PDA

View Full Version : How to play using the mouse

perch49
03-12-2004, 12:17 PM
I have a laptop (1.5 P4M, radeon 9000 32 meg, 512 meg) and somwetimes get the urge to fly but unfortunately don't have my joystick available. Is their a way to use the mouse to fly the plane?

perch49
03-12-2004, 12:17 PM
I have a laptop (1.5 P4M, radeon 9000 32 meg, 512 meg) and somwetimes get the urge to fly but unfortunately don't have my joystick available. Is their a way to use the mouse to fly the plane?

horseback
03-12-2004, 01:21 PM
Mouse usually controls view. Use keyboard Arrow keys for X-Y axes, comma, period or slash (,./) for rudder, I think, but if your laptop has the power to run Il-2 FB, it should have a USB plug, and I seem to recall that someone (Saitek?) made a joystick that folds up. Coincidence? I think not.

cheers

horseback

"Here's your new Mustangs, boys. You can learn to fly'em on the way to the target. Cheers!" -LTCOL Don Blakeslee, 4th FG CO, February 27th, 1944

chunkylovepony
03-12-2004, 01:46 PM
Yeah, saitek makes a small stick, its called the ST90. Nothing special, but small and cheap enough to not care if you lose or break it. Check it out here, www.saitek.com (http://www.saitek.com)

Huxley_S
03-12-2004, 05:41 PM
Playing FB without a decent joystick is like having sex without a pen1s... if you're going to do it properly you're going to need something firm in your right hand.

And woe betide if you get a bandit on your six.... etc etc

FB Music and Campaigns @
http://www.onemorewild.org/huxley

horseback
03-12-2004, 07:33 PM
huxley, you've just insulted every lesbian (to say nothing of the eunuchs) who frequents this forum! Shame on you!

You have just been the victim of a political correction. Anything furthter that you say can and will be used against you and taken as proof of your racism, sexism, and a homophobia.

cheers

horseback

"Here's your new Mustangs, boys. You can learn to fly'em on the way to the target. Cheers!" -LTCOL Don Blakeslee, 4th FG CO, February 27th, 1944