'm all better, we have another brief developer update for you all!

THIS WEEK

TODAY we're proud to welcome a new member to our community team! ItsJustBuck will be hanging out here, answering questions, looking at your feedback, helping resolve issues, writing sweet guides, and other cool stuff! Here are a few words from the man himself:

He loves fart emotes. Seriously. If you're up around rank 45, be sure to send him all the fart emotes you can. 😏💨

TOMORROW, we'll be undergoing a period of server maintenance starting at 9 AM UTC (2 AM Eastern/11 PM Pacific). Servers will be down for a short period of time, so please be advised that playing around that time may mean you can't finish a match if server maintenance has begun mid match. It isn't expected to last long, however.

We will also be having another weekly stream tomorrow! We're bringing back a fan favorite guest, our Creative Director Justin! If you have questions for him about the development of the project, or the creative vision moving forward, be sure to tune in tomorrow. That'll be over on our Twitch channel, http://twitch.tv/southparkphonedestroyer

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/875860982937014272/FFXrxPK0_400x400.jpg (http://twitch.tv/SouthParkPhoneDestroyer)

THIS WEEKEND we will be starting a Pirate Week event! Players who beat the event will receive multiple copies of the brand new Buccaneer Bebe card GUARANTEED. Players who make it to the fourth prize pack should get her automatically! Buccaneer Bebe is a really awesome ranged unit. Keeping consistent with her schtick throughout themes, when Buccaneer Bebe kills a unit, she receives a buff. In this instance, it comes in the form of an increase to her damage. That means if you're out there slaying rats from behind a tank, Buccaneer Bebe is your first mate! She'll drop 'em quick and become all the more dangerous for it! Check out her badass card art below!

https://i.imgur.com/jCdZ2WA.png

🚨- BE ADVISED, THE CHANGES BELOW THIS LINE WILL BE RELEASED NEXT WEEK -🚨

NEXT WEEK 🗓️

Next week we will be rolling out a technical update. The date isn't set in stone yet, however, as there is still further testing to be done. We'll have more info for you as soon as possible. Regarding the contents of this, though, I got you covered! This technical update will include some bug fixes, balance changes and other modifications, and behind-the-scenes improvements to the technical infrastructure of the game.

Bug Fixes 🐛🛠️

- Disconnection Kenny has been modified to be transparent. This will allow you to see what exactly is going on behind the scenes when this pops up, but be advised, it won't be pretty! We've decided to make this transparent so that you can still see the action going on behind the scenes, and potentially react to it better when your connection resumes full functionality. You may see some issues like rubber-banding, or odd unit movement, or strange unit interactions, but we feel this is better than the alternative of not being able to see anything at all, and thus not be able to respond to the situation if you resume connectivity.

Some players have speculated that this is caused by some form of cheat, but that doesn't appear to be the case, as this pop-up is governed by YOUR client. This is caused by your device experiencing some form of lapse of connection. This can happen in a number of circumstances - minute fluctuations in network connectivity (even on WiFi!) happen from time to time, and the result is a disconnection of this variety. This can happen when switching on or off of WiFi, when changing cell towers, when moving between coverage areas or providers, when a player is connecting via a VPN, or any number of possibilities. Other services are not typically affected by these minute fluctuations (such as streaming video, or music) because they buffer, whereas Phone Destroyer is totally real time. In the future, we will be looking into solutions to make this experience far more stable.

Additional bug fixes:

- An issue where card pack opening animations were not displayed correctly has been fixed

- Banned Players will now be removed from the leaderboards

- An issue where music did not play correctly has been fixed

- An issue with Marine Craig's upgrade stats not being shown has been fixed

- Dozens of other minor fixes and improvements have been made

Modifications 🔧

Some minor modifications have been made that should improve the player experience. Namely, they are:

- Offers will now have a scrolling UI so that players can cycle between available offers - no longer will you be blocked from purchasing one simply because a new offer was put up

- Card Donation Count will now be reset in the Teams UI weekly - many team leaders have expressed a desire for a way to determine whether players on their team are still active in-game; now, every Sunday starting THIS SUNDAY (technically before the full update) the amount of donated cards will be reset in the team UI. Your overall donation stats will still be available, however.

