PDA

View Full Version : Cent is dead..

Phenoloth
12-01-2017, 11:32 AM
As the title says in my opinion the nerf hammer that hit the cent was way to big. Is it only me or does the cent feel even weaker then post nerf. Less damage, stamina, health and range...???

Did they ninja nerf him again because some cheesy 1-2 play assasin classes whined louder then everyone else?

Am i sucking? I used to play very decent even after nerf but now after a long time, i didnt touch him and tried to play him again and im really disappointed!

Cents are allmost on bottom of score list im noticing. I play only Shaman, Gladiator, Aramusha and Raider at the moment and i rarely loose vs Cents even vs high reputation.

Very sad about it, i bought this game after a Testweekend because i really liked the Cent..

So i guess the days of Cent are over.. probably i should ask for a refund, because thats not what i bought!!!!

Please balance this game properly or gtfo my sight FH!!

PDXGorechild
12-01-2017, 02:04 PM
Good.

But in all seriousness, he was an awful class from the ground up. Mainly due to the fact that he was based entirely around the punish that got nerfed. He still has an extremely powerful punish near a wall and is still frustrating to fight in some scenarios - but this is part of the problem imo. He's always been annoying to fight and boring to play, but was popular due to the ridiculously overpowered punish combos. Now they nerfed it he's just slightly less annoying to fight and still boring to play.

He needs a rework, but hopefully he wont get one until the other OG classes, that have mostly ALWAYS been trash since the start, get theirs.

SlickCriminal27
12-01-2017, 02:42 PM
Lol, Cent is not dead in the slightest, it's just you. He was a character alot of noobs played with and thought they were pro with. In reality it takes no skill to play him.

Alustar.exe
12-01-2017, 03:26 PM
So then tell me, what in your opinion, defines "skillful" play?
Also just so everyone is aware only one hero in the game was ever able to literally one shot you and that was a bug in the coding.
Centurion was a noob crusher, if you got rekt, chances are you're a noob.

Alustar.exe
12-01-2017, 03:54 PM
The Shugoki move has conditions that set up that damage, and honestly if you get hit by that.. I don't know what to tell you other than try again?
I've handed a premade team of centurion and Lawbringer their asses in a gank, so I really can't agree here. And that was all before the nerfs to his kit.
Never once complained that centurion was op. Instead I found a friend who ran him and went for hours finding the best way to deal with him.

But I guess that's my fault. I assumed more maturity from the player base, and clearly that was a mistake. I'm sorry I won't over estimate that again.

David_gorda
12-01-2017, 03:58 PM
^ former centurion Main and now shaman Main :)

Alustar.exe
12-01-2017, 04:00 PM
^ former centurion Main and now shaman Main :)
I love it when noob kids try to "main shame" grow up kid.
You obviously don't remember my stance on the term "main".
Troll harder bby, I can almost feel your angst.

SlickCriminal27
12-01-2017, 04:38 PM
I love it when noob kids try to "main shame" grow up kid.
You obviously don't remember my stance on the term "main".
Troll harder bby, I can almost feel your angst.

Whatever you say what David said is true, you are on here even saying "Shaman is not OP" what kind of ******ed **** says that when Shaman has been proven to be OP? You are trying so hard to defend your OP crap characters.

ShadowStepped
12-01-2017, 04:48 PM
Everyone is this lobby has made some good points. For me personally, i feel like the Centurion was completely and utterly broken. I ripped on him a lot before i took my break from this game. I am not one of those ppl to jump on the bandwagon so i played him before i said anything. As many know i main an Orochi and thats all that i play normally. I did an experiment where i played 3 games with a centurion who i never practiced with or even watched videos on just faced him in pvp. I literally owned ppl with him having no practice and didnt even look at his move list. He was so over powered it ones of the reasons i left them game. I feel now he is in a good place just more balanced. I have seen ppl get destroyed by the centurion if used properly. Keep in mind guys this is just my opinion with no negative intentions so if you love your hero I am not attacking you.

Alustar.exe
12-01-2017, 05:42 PM
Whatever you say what David said is true, you are on here even saying "Shaman is not OP" what kind of ******ed **** says that when Shaman has been proven to be OP? You are trying so hard to defend your OP crap characters.

