PDA

View Full Version : Developer Update: 07/12/2017

ThatDarnSteve
12-07-2017, 03:15 PM
Hey everyone, Steve from RedLynx here! Phone Destroyer has now been out worldwide for nearly a month, and in that time we've had millions of players join our ranks. That has been incredibly exciting, and equal parts challenging. The community has grown rapidly, and we are excited to see that folks are loving the game! We are also excited about all of the player feedback we've been receiving. It has been an interesting challenge to analyze this feedback, separate the signal from the noise, and pass on ideas for changes and new features to our development team.

Last week, we brought some members of the community together here in Helsinki - we had some top-tier legendary players, YouTubers, and an extremely talented guide author bring their thoughts on balance, features, and the future of Phone Destroyer to RedLynx HQ. We discussed community feedback, and the needs of the players, and we will be heavily relying on your feedback and guidance in the future.

We liked a lot of ideas we heard last week from Yvraine, OAMP, and AvrgGuy777, and we like a lot of suggestions we've seen in the community here, on Reddit, on Facebook, Twitter, and Discord, as well. Some ideas we've heard will definitely be making it into Phone Destroyer. Bigger features and larger changes you all have mentioned will of course take time to implement, but we'll try to keep you aware of the big plans when we've set them in stone, iterated on them a bit, and tested their viability.

Sadly, we don't have anything concrete to announce at the moment, but it's important to note that we are experimenting with some of your suggestions even as we speak!

This Month

This month, we'll be releasing an update that will have technical and stability improvements, as well as some specific bug fixes. We'll have more details about this in the near future. This month, we'll also be looking more closely into what features will be added in coming updates, and a larger road map for South Park: Phone Destroyer's future.

Today

At present, one small change which just rolled out moments ago is that Regeneration has received a modification. The base health regeneration for this card has been reduced from 20 health per second to 15 health per second.

There will be a few more balance changes made this month, but the meat and potatoes of the balancing will be happening a bit later.

For now, the big plan is: get ready for some more fun events! This weekend, you'll be hunting down alien eggs in PvP lockers to earn packs filled with juicy SciFi and Neutral cards! Rumor has it that something otherworldly is hidden in event packs this weekend, as well...

In other news, we'll see you in about an hour for this week's Phone Destroyer livestream at the usual spot over on Twitch! We'll be joined by South Park: Phone Destroyer's Content Director, Casey, today. He'll be in to play, and to discuss what it has been like to work closely with South Park, so don't miss it!

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/875860982937014272/FFXrxPK0_400x400.jpg (http://twitch.tv/SouthParkPhoneDestroyer)

Until next time, I'll see you all on the alien egg infested streets of South Park!

Love,
Steve🚀 (http://twitter.com/ThatDarnSteve)

PistolGab
12-07-2017, 03:49 PM
Hope the team fixes the button bug.

matt_rumsey1212
12-07-2017, 03:51 PM
So you're not going to introduce a fix to the insane amount of cheaters that are ruining a game I have put money into...

Godwar218
12-07-2017, 04:00 PM
Hi steve,
Game is unplayable to a lot of legit players that have legit phone that never been jailbroken or rooted.
I have 3 phones: iPhone X, iPhone 7 and iPhone 6s all with IOS 11.1.1 and 11.2 that CANT be jailbroken and also non of these phones have ever been jailbroken (iPhone X is brand new also).
The issue is with a lot of players yet you choose to not address this issue even though some people actually paid money (the same money that goes to your paycheck) at least step up and say “I’m clueless how to fix it” “we are working on a solution” stop being scared and act as you should act as community manager, my QA people in India are more user friendly and providing better service than this.

In the meantime I urge anyone who put money in this game and can’t play, please do charge back directly from the credit company under the claim of Fraud/Scam it will give them hell in their finance department :)
#ChargeBackUbisoft

JDubbs2017
12-07-2017, 04:06 PM
I agree. If you're not planning to fix the unplayable issue, just say so.

Then I can delete this game and never think about it again.

Godwar218
12-07-2017, 04:15 PM
Steve,
Last year I hired a 21 year old kid to work for our IT department, a day came and most of the managers were out of the office for a meeting and he accidentally decided to pick up the phone answering to one very big client.
The client was very angry yet the 21 year old kid checked what can he do and after he couldn’t get an answer from management decided to check what he can do, long story short his WILLINGNESS to assist a client is what basically saved the deal (even though he didn’t really manage to assist).
Perhaps you are new at your job but what you are doing here is basically killing the product cause legit players that see that you don’t give a crap won’t stay and other players simply won’t put even a dollar in if they can’t be sure that if something will go wrong there’s someone from your company will try to fix it.