- The amount of wins for The Great Playwall of China have now been reduced. Don King Butters will now require you to win the following amount of matches:

Level
Current Win Requirement
Updated Win Requirement

Level 5

Level 10

Level 20

Level 25

Level 35

Level 41

Level 55

Level 60

Balance Changes After Next Week's Update ⚖️

- 🕶️ PC Principal will now be locked until Rank 25's Arena - Tower of Peace

- 🐀 Catapult Timmy
This engine of destruction has had his pestilence factor decreased - now, Catapult Timmy will only spawn 2 rats, rather than 3. Previously, Catapult Timmy had nearly the efficacy of spawning rats AND a powerful ranged unit. Now, he'll still pack a punch, but he should be more balanced at this point rather than overpowered.

- ✌️ Zen Cartman
This rotund little pacifist was having an issue where a bug and an out of control upgrade tech tree was causing his attract range to get insanely large. He's still a reliable damage sink, but now his range has been reduced. His range at all levels will now be 2.2. This appears to be the sweet spot, after extensive testing. Zen Cartman will still be a massively useful unit, but he now won't be overpowered as he levels up.

- 🙏 Purify
Many high-level players have spoken out about "the little spell that could", and we felt they had a lot of validity to their points. Our one energy cost cards are designed to be flexible, yet situational - they should be there to augment decks with higher energy costs so that players can keep things versatile. However, with an area of effect that spanned the entire battlefield, this versatility became a bit overpowering. In order to make this a more skill-based card, the range has been reduced. The starting radius for Purify was decreased from 3 to 1.5, and each upgrade now provides .007 additional range. Using the cleansing light of Purify to its fullest will now require timing and positioning, not just a random flick of the wrist.¨

Regarding balance, we will continue to listen to player feedback, combine it with data, and work toward a more exciting, competitive experience. There will be more balance changes in the future to be sure, but we will let your thoughts and playstyles guide us to the promised land of The Balanced Gameplay Kingdom.

Leave your thoughts and feedback down below, and feel free to shoot us a message on Facebook (http://facebook.com/southparkphonedestroyer), drop us a tweet on Twitter (http://twitter.com/southparkphone), or build us a wall of text here on the forums! We'll use that feedback to help us make Phone Destroyer better. Until tomorrow's stream, I'll see you on the streets of South Park!

Love,
Steve🚀 (http://twitter.com/thatdarnsteve)

guest-nk7nJhgr
12-17-2017, 08:56 PM
I'm really enjoying the game, it's been a week for me and I'm up around 35. I'm facing some issues that are taking away from my experience though:
First, the mind control spell lasts way too long. I believe that it should either cost one more energy or the times per upgrade should be nerfed a little bit. Facing a high enough level of it I lose any troop from my push, even my tank.
Second, just a small semantic but when donating cards to your teammates there should be a scaling to it (you can donate 3 commons, one rare is worth 5 donations and a little bit more coin). Additionally possibly giving people a once a week request for an epic would be lovely, but that is just me being greedy at that point.
Finally I think some of the attack ranges and the targeting on some cards need work. For example, though I have several, I play a dougie card on an outside lane and the is moving past a butters in the middle lane part way down, the butters can still hit and crush him. How units lock onto cards also feels a little bit weird.

Some fun ideas to bring in the future that might enhance the experience for people: give people a chance to share some replays to their team, when I was a level 8 I outplayed an 11 and thought it would be shareable. Add item requests as an option, there are so many it makes upgrading your cards on the higher levels really long and lucking into 4 arrow heads for example is really hard.

All in all it's fun and I'll keep working at it for the time being.

G.Toma
12-18-2017, 01:26 AM
The entire reason that I've donated over 300 cards is so that when I finally need something from the group they know that I donate generously so they don't skimp on giving me help. With this new setup of changing or resetting those numbers every week it makes donating pointless. You say that you will be able to see the overall stats but I don't know where you show those cuz right now I looked and I don't see them anywhere. I donated all those cards and that number is part of my character. It's as significant as what level I am. And now that you have erased it you pretty much made every donation I've made before irrelevant. This was a stupid solution to a simple problem of showing team leaders who on their team is still donating and active. That could have easily been taken care of without resetting people's donation numbers. That's just a terribly stupid idea.

anifer3739
12-18-2017, 02:12 AM
Y'all said that there would be rolling resets on donation counters every Sunday but the overall donated amount would remain the same. As it stands everything is zeroed all the way to player profiles and total guild. What gives??

