PDA

View Full Version : Color pallet rework?

Tilter.
12-07-2017, 07:44 PM
I've been struggling to find good colors to match with my gear and a theme I'm trying to go with and that's because there either aren't any of these pre-made color pallets that fit or the closest thing to what I'm looking for is such a late unlock that it's simply too big of a bother to commit to, so I've had an idea for a possible rework.

Since we can't have a full color spectrum and pick whatever we choose on any of the 3 color slots (primary colors, secondary colors and symbol colors) either because of the team color assignments or because it will completely eliminate reputations/levels/outfit color unlocks, how about you change it so that we can pick which color we want in any of the 3 slots with basic restrictions in the team colors for at least 1 primary or secondary slot to be a different variation of blue/purple/green/teal for defenders and red/orange/pink/yellow for attacker with no ability to use defender/attacker colors between each other and no restrictions in the neutral. This way we can create our own pallets with black/white backgrounds, blue secondary and green symbols if we want and have some very unique looks going around instead of just going with these (pretty lame) pre-made color pallets. You can still lock specific color variations (and even some pre-made pallets altho I feel like patterns are more important than the pre-made color pallets with outfits so no need to still have pre-mades at all unless you want to have some for people who don't care about customization) behind reputations/levels/outfits as it is now but we still get a whole new level of customization even with the basic colors if we get to pick which color is assigned to which of the 3 slots.

Thanks for reading and for your consideration. For anyone who's reading this besides Ubisoft staff, please tell me what you think of my idea, is it good/bad can something be improved to be even better than I envisioned it, did I forget any details such as with restrictions perhaps? I'll appreciate any and all feedback.

P.S. I know there are much more important things to worry about than color customization, but I feel like it's important in it's own way since fashion is the true endgame in any game, I hate struggling so much with finding a proper look and failing cause there simply isn't anything that can be done and I feel like this would fix that + add a refreshing way to look at things when people can use their creativity to make some amazing looks with something as simple as color change.

Cheers

EDIT: It would also be very nice if we could change both color and patterns of our CLOTHING, because currently you are forced to use whatever clothing each armor set/piece has and it's both hard to get a good match and some armor sets are amazing but it's clothes are just awful so I simply have no choice but to skip it and find something else.

bob333e
12-07-2017, 07:54 PM
I've been struggling to find good colors to match with my gear and a theme I'm trying to go with and that's because there either aren't any of these pre-made color pallets that fit or the closest thing to what I'm looking for is such a late unlock that it's simply too big of a bother to commit to

This.

I can't count how many times I've obsessed over color themes for my main hero, all three loadouts, ranging from neutral, attacker and defender on all three. That's... 9 color themes. And I'm often usually left dissatisfied with whatever limited flexibility I can make out of what's available for me (I'm rep12 on my main), and the ones that I look forward to the most, are either locked behind 15,000 Steel Mythic outfits, or behind rep30 onwards.

Side note: Before the release of Season 4, I had spotted a color theme for neutral and defender named 'Winter King'. It consisted of indigo/violet blue, white, and gold. I so deeply wanted it; it required me to participate in a Hero Tier Tournament, which I was unable to do at the time. About start of December, when I became able to start doing Tournaments, I navigate again to try to look for that color theme, and I couldn't find it. It was gone; it was tied to the Season 3 rewards, which were replaced by the Season 4 rewards when Season 4 released.

Add to that, the rather limited versatility in the profile emblem customization. I've been desiring to make a Blackstone emblem for some time, but that's unfortunately impossible, as we do not have the Blackstone symbol in the emblem customization.

Plus, several color themes seem like copies of each other. And others are rather too over-saturated / too watered down.

Also everything I said applies to patterns and engravings/embossings too.

I relate with you. These fashion-making bumps irritate me as well.

Tilter.
12-07-2017, 08:05 PM
Yeah the time limited color pallets are especially not cool, at least you'll get a second chance at it soon when they re-add season 3 tournament rewards to the pool so even if they don't rework the system, you might just get what you're looking for ;)

Tilter.
12-19-2017, 09:44 AM
I was expecting to at least get a response like "we'll give this to the team and see what can be done" but I guess that's not going to happen..
I guess I'll just have to get used to the shallow customization that we have now.. FeelsBadMan