#ChargeBackUbisoft

shark.music
12-07-2017, 04:18 PM
Cool. I didn't know the game was only a month old. I'm sorry for being so fussy with you, then.

I was just thinking last night that regen was going to get toned down, or have its cost raised. It seems like some cards are almost mandatory for post-20 decks.

This has turned out to be one of my all time favorite games. I'm glad you guys are so invested in its future. Thanks for the update!

Oh and I have to ask: were you all as excited to see Ike on that dog as the rest of us? He almost seemed like he'd been designed for this game.

ahmerali222
12-07-2017, 04:26 PM
What a lot of you may not know is that the game was in beta for several months. I was a beta tester for most of that time.Very few of the issues that I have seen recently posted about on these fora are "new", they are rehashes of old suggestions. Most of you probably have no idea that the game went through three balance updates in three months.

That's not to say that any of the items posted about here are not legitimate or true - they are! But I don't think it's totally fair to give Ubisoft a break because "it's only been a month"; I appreciate that game development is complex and everything they do is going to be bad for *somebody*, and they won't like it, and there's only so much the mods here can do or say.

That said - Steve and Amanda, you guys have a real optics problem, and the longer you take to address it, the worse its going to get. Even *admitting* that there are issues would be a huge step at this point, and that's like saying water is wet.

Tatakai no Kami
12-07-2017, 04:37 PM
What is the deal Steve? PVP is full of scumbag energy hackers yet you guys continually reward the cheaters with PVP events. If you're not going to address the issue of the cheaters, Or create a fix to stop them, then stop doing PVP events so that those of use who play legit don't have to wade through 30 cheaters to get to the 3 legit players we can beat. Also the matchmaking is terrible, Putting me up against a level 10 whether or not he is a legit player, when I am only level 8 means an easy win for him since all his characters are going to be much higher than mine.

The weekly PVP events are pathetic and stupid as long as Cheaters are ruining the PVP. You are rewarding the cheaters.

Sonicprowww
12-07-2017, 06:03 PM
Really, so you really nerfed regenerate? Gg community now cry about the next thing u bunch of ******ed losers

Fade2black02
12-07-2017, 06:03 PM
Hi steve,
Game is unplayable to a lot of legit players that have legit phone that never been jailbroken or rooted.
I have 3 phones: iPhone X, iPhone 7 and iPhone 6s all with IOS 11.1.1 and 11.2 that CANT be jailbroken and also non of these phones have ever been jailbroken (iPhone X is brand new also).
The issue is with a lot of players yet you choose to not address this issue even though some people actually paid money (the same money that goes to your paycheck) at least step up and say “I’m clueless how to fix it” “we are working on a solution” stop being scared and act as you should act as community manager, my QA people in India are more user friendly and providing better service than this.

In the meantime I urge anyone who put money in this game and can’t play, please do charge back directly from the credit company under the claim of Fraud/Scam it will give them hell in their finance department :)
#ChargeBackUbisoft

You guys are the biggest bunch of friggin whiners this side of high school. The cheaters are a small percentage, they’re still WORKING ON IT. Meanwhile millions want new fun toys so they plopped in an event that probably was already coded months ago. Just because you’ve been inconvenienced doesn’t mean they’re not actively working on it. Take your entitlement and shove it up your ***.

Benej123
12-07-2017, 06:41 PM
So you're not going to introduce a fix to the insane amount of cheaters that are ruining a game I have put money into...

I to have put lot of money into this game and also agree the real cheating isue needs fixing

Godwar218
12-07-2017, 07:03 PM
You guys are the biggest bunch of friggin whiners this side of high school. The cheaters are a small percentage, they’re still WORKING ON IT. Meanwhile millions want new fun toys so they plopped in an event that probably was already coded months ago. Just because you’ve been inconvenienced doesn’t mean they’re not actively working on it. Take your entitlement and shove it up your ***.
Learn how to read, I wasn’t addressing cheaters I was addressing that the game is not playable meaning BUTTONS Don’t work.
If you feel bad for yourself by using words like entitlement without understanding what it means I can recommend you to go and get a job.
Money is what matters here.

cashlezz
12-07-2017, 09:50 PM
Really, so you really nerfed regenerate? Gg community now cry about the next thing u bunch of ******ed losers
They are already crying about zen Cartman. I believe they want to make Mystic obsolete just like they did with SciFi. Funny how Mystic is considered op when the Meta right now in high rank is basically adventure and fantasy.

guest-GwZ2s910
12-07-2017, 10:51 PM
The reason why people hate PVP is because lose two in a row 3 in a row maybe even 4 in a row like really really how does that help anybody and fun the only thing that's doing is wanting people to cheat so they can rank up without losing Stars so please remove it.

oyuncuyum1
12-08-2017, 07:20 AM
I'm sad about regen getting a nerf. I only play sci-fi freeze deck. Fantasy decks on regen and cleanse was a nice challenge and there were so many out there. It was good competition.