Tyler150
12-18-2017, 06:12 AM
- Resetting donation amounts is a poor solution for letting people see who is active. Why not just add a "last active" timer visible in the clan area of the game?
- When I tap on my character in the list of clan members, my donations are reading as 0 as well as in the main list of donated cards. If there supposedly is somewhere to see total cards donated, it's not very obvious or visible.
- I was almost to 100 donations and having my visible donations reset to 0 feels like a huge slap in the face.

Please consider pulling back this specific update. All this does is crush my desire to donate cards.

Damof0
12-18-2017, 07:55 AM
I am finding I come across the same decks after level 25. If it’s not every game it’s every other. The decks that have zen cartman, Nathan, regen, choir boy butters and friar jimmy. It boring and stale. It’s making me choose a deck just to counter it but when the inevitability throw out man bear pig it becomes too much. I have committed a lot to this game but after a awhile all other cards seem to be under used when you get high level. My thoughts are the game could do with a retooling of certain cards either nerfs to the cards mentioned or buff to the rest so they don’t become redundant. Keep up the good work.

chisk-eee
12-18-2017, 08:08 AM
I personally hate the way card "order" (there's none, really) works. I'd love to have a consistent order in which I pull out cards. I mean, having them served randomly every time sometimes hurts the entire match.

shark.music
12-18-2017, 09:07 AM
That's not entirely true. The cards are drawn based on point value. Like it tries to give you a diverse selection. If you play a 4 or 5 point card, for example, it will replace it with another 4 or 5 point card, never a 1, or 2 point card. And say you have five 5pt or 6pt cards in your deck; you'll never have a hand full of 5pt cards, because it will only allocate those cards to appear in the far right slots.

This mechanic is part of what makes Purify so overpowered - if it's the only one point card in your deck, it's going to pop up in your left-most card slot all the time, which is what allows people to spam it so constantly, whereas all the cards it counters are higher point cost and thus 1) harder to count on in the draw, because the higher cost cards all compete with each other for face time in a way that your one or two low point cards do not, and 2) more time consuming to pay for. So, for example: in the time it takes you to play poison (3pts) and Marine Craig (4pts), your opponent can play Purify (1pt), then play whatever 2pt card replaces it in their hand's far left card slot, and then purify again, and still have 3pts to spare. Except "spare" is the wrong word, because they're not left over, they'll actually get to spend those points before you get to play Marine Craig in that scenario. (Which is also why even if they have a bunch of low point cards, so Purify does have to compete for face time, they'll still almost always be able to get Purify back in their hand before you can play a poison or freeze card on them a second time.)

As for the donation issue, I wish you guys would make the team stuff work better for ALL teams. Right now you've got all the team rules set up to keep 50 member teams from getting out of hand, but in doing so you've crippled the bejesus out of smaller teams. The team I'm on has six members, three of whom are very active, and really, we might as well not even be on a team, aside from the chat function. We used to be able to help in a meaningful way if someone was asking for a card we didn't want (you want my ten copies of Ike, who I never use? here take the whole stack!) but now it's such a glaciaI process that I don't even bother opening that tab most of the time any more. Plus the way you've reset the donation counters instead of just adding a "last active" timer has killed whatever donation momentum remained. My main point here, though, is that you shouldn't have to be on a team with 30 or more members to have being on a team be a meaningful experience. Donations caps, for example, should be on a sliding scale depending on team size, not just be locked at 3/1 for everyone.

tinyskeleton21
12-18-2017, 09:33 AM
I’m not sure if anyone’s gonna read this but I have a few ideas!!! First off I think there a lot of cards that are flat out trash but I think Le Bard Jimmy is one of the worst cards it’s not his ability or anything that’s pretty nice actually I just think he should cost 3 instead of 4. Of course because of that you would y’know lower his stats a little bit to match up with the 3 cost it’s just that I think he would do better as a 3 cost card. Another thing shouldn’t Purify or Shaman Token get rid of mind control effects? I leveled the **** out of Shaman Token because Cyborg Kenny kept pissing me off,then I realized his effect doesn’t cleanse ****ing mind control!!!! Also are you going to introduce cards that are bosses but not usable characters, such as Youth Pastor Craig? Well that’s about it I hope someone sees this

pringleperson
12-18-2017, 10:28 AM
I want to be able to take off my hat

KillerFernandez
12-18-2017, 01:04 PM
What about button issue? Please fix it. It's really annoying. Can't play PVP or normal mode. Please ubi please so something. It's a humble request.

