PDA

View Full Version : Who do you Main and Why?

Archo-Vax
12-10-2017, 12:31 AM
Mine is Shugoki. Been my favorite since launch. Been a Knight since launch, too- weirdly.

I have a deep respect for people with hidden or unexpected strength that they keep in reserve. Not boasting, not overconfident. Merely secure in one's own abilities. To me, the Shugoki represents that. He doesn't look strong, and he'd probably look like easy pickings to the uninitiated. Like real life sumo wrestlers, however, he possesses an immense amount of strength and willpower. Enough to power through any obstacles and causally crush the competition.

The way he plays, I like to think, is the same why I fight in Minor League Boxing matches. A Slugger like George Foreman. A fighter that doesn't employ flashy moves or needlessly effort-intensive maneuvers- who doesn't bother trying to confuse or fake-out the opponent. There's something simplistically admirable in the idea of simply punching through the opponent, rather than having to shock or surprise to achieve something.

When playing as Shugoki, the satisfaction comes from effortlessly crushing people. With patience and good timing, and with some amount of risk-taking in his Hyper-Armor, you can render your opponents' efforts moot. I love the sensation of being able to stand stock-still and say to the pissant on the other end of the TV screen: "No, you move. You take the first shot. See how it goes for you. Or, just run. Not like I care, either way". Being able to display apathy while reducing an opponent's skull to dust is utterly euphoric.

I like to imagine that the opponent's heart skips a beat whenever I Guard-Break upon losing Hyper-Armor, catching him when he least wants to be caught.

Hormly
12-10-2017, 12:36 AM
I dont main, I 'only'

http://i66.tinypic.com/xpycf4.jpg

Because Im crazy

Ackturi
12-10-2017, 01:06 AM
I've been trying to play shugoki I just get punished so hard in 4s for GBing or even attacking unless everyone is on the ground from revenge.

Orochi is fun but limited imo.

Zerk I haven't really touched in a long time.

Shinobi I stopped playing since S4.

Aramusha and Shaman were just to get the gear in case they do correct balancing.

Nobushi is a long lost dream.

LB is for bomb cheese because it's so strong.

PK is for .... wait idk why i even played her.

HL was at the beginning of that season before I stopped playing til close to S4 lol.

I decided not to play the other knights because I don't want to play knights because I like being more of the underdog.

https://i.imgur.com/gtpUqs3.png

ChampionRuby50g
12-10-2017, 01:06 AM
I main the Lawbringer, although I'm always going to be a Viking at heart.

Why? To me there isn't a hero as intimidating or threatening that the LB. He would be someone you look to on a battlefield to rally around, be able to hold back hordes of enemies to give his allies a chance, stand on a bridge alone killing foe after foe. (Battle of Stamford bridge anyone?)

The sight alone of a Lawbringer walking slowly towards you with his poleaxe in hand is enough to make any seasoned warrior shake in fear, as he towers above you in full plate mail. I like to think the Lawbringer enjoys combat, as he chuckles deeply when choking you with his armoured fists.

CandleInTheDark
12-10-2017, 01:12 AM
I main the peacekeeper, she was mine before I ever knew anything of tier lists or capabilities because dual wield sword and dagger is very much my thing in fighting games, D&D I am the dual wield rogue, Star Wars I am rocking a long sabre and a short one, if I played Dark Souls I am fairly certain I would have found myself with a longsword, a dagger and some throwing knives, so peacekeeper is my general style. Add knight and assassin and that is pretty much every play fighting game I played ever when I was a kid mixed into one.

