PDA

View Full Version : Tribute same team griefers...

Tobias96716
12-12-2017, 01:07 AM
Can you please make it to where friendly fire does not stop you from planting a totem? also please make it to where friendly fire does not make you drop the totems as well...just had a match where a teammate kept hitting people planting and picking up totems so he could pick it up and get the points...really annoying....

UbiInsulin
12-12-2017, 01:16 AM
Can you please make it to where friendly fire does not stop you from planting a totem? also please make it to where friendly fire does not make you drop the totems as well...just had a match where a teammate kept hitting people planting and picking up totems so he could pick it up and get the points...really annoying....

Sorry to hear that this occurred, Tobias. That definitely does sound vulnerable to griefing, so I'll make sure to send this suggestion to the team.

bob333e
12-12-2017, 01:22 AM
Friendly fire in Tribute was also discussed here: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1796612-Flag-drop-from-friendly-fire-in-tribute

I know it's annoying especially when doing Tribute for orders; however, imagine the incessant amount of trolling a player can do, if he can pick up an offering and only the enemy team can make him drop it. For instance, he could just run around, or stand near a shrine but not plant the offering, etc.

Another issue would be, players who get stuck in a spot in the map, unable to get out of it (happened with me on PS4 and happened with several others on PC). If you're carrying an offering and your team cannot make you drop it, this is a very bad situation.

Another member also mentioned in the above thread that one time while he had an offering and running for the shrine, his controller died and he was glad someone from his team hit him to take the offering, otherwise he'd have wasted time for his team, and the enemy team would have grabbed the offering.

Additionally, imagine bots bugging out in PvAI Tribute (or PvP with a bot having replaced a ragequitter/disconnecter) and when a same team bot picks up an offering and you cannot hit the bot for the offering, it all just amounts into frustration. Bots often run in circles rather than heading straight towards a shrine.

However I agree that friendly fire should be negated during the planting animation. This should only be interrupted by enemy attacks.

Mia.Nora
12-12-2017, 01:29 AM
I blame the idiotic orders that encourage and enforce that behaviour.

There are orders that require people to plant 20 tributes, or even worse plant 8 in the same match. Of course people will do **** like that as long as those orders remain in cycle.

Alustar.exe
12-12-2017, 01:32 AM

There are orders that require people to plant 20 tributes, or even worse plant 8 in the same match. Of course people will do **** like that as long as those orders remain in cycle.

Can we blame the players for **** for once? The orders didn't make some one act like an ***, you don't need help if you are already a ****.

Mia.Nora
12-12-2017, 01:39 AM
Can we blame the players for **** for once? The orders didn't make some one act like an ***, you don't need help if you are already a ****.

No not really. People do the **** OP complains about in Tribute if they have to do those orders, because developers made that behaviour to be in their best interest.

A good developer is responsible for aligning best interest of players with the best interest of team benefits. FH team is just a bunch of amateurs learning how to do their job on the job.

bob333e
12-12-2017, 01:46 AM

Do these orders in PvAI. Much less frustrations. And zero risks of disconnects.

Vakris_One
12-12-2017, 02:45 AM
That's where I do the 8 tributes in one game order or any other order where I'd have to be a nuisance to other players in order to complete it. It's just common courtesy to not be a **** to fellow players, especially when there's a perfectly usable bot mode that now also counts for all orders.

ChampionRuby50g
12-12-2017, 03:01 AM

Not when the entire enemy team are level 3 bots. That makes it easier to do it against players tbh.
But Alustar, this is a player and order problem. If the orders didn't require such a large armount of offerings in one match, players would not be incited to FF in order to get their orders done. It still happens when there are revive orders done, players will happily strike another team mate reviving someone to get it themselves.

bob333e
12-12-2017, 03:03 AM
That's where I do the 8 tributes in one game order or any other order where I'd have to be a nuisance to other players in order to complete it. It's just common courtesy to not be a **** to fellow players, especially when there's a perfectly usable bot mode that now also counts for all orders.

Exactly my point. It goes both ways. You do not harass other players to complete your own orders, and other players do not harass you to complete their own ones. Ubisoft allowed PvAI to validate orders for a number of reasons, and this is a good one, if not the biggest one. Add to that, zero risk of disconnects and resyncs. And of course, zero emotion impact. Bots don't feel salt when you go repeatedly throw a bot off a ledge to score a kill or something.

bob333e
12-12-2017, 03:05 AM
Not when the entire enemy team are level 3 bots. That makes it easier to do it against players tbh.
But Alustar, this is a player and order problem. If the orders didn't require such a large armount of offerings in one match, players would not be incited to FF in order to get their orders done. It still happens when there are revive orders done, players will happily strike another team mate reviving someone to get it themselves.

Yeah, I get you. Level 3 bots can pose a challenge. Though I'd rather deal with 1 disadvantage (level 3 bots in PvAI), than a dozen disadvantages (normal PvP). During order completion, that is. Especially when I have to pick a hero I am not adept at, to complete a certain order.

Should Ubisoft finally implement manual AI difficulty selection in PvAI, that will make PvAI orders have zero disadvantage.

Tobias96716
12-12-2017, 03:22 AM
i just hope they turn off friendly fire griefing

Ackturi
12-12-2017, 03:46 AM
They should reflect dmg back to you if you hit a teammate imo. Just give them the dmg for hitting a teammate that'll stop all FF griefing and make you be more aware of hitting your team.

But even so, Giving the order to claim 8 in 1 match.... WHEN YOU WANT TO WIN.... is just prolonging a match and giving more risk to losing since they have to steal in order for you to get it again.

That's just freaking ridiculous I won't complete order unless I let them have a chance at winning?