PDA

View Full Version : great job ubi..

VinDieseII69
11-30-2017, 06:36 PM
So you nerfed shaman but not arashuma with his inf light spam? no wonder why the community in this game is dying slowly

David_gorda
11-30-2017, 06:40 PM
So you nerfed shaman but not arashuma with his inf light spam? no wonder why the community in this game is dying slowlyyeah agreed. Still good that nerf shaman already and didnt collect data several months before nerf like they Did with centurion.

HumoLoco
11-30-2017, 08:27 PM
Still crying aramusha's cheap inf light spam? How about you do top block? It's only stop them.

Vordred
11-30-2017, 08:33 PM
they probably didn't nerf the aramusha because he doesn't need to be.

Jarl.Felix
11-30-2017, 09:43 PM
Still crying aramusha's cheap inf light spam? How about you do top block? It's only stop them.

I can see how noob is this one ...

You know right he can feint top in another side and again, and again ? It won't be the famous " infinite light spam" but it's DMG taken nontheless. Not instant, but almost instant !

Got it ?

Vordred
11-30-2017, 09:47 PM
I can see how noob is this one ...

You know right he can feint top in another side and again, and again ?

yeah he can, but he still has to hit you with a top light first to soft feint into a side, he has to do top light/heavy into top heavy, then feint,

so yeah blocking top still applies. only way he can aviod doing a top, is to do side light, side heavy, feint to side light, side heavy, feint to side light and so on.

and to be honest that's never going to work on anyone, and if it does he will just burn his stamina before he kills anyway.

Waxfacts
11-30-2017, 10:31 PM
Considering his full guard top heavy isn't guaranteed on everyone, no heavy off of guard break, and has no options besides light spam i think we can take a second before addressing his op. Id really like to resolve shaman first. Throw and pounce still launches you crazy far for wall splat and ledging, and we arent sure yet if the nerf is enough or to much. 1 character at a time.

UbiJurassic
12-01-2017, 12:34 AM
So you nerfed shaman but not arashuma with his inf light spam? no wonder why the community in this game is dying slowly
The team is certainly aware of the concerns some players have regarding Aramusha's light combo. While no balance changes were made to him in the most recent live update, that doesn't mean we won't look to make possible changes in a future update. That said, part of the frustration with his combo may stem from the type of class you play as. Assassin classes in particular have a very difficult time defending against Aramusha's lights due to reflex guard. The timing for blocking it is incredibly tight, so I'd suggest hopping in a private game with a friend and practicing blocking his combo.

JediGamerFurius
12-01-2017, 01:22 AM
That said, part of the frustration with his combo may stem from the type of class you play as. Assassin classes in particular have a very difficult time defending against Aramusha's lights due to reflex guard. The timing for blocking it is incredibly tight, so I'd suggest hopping in a private game with a friend and practicing blocking his combo.

The easier way to avoid light combo for an assassin is to dodge or deflect, since assassins have bad guards. To block with an assassin you must be really good on blocks. Normaly I would prefer a deflect or a dodge with a kick.

CandleInTheDark
12-01-2017, 01:25 AM
So ok,here is the thing, yes,some people struggle with Aramusha.

Cast your minds back though, who did people lose their minds about not even on day one but before day one? That would be the Shaman. And the devs found that hey, yes, there might be something in that and they can change a few things quickly in a live update and make a further fix in a title update, things that don't break her,probably needed minimum testing because the issue was mostly in stamina, damage and distance numbers, so it is a quick and easy fix.

So yes it is absolutely right that they tone down the Shaman and it doesn't mean that they aren't going to look at the Aramusha, it just means they could do something to fix what people have been complaining about louder, longer and in more numbers right now.

In before defending his new main, not touched the Aramusha other than in how to play against bots and not really intending to right now, too many things I want to do first.

In before whining Shaman is op, I use her, I intend to use her some more once the tracking fix has gone through.