In truth though, over time 'main' has become less and less relevant. I am a 4v4 player and like to be well rounded, currently I am rep level 50 all in all, my peacekeeper is rep 9, I have warden, nobushi, conqueror and valkyrie at rep 7, those five are my dominion picks when I am playing somewhat competitively. I then have berserker and shinobi at rep 4, gladiator rep 3 shaman rep 2 and I am about two thirds the way to getting kensei to rep 1. When dedicated servers come in I will be looking to get some if not all of those to 7 then likely move on to lawbringer and centurion to round out the knights and see if I feel like looking at the rest, that outside of dominion and playing whichever of my core five my team needs when I am not on the grind.

bmason1000
12-10-2017, 01:51 AM
I dont main, I 'only'

http://i66.tinypic.com/xpycf4.jpg

Because Im crazy
I'm the same way. I've got a handful of levels in each viking because someone picked berserker first a few times. It makes me very angry. My record is tarnished!

CandleInTheDark
12-10-2017, 01:52 AM
I'm the same way. I've got a handful of levels in each viking because someone picked berserker first a few times. It makes me very angry. My record is tarnished!

I am the opposite of the two of you lol, I suspect if I play long enough I will have all the characters in top level gear, though likely the heavies last, I tend to prefer speed to power.

bmason1000
12-10-2017, 01:56 AM
I am the opposite of the two of you lol, I suspect if I play long enough I will have all the characters in top level gear, though likely the heavies last, I tend to prefer speed to power.

Yeah, if i could undo the 4 - 6 levels i have in other characters I'd be very happy. As long as none of them get repped though I'll be all right. If i saw a 41 next to my name I'd be ashamed.

Hormly
12-10-2017, 02:32 AM

You have tarnished your career with non only's 😤 you cant be part of our secret club now!

ChampionRuby50g
12-10-2017, 03:15 AM

I was the same at the start of the game, I mained Valkyrie to rep 12 or so, before eventually branching out to LB (2nd main) then other Vikings or Knights. Like Candle, i doubt I'll do heavies anytime soon, but I have 106 Reps between the rest of Vikings and Knights. To this day I haven't got a single level on a Samurai, and I probably never will.

Vordred
12-10-2017, 04:02 AM
i don't main really. though currently have been mostly playing Highlander and Aramusha.

but my general rule is to wait and see what my team picks, and then pick whats missing or needed. (unless doing orders for a specific character)

think i'm roughly at Warden 10, Conq 9, Lawbringer 8, Highlander 7, Berserker 5, Aramusha 4, Raider 1, Kensei 1

grossbelly
12-10-2017, 05:40 AM
I maim Valk because she doesn't need any fancy tricks or strategies. She's quick and precise much like myself. Don't have do so any fancy jumping around or utilize weird metas and stuff. Just run, poke, block, win. She's most like other fighting games I'm used to.

My 2nd is Highlander for overall balance and he's the funnest for me to play Dominion with. Lots of fun with him and his attack stance lights.

JadeBosson.
12-10-2017, 08:06 AM
yah know the one with the weapon yea them that's who I main

Knight_Raime
12-10-2017, 01:06 PM
If we go by reps purely i'd still be a centurion main.
But if we want to go with main meaning who we jive with the most i'd say aramusha.

His whole everything looks wise is my jam. Added with how he feels. He applies pressure with sheer volume of attacks. But it's not overwhelming. Someone with a cool head can stop the onslaught before it begins. He's all about those mind games. And blade blockade is just.. ugh. I love it and what I think it was designed for. To me he takes what I wanted from kensei and warden/highlander. That being he's about the mix up like kensei is just with better speed. And blade blockade which makes me feel like crushing counter that those 2 have. but with options instead of just a high damage move.

In truth I do really miss my centurion. I'm a huge fan of roman/greek stuff. And the idea that we have an arrogant roman who literally punches/kicks people and showboats is just...yes.
I just absolutely hate how he plays. He really needs a retooling of his kit. (the cutscene should stay some how.)

my 2 "side" heros that compliment my aramusha play would likely be PK/zerk and bushi/shin. PK lets me be aggressive and apply constant threat with easy access bleed. Zerk lets me mind game really well on parry happy people and HA trades just feel sexy af. Bushi is really the opposite. I like her because her moveset is all about finnese. She plays so differently compared to the rest of the cast even after a full year of heros. She can flip from being careful and quick passive jabs to killing you in a few hits with such grace. Shin i've grown to like. I used to really hate how boring he kind of plays. But after learning some cool mix ups (not guaranteed ones mind you) he's starting to feel a lot more fun. Him I like purely for the mobility.