Unless you have anything relevant to say or you want advice, have fun getting rekt by everyone better than you.
Be well. :D

Vakris_One
12-01-2017, 05:50 PM
Unless you have anything relevant to say or you want advice, have fun getting rekt by everyone better than you.
Ok, now that line is just too good not to use this clip

https://youtu.be/lMd83ky-czw

:D :p

bob333e
12-01-2017, 05:54 PM

That made me spill my coffee on my keyboard hahha

Now how cool would it be if Stallone replied with RAH

David_gorda
12-01-2017, 06:00 PM
? You dont even Know the basic moveset Of the shaman (seen in another thread) and try to pretend you Know anything about the ClAss and offer to teach other how to play lol. Priceless :D

bob333e
12-01-2017, 06:02 PM
? You dont even Know the basic moveset Of the shaman (seen in another thread) and try to pretend you Know anything about the ClAss and offer to teach other how to play lol. Priceless :D

Strawman arguments are an old trick, it got old, really. Also, Centurion's kit is nothing like Shaman, please don't compare the two. Centurion is an excellent parry punisher, and that's that. In no way he compares to Shaman.

David_gorda
12-01-2017, 06:29 PM
Strawman arguments are an old trick, it got old, really. Also, Centurion's kit is nothing like Shaman, please don't compare the two. Centurion is an excellent parry punisher, and that's that. In no way he compares to Shaman.? He told me that he should teach how to play shaman. I am prestige 103 and you 11? I think i Know the difference between shaman and centurion, i also Know the similiarites which both were extremly op at launch, centurion took along time to nerf so i all my friends quit for honor because Of centurion. Its good dev nerfed shaman quickly before the playerbase gets even smaller because Of op bad designed characters.

Dasteel1974
12-01-2017, 06:30 PM
Strawman arguments are an old trick, it got old, really. Also, Centurion's kit is nothing like Shaman, please don't compare the two. Centurion is an excellent parry punisher, and that's that. In no way he compares to Shaman.

He is a punisher. That is what he is. When I see him, I canít help but think of the movie 300.(I know they were Spartans so spare me the correction). But that type of warrior is what I think of. Not one that dances around while making veiled attacks and sneaking in and out of range of the opponent. I see him as a guy that throat punches you and while you are gasping for breath he cuts your balls off and feeds them to you. But outside of punishes, he is very predictable with a very limited moveset. They eliminated his stand up jab which was a very good move. It was a bs move that made combos endless sometimes. But there were other nerfs that I believe were unneeded. The range being nerfed is the big one. If you play a good player that is using Shenobi or Nobushi, you are pretty well screwed, unless you are a parry expert. And actually, Shenobi is so much faster that he can be OOS and still be faster than Centurion with full stamina. His stamina regen is like molasses in January, beyond slow. He is a fun character as he has entertaining punishes, but for those that say he takes no skill to play with, you are nuts. His moves are so limited and well known, combos donít get past the first couple hits.(except wall splat). So you have to be a baiter and lure people into traps.

But wouldnt Centurion be a fun character to play with if he had Shamans moveset. Now that would be the ultimate of OP.

bob333e
12-01-2017, 06:59 PM
? He told me that he should teach how to play shaman. I am prestige 103 and you 11? I think i Know the difference between shaman and centurion, i also Know the similiarites which both were extremly op at launch, centurion took along time to nerf so i all my friends quit for honor because Of centurion. Its good dev nerfed shaman quickly before the playerbase gets even smaller because Of op bad designed characters.

I stopped taking you seriously after seeing how you base everything off "prestige" and numbers and appearance. I also stopped even considering you're actually intelligent when I saw you resorting to the FHTracker as an excuse to back your "knowledge and experience" claims.

Even moreso than learning Shaman, perhaps you need to learn some social norms.

bob333e
12-01-2017, 07:01 PM
He is a punisher. That is what he is. When I see him, I can’t help but think of the movie 300.(I know they were Spartans so spare me the correction). But that type of warrior is what I think of. Not one that dances around while making veiled attacks and sneaking in and out of range of the opponent. I see him as a guy that throat punches you and while you are gasping for breath he cuts your balls off and feeds them to you. But outside of punishes, he is very predictable with a very limited moveset. They eliminated his stand up jab which was a very good move. It was a bs move that made combos endless sometimes. But there were other nerfs that I believe were unneeded. The range being nerfed is the big one. If you play a good player that is using Shenobi or Nobushi, you are pretty well screwed, unless you are a parry expert. And actually, Shenobi is so much faster that he can be OOS and still be faster than Centurion with full stamina. His stamina regen is like molasses in January, beyond slow. He is a fun character as he has entertaining punishes, but for those that say he takes no skill to play with, you are nuts. His moves are so limited and well known, combos don’t get past the first couple hits.(except wall splat). So you have to be a baiter and lure people into traps.

But wouldnt Centurion be a fun character to play with if he had Shamans moveset. Now that would be the ultimate of OP.

Agreed, range is his biggest enemy. Unless he closes the gap with his kick opener, he can't do much against skilled ranged opponents. I'm Warden so I don't exactly have this range advantage, however I have optimal stance switching times and can reliably counter his feints and his unblockables.

