PDA

View Full Version : Ideas and Questions

JezzLawezz
11-30-2017, 04:25 PM
Sooooooooo this game (Skulls and bones) looks really promising, I have played pirate games sense a kid and i cant wait to see what ubisoft can do.

1. Will There Be INTENSE ship customization? That was my main thought while playing black flags, yes there where a lot of cool sails, and figure heads, but Im wondering if we will be able to change the ship itself.

2. 2v2 3v3 4v4 etc. but to clarify I mean all of the players on one ship, 1 controlling the the helm and others controlling cannons, sails, and mortars.

3. An OPEN social space kinda like WW2, you can dock your ship and a pirate kinda hang out, there can be a vault to store loot, you can buy ship upgrades, talk to other pirates, and just plain hangout.

4. Kinda taking away from my vault thing, THERE MUST BE LOOT, its a game about pirates if there's no loot system then how are we meant to be a pirate game xD

anyway thats mainly all i got other ideas but Im not going to drag this on

UbiInsulin
12-03-2017, 02:28 AM
Hi Jezz! Thanks very much for coming to the forums and letting us know what you'd like to see. :)

Customization and plunder are going to be major parts of the game. There's a bunch of resources listed here (https://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/1583-News-and-Announcements) which contain all the information we've released about the game so far!

del190830110037552
12-03-2017, 10:04 PM
Sooooooooo this game (Skulls and bones) looks really promising, I have played pirate games sense a kid and i cant wait to see what ubisoft can do.

1. Will There Be INTENSE ship customization? That was my main thought while playing black flags, yes there where a lot of cool sails, and figure heads, but Im wondering if we will be able to change the ship itself.

2. 2v2 3v3 4v4 etc. but to clarify I mean all of the players on one ship, 1 controlling the the helm and others controlling cannons, sails, and mortars.

3. An OPEN social space kinda like WW2, you can dock your ship and a pirate kinda hang out, there can be a vault to store loot, you can buy ship upgrades, talk to other pirates, and just plain hangout.

4. Kinda taking away from my vault thing, THERE MUST BE LOOT, its a game about pirates if there's no loot system then how are we meant to be a pirate game xD

anyway thats mainly all i got other ideas but Im not going to drag this on

"cant wait to see what ubisoft can do" well...ubisoft is very good at...making trailers...thats pretty much it unfortunately...

CliveVLewis
12-06-2017, 01:40 PM
I cannot wait for this game :D

Evers1338
12-07-2017, 12:39 AM
"cant wait to see what ubisoft can do" well...ubisoft is very good at...making trailers...thats pretty much it unfortunately...

Siege which is one of the best FPS Games currently out there and grows year by year would like a word with you, so would South Park (fantastic adaption of the tv show), Valiant Hearts (just a fantastic game with great artstyle and a great story), Steep (nieche game sure but non the less a great game in it's nieche), Ghost Recon (granted the Story could have been better but the Coop Gameplay was fun as hell), hell even The Division is a great game if you know what you are getting into (a rpg looter shooter, if you expect a tactical tps it's obviously wrong for you but it does very well what it wants to be) and so on. Claiming that all Ubisoft does is good trailer is just bs and with that statemant alone it's pretty clear that you are just here to troll.

I'm pretty excited for Skull&Bones and honestly I don't even get all this "why no land combat" complaining. I want to fight pirate ships and not walk around for hours on an island looking for a treasure.

del190830110037552
12-07-2017, 06:38 PM
Siege which is one of the best FPS Games currently out there and grows year by year would like a word with you, so would South Park (fantastic adaption of the tv show), Valiant Hearts (just a fantastic game with great artstyle and a great story), Steep (nieche game sure but non the less a great game in it's nieche), Ghost Recon (granted the Story could have been better but the Coop Gameplay was fun as hell), hell even The Division is a great game if you know what you are getting into (a rpg looter shooter, if you expect a tactical tps it's obviously wrong for you but it does very well what it wants to be) and so on. Claiming that all Ubisoft does is good trailer is just bs and with that statemant alone it's pretty clear that you are just here to troll.