Just to save you energy typing and me energy rolling my eyes and all ;)

WABO423
12-01-2017, 01:36 AM
So ok,here is the thing, yes,some people struggle with Aramusha.

Cast your minds back though, who did people lose their minds about not even on day one but before day one? That would be the Shaman. And the devs found that hey, yes, there might be something in that and they can change a few things quickly in a live update and make a further fix in a title update, things that don't break her,probably needed minimum testing because the issue was mostly in stamina, damage and distance numbers, so it is a quick and easy fix.

So yes it is absolutely right that they tone down the Shaman and it doesn't mean that they aren't going to look at the Aramusha, it just means they could do something to fix what people have been complaining about louder, longer and in more numbers right now.

In before defending his new main, not touched the Aramusha other than in how to play against bots and not really intending to right now, too many things I want to do first.

In before whining Shaman is op, I use her, I intend to use her some more once the tracking fix has gone through.

Just to save you energy typing and me energy rolling my eyes and all ;)

Oooo your defending your new op main 😄

CandleInTheDark
12-01-2017, 01:45 AM
Oooo your defending your new op main ��

*throws a pen at* :p

Vakris_One
12-01-2017, 05:01 AM
*throws a pen at* :p
Is that a 400ms pen throw? If so I'm afraid it's OP :p

ChampionRuby50g
12-01-2017, 05:31 AM

Actually, it's quicker than that due to been matched with someone overseas, the latency is very high and time snap removal turns that into 200ms pen throws. Highly recommend an immediate hotfix.

CandleInTheDark
12-01-2017, 10:39 AM

Peacekeeper main, enough said ;)

Alustar.exe
12-01-2017, 10:47 AM

So it's really not a 400MS pen throw, it's actually six cancelled pen spin tosses back to back.

CandleInTheDark
12-01-2017, 12:02 PM
So it's really not a 400MS pen throw, it's actually six cancelled pen spin tosses back to back.

Naturally but I was trying not to sound like I abused that.

CandleInTheDark
12-01-2017, 04:04 PM
actually have to learn ALL the game mechanics :)

I would very much recommend this, it was why I tried berserker when peacekeeper is always going to be my main overall, let alone main assassin and this weekend I will set out to at least rep one the kensei. It is ok if one of the top tier characters is what naturally draws you, I absolutely refuse to believe all peacekeepers/shaman/centurions main them only because they are top tier, I bought the game for peacekeeper before I knew about tier lists because genuinely sword and dagger dual wield is my thing, but it certainly doesn't hurt to learn how to get good with characters that don't have it so easy as well.

At the same time, feeling superior to people who play those top tier characters because it is the cool hipster thing to do isn't cool either.

Alustar.exe
12-01-2017, 04:04 PM
exactly this!! only a few can defend properly nowadays .. used to play their cent 1shot kill combo char and think they are good players.. now they see they were wrong.. now they cry..

gitgut and dont play OP charakters too much.. so u actually have to learn ALL the game mechanics :)

Lol the only thing that makes me want to cry are posts like these.
Not sad tears, mind you, but tears from a guy wrenching laughter that leaves sweet tears in my eye.
Please keep these angst ridden posts coming. Me and my friends are dying over laughing at all the salt from you kids.

ShadowStepped
12-01-2017, 04:19 PM
The team is certainly aware of the concerns some players have regarding Aramusha's light combo. While no balance changes were made to him in the most recent live update, that doesn't mean we won't look to make possible changes in a future update. That said, part of the frustration with his combo may stem from the type of class you play as. Assassin classes in particular have a very difficult time defending against Aramusha's lights due to reflex guard. The timing for blocking it is incredibly tight, so I'd suggest hopping in a private game with a friend and practicing blocking his combo.

Best way i can think to stop the light spam as an assassin is to deflect. With my Orochi i use hurricane blast for massive damage but it does get interuppted from time to time as it is something they will probably fix. The deflect will make them think twice about spamming that crap. I usually try to deflect on the top attack as sides are a little more difficult to pull off.