Alustar.exe
12-01-2017, 07:23 PM

You didn't disappoint in the slightest sir. Thank you, you made my night!

Alustar.exe
12-01-2017, 07:32 PM

Just to correct some things here.
I actually knew what I was taking about in that thread, regarding shaman move sets and combo flow. thank you. Nice try though.

? He told me that he should teach how to play shaman. I am prestige 103 and you 11? I think i Know the difference between shaman and centurion, i also Know the similiarites which both were extremly op at launch, centurion took along time to nerf so i all my friends quit for honor because Of centurion. Its good dev nerfed shaman quickly before the playerbase gets even smaller because Of op bad designed characters.

Also I never said anything about teaching you how to play shaman. My exact words were that I've helped other players adapt and respond to light spam and offers the same to you.

At this point I don't care what you say, but don't lie, don't bend the truth, and don't put words in my mouth.

And you can go back through the posting history and fact check that.

Alustar.exe
12-01-2017, 07:37 PM
He is a punisher. That is what he is. When I see him, I canít help but think of the movie 300.(I know they were Spartans so spare me the correction). But that type of warrior is what I think of. Not one that dances around while making veiled attacks and sneaking in and out of range of the opponent. I see him as a guy that throat punches you and while you are gasping for breath he cuts your balls off and feeds them to you. But outside of punishes, he is very predictable with a very limited moveset. They eliminated his stand up jab which was a very good move. It was a bs move that made combos endless sometimes. But there were other nerfs that I believe were unneeded. The range being nerfed is the big one. If you play a good player that is using Shenobi or Nobushi, you are pretty well screwed, unless you are a parry expert. And actually, Shenobi is so much faster that he can be OOS and still be faster than Centurion with full stamina. His stamina regen is like molasses in January, beyond slow. He is a fun character as he has entertaining punishes, but for those that say he takes no skill to play with, you are nuts. His moves are so limited and well known, combos donít get past the first couple hits.(except wall splat). So you have to be a baiter and lure people into traps.

I'm sad to see centurion where he is now. I loved fighting them. They made it feel like I was fighting a huge boss battle, especially if there were three of them.

bob333e
12-01-2017, 07:49 PM
I'm sad to see centurion where he is now. I loved fighting them. They made it feel like I was fighting a huge boss battle, especially if there were three of them.

Wish I was there during the Centurion Period. I only came early November, and he was already a good challenge. Wish I had tasted his wrathful combos pre-nerf, I've been hearing so much about him having been "broken", what with wallsplat combos. That would have been fun to try to counter :D

Phenoloth
12-01-2017, 08:02 PM
For those trying to troll around.. I never said or claimed to be very good but Iím doing decent with allmost every hero.

Only when playing Cent I feel like completely misplaced. His biggest issue is indeed his range. How does it come that I canít GB and get CGB from exactly same distance from every other hero.

I played him even after nerf and I didnít feel weak like now. My question is still: Does anyone notice similar things? Iím pretty sure he got ninja nerfed post official nerf?

My cent is rep 37! So please stop *****ing with me.

Thanks

bob333e
12-01-2017, 08:05 PM
I wouldn't define him as weak. He has his strengths and his weaknesses, like every other hero, yet he excels at parry punishing; the best parry punisher in For Honor. And that's damn good.

Alustar.exe
12-01-2017, 08:08 PM
Wish I was there during the Centurion Period. I only came early November, and he was already a good challenge. Wish I had tasted his wrathful combos pre-nerf, I've been hearing so much about him having been "broken", what with wallsplat combos. That would have been fun to try to counter :D

Before some of his tweaks that was pretty much the game over period. Was all wallsplats mixed with his intense stamina drain. One or the other would have been bad enough, but until I learned to react to his quick grab you could be fine one second, then thirty seconds later you are out of stamina on the floor being impaled(if you are lucky cause then it would reset to neutral) or have a fully charged heavy coming while you are down, then just as you get up, before you can establish guard(cause oos) you get stabbed(again) then a fully charged jab to the face to knock you back down for the finishing epic leap of "where is your God now!?"

And that was rounds 1-30 ish. I had to learn when to dodge but most importantly (cause of the quick grab) when not to.

Phenoloth
12-01-2017, 08:11 PM
No one really dumb enough on higher reputation like 80+ to get fooled by parry + X.. sometimes it works yet but the outcome isnít thatbig of a deal post official nerf.

DID HE GOT NINJA NERFED?

YES or NO?

bob333e
12-01-2017, 08:13 PM
Before some of his tweaks that was pretty much the game over period. Was all wallsplats mixed with his intense stamina drain. One or the other would have been bad enough, but until I learned to react to his quick grab you could be fine one second, then thirty seconds later you are out of stamina on the floor being impaled(if you are lucky cause then it would reset to neutral) or have a fully charged heavy coming while you are down, then just as you get up, before you can establish guard(cause oos) you get stabbed(again) then a fully charged jab to the face to knock you back down for the finishing epic leap of "where is your God now!?"

