PDA

View Full Version : [Changelog] - December 14th - Maintenance

UbiAmper
12-13-2017, 04:14 PM
Here are the changes to be implemented with the December 14th maintenance.

Fixed a bug where agents could get World Tier 5 cache rewards from Resistance while in World Tier 1.

/ The Division Team

KrON DiGGiTY
12-13-2017, 04:53 PM
This is quite possibly the dumbest thing you guys could do.

Playing for an hour and getting to wave 50 on WT1 isn't any more rewarding than playing WT5 for an hour and getting to wave 15 3 times. Except it's actually fun to play WT1, where WT5 is just not.

AdmiralLW
12-13-2017, 04:56 PM
Plebs have to be kept in check.

AdmiralLW
12-13-2017, 04:57 PM
Restrictions everywhere. but unlimited premium currencies you can buy as many encrypted gambling caches as you want.

Awasky94
12-13-2017, 05:09 PM
A lot of people can’t start the game because of the DELTA errors and this is what they come up with?

KrON DiGGiTY
12-13-2017, 05:16 PM
To add to this. More importantly, the difficulty of wave 50 on WT1 is the same or more difficult than wave 15 on WT5.

All that is going to happen now is people are going load in, get enough credits to open the first reward box, than leave. Rinse and Repeat.

CarameIIo
12-13-2017, 05:28 PM
What a stupid change, WT1 feels right for resistance, the rewards also felt right.

If you gonna change this then at least change also the drop rates for classified gear, is beyond ridiculous

mckrackin5324
12-13-2017, 05:54 PM
This game is for the players like EA is for consumers.

They can shove that game mode up their ***

Yama988
12-13-2017, 06:57 PM
Completely agree. Sad to see a change that takes away a fun activity with a reasonable set of rewards relative to the amount of time spent in the activity.
Guess its back to wave 15 and wipe approach. Not nearly as much fun though.

MisterDunes
12-13-2017, 07:15 PM
I guess this makes sense. Can't have too much fun in a video game. It has to be serious business all the time.

You killed it with the 1.8 patch. The new GE and sets are fantastic. People are having a great time playing your game.

And the first thing you do is make it less fun, especially for solo players.

Please re-think this.

Tiggy1997
12-13-2017, 07:26 PM
They launched a patch that was, for the most part, a success(personally I don't like Rogue 2.0). Then they decide that their first "fix" to this patch is to ruin one of the parts they just implemented.

WT1 makes the resistance playable for solo players and after wave 30 or so it becomes somewhat of a challenge for most groups, by wave 50 its a dogfight for even the best groups, and wave 65 seem like the mobs are immune to bullets. Now they've just made it so that people won't even bother playing resistance anymore much like how underground use to be, and how most of the missions(excluding incursions and legendary) are still.

Trep06
12-13-2017, 08:37 PM
This was actually a bug? A buddy and I opened the first reward box and we got a blue weapon. Heck, the NPCs seem to swarm and overcome us just as fast as the World Tier 5 NPCs

DemizeFPS
12-13-2017, 08:40 PM
You would think they would focus on more pressing issues like the delta errors and the horrific lag.

Inkr329
12-13-2017, 09:46 PM
cmon guys you know how quickly they shut that loot farm ish down... but going on 2 years later they are still investigating launch day issues. lol one step fwd with 1.8 and then 3 steps back.

TheHDB97
12-13-2017, 10:52 PM
Here are the changes to be implemented with the December 14th maintenance.

Fixed a bug where agents could get World Tier 5 cache rewards from Resistance while in World Tier 1.

/ The Division Team

Looks like last night was the last night I play resistance.

mckrackin5324
12-14-2017, 12:54 AM
cmon guys you know how quickly they shut that loot farm ish down... but going on 2 years later they are still investigating launch day issues. lol one step fwd with 1.8 and then 3 steps back.

It's not even a loot cave situation.
If you play in tier 1 you get tier 1 loot except for the caches you get every several waves. Those are like field prof caches and scale to your gear score.

This is like making field prof caches scale to world tier. It would be STUPID...just like this change is.

mckrackin5324
12-14-2017, 01:07 AM

It's not even a loot cave situation.
If you play in tier 1 you get tier 1 loot except for the caches you get every several waves. Those are like field prof caches and scale to your gear score.

This is like making field prof caches scale to world tier. It would be STUPID...just like this change is.

arvfx_
12-14-2017, 01:12 AM
Terrible, terrible idea. This is nothing like Warrengate cheese or similar past farming methods. Hell it's barely even a farming method at all - even at WT1 it still takes a good amount of time to get the caches worth having, only the enemy scaling doesn't go "fine fine fine HARD" like it does on WT5. It's a way more fun semi-chill activity with not completely useless rewards (you still have to give up everything dropped from bosses etc). This should be reconsidered - It's not a game breaking exploit by a very long chalk.

Crott117
12-14-2017, 02:12 AM
Agree with others. Poor choice to fix. Playing an hour+ for 2 tier 4 caches is hardly game breaking - especially since loot rains everywhere else.
All this will is Force a nerf to resistance when people stop playing because matchmade teams in WT5 can’t make it past wave 20.

Maverick7508
12-14-2017, 03:12 AM
Come on Guys, this is the only way some of us can gear up! I dont have the gear to do runs like clear sky and your event caches arent giving me pve gear. screw you

t_w_i_x_Tv
12-14-2017, 04:34 AM
Super fakt mod tymu se povedl je to super .

jde to krásně ruku v ruce s zbroji super

jedna věc tu ale je nepořádek na ulicích baguje hráče že po bojovém kotoulu nejsou schopni pohybu

90 % aktualizace super a jde i solo jednoduše

jen se zaměřit na chyby hry v podobě bugu za mě ok TOP game 2 roku pro mě :cool::cool::cool:

oraorapu
12-14-2017, 04:55 AM
UBISOFT and Massive don't understand users.
Tier5 rewards are fu-cking shi-t!
So, you must fixed Tier5 rewards.
Do you understand? OK?
You guys must die!

Solidus...
12-14-2017, 09:34 AM
Like always abuse/gliches which can give ya easy and fast get fixed on asap.

H3nn0
12-14-2017, 09:39 AM
Thanks for taking a substantial chunk out of prime playing time in GE for a pointless fix.

Beard1y
12-14-2017, 09:46 AM
Pro tip: Take the game down for 3 hours during its peak resurrection due to a small minority of people having fun. :confused::cool::cool:

NAILED IT!

DizConnected
12-14-2017, 09:53 AM
I sure hope you fix more than this 1 issue for kicking me out of game for 3 hours. You can't even get the day right in the game, it says the game will be down Tuesday @3AM, so I have little faith you will fix anything, more likely to break more than you fix. I'm loving 1.8 but dam you don't seem to listen to your player base much.

HUNTER-IND
12-14-2017, 09:57 AM
true they again rushed our playing thats why they loose much players in the game.

mrpixley28
12-14-2017, 10:01 AM
Everyone complaining is more than likely pve players.
This exploit allowed me to get multiple 6 piece sets. Imagine if they allowed this untill the ge is over. How many of us hardcore div players would have all these six sets that are fully optimized?
A ton!
Basically turning the game into an even playing field. Which is lame af!
Takes away from the rpg stand point and pushes the game to more like destiny.
Quit your ****ing and realize there's levels to this ish.
Put in the work and you'll get your gear.
Just like the rest of us.

Siku84
12-14-2017, 10:03 AM
Heh, and here I was actually thinking that this maintenance would fix the server issues or ANY kind of reassurance about the ques, lag, or disconnections. Surely, with this recent re-population of the game and it's sales; they'd up the server budget (even if only temporarily).

Silly me, to think that's more important than an exploit that may potentially hurt premium sales. Losing players whom only just started playing is not a main concern as they already got their money for the game now.

I had high hopes after this new free update, and the huge potential resurrection of this game... but between this and the MAJOR typo for this maintenance; I realize the major reasons this game was dying a slow death in the first place are still very much real. Keep up this business model, and see this game lose it's player base very quickly again to the point where this "free update" is in vain and only delaying the inevitable.

Ob-Timus
12-14-2017, 10:21 AM
Seriously thiat change log....? No fix or at least a little patch for all the delta errors we're getting? No update on the servers yet? I don't think rewards are the priority here. Being able to play the game and run it is!!!!!!! Lots of people can't play the division now, mostly because they can't run it since 1.8 released or because of desync issues and disconnections.... No update on that, nothing. Fix the lags, fix the servers please... !!! I got more delta errors pop-up than field proficiency caches... !!!

Ob-Timus
12-14-2017, 10:22 AM
Seriously that change log....? No fix or at least a little patch for all the delta errors we're getting? No update on the servers yet? I don't think rewards are the priority here. Being able to play the game and run it is!!!!!!! Lots of people can't play the division now, mostly because they can't run it since 1.8 released or because of desync issues and disconnections.... No update on that, nothing. Fix the lags, fix the servers please... !!! I got more delta errors pop-up than field proficiency caches... !!!

pedi.4kinGz
12-14-2017, 10:26 AM
Playing on Tier 1 and getting to higher waves was a lot of fun and the rewards felt right for the effort. Playing on Tier 5 and not making it beyond wave 15 felt very unrewarding. Take the solo player or the returning players who missed prior GE events. Cheesing Lexington runs to get there GE credits to get their gear is a bigger issue than this issue. GE event should reward you for completing accolades.

I gave the game a break of several months and have not followed the GE events, so I'm missing a lot of classified gear. The only way I increase my chances to get the gear is run mission on the hardest lvl. All good right? No, because without a well prep team, chances are zero to none. Also, there is no match making.

This Tier 1 resistance was a chance to get back into the game...now I will complete the GE and forget about grinding for the prior classified as it's practically impossible as a solo player.

Massive need to rethink what they are doing or the game base will drop again to low lvl.

Erkkisson
12-14-2017, 10:45 AM
This is quite possibly the dumbest thing you guys could do.

Playing for an hour and getting to wave 50 on WT1 isn't any more rewarding than playing WT5 for an hour and getting to wave 15 3 times. Except it's actually fun to play WT1, where WT5 is just not.

QFE, this this and this again... *sigh*

Siku84
12-14-2017, 10:58 AM
Apparently unpopular opinion
Everyone complaining is more than likely pve players.
This exploit allowed me to get multiple 6 piece sets. Imagine if they allowed this untill the ge is over. How many of us hardcore div players would have all these six sets that are fully optimized?
A ton!
Basically turning the game into an even playing field. Which is lame af!
Takes away from the rpg stand point and pushes the game to more like destiny.
Quit your ****ing and realize there's levels to this ish.
Put in the work and you'll get your gear.
Just like the rest of us.

"Apparently" So. You know what that makes you? Not the majority. You know what this game desperately needs? A population.

Think of it this way, you'd have no one to show off your HARDCORE DIV work to. Or, it'll simply all disappear once the servers go down due to inactivity and no budget. Wouldn't that be "lame af"?

Love this sort of approach so I shall stoop; No one likes hypocritical ****ing or an elitist. MMO's are primarily for fun and escapism. Not frustration induced sessions and **** measuring contests. Otherwise they drop the M in MMO over time and are barely "Massive". Ya know, almost as massive as hardcore gamer's egos who fail to see the bigger picture.

Blame for the developer for not segregating PVE and PVP appropriately, not the player base.

Father_Pt
12-14-2017, 11:04 AM
From a returning, one year absent player. The game is much better in terms of content, but still, your reward system is still broken. First this mask thing... you overpopulated the game with clones. Plain stupid. At least bring back the other masks to increase variety, because for now everyone is using this last GE 3 masks.
The other is that your caches only give crap. Matter of fact, i've been playing with the EXACT same set that i had 1 year ago because everything i get is unusable.
I was not aware of this T2/T5 thing, getting trough wave 15 is impossible with matchmaking and the rewards are not good enough. Im probably leave the game for good before 2018 starts.

pedi.4kinGz
12-14-2017, 11:17 AM
agree

pedi.4kinGz
12-14-2017, 11:18 AM
To add to this. More importantly, the difficulty of wave 50 on WT1 is the same or more difficult than wave 15 on WT5.

All that is going to happen now is people are going load in, get enough credits to open the first reward box, than leave. Rinse and Repeat.

agree

pedi.4kinGz
12-14-2017, 11:25 AM
Higher tier caches give better gear...so everything up to wave 15 in is crap...This means don't waste your time in resistance as solo player with match making.

Add to this pool of classified gear growing, the chances of getting what you want is substantially reduced. Lol.

Maverick7508
12-14-2017, 12:09 PM
Kiss my shiny metal @$$. Some people arent online during peak population hours and have no friends that still play this game. getting through the missions that give exotic caches is nearly impossible without a good build. And to be honest, these GE caches keep giving freaking banshee classifieds. I have nearly two sets of them and barely any classifieds for nomad, reclaimer, tactician, etc. I DONT PLAY PVP, so this loot is **** for me, and the time spent farming the tokens wasted. Ubisoft and MrPixley28 and go suck EA's ****.

Alchemagnus
12-14-2017, 01:55 PM
The drop rate is fine I've got nearly all classified sets by grinding 24 hours straight. 30+ superior caches. Wave 70 on resistance with 26+ caches at the end. People just don't know how to do simple math and read what these talents can achieve. They don't understand the mechanics and try to generalize this game as another mmorpg/strategy game. It's really not hard at all. That being said, decrease the d-tech resource price on optimization to 25. 50 is tough for great players and I can imagine it's hell for mediocre players, I meant casual players. Perhaps drop them with challenging missions? This is the same scenario when you introduced Pheonix Credits. 1-3 dropped per boss in the earlier days of division. Forced the police station farming... Unethical farming lol.