I'm pretty excited for Skull&Bones and honestly I don't even get all this "why no land combat" complaining. I want to fight pirate ships and not walk around for hours on an island looking for a treasure.

sure I wanna fight ships too but not ONLY that! I dont know what kind of person you are who would love to fight ships for hours and hours doing the same thing over and over like world of warships...black flag is not successful for its ship fights only, but also for its land parts and underwater and so on! all the pirate fantasies you can imagine are in black flag! fighting ships is just ONE part of the pirate fantasy and shouldnt be a singular focus..THATS IT! I'm not a troller or anything like that! you are pretty much one of the very few people who love ubisoft games but there are far more people who dislike ubisoft games because full of bugs, not much content, servers down, etc. etc.

oh and by the way, read this: https://ibb.co/fL44kb

Stainless001
12-11-2017, 02:32 PM
Hey Jezz,

First off welcome to the forums! I'll try and answer as many of these from what we as the community know so far (which isn't a lot :) )

1. There will be multiple ship types that you can command in the game, for example brigs, sloops etc. I don't know if there's been a confirmed number of ships stated yet but each ship will have it's own specialties as you would expect from greater speed to greater armour etc. As for customisation I know from interviews the team have said that customising your ship is really important to them because it'll give each player and their ship their own identity, the degree to which we'll be able to customise at this point though I'm not sure.

2. As far as I'm aware this will not be in the game whatsoever, as others have said the player character in Skull & Bones is really the ship rather than the captain. Each player will only command their own ship and you wont be able to be part of the crew of your friends ship like you can be in Sea of Thieves for example. The multiplayer modes though will have team based game ie 4 ship against 4 ship and what have you.

3. Nothing like this has been talked about yet but a little pirate cove with a tavern etc would be really cool. Again it's very early days and we've not heard a lot about the game since E3 so expect to get more details in 2018.

4. I believe there is going to be loot, I know for sure you can capture coin and resources from defeated ships which I assume you can then use to level up your ship, improve it, or sell on to get even more coin.

Gguywesker101
12-21-2017, 06:37 PM
Remember, Ubisoft, character and vehicle costumization, aswell as non linear gameplay is the winning point of an online game, keep that in mind during development. linear singleplayer is ok, but when you think online, one should make it a thing you could easily immerse yourself in. Currently playing Black flag, and i am enjoying sailing as i please, when i please, i spent alot of time just exploring islands and seing the sights, combine that with costumizations and online gameplay, and you got all you need.

Keep it in mind. -Gguy

LaughsManiacaly
01-05-2018, 05:58 PM
So on this ideas thing one main issue I've seen is no abillity to walk the deck, to walk around your ship in general. I hope if nothing more this gets added in. The whole joy of acbf was the adventure of boarding fights as a change to the standard naval fight.

Stainless001
01-06-2018, 02:34 PM
So on this ideas thing one main issue I've seen is no abillity to walk the deck, to walk around your ship in general. I hope if nothing more this gets added in. The whole joy of acbf was the adventure of boarding fights as a change to the standard naval fight.

I don't believe that'll be added, especially since the idea behind Skull & Bones is that the ship is the player character. You control from the helm rather than freely walking around the ship. Who knows though, could be a cool public lobby idea.

Tactical-Raven
01-06-2018, 05:20 PM
I think they are trying to make the switch views system as easy as possible to pick up and use switching between the left and right side of your ship, helm view and crows nest. allowing you to move about the ship will be different camera work and while scenic will be vastly underused in my opinion simply because with the current camera angles I can find and kill you a whole lot more efficiently. It would be a nice immersion feature but I doubt it would make an appearance upon launch For Honor did a lot of animation changes so maybe the developers would consider adding this in if the community cries loudly enough for it after launch, personally I feel it would be a waste of time and resources that could be better spent elsewhere.