KillerFernandez
12-18-2017, 01:09 PM
And please fix the 'downloading assests' bug
It's data consuming 😓

Adamf68
12-18-2017, 03:25 PM
I also experience the bug where I did not receive the last pack during the pirate event. Will this issue be addressed in the near future?

blond__boi
12-18-2017, 04:22 PM
Again i hope there's going to be a friends list or at least the option to battle teammates soon

Shiny_XM
12-18-2017, 08:45 PM
I have an andriod samsung j7 a setting to fix fps would be nice.

WapoBustin
12-18-2017, 09:16 PM
Join our open clan! Would love to have you guys join. Search: Plup Penguins :D

EmmaRanima
12-18-2017, 09:57 PM
Yo gj on the upgrades ^^ nice to see u guys taking care of this game ;D i just wanted to voice my own problem here bcz i dunno where else (maybe u should add a report a bug button ;p), u see, I just reached lvl 22in pvp and I didn't get the reward :(
Anyway keep up the good work ! ^^

danoba2017
12-18-2017, 10:33 PM
Do you know when the game will be truly balanced???? WHEN YOU FINALLY SOLVE THE PROBLEM WITH ENERGY HACKERS!!!! You can change the cards, but when someone spawns characters double the speed I do, It will not help me if his purify card has a lower radius!!! screw you guys, im going home.

Boduf
12-18-2017, 10:52 PM
The entire reason that I've donated over 300 cards is so that when I finally need something from the group they know that I donate generously so they don't skimp on giving me help. With this new setup of changing or resetting those numbers every week it makes donating pointless. You say that you will be able to see the overall stats but I don't know where you show those cuz right now I looked and I don't see them anywhere. I donated all those cards and that number is part of my character. It's as significant as what level I am. And now that you have erased it you pretty much made every donation I've made before irrelevant. This was a stupid solution to a simple problem of showing team leaders who on their team is still donating and active. That could have easily been taken care of without resetting people's donation numbers. That's just a terribly stupid idea.

I completely agree with you. You couldn’t have said it better.
Change it back to the old donation system!!!!!!

anzboy777
12-19-2017, 12:13 AM
Do you know when the game will be truly balanced???? WHEN YOU FINALLY SOLVE THE PROBLEM WITH ENERGY HACKERS!!!! You can change the cards, but when someone spawns characters double the speed I do, It will not help me if his purify card has a lower radius!!! screw you guys, im going home.

Let us see each other's energy bar 1 of 2 things will happen that will let us atleast better identfy cheaters. 1 their bar will charge faster than ours or 2 we see them drop units they didnt have the meter for like mbp when we only saw 3 bars before he dropped it

AdeptPopRocks
12-19-2017, 02:06 AM
I personally hate the way card "order" (there's none, really) works. I'd love to have a consistent order in which I pull out cards. I mean, having them served randomly every time sometimes hurts the entire match.

I think it random draws are the best as it gives the matches more variety. If you can pick the exact order everytime, not only will you fight the same decks, there will also be a "meta" in the order everyone plays their cards, which would make the game more boring imo.

HOWEVER, it is COMPLETE ******** that when you play a card it does not go to the bottom of your deck, and instead can be random drawn back into your deck after playing only one card. Like if you play a Regen, and I purify it, you should have to play every card in your deck before you ever see it again.

TL;DR:
Your deck should be "shuffled" or random at the start of every match, but once a card is played, it is now at the "bottom" of your deck, and you must draw all cards sitting "above" it before it can be drawn into your hand again.

It's so annoying and unfair when you have to defeat your opponents best card 4x in one match, while you get your best card once, at the very end of the match. (This happens to me with tanks all the time, I kill theirs multiple times without ever seeing mine)

Shiny_XM
12-19-2017, 08:18 AM
My friends and i really wanna challenge eachother too in the game so if thats an option that would be nice.

G.Toma
12-19-2017, 02:03 PM
Are they planning to respond to any of these complaints. I would like to know if they are in the works of fixing the donation system again or if they are just going to ignore it like any other time I filed a complaint about a bug in this game . Because if that is the case I can finally shelve this s*** game for good.