Plus this will hurt PvE for everyone.

white_ghost80
12-08-2017, 08:51 AM
Do we get some compensation for the bug that was introduced with the latest update? I mean the one where you had to root the phone to continue playing. Rooting means a half hour of work so I thing 20€ worth of in game currency would be fair and of course all the free cards we missed.

Thanks in advance!

Figmeant
12-08-2017, 10:14 AM
Just stop playing guys, seriously...it feels great. Delete the game off of your phone and move on. Best move I ever made. Don't forget to get that refund first and leave a negative review on Google play/itunes. There are so many other good games out there, stop stressing over this one.

GanjaKi11a
12-08-2017, 10:38 AM
Why is there a daily locker limit for PvP.... Especially during an event.... Think that's b.s.

ThatDarnSteve
12-08-2017, 02:50 PM
Hey, GodWar218. This issue is known, but this only appears to be an issue for rooted or jailbroken devices. We have been unable to reproduce this bug on devices which aren't rooted or jailbroken. This will be looked into further, but at present the issue appears to be limited to those devices, and in some slim cases devices with custom flashed ROMs. We will look into this further and inform you when we have a solution. In the meantime, if you provide me with your username, I can look into your specific situation a little more closely.

Massacher2008
12-08-2017, 03:48 PM
Yea I agree. Not only are they using energy hacks but they're also using speed hacks. What is going to be done about this?!

Massacher2008
12-08-2017, 03:49 PM
What is the deal Steve? PVP is full of scumbag energy hackers yet you guys continually reward the cheaters with PVP events. If you're not going to address the issue of the cheaters, Or create a fix to stop them, then stop doing PVP events so that those of use who play legit don't have to wade through 30 cheaters to get to the 3 legit players we can beat. Also the matchmaking is terrible, Putting me up against a level 10 whether or not he is a legit player, when I am only level 8 means an easy win for him since all his characters are going to be much higher than mine.

The weekly PVP events are pathetic and stupid as long as Cheaters are ruining the PVP. You are rewarding the cheaters.

Yea I agree. Not only are they using energy hacks but they're also using speed hacks. What is going to be done about this?!

pizarrofan
12-08-2017, 10:32 PM
They are already crying about zen Cartman. I believe they want to make Mystic obsolete just like they did with SciFi. Funny how Mystic is considered op when the Meta right now in high rank is basically adventure and fantasy.

If its not used in high rank, no reason to cry about the nerf. If its a problem in the mid to lower ranks, good there is a nerf. Whats your issue?

Godwar218
12-09-2017, 07:53 PM
Hi Dave, I sent you my details in private message just a bit after you requested and haven’t got a reply.
Was your message was just to show to the forum that “you care about the game” or are you seriously going to do something about it.
As said, it is impossible to jailbreak iOS 11 as far as apple is willing to pay millions for people who can find a fault in their security. If you’re claiming there are people here with iOS 11 that is jailbroken my only question is where are my millions from apple?
Otherwise please accept that your programmers made a mistake and please fix it.

Fuema
12-10-2017, 08:26 AM
I love the weekend events.... however, having to rely on "luck" to get the 15-35 egg lockers is rubbish! You should have a flat amount of event tokens per win + luck factor from lockers, especially considering 1, you limit the amount of locker per day 2. most people only play PvP every 4 hours when a pack is available.

What do the rest of you guys think?

GHOTIEFROGS
12-11-2017, 06:54 AM
(Player name removed) Is a cheater! I will continue to list user names until you fix this ****. Others should do so too.

GHOTIEFROGS
12-11-2017, 07:30 AM
(Player name removed) is a cheater

Godwar218
12-11-2017, 07:57 AM
Hi Steve, apparently your dev guys made a mistake in the code or whatever it is...
The reason why your servers thought my phones are jail broken (iOS 11) is because of JPMorgan apps,first of all these apps are approved in the AppStore, 2nd its a well known banking and financial firm so I’m pretty much sure they didn’t “mess” with my phone protection.
Please ask your guys to follow into this.
Once I removed the apps the game buttons suddenly work.