PDA

View Full Version : Track To AVI or Frame Sequence

XyZspineZyX
11-28-2003, 06:17 AM
I apologize in advance if this has already been discussed. I put this here instead of the movie makers forum as it's a request for an addition to the program...

Would it be possible to have an option to output track files to an avi or a frame sequence in a decent format such as tiff or targa without actually having to play the track? A frame sequence may be the best way as there are no codec problems. It's frustrating trying to make a really nice movie file when the frame rate is not constant. The impact on the audio is the most noticeable.

The patent has expired on LZW compression so there are no royalty issues with compressed tiff files anymore. Even uncompressed would be OK as hard drives are cheap.

Thanks in advance for dropping everything you are doing to fulfill my request<G>!

-WhtBoy.

XyZspineZyX
11-28-2003, 06:17 AM
I apologize in advance if this has already been discussed. I put this here instead of the movie makers forum as it's a request for an addition to the program...

Would it be possible to have an option to output track files to an avi or a frame sequence in a decent format such as tiff or targa without actually having to play the track? A frame sequence may be the best way as there are no codec problems. It's frustrating trying to make a really nice movie file when the frame rate is not constant. The impact on the audio is the most noticeable.

The patent has expired on LZW compression so there are no royalty issues with compressed tiff files anymore. Even uncompressed would be OK as hard drives are cheap.

Thanks in advance for dropping everything you are doing to fulfill my request<G>!

-WhtBoy.

XyZspineZyX
11-28-2003, 06:46 AM
WhtBoy wrote:
- I apologize in advance if this has already been
- discussed. I put this here instead of the movie
- makers forum as it's a request for an addition to
- the program...
-
- Would it be possible to have an option to output
- track files to an avi or a frame sequence in a
- decent format such as tiff or targa without actually
- having to play the track? A frame sequence may be
- the best way as there are no codec problems. It's
- frustrating trying to make a really nice movie file
- when the frame rate is not constant. The impact on
- the audio is the most noticeable.
-
- The patent has expired on LZW compression so there
- are no royalty issues with compressed tiff files
- anymore. Even uncompressed would be OK as hard
- drives are cheap.
-
- Thanks in advance for dropping everything you are
- doing to fulfill my request<G>!
-
--WhtBoy.
-
-

Try playing back the track at 1/4x speed while making your movie. Then you can down-sample to a really smooth framerate at normal speed.

Audio you might have to record separately at normal speed, though.