PDA

View Full Version : Ubi Do You Plan on Fixing This?

SlickCriminal27
12-03-2017, 08:50 PM
This has happened to me against PK, Berserker, Shaman and will probably happen against all other Assassins as well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWsBIbzXErs

ShonM93
12-03-2017, 09:03 PM
I hate to say this, but that's intended. That's the invincible frames of the dodge working. It looks damn st*pid, but it's working as intended.

bob333e
12-03-2017, 09:12 PM
I think it's the dodge frames still active when the LB threw his swing. To note, a LB vs PK matchup is quite hard for the LB. Not easy at all. Several heroes are weak to dodge attacks, like the video above. The PK simply took an obvious advantage.

SlickCriminal27
12-03-2017, 09:14 PM
I think it's the dodge frames still active when the LB threw his swing. To note, a LB vs PK matchup is quite hard for the LB. Not easy at all. Several heroes are weak to dodge attacks, like the video above. The PK simply took an obvious advantage.

Spot on, I have problems against them with LB all the time. What a stupid mechanic of the game if it's intended.

bob333e
12-03-2017, 09:23 PM
It's mostly assassins who sport dodge attacks; with the exception of Kensei maybe (forgot if other non-assassins have it too). But yeah, dodge attacks are pretty deadly, because it's evasion + dodge frames + a counter attack. That's where the feinting game shines; bait a dodge attack, parry it, GB, and chain it from there.

Helnekromancer
12-03-2017, 10:37 PM
Yea that's just how dodges work, if you want something dumber, a Hero could be against a wall and when you swing that characters successfully dodges your swing but he doesn't go anywhere and your weapon clips through him.

Similar to how certain swings won't work depending on the terrain dodges shouldn't work either, it just looks stupid dodging my attack even though you are moving in place.

Nokhchalla
12-04-2017, 06:35 AM
Yea that's just how dodges work, if you want something dumber, a Hero could be against a wall and when you swing that characters successfully dodges your swing but he doesn't go anywhere and your weapon clips through him.

Similar to how certain swings won't work depending on the terrain dodges shouldn't work either, it just looks stupid dodging my attack even though you are moving in place.

True, has happened to me several times as well.

As for the OP, I dont think they will fix ****. LB hardest matchups are PK, Shinobi, Shaman and really skilled Orochis and Berserkers. Do you see a pattern here? All Assassins are a PITA. Im rep 33 LB, and I RARELY am able to kill these assassins who are skilled. Partly due to this stupid mechanic as well.

No wonder 90% of the community are assassins these days.

bananaflow2017
12-04-2017, 11:09 AM
Spot on, I have problems against them with LB all the time. What a stupid mechanic of the game if it's intended.

You are lb. Just turtle her. Block shove stab. Next time maybe gb after shove. If you are good, parry her engage, but never try to open her. She will just punish you for that.
Like i said you are lb, just do the lb stuff XD

Vordred
12-04-2017, 11:21 AM
this one was something i was complaining about even back in the alpha/beta tests. if you dodge into an attack, you should get hit (unless you deflect). so you still have to read the attack and make a decision, not brainlessly hit the dodge button, because it makes you invulnerable for a few frames. plus you always have back dodge as a panic dodge in that scenario

i also complained that Dodge Attacks shouldn't be in the game, if you want damage take the risk and go for a deflect like how everyone else has to parry. because of the invisible frames, dodging is stupidly easy, and will avoid any attack well granting free damage. but obviously, they are here to stay. but the dodge changes could be made.

Charmzzz
12-04-2017, 11:51 AM
Dodging is not "stupidly easy" when you reach a certain skill level in your opponents... That LB could just feint the last heavy in his chain, then go for an instant GB or parry the side dodge attack for a free GB.

You have to time your dodge attack and it is pretty much countered by feint / GB. L2P issue, sorry. I rarely do dodge-attacks on regular attacks from my opponent because they mostly punish me hard for doing it. The only moves I dodge-attack are unfeintable unblockables like shoulder bashes, punches, kicks etc.

Nokhchalla
12-04-2017, 01:11 PM
Dodging is not "stupidly easy" when you reach a certain skill level in your opponents... That LB could just feint the last heavy in his chain, then go for an instant GB or parry the side dodge attack for a free GB.

You have to time your dodge attack and it is pretty much countered by feint / GB. L2P issue, sorry. I rarely do dodge-attacks on regular attacks from my opponent because they mostly punish me hard for doing it. The only moves I dodge-attack are unfeintable unblockables like shoulder bashes, punches, kicks etc.

So much wrong in this sentence, firstly, no he couldn't feint that heavy and get a free GB, that PK would have hit him and interrupted him. As for the parry, parry is not gonna happen in 95% of the cases since that light from PK is so fast.

This is not a L2P issue, I main LB and rep 33, this is the stupid biased mechanic against heavy/partly heavy classes.

Vordred
12-04-2017, 01:33 PM

yeah he could trick you with a feint, though dodge attacks often beat out feints anyway. but feinting applies to other forms of defence too, so in the grand scheme of things, yes it is stupidly easyier, you don't have to pick the right direction, the timing window is huge compared to a parry or deflect. and if you are an assassin it's free damage.

Erhanninja
12-04-2017, 01:45 PM
I saw a Kensei side step attacking without being hit when ganked by 4 people imagine that...He stepped out between 4 attacks and stepped right in and did damage hahah

Alustar.
12-04-2017, 01:48 PM
So because someone mentioned it, it's obvious many of you funny play assassin classes of you think dodging is easy. It's not. If you miss time or miss read the direction you will get hit. If an assassin is being overly dodgey, grab him. You cannot CGB from a dodge. If they are using dodge attacks, parry that ****. The only assassin that has a dodge strike that's a light hit is gladiator. All the others should be relatively easy to punish.

Charmzzz
12-04-2017, 01:53 PM
So much wrong in this sentence, firstly, no he couldn't feint that heavy and get a free GB, that PK would have hit him and interrupted him. As for the parry, parry is not gonna happen in 95% of the cases since that light from PK is so fast.

This is not a L2P issue, I main LB and rep 33, this is the stupid biased mechanic against heavy/partly heavy classes.

You are wrong, sorry. Mechanics wise a heavy attack - feinted into a GB beats a heavy-dodge attack. It does not beat a light-dodge attack though, but in this case it was a PK so it is a heavy-dodge attack.

And what is that second "argument"? Why is parry not gonna happen if the LB feinted his heavy? I do this regularly in my chains if the Opponent (PK, Orochi, Berserker, Valk - on Kensei and Nobushi it is harder to get the timing right) is dodging all the time, feint a heavy and parry their dodge-attack. Plenty of time to switch guard and parry.

Alregard
12-04-2017, 03:36 PM
Why is this even a discussion? Feint and bait a dodge attack. This is basic stuff in my matches...
It is basically a 33/33/33 situation for the enemy (like every unblockable attack). You follow through with the attack, feint and gb, or feint and wait for his dodge attack.

If you are on PC and think for whatever reason this does not work we can test this. I only have LB rep 8, but feints are definetly faster then pks dodge attack! Especially since dodgers wait with the dodge until the white parryflash would appear, since that is the time where you actually dodge the attack (or clip through it like in your Video).