Musical-Memoirs
12-19-2017, 04:53 PM
Again i hope there's going to be a friends list or at least the option to battle teammates soon

My friends and i really wanna challenge eachother too in the game so if thats an option that would be nice.

I made a big post about this idea, could you guys like that post and maybe help with extra ideas on how they should implement it?
I really think it would help making it more noticeable to the devs that way.

My ideas on teambattles and friendlist (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1806006-Developer-Update-13-12-2017-Next-Week-s-Patch-Notes-Revealed!?p=13188458&viewfull=1#post13188458)

dannyb1022
12-19-2017, 07:37 PM
First of all, love the game. Its fantastic. But like any game with this much attention it's going to have some severe issues, which you can avoid. Idk if anyone official will read this, care what I say, and truly take it to heart, but I hope so.
First thing, someone else mentioned it, but stop ruining pve with nerfs. I struggle as it is and the "op" cards in pvp were actually supremely helpful when trying to beat cartman at higher levels or hitting max on non boss fights. You nerf for pvp that shouldn't be a universal nerf and effect pve too because those battles are already tough. Let me go on record saying you have completely destroyed my pve deck. Catapult Timmy, regen, Zen Cartman were amongst my prime lineup. Now I have to use other things that will be just as useless against cards low level 4 or high level 5 when mine are just reaching 3.
Second, you need to BALANCE not just nerf. For each card you nerf, another 1 or 2 underpowered cards should be buffed. And this should be happening all at once not 1-3 cards every 2 weeks. You should be gathering data on most used cards, find the negation for those cards, and give them the buff. Make weaker cards stronger. Give other decks a chance. Don't focus all efforts on nerfs. All cards need to be given opportunity to be played without severely crippling the player to where the immense amount of lost energy guarantees a loss. Each player is going to have certain weaknesses and you should not be just straight up nerfing because not everyone's weakness is the same and not everyone responds badly to bad situations making them lose their mind, come here, and demand a nerf immediately. I could list my ideas on each card specifically but it would probably just waste time if I did. But you could! Did you play destiny? The chrome app allowed you to rate guns and seemed to help players determine whether or not something was worth using. You could easily implement a feature, or have people go off game to rate but for convenience it might be better to add that sort of thing in game. Low rated cards are just asking to be buffed. High rated cards do not demand a nerf, but at least need to be watched carefully to avoid any op behavior.

That's all from me. I have so many ideas it's crazy, but I really tried to focus my ideas to revolve around the patches that will be made

KILLA_LOS_603
12-19-2017, 07:55 PM
This update is horrible!!! My clan has worked so hard with card donations all for nothing. Please find another way to find out who’s active or not I really don’t appreciate having to restart every week. My clan competes with each other to get to the top 3 why would you knock them down like that for? Please fix the issue ASAP!!!!

Mvduin
12-19-2017, 09:25 PM
Just an idea and apologies if it was suggested previously but a conversion system for upgrade items would be awesome. I have hundreds of the common items and am struggling to level my cards. Maybe 10 commons would equal 1 rare, 10 rares for 1 epic?

Ninja_JS
12-20-2017, 12:33 AM
Is it my wifi or is it the game because i have to be 1-inch close to my actual wifi to play it right don't know but needs to be fixed!?!

jevvsh
12-20-2017, 12:32 PM
I don’t care what the nay sayers think. The fact that everyone had cleanse and heal says it all. Easiest way to make nearly every other deck useless.

danoba2017
12-20-2017, 04:42 PM
Newest gameplay observation: that tiny purify is almost useless. And, congratulations, you´ve made robotic(mind control) deck invincible.

Letsousheth
12-20-2017, 05:07 PM
And when can we expect the game to get updated to where we don't have to spend over an hour trying to get the PVP pack? Between bad match ups against players 3 levels higher and 4 ranks higher, random disconnects from the server that either count as a loss or steal a victory from you when there is nothing wrong with your connection(purely server issue, not client), it can take an obscene amount of time to get 3 victories. Change it to 5 battles where a victory counts as two and the game will be much more enjoyable.

