PDA

View Full Version : A card that needs a nerf (In my opinion)

Mysteri0n777
11-29-2017, 06:35 PM
Now I feel I am gonna get a lot of people who do not agree with me on this, but please hear me out.

Many people tend to finger Hookhand Clyde as the one needing a nerf. While his ability can be OP, I'm gonna be devil's advocate here: His ability is luck based, had you be able to pick your target then yeah I'd agree, but Clyde don't always work out. Either due to either not hitting your desired target or flatout backfiring by hitting one with a big deathwish ability.

Having said that, there is one card at the moment I feel needs a nerf that is more controllable than Clyde.

Cyborg Kenny

Now I know many use him and the purpose of the deck he in is to inflict ailments. But I think in comparison to the rest, he needs a bit of a nerf. His ability lasts way too long, it doesn't help he hits hard bein an assassin, he heals your character (which not always bad if it fade before getting hit I admit) and if they got a deathwish, the enemy gets it. I've seen many times I lose a match just because of this card.

I admit, it more likely it just me being annoyed and Cyborg Kenny being balanced. But I feel it could be altered a bit, so I come up with possible nerfs that could make him still useful but give players more sentive to use him more stategically instead of makin him fodder to take control of a hard hitter.

1: Lower the time of his initial effect. In comparison to Mind control, both lvl 1 and costing 4, Mind control last only 7 seconds compared to Kenny. Possibly switch them around.

2: Remove the healing effect, can make players think more carefully about who they have Kenny killed by. Or another way is:

3: Keep the healing effect BUT make it so the full health pool of the target is halved, thus making them more vulnerable to new kid lightning or them summoning someone to kill them.

I could be completely wrong here and Cyborg Kenny might be more balanced than I think. If that the case, let me know why and who you think needs a nerf.

vincenttnecniv
11-29-2017, 07:34 PM
Stick a mob card in your deck. Rats, Birds, Gnomes. They render him useless.

Clyde needs his stats lowered. I'm fine with his ability, but he's on par with most fighters. Cut his hp in half.

Mysteri0n777
11-29-2017, 10:36 PM
I see your point. It has been used before, but unfortunately it not always that easy, many I encounter run Nathan, Nelly or Terrance, who render them useless and a waste of energy, it tend to leave me open.

I also get your point bout cutting Clydes health. But halfs a bit too much, it'd make him frail like a range or assasin, He shares similar health pools to other fighters, do it to him and you'd have to do it the rest. There purpose is to be the middle man, not tanky and weak like the tank but not frail and strong like a assassin. It'd kinda defeat his purpose

MyApolojizz
12-01-2017, 01:13 PM
While Cyborg K. is in my list of the most unbalanced chars, it remains a card that its effect CAN be countered.
Other guys above mentioned the rats, gnomes etc, myself since I play Mystical I just added a Purify : i can counter Mind Control, Poison AND freaking broken Regeneration.
MBP is also an unbalanced card - among pretty much all Legendaries, it's a P2W game after all - and that's why I added Unholy Combustion
thing is
to the overwhelming majority of the cards you find out to irk you, there is a card you can add to deal with it
EXCEPT
the f*ing Hookhand Clyde,
Clyde is the most cruel joke of all,
3/5 times he is sniping the exact minion that i try to protect, 1/5 is generic value with 1 shot and only 1/5 it will damage the leader making him "unworthy"
but the truth of the matter is that this particular Clyde can **** 1 character with his battlecry and just 1v1 another one.
Why ?
I found myself wasting UC to Clyde while he is charging his battlecry just not to be so screwed.

And tbh I was SURE that in the next days was gonna be nerfed to the ground but I don't see it happening and it makes me close and forget about the whole damn game.

machin7777
12-04-2017, 09:15 PM
@Mysterion. Like the others said, add little unit for counter him. If ur opponent have Mephesto use a value fireball. If he havent you just can use a lightning bolt. 4 energy for 4 you are fine.

@guest : play mystical for counter mystical... It's true and sad :( and yeah hookhand clyde is broken and ******ed. RNG will never be well in an action/strategy game. But actually unisoft thinks he's balanced. I know, it's a joke, They probably never played their game.
Check it here.
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1792481-I-m-broken-I-m-OP-I-need-a-nerf-but-Who-i-am-Let-s-guess-!?p=13124647#post13124647

For me, hookhand clyde needs to cost 4 and stats nerf or a rework. Actually it's just a lightning bolt for 3 with a body...

oyuncuyum1
12-12-2017, 11:05 AM
all clydes take another card down with warcry: hercules, dwarf king, alien clyde they all deal considerable damage. that card doesn't need to nerf.
btw people use hookhand wrong imo. they