ShadowStepped
12-01-2017, 04:36 PM

ahahhahahahahahahahah,

JediGamerFurius
12-01-2017, 05:23 PM
Best way i can think to stop the light spam as an assassin is to deflect. With my Orochi i use hurricane blast for massive damage but it does get interuppted from time to time as it is something they will probably fix. The deflect will make them think twice about spamming that crap. I usually try to deflect on the top attack as sides are a little more difficult to pull off.

I do the same thing, deflects make them stop to doing it. Expecially a deflect with a kick and a heavy (shinobi).

Vakris_One
12-01-2017, 05:59 PM
Oh dear, you my friend are going to the special hell

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/78/bb/08/78bb08d9899399dfe28a694a462ff2a1--the-theatre-movie-theater.jpg

:p

CandleInTheDark
12-01-2017, 06:12 PM
Oh dear, you my friend are going to the special hell

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/78/bb/08/78bb08d9899399dfe28a694a462ff2a1--the-theatre-movie-theater.jpg

:p

I've heard even that one would kick me out. Besides,I have redeeming qualities, I also conqueror quite adeptly.

bob333e
12-01-2017, 09:43 PM
I would very much recommend this, it was why I tried berserker when peacekeeper is always going to be my main overall, let alone main assassin and this weekend I will set out to at least rep one the kensei. It is ok if one of the top tier characters is what naturally draws you, I absolutely refuse to believe all peacekeepers/shaman/centurions main them only because they are top tier, I bought the game for peacekeeper before I knew about tier lists because genuinely sword and dagger dual wield is my thing, but it certainly doesn't hurt to learn how to get good with characters that don't have it so easy as well.

At the same time, feeling superior to people who play those top tier characters because it is the cool hipster thing to do isn't cool either.

Very well said. I had bought this game primarily for the Warden. I'm a medieval fanboy, I love everything about medieval, knights, templars, bastard swords, holy/unholy orders and their knights, twohanded swords, and then of course the fantasy elements that For Honor incorporated. I was completely in awe at what Ubisoft were developing, and readily hopped on these forums in February. Though it was mostly to gather info; I knew I was clueless still, for I had not gotten the game and hence had nothing really meaningful to share.

My only regret, I wish I had gotten this game back in March or April. I only acquired it in November; when I finally got convinced, it wasn't really a pay-to-win game with microtransactions thrown about willy-nilly and can't play the game without paying extra money. It just took me a bit of time to finally realize it. (Doesn't mean though that I like how the current Steel system is over-inflated).

When I first got the game, finished that short-handed tutorial and got the 2,000 Steel, I opened Custom Match, picked Warden, picked a level 3 Warden bot, set 99 rounds, and started to practice. Right away. From day one. Before even Story Mode.

I try to avoid spending too much time on other characters because I feel it would rust me out a bit with the Warden. In order to really learn a hero you've got to know their timings, unique mechanics, styles, combos and mixups. To make up for this; I've resorted to crafting my own specialized dojo training simulator: Custom Match, level 3 bots, 99 rounds, zero damage, 10min timer, against every single hero character. The most training I've spent yet was against Centurion and Shaman, and still counting on with Shaman, currently.

I recommend everyone to spend more time against level 3 bots in training mode, and I should, at least, spend a bit more time maining all the other heroes for a quick short duration, in open PvP. I know how challenging level 3 bots are, and they can get annoying in 2v2s or 4v4s; but in training mode, they're awesome. I love them.

And I agree about people maining specific characters just because they simply like them. I've met really good Peacekeepers, Centurions, and Aramushas that there really was nothing cheesy or OP about them; it was pure skill and mind games, regardless of hero used, I'd have had to deal with the best of whatever hero those players used.

I've befriended two strong Wardens, who are also friendly people. And I'd happily befriend more skilled and friendly people; they're the best this community can give.