THAMONK5
12-10-2017, 11:48 PM
I main conquer i know he needs a rework but i really like him iv been playing him from the alpha. I am a knight iv had a we go of the other knights but thats it no vikings or samurai. Conquer at heart.

bob333e
12-11-2017, 12:51 AM
Mine is Shugoki. Been my favorite since launch. Been a Knight since launch, too- weirdly.

I have a deep respect for people with hidden or unexpected strength that they keep in reserve. Not boasting, not overconfident. Merely secure in one's own abilities. To me, the Shugoki represents that. He doesn't look strong, and he'd probably look like easy pickings to the uninitiated. Like real life sumo wrestlers, however, he possesses an immense amount of strength and willpower. Enough to power through any obstacles and causally crush the competition.

The way he plays, I like to think, is the same why I fight in Minor League Boxing matches. A Slugger like George Foreman. A fighter that doesn't employ flashy moves or needlessly effort-intensive maneuvers- who doesn't bother trying to confuse or fake-out the opponent. There's something simplistically admirable in the idea of simply punching through the opponent, rather than having to shock or surprise to achieve something.

When playing as Shugoki, the satisfaction comes from effortlessly crushing people. With patience and good timing, and with some amount of risk-taking in his Hyper-Armor, you can render your opponents' efforts moot. I love the sensation of being able to stand stock-still and say to the pissant on the other end of the TV screen: "No, you move. You take the first shot. See how it goes for you. Or, just run. Not like I care, either way". Being able to display apathy while reducing an opponent's skull to dust is utterly euphoric.

I like to imagine that the opponent's heart skips a beat whenever I Guard-Break upon losing Hyper-Armor, catching him when he least wants to be caught.

We were the backbone of order and justice in the olden days of yonder.

We were the harbingers of peace and civilization. And we were protective of ourselves like feral wolves.

We settled Mankind when Mankind only faced chaos and fear.

We drove savages and monsters alike away from the lands with vicious force. We welcomed all tribe, clan, village of race and belief, under our protection.

We defended the weak. We fought for a purpose. We believed in a peaceful future.

We unified Men. We built history.

Today we are but dust and bone of our golden days of yore. Crumbled to ash, yet we never falter. Forever lone wolves, forever guardian-pilgrims of these lands.

Forever shall we be remembered, for our legacy will serve as example for eons to come.

We are the Wardens.

(Deus vults quietly in corner)

Baturai
12-11-2017, 12:53 AM
50%Orochi My Baby. Rep 17
30% Warden My Opener Rep 8
10% Pk My Cheesy hero Punisher true Assassin. Rep 5
10% Kensei My Orochi in slowmotion Rep 3

interestingly i did the Autosomal Dna heritage test. The % are almost the same lol

i am 50% caucasian West asian
30% Central Asian
15% Northafrican
5% Siberian

My ethnicity is Turkish lol

our choices in game, pretty much resembles our Characters maybe even Heritage.

Helnekromancer
12-11-2017, 01:24 AM
https://i.imgur.com/yHHWPT0.jpg

I'm a big fan of the Samurai, so I try to atleast play all of them to a considerate amount. But my favorite is Nobushi. I really like Naginatas that don't get enough play in video games. So when I knew this game was having a Naginata user nothing could take me away from using it.

I also really like Valkyrie and I played abit of Conq and Glad just for those orders that needed a Knight.

If I could say who I main I would say I'm a solid Nobushi main and if she is picked I go Valkyrie and when you get down to it, I really just like Long-ranged characters. I know I'm probably in the minority but I love the old rivalry of long range vs short range match up of "Can I keep you at bay or can you find a way in." And playing off that aspect.

If feels so good to successfully land that hidden stance after being constantly bombarded by attacks and quickly turn the tide of the fight into your favor especially those fast lights. :)

Alustar.
12-11-2017, 01:58 AM
I run a few characters regularly, but my bread and butter will always be assassins. I sync best with dual wielding fighters with an emphasis on dexterity and agility. I like the quick hit and run tactics and the ability to maneuver around the battlefield, as well as well as my opponent. It's like dancing to me. And the more the merrier. I love group fights with myself at the disadvantage. There's no greater feeling the l than scoring that deciding multi-parry/deflect that sets whey opponent back to reevaluate their decisions, then popping revenge and handling business.
I really enjoy do or die situations, even though I'm going down, I'm taking somebody with me.

Charmzzz
12-11-2017, 09:11 AM
Rep 40 PK
Rep 16 Warden
Rep 8 Gladiator

I just fell in love with PK on first sight. I was always that Assassin player and I preferred the Knights over every other Faction as I am from Central Europe, obviously she was my first choice. Warden and Gladiator are picks when my team does not have any Characters with unblockable melee moves. I really want to play a Heavy - but all of them are so cheesy atm. :/

D3dicatedSrv3rz
12-11-2017, 10:13 AM
PK when i just want to win and need a pick me up
Warden when i want to play by the rules
Kensei when i want a challenge and am feeling classy

PDXGorechild
12-11-2017, 10:22 AM
Berserker, cause he's the only one that feels right.

The flow of his attacks, the fluidity, the movement, the savagery.

Also always had a bit of a temper problem and related to characters that "Go Berserk".

If anyone's guessed where my name is from you'll also know it's an ancient axe wielded by a Berserker in the 41st century...

Orisoll
12-11-2017, 11:45 AM
I have to go with the Lawbringer. The honorable and deadly, yet good-humored knight. His armor looks badass -- except for the conspicuous lack of greaves, but I like to think there's at least some kind of padding under those tacky medieval jeans. His emotes and executions are all either frighteningly brutal or downright goofy, which is a juxtaposition I can't get enough of. Being the child of a cop I'm naturally drawn to the lawful good archetype, and Lawbringers fit that to a T.

In terms of gameplay, using him doesn't make me feel like a dirty cheese-spamming meta slave, but he's not so underpowered that it's impossible to win. His playstyle is very reactive, which is something I actually like. I enjoy the long stare-downs while my opponent and I circle each other, sizing one another up. There's also something to be said for his ability to put a devastating combo onto unsuspecting players who think they can just dodge around and whittle you down with light attacks. Eating up most of an assassin's health bar in one savage string of throws, shoves, pokes, and chops never gets old.

TL;DR - Lawbringer, for that v e r s a t i l e poleaxe.

Vakris_One
12-11-2017, 12:17 PM
I like a few heroes but Kensei has always been the character that fits me like a glove both in terms of playstyle and the way he carries himself. A quiet confidence, never seeking to show off. He walks in like a stoic warrior, does his business, cracks some skulls then just walks right back out.

In terms of Rep my character list goes like this:
Kensei - rep 21
Highlander - rep 11
Orochi - rep 5
Aramusha - rep 4
Valkyrie - rep 3
Warden - rep 3
Peacekeeper - rep 2
Conqueror - rep 1

Archo-Vax
12-11-2017, 09:37 PM
Berserkers don't really go "berserk", do they? They just... occasionally bite their axes and go Super Saiyan for 30 seconds.

Tundra 793
12-11-2017, 09:42 PM
Berserkers don't really go "berserk", do they? They just... occasionally bite their axes and go Super Saiyan for 30 seconds.

Shaman and Aramusha feels way more "berserk" than the Berserker does.

He's my main, but it does feel odd that other heroes live up to his name way better.

Howard_T_J
12-11-2017, 10:59 PM
I only orochi. And I think berserker should be a hard counter to aramusha. That hyper armor with trading blows

Devils-_-legacy
12-11-2017, 11:11 PM
Really it's who ever takes my fancy at the time I'm mainly assassin but seem to favour the samurai
Kensi rep 7
Shug rep 6
Orichi rep 7
Nobushi rep 1 (only one I can't stand to play)
Shinobi rep 18 (I mained the most)
Amusha rep 6
Raider rep 7
Warlord rep 2
Beserker rep 7
Valk rep 7
Warden rep 2
Conquer rep 7
Peacekeeper rep 1
Lawbringer rep 1
Cent rep 1
The rest Ive only played once

PDXGorechild
12-12-2017, 10:31 AM

Well in terms of his style, he's more Berserk than most classes. Hyper armoured infinite combo, fast spinning and leaping attacks, big damage top heavies etc.

Shaman and Aramusha feels way more "berserk" than the Berserker does.

He's my main, but it does feel odd that other heroes live up to his name way better.

But yes he could be more Berserk. I've mentioned before my frustration with the 2 new classes as a Berserker. Shaman has a similar look and style just even more aggressive, the Aramashu stole our combo and made it more annoying and difficult to block. Feels like a bit of a mug-off from Ubi really.

Sitting tight for that rework...

I only orochi. And I think berserker should be a hard counter to aramusha. That hyper armor with trading blows

He really isn't though. At all.

vgrimr_J
12-12-2017, 11:22 AM
i have been always more of a mix between knights and vikings

- lawbringer 33
- warden 14
- berzerker 14
- raider 14
-centurion 9
- pk 8
- orochi 6
- shinobi 5
- highlander 3
- gladiator 3
- nobushi 2

PanzerShrekonin
12-12-2017, 12:38 PM
I know what you're thinking. Shrek has to play the Shugoki right? Well, Before cent came out, I did almost play only the Shugoki.... but....

For me, Its hard to choose. Ive told myself I'd quit the Centurion. I find him to be pretty terrible against most match ups, and his kit is lack luster.... but I can't do it.

I absolutely love my Centurion in my heart. It's literally the one class that I resonate with hard core. Raider is the other. I love Roman and Greek Mythology and Warfare, and honestly, if there was a Spartan in here, i'd play him and the Centurion, but we all know that Spartans would never come. Everyone would play them and all the classes would be forgotten. HAH.

Anyways, I like Centurion because like the dude way above said. He showboats around and is cocky AF. He radiates confidence to me. Maybe its my lack of confidence IRL but I aspire to be a man like the Centurion...

So yea the Centurion is my main with Rep 7 rank 14((IM REALLY EXCITED FOR THE BLACK ARMOR))

Oh yea, speaking of, I like his armor styles. I love the scale armor with the Skull helmet and the crest on top of his head. I even have his "Paint" to be black and gray, so the Centurion crest above his head is black....

Just really sick looking.

bananaflow2017
12-12-2017, 12:51 PM
I main valk. Just love her mixups and to outplay my enemy with big combos.
Also I like supporting my team with her.

Jansen5
12-12-2017, 04:43 PM
Mine is Valkyrie, getting away from those spin attack spammers Valkyrie is a great Hybrid to use in Dominion. Given her high stamina pool and ability to basically heal herself even more (Execution+ Perks). She is one you want on your side keeping an objective safe. Now you shouldn't leave her alone, but again. Due to being a hybrid she can easily be partnered with most. I found my best friend usually is a Warlord or a Warden, they are able to get the attention of the heavy hitters so Valkyrie can work on the others. Of course I have better chances when actually communicating, her combos aren't very damage heavy but it leaves room for some switch ups to keep enemies on their toes.

Claudius_Katt
12-12-2017, 10:01 PM
Highlander is my absolute favorite followed closely by Shugoki,
Iím also enjoy Gladiator and Shaman,
Gladiator cause the colour scheme and outfit I got her in makes her look like a vegas showgirl and Shaman cause I love the feral little womans weird animations and the executions she has are awesome,
Just want em to nerf her a bit so I can take her out of PVE and not be drowned in salt.

AkenoKobayashi
12-12-2017, 10:08 PM
When I started, I mained the Orochi. (Closed beta, open beta, and a quarter of S1) but eventually I gravitated to the Kensei. I'm Rep 22 with him now, highest of all my Samurai. (Shugoki 15, Orochi 12, Nobushi 11, Shinobi 4, Aramusha 3) You could say that I main the Samurai, since I had a habit of grinding each of the original roster up to the same Rep level before I took off with Kensei, but I would say I prefer Samurai, but main the Kensei.

UbiJurassic
12-12-2017, 11:10 PM
This is a fantastic thread, Archo-Vax!

I started For Honor as a Peacekeeper main on both PC and PS4, well before she became the Saltkeeper. Eventually, I moved over to Gladiator, who is now currently my main for both platforms. I do, however, really enjoy playing Shinobi though.

In general, I think I chose the heroes because I've always had an inclination towards assassin/rouge-like characters.With the Peacekeeper in particular, I liked the concept of dual bladed combat on a hero. I've also always been drawn a playstyle that synergizes well with dodging as opposed to blocking, which made assassins all the more appealing. For Gladiator, I've always been a big Roman culture and Latin nerd. Centurion didn't quite scratch that itch for me, but Gladiator having an iconic trident did. Finally, Shinobi has just been good fun to play with. It's nice to run around with my arms behind me without being judged. My coworkers aren't fond of me doing it around the office. :rolleyes:

bsg3003
12-14-2017, 12:24 AM
With 22 reps, Peacekeeper is my main by far. She has a deadly elegance about her with the way she is able to pick her spots inflicting bleeds and quickly backing out before an opponent can respond.

Is she cheesy? Yeah, if you try and use her lights to trade, but IMO thatís no using PK to her fullest potential. I use her to befuddle enemies. Iíll throw a quick light out there to stop an attack, feint the end of a chain into a bleed, and back away knowing my opponent is seething, wanting to obliterate my tiny little PK. Once they start throwing wild attacks, or start trying to press, thatís when I go in for deflects.

Amidst all the hate and nerfs sheís received sheís still my favorite hero by far!

Benji28613
12-14-2017, 11:08 AM
I mained Conqueror from the beginning. The reason was that during the first matches I played I got my *** handed to me by a conq so I was like "I'm gonna main that it seems good".

After reaching rep 15 I switches right away to Lawbringer. Lawbringer is so fun to play as there is so many ways to mixup his combos and the faint game is really strong.

My list goes something like this:
Conqueror rep 16
Lawbringer rep 12
Raider rep 8
Shugoki rep 3
Kensei rep 3
Shaman rep 2
Shinobi rep 1

SwellChemosabe
12-14-2017, 05:28 PM
Berserker is bae.

I main zerker for three reasons:

1: He's fast
2: He hits hard
3: He's an underdog

Much like my brother assassins on these forums I favor speed and agility over high HP and high damage. How many people do you see playing berserker these days? Of all the games i have i've run into maybe 1 or 2 in an entire day of gameplay.

He's not easy to play and even harder to master. All of his moves rely on reaction to be successful but you can't just turtle up with him, that's not how he operates. You gotta be aggressive, borderline suicidal, going into every fight. His feint and mix up game is great and may the gods of valkenheim have mercy on your soul if you get deflected by him.

Berserker represents, in my mind, what a fight is all about: you just have to do whatever you can to win and make sure your opponents stay down, fighting tooth and nail to the finish, you got.to.get.BERSERK!!

SwellChemosabe
12-14-2017, 05:42 PM
Sorry, computer is being weird, didn't mean to post twice

High-Horse
12-14-2017, 05:51 PM
Berserker since launch. She floats like butterfly and stings like bear. There's not much to do against turtles except to keep clubbing their guard and feinting everything until you find what they want to parry. It's like trying to open a can of beans with a hatchet, but damn if it isn't fun trying sometimes.

She's got the mobility to keep up with other speedy heroes, and the armor and strength to slug it out toe-to-toe with the heavy weights. Now finally I got a boxer's execution, and my life is complete.

Please don't change Berserker too much, she just needs some openers and some more moveset synergy and she'll be perfect! Rep 8.

ETA: Kensei is my other squeeze. Similar playstyle, but more patient and precise. Very difficult to open up turtles again, but if I can exploit their mind, they don't stand a chance. Rep 2.

Nobushi and Glad are close thirds, and they are just as similar to each other as Kensei/Berserker are to each other, imo. Nobushi is calculated with recovery cancels and feinting retreats. Gladiator is just so full of options, you can hear the enemy's mind sizzling as you run through the entire kit, seemingly at random. Both have range, but like Kenny and Zerker, one is patient as the other is hotheaded. Bushi is Rep 1 and Glad is Rep 2.

Total Rep 13, filthy casul. I'm on PC NA if you wanna fight me.

Arekonator
12-14-2017, 05:59 PM
Lawbringer for his aesthetics, powerfull memes and combat flow.
Also because he fuels my choking fetish.

JeansenVaars
12-14-2017, 05:59 PM
super hard question, I play a little bit of everything...

1. Gladiator is super fun, lots of mix ups and super fast dodging and stuns
2. Nobushi, venom is hazardous :O Dodging with hidden stance makes you feel youre in the matrix
3. Highlander makes you feel you hit hard, until you get parried :P
4. Valkyrie makes me feel I can do 1vs3 easily
5. A mixup of those I play a few times.. Centurion, Kensei and Shinobi (noobs hate it)

Rye.Bread.
12-14-2017, 06:22 PM
Conqueror for sure. Played since beta but since I don't always have time to play alot I'm Rep 7, and that's my highest rep tier, everything else is either rep 1-2 or unrepped. I tend to be methodical, and disdain spammy behavior because in real life that would just get you killed. The turtle wins the race! I think a small image gallery will go a long way to explain how I feel.
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/5f/5f96b43c373e9ee929d23d335db3670c51ba29c084cac46cd1 66d97b0b8c9474.jpghttps://imageproxy.ifcdn.com/crop:x-20,resize:320x,crop:x800,quality:90x75/images/667bc4f840608cae87b4f43af4dce39caa2c66dfd8ea5cdf69 3b71b2df20f505_1.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/7lZfHw1.png
I've always been a knights player and never defected factions. I'll occasionally play non-knight heroes but usually don't. (sometimes viking and almost never samurai.) I am the wall, I will not move from this control point NAY IT SHALL BE THEE.

NHLGoldenKnight
12-15-2017, 05:25 AM
This is a fantastic thread, Archo-Vax!

I started For Honor as a Peacekeeper main on both PC and PS4, well before she became the Saltkeeper. Eventually, I moved over to Gladiator, who is now currently my main for both platforms. I do, however, really enjoy playing Shinobi though.

In general, I think I chose the heroes because I've always had an inclination towards assassin/rouge-like characters.With the Peacekeeper in particular, I liked the concept of dual bladed combat on a hero. I've also always been drawn a playstyle that synergizes well with dodging as opposed to blocking, which made assassins all the more appealing. For Gladiator, I've always been a big Roman culture and Latin nerd. Centurion didn't quite scratch that itch for me, but Gladiator having an iconic trident did. Finally, Shinobi has just been good fun to play with. It's nice to run around with my arms behind me without being judged. My coworkers aren't fond of me doing it around the office. :rolleyes:

Well, don't get me wrong, but I hope that your love and possibly love of other developers towards assasins is not the reason why they get too much attention and are generally too powerful for what they are. Gladiator has too much going on for him as a assasin( why so much health?) and Shinobi doesn't belong in this game.
I am learning to play as Lawbringer and in process I am looking up to other, more experienced Lawbringers. It makes me sick when I see them getting slapped around by lower level Shinobi just because, well he can. Hero who is supposed to be feared at the battlefield has to hide in a smaller spaces just so he could stand a chance against Shinobi, guy who has 70 pounds, wears rags and fights with crops harwesting tools? :D

I main Warden/Higlander and currently leveling up Lawbringer/PK and it just doesn't make any sense how much it is easier to play good with assasin class. Not to mention K/D ratio which is 3x higher when playing as PK. Just my observation, but many games, including this one, suffer from too much "geek" logic-small guys and women with small weapons are generally better at fighting ( deadlier and more effective ) when compared to big guys wielding big weapons. That is something that bothers me about this game.

nufrancis
12-15-2017, 07:15 AM
I have 6 main:

1.Kensei - Rep 12: I use him because he is the coolest hero, even though in the end we have to accept that he is the weakest, but then again he is very good for fighting low-mid skilled players. My progression is the highest with Kensei, Around 60% for objective, deathmatch, and duels

2.PK - Rep 11: I want to try assasin. Too many players using Orochi, Zerk design is bad even though he is very strong, so I choose PK. Im not mentioning other assasins because I talking in perspective playing since season 1

3.Nobs - Rep 10: At first using Nobs is veryyyyyy difficult, my duel progression is very2 bad. She is the kind of hero that is difficult to master but once you master her, you can be very dominating in duels or objective. So far I only played 5 Ranked Duel and only using Nobs I can win, even 2 times.

4.Warlord - Rep 9: Actually Heavy Class is not my favorite, Im the type that attack first, defend/turtling only if needed, but I try to use 1 hero per class, therefore I use him. Out of the 3 Heavy, he is the most Agile, has hyper armour on heavy which I favorable for my baiting strategy. So far my progress using him is the worst compared to my other main 50% on Objective and Deathmatch, Duel only around 45%

5.Highlander - Rep 8: Only one reason I use him, Because he wield this huge sword. Im a big fan of heroes that use huge sword. Fortunately he is fun to use, even thought he is bad for duel. I think he is bottom 3 heroes along with Goki and Kensei.

6.Aramusha - Rep 7: Why? one he is super cool, second very fun to use, his soft feint is crazy, only noob use light spam all the time.

AlexHuaTian
12-15-2017, 07:26 AM
Orochi and Ninja lol

FinalCrescent99
12-16-2017, 08:48 AM
Started off with the Kensai, but got bored fairly quickly (only like rep 2).

My fave/main is the lawbro, as I really like his unique combos and playstyle as no other hero really gives you the variety that the lawbringer does in terms of combos and chains. Also the aesthetic is dope.

If I want to be a cheese light spammer I run Valk or Nob but I found Valk's combos fairly repetitive once a I hit rep 5 and kinda lost interest. Nob is hard af to learn, so respect for anyone who can play at a high level with her.

Tha Dr Pigeon
12-18-2017, 04:39 PM
I main Shaman cuz she is fun lmao

Alienjf
12-18-2017, 05:40 PM
i started with valk ,did'nt work ,then kensei and warden...hated them at launch!
after that Nobushi rep10,warlord rep 10,centurion rep 8,Lawdaddy rep 7,Glad rep 10) my favorite with nobushi (all full gear and full fashioned:).i like the mix-up no mix-up!
and now Aramusha rep almost 4 i'm not in love with the infinite chains and blockade but he's fun.
why i dont main because i get bored lol :)

Gunner11Mendez
12-18-2017, 06:08 PM
My mains are mostly Hybrids, but I tried a heavy or two at times.
Breakdown:
Valk 12
Nobu 10
Cent 7
Glad 5
Musha 4
Roach 1
Warlord 1
PK <1
LawBro <1
Conq <1

Never played Zerk, Shugo, Shino, Shaman, Raider, Kensei, Warden, Highlander. Thinking of trying Highlander or Zerk after rework (soon!).