PDA

View Full Version : Offline Skins

AztekWrath
06-25-2004, 12:27 AM
Is there any way to apply skins to 109's while on offline play?

AztekWrath
06-25-2004, 12:27 AM
Is there any way to apply skins to 109's while on offline play?

bweiss
06-25-2004, 06:06 AM
You mean for single play? Sure, you can either edit the mission files, squadron file, or use one of the 3rd party managers. DCG, QMT, Stab, or IL2Manager, which all have a skin manager design of some sort. I use DCG to handle my dynamic campaigns so I just use it to change the skins. If your not familiar with editing the files, I would advise getting one of the managers above and use that to get you started.

Skycat_2
06-25-2004, 09:07 AM
Your question needs clarification: which version of the game are you playing?

If you're playing the 'original' version of IL-2, you can't apply custom skins in normal offline play. You can, however, try out skin repaints in an offline mode by flying on a multiplayer map (you'll be alone however).

"IL-2: Forgotten Battles" (the upgraded generation of "IL-2 Sturmovik") added the feature to fly custom skins in offline missions and campaigns. In fact, in the QMB mode you can easily select a unique skin for every plane you put into the mission, and even choose individual pilot faces for each fighter plane. Typically, in single missions and career campaign you can only customize your own aircraft through the menu interface; I believe some advanced understanding of mission editing may allow you to 'repaint' other planes in the mission however.

With any version of IL-2, for offline use you must first save your 'repaint' skins into the proper folder in the Paint Schemes / Aircraft subfolder in your "IL-2 Sturmovik" main folder.