And that was rounds 1-30 ish. I had to learn when to dodge but most importantly (cause of the quick grab) when not to.

Well, I'll be. Sounds like he was even harder than present-day Shaman. What's harder than chaining wallsplats and OOS punishes... even Shaman doesn't do it. Heck, I now envy anyone who hectically trained against him pre-nerf. Because those people now see him as a walking meme... whereas me, I'm still having some troubles timing some parries against him hahah

Tyrjo
12-01-2017, 09:49 PM
Centurion is still good. Awesome wall splat punish. Parry counter. Soft feint GB. Easy accesable stuns. Fast heavies.

ChampionRuby50g
12-01-2017, 09:53 PM
As the title says in my opinion the nerf hammer that hit the cent was way to big. Is it only me or does the cent feel even weaker then post nerf. Less damage, stamina, health and range...???

Did they ninja nerf him again because some cheesy 1-2 play assasin classes whined louder then everyone else?

Am i sucking? I used to play very decent even after nerf but now after a long time, i didnt touch him and tried to play him again and im really disappointed!

Cents are allmost on bottom of score list im noticing. I play only Shaman, Gladiator, Aramusha and Raider at the moment and i rarely loose vs Cents even vs high reputation.

Very sad about it, i bought this game after a Testweekend because i really liked the Cent..

So i guess the days of Cent are over.. probably i should ask for a refund, because thats not what i bought!!!!

Please balance this game properly or gtfo my sight FH!!

Perhaps this is the issue. You seriously can't expect to be as good as you allegedly where if you had not played this game in a long time? His range was slightly reduced on a few attacks, and the main nerf to him was to the infinite wall splat combo. So if you really feel he is weaker, thats maybe because you abused this combo?

Ask for a refund because the devs have made changes throughout the seasons? Oh no! My rep 37 LB's range on his top heavy was increased by .2 metres! It wasn't like that in Season 1, I should be compensated! That's how stupid it sounds.

The devs did balance the game when it came to Cent. That is the point of a nerf. If you are struggling now, maybe you aren't as good as you thought you where. There was no "ninja nerf"

brashtralas
12-01-2017, 10:57 PM
For those trying to troll around.. I never said or claimed to be very good but Iím doing decent with allmost every hero.

Only when playing Cent I feel like completely misplaced. His biggest issue is indeed his range. How does it come that I canít GB and get CGB from exactly same distance from every other hero.

I played him even after nerf and I didnít feel weak like now. My question is still: Does anyone notice similar things? Iím pretty sure he got ninja nerfed post official nerf?

My cent is rep 37! So please stop *****ing with me.

Thanks

Heís just really, really buggy. He becomes staggered off of many of his own attacks. Hell, he still canít fight minions without becoming staggered after every second hit FROM TWO SEASONS AGO.

His sprintóó> heavyóóó>charged jab results in self-stagger every time, without fail. Many of his jabs self-stagger, as can his kick. His charged heavy can self-stagger when he holds his blade in the downward position(for whatever reason), often after a parry counter.

So, heís buggy and poorly designed.

Not over powered, but comparable to a boss battle?

Interesting.

I main centurion now, and he was most certainly overpowered before. Now heís neutered, unfortunately, but thatís because they broke him down to the one component that was most hated. His ďcurltscene.Ē

Now itís his primary form of damage, and the newer, faster classes can essentially kill you in three fast hits while youíre stuck in it. Awesome.

Vordred
12-01-2017, 10:59 PM
? both were extremly op at launch, centurion took along time to nerf so i all my friends quit for honor because Of centurion. Its good dev nerfed shaman quickly before the playerbase gets even smaller because Of op bad designed characters.

yeah the Cent cause me to quit for the whole of season 2, because 4v4 became an extremely unfun thing to play, getting ganked by 2 or 3 cents is annoying as hell, as was getting wall splated and just sitting there watching your character die well having no control.

and well he is nowhere near as bad as he used to be, the whole cutscene thing is still a terrible idea. you should never take control of a players character away for extended periods of time.

UbiJurassic
12-01-2017, 11:08 PM
There was no ninja nerf to the Centurion. Every nerf to the Centurion has been documented in our patch notes, which you can find here (https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/index.aspx#patchnotes). Seeing as there is quite a bit of flaming and trolling going on, the community team will be closing this thread. As a reminder to everyone, we have forum rules (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1181761-Forum-Rules) and we expect you to follow them. Let's aim to make the forums a friendly, constructive place for players. Failure to follow the rules will result in infractions being given.