PDA

View Full Version : Not guaranteed Beta access with pre-order

Mattzio_
12-02-2017, 07:18 AM
May I know why?

Ubi-MrDrPink
12-02-2017, 10:33 AM
Hey Mattzio,

If you like to take part in The Crew 2 Beta, you will need to register via our website (https://thecrew-game.ubisoft.com/the-crew-2/en-gb/beta/index.aspx). :)

igrvks
12-10-2017, 08:41 PM
That is like asking why the bus didn't pick me up from the stop and the driver telling you that you can get on the bus from the bus stop. :D

DatWut
12-10-2017, 09:18 PM
I can see a few possible reasons.
1) Limited space on the test-servers for the beta: I assume that for the beta they will not have the full servers but only limited playerspaces. So if everyone who pre-ordered would get beta access, the servers might be overloaded.
2) Quality of players: Now this may sound rude, harsh and entitled, but if everyone who pre-ordered was to get access, some people might get access to the game who have not played The Crew 1 and might have a little misunderstanding of how certain things work. If Ubisoft picks players themselves, they can assure that people with a good idea of the first (and probably secon) game will get access.
3) "I paid for the beta": There are people like that, sadly. If you include the beta access with a pre-order, some people might come around and complain that they paid money for the access but can't get in (because of server issues after an update they rolled out or similar).

This is all just speculation from me, so don't mark my words.

MichaelB450
12-10-2017, 10:38 PM
Datwut, don't forget that they most likely want to make the beta sign up system as fair and open as possible. If they made the Beta pre-order only then they would get a mix of players who liked the beta experience and players who didn't have a good experience; so they'll say "I wasted X amount of money on this crappy game? I want a refund!!!1!" Plus they most likely want to make the beta open to everyone to try the game so they can decide if they would really enjoy the game without having to open their wallet to try it out.

I personally like the decision to not have instant beta access for pre-ordering the game. However they will likely make it so that if you do Pre-order the game and get invited in to the beta, you will get a few extra codes to send to your friends so they can also try the game out (like what was done with the Wild Run Beta back then, but you didn't have to buy Wild Run in order to get the extra codes).

Tsuzukie
12-13-2017, 12:30 AM
Oh I'm buying thia game for sure. I loved the first one and the second one looks to be more and better so... I'm in but if you just gave acess to people who pre ordered you might not get the info you want from people. They may want to know what they can change or add that might make someone buy the game. Not that info from those thay already support them is bad just might not help future sales. I'm guessing of course.

Rahul__A
12-13-2017, 08:12 AM
Maybe they know that the game is a mess and don't want those pre-order players to see the state of the game and cancel their pre-orders?

MichaelB450
12-13-2017, 08:56 AM
Maybe they know that the game is a mess and don't want those pre-order players to see the state of the game and cancel their pre-orders?

You can't assume that...

Rahul__A
12-13-2017, 04:28 PM
I'm not assuming anything. It is simply one explanation. It might not be the correct one, but at this point anything we have is pure conjecture.

badhabit1970
12-15-2017, 08:09 PM
the game is far from a mess and i know this