PDA

View Full Version : Because not everyone reads the announcements board

CandleInTheDark
12-12-2017, 08:52 PM
Figured I would leave this here

Greetings Warriors!

Since July, when we announced For Honor would be moving from its Peer-to-Peer infrastructure to a Dedicated Servers model, our development team has been working tirelessly to implement the system youíve been hoping for. Weíve already performed hundreds of hours of testing internally and externally, and now are ready to take the next step. So begins our Open Test, a 4 day long, multi-platform stress test happening simultaneously on all platforms, including Steam. You donít even need to own For Honor to participate in putting our new architecture to the test, so tell your friends!

Official Open Test Dates:

Preload: December 13th @ 13:00 UTC (8:00 EST)
Test Start: December 14th @ 13:00 UTC (8:00 EST)
Test End: December 18th @ 01:00 UTC (December 17th 20:00 EST)

If you were planning on playing For Honor this weekend, we highly suggest downloading the Open Test build and playing there. Weíve established a number of rewards (http://ubi.li/rvd8y (http://static2.ubi.com/pxm/ForHonor/FH_DS_rewards_infographics_v5_new.jpg)) which will grant you more Steel and Crates than you could earn in the same time in the main game. There will also be a number of physical swag rewards going out to lucky winners*, so donít miss this!

The For Honor Open Test Raffle is open only to legal residents of USA, Canada (including Quebec), Australia, Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, UK, Ireland, Italy, France, Germany, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden, China, Japan, and Russia who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry, and is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, municipal, territorial and local laws, directives and regulations.

We canít wait to continue For Honorís evolution with Dedicated Servers. Your feedback brought us here, now help us get over the finish line!

-The For Honor Development Team

Get all the answers to your questions in our FAQ here: http://ubi.li/q6fqd (http://ubi.li/q6fqd)

ShonM93
12-12-2017, 09:10 PM
Thx for posting it here!

Tundra 793
12-12-2017, 09:31 PM
Damn this forum would be lost without you Candle, thanks for posting it here.

I haven't been this excited about For Honor since the night before it launched. Even the rewards are all pretty awesome. I'd actually genuinely love a Feast of the Otherworld poster.

A quick snippet from the FAQ, in case no one bothers to read it, but it is pretty important;

This Open Test will support 40,000 concurrent players per platform. If this threshold is exceeded, all players attempting to connect to the game will be prompted with the "Ubisoft services are unavailable" error message until new slots become available. This imposed limit is set up to ensure that all players experiencing our Open Test will have the best possible experience.

bob333e
12-12-2017, 10:03 PM
Thanks for forwarding this here for the others, Candle!

@Tundra793 thanks for this, wasn't aware the limit is 40,000 per platform, but still.... 40,000... kinda hard to reach on day one of the test phase, it'll probably peak on saturday, and maybe half of sunday.

Still, those rewards are very encouraging. I'm looking forward to spending my weekend on For Honor.

Devils-_-legacy
12-12-2017, 10:17 PM
I cant wait 😀

Tundra 793
12-12-2017, 11:12 PM
Question for the Ubi folks; The pictures of the signed rewards only show "For Honor" written in shiny gold, but who actually does the signing?

I mean, it just says "For Honor", for all we know you guys had the janitor write it.

brashtralas
12-12-2017, 11:30 PM
Good news. Excited to try it out.

Hereís to hoping for a better for honor!

Tundra 793
12-14-2017, 01:32 AM
Thanks for forwarding this here for the others, Candle!

@Tundra793 thanks for this, wasn't aware the limit is 40,000 per platform, but still.... 40,000... kinda hard to reach on day one of the test phase, it'll probably peak on saturday, and maybe half of sunday.

I'll be pleasently surprised if those 40,000 slots can get filled up consistently, it'll be a nice showcase of For Honor's activety.

Another fun fact, apparently there's a Community Order going along with the test event, play a set number of target matches per platform.

660,000 matches for PC, 1,500,000 for PS4 and surprisingly, 1,710,000 for Xbox One. I always assumed PS4 was the most populous flatform. I suppose it gives us an estimate for how big the playerbase still is too.

D-d0g56
12-14-2017, 01:52 AM
Those rewards are insane. They really want people to grind the crap out of those servers.

bob333e
12-14-2017, 01:56 AM
I'll be pleasently surprised if those 40,000 slots can get filled up consistently, it'll be a nice showcase of For Honor's activety.

Another fun fact, apparently there's a Community Order going along with the test event, play a set number of target matches per platform.

660,000 matches for PC, 1,500,000 for PS4 and surprisingly, 1,710,000 for Xbox One. I always assumed PS4 was the most populous flatform. I suppose it gives us an estimate for how big the playerbase still is too.

Hm, doubt it has mostly to do with the actual playerbase; you see, the Open Test Version is available to everyone, even those who haven't played For Honor and have never owned the game, plus those who played during Free Weekend then did not buy the actual game afterwards.

But yeah, to peak at 40,000 per platform is still hard as-is. If this ever happens, I, too, will be impressed; and I'll be waiting no longer than 10secs per matchmaking to find a duel. Woohoo. On the downside, most players we will be facing are likely people who have never ever owned the game, will mindlessly press buttons, won't have some solid training, and will probably give birth to a truckload of trolling/salty kid/rage compilation videos on YouTube from many streamers etc. This is gonna be fun to witness ahaha.

Looks like I'm hands-full this weekend! daily orders + contract orders on main game, target orders on Open Test Version, community event on Open Test Version... that's quite a lot to fulfill, keeping me busy in For Honor!

Tundra 793
12-14-2017, 06:08 PM
Hm, doubt it has mostly to do with the actual playerbase; you see, the Open Test Version is available to everyone, even those who haven't played For Honor and have never owned the game, plus those who played during Free Weekend then did not buy the actual game afterwards.

Heh, and of course on the Den they just announced that the Xbox One match target was a typo, it's actually 1,100,000 matches, not 1,7. PS4 is still at 1,500,000.

bob333e
12-14-2017, 06:21 PM
Heh, and of course on the Den they just announced that the Xbox One match target was a typo, it's actually 1,100,000 matches, not 1,7. PS4 is still at 1,500,000.

PS4 became highest target? where are all those players.... I meet, like, the same dude 5-6 times within 20mins in Duel. And that's when I select 'Find another opponent'.

It'll actually be a miracle if it peaks at 40,000 on PS4.