HaargenDasz
12-20-2017, 05:27 PM
Quote from before... I suck at this :(

Legendaries

Legendaries are fun cards on paper. I have most of them (missing Stan of the Nine moons, Mecha Timmy and Medusa Bebe) and they all function differently and feel fun to use. The problem is that when you get to higher ranks, they become entirely impossible to use. It's impossible to keep a legendary at the same level as your common and rare cards. Heck, epics suffer from this a bit too but at least at level 3 they have access to enough upgrades to be usable in certain cases. However, even at level 2 (but often level 1) legendaries just don't have enough raw stats to be played. I'll see a few (I'm rank 50 atm) mecha timmys or others but they are very rare. I'm not saying at level 1 a legendary should be more powerful than a level 5 card but at the same time they are expected to be stronger than regular cards and right now they just aren't getting played. Everyone will play their Heidi, their zen cartman, their cupid wendys, catapult jimmys, etc. I barely ever see someone pull out a ninjew or event a gw cartman. I know that both gw cartman and mbp got nerfed earlier in the game's life but right now they sit unusable. It's a little dumb that a 3 cost zen cartman is objectively more useful in nearly all situations than a 6 cost legendary card for the same character. Same for Kenny. Inuit kenny is garbage. The effect is useless on offense because you're often killed by the lazer and at 4 cost you're better off with fantasy kenny or mystic kenny just because they cost less and do similar damage. Even cyber kenny has a better effect in a lot of cases for the same cost. It just sucks that I can never use my legendaries. There's no casual mode to just play for fun and whenever I try to build a team with them, they just get outclassed by level 4 and 5 cards that cost less and do more.

Just a thought. Thank you.

Just a thought. Thank you. I'd say this is working as intended... it is more rare than rare to get a legendary. legendary cards shouldn't be easy to play with, it should be a grind; comparing a maxed legy with a maxed common would be a good way to affirm that. play what works until you get better.

CallMeSpidey
12-20-2017, 07:40 PM
I love everything about the game. I also love how active you guys are as a team working on it day and night, but a mode where you could play with/ against a friend or a specific player would be amazing. No prize lockers have to be awarded or ranks won/ lost, but just to play for fun with a friend would be a great addition.

Keep up the awesome work =D

UnderBellyJelly
12-20-2017, 10:29 PM
As danoba said above, you just made mind control dominant. Mind control is one of the biggest problems among the cards in this game. There is no way that should be able to be played on the other person's side. People throwing Dougie's or Kenny's out to get close to your leader and then mind controlling your defensive player once you killed them is a huge problem. You needed to be able to throw purify fast. That why it costs 1 right? Fix mind control please.

machin7777
12-21-2017, 01:05 AM
Newest gameplay observation: that tiny purify is almost useless. And, congratulations, you´ve made robotic(mind control) deck invincible.

Bwahahaha. I'm legend and the nerfs have not changed anything. 8 games on 10 i face again mystics decks who play zen, regen and purify. Zen cartman don't take a real nerf, he's totally broken for this cost and can tempo and stop a massive push alone for only 3. I'm really bored about mystic. This **** will make me stop the game. Get an hard value with 0 skill. Brainless and ******ed class.

G.Toma
12-21-2017, 02:21 AM
I'm not sure if it's a new cheat or some kind of update but I just played a match where I had three big cards out on the field and the opponent had none then all of a sudden the screen flashed pink for a second and all my players had vanished like they weren't even there! what the f*** is that?

danoba2017
12-21-2017, 03:38 PM
Mine hercules clyde is not working, he should stop the charge, there is that purple thing on an enemy that means he cannot charge, but he still charges - mostly zen cartman and mecha timmy. As you nerfed purify, i can only use him and he is not working, really guys, you messed up. This update suck so much that even in our team, that was pretty active, half of the players quitted. Screw you guys, Im going home.

HarveyKwan
12-21-2017, 10:03 PM
There are still people cheating in this game, when is this getting fixed Troll-bane not working.

People have created dummy accounts to test the Trollbane that have continued to cheat without a ban.

Then we have people that claim to have been banned wrongfully that are not allowed to get the situation elevated for further investigation.

While I want cheaters to be banned people that fall into the category of actually being wrongfully banned there should be a system where they can ask for the case to be elevated for further investigation. Simple fact this happens all the time in games and to not allow for a method of a person to elevate their case in these situation is plain wrong.

We also have the case where there are still a good amount of cheaters that are still utilizing the energy cheat.

Customer Phone support is down curious.

Customer support Live Chat hasn't worked for a while now during business hours.
So what is going on with this? are you guys taking this off line as well?
When will Live Chat support be available again?

"Hey, Phone Destroyer fans! My name is Buck, AKA ItsJustBuck, I'm the new Community Manager for South Park: Phone Destroyer at RedLynx. I'll be working with ThatDarnSteve and UbiDomZ to answer questions and pass your feedback to the development team. I have been a fan of South Park since I was a kid and working on this project is truly amazing! I look forward to getting to know you all a little better. If we meet on the battlefield, feel free to throw a fart emote my way!"

ItsJustBuck or ThatDarnSteve could we get this addressed?

I do not really see any replies to question in these forums where are the answers to our questions?

https://support.ubi.com/en-US/News/000032745/Live-Chat-Support-High-Volume-December-21st

REFERENCE ID: 000032745
LIVE CHAT SUPPORT - HIGH VOLUME - DECEMBER 21ST
Live chat support in your region is experiencing high volumes, resulting in extended wait times.

We apologize for any temporary inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding.

If you would like to avoid the wait you can find many known solutions by using the search box on the SUPPORT HOME PAGE. You can also submit your support request through email HERE and our agents will respond to your case as soon as possible.

It's been like this for days, I don't mind waiting where is the option to engage in LiveChat?

It doesn't say that live chat is unavailable it says that there is large volume and the wait time could be extended yet the option to actually start live chat has not been available for days now so I ask if live chat has not been available how is it experiencing high volumes.

This comes off as a misdirection and blatant lie.

Cause if the ability to engage Live Chat is not open and hasn't been for days then there is no way it could be experiencing high volumes.

Explain this to me.

stiprdr
12-26-2017, 05:36 PM
so instead of giving people useless updates when is ubitrash going to do something about the energy cheaters? or is this your final product and the best you can do?

AlbertWFox
12-28-2017, 07:56 PM
Since this announcement of the hiring of ItsJustBuck, who will be "hanging out here, answering questions, looking at your feedback, helping resolve issues, writing sweet guides, and other cool stuff!", he has contributed four posts, an average of 0.18 per day.

wwhwang
12-30-2017, 07:13 AM
How about instead of focusing on minor balance adjustments or minor bugs, focus on the issues below? I've played the game since the beta soft-launch and these issues still haven't been addressed properly.

1) Implement a system that makes it easy to investigate and ban energy cheaters. Trollbane did nothing. Roughly 90% of my opponents can somehow pump out 15 to 25 energy worth of cards every 5 seconds. If anything, the cheating problem got worse. Before Trollbane, only 3 out of 10 of my opponents were obvious cheaters. Even if it's as simple as sending a timelog of what card was played at what time and what energy was available to the admins/dev team when reporting a player would work better than Trollbane. This brings me to my next point.

2) Make an easy-to-find in-game reporting system/screen. There doesn't seem to be any reporting system in the actual phone app. The only reporting system known to the average player is recording the game, then sending the video to the admins. I don't know about other people, but the thought of being forced to record every single game, emailing it to the admins, and hoping they actually do anything is far too exhausting of a process that any free-to-play game has any right to force on its players.

3) Fix gamebreaking glitches/exploits. If one of your units is mind-controlled, then the opponent mind controls a second unit, the first unit's mind-control counter seems to pause, making that unit your opponent's unit forever. I've had someone mind control my Zen Cartman with Mecha Timmy, then had my Dogpoo hit by the mind control spell. My Zen Cartman was mind-controlled for more than 1 minute.

Charged abilities also seem to be nullified after mind-control. There have been many times where I either mind-control a unit or regain control of a mind-controlled unit only to have the unit's charged ability no longer castable.

4.) Dedicated servers. I can't remember how many games I've lost because I somehow lose connection right when a PVP match starts even when my connection is over 200 MB per sec and every other device in the house isn't even lagging. Or having to kill every opposing character 3 or 4 times because the opponent's messing with their wifi connection or their speed/energy hacks are glitching out during a game. On rare occasions, I'd join a pvp match only to lose the second I join the match (You Lose screen, no characters or spells cast, lost a star). Not sure if that last part is because the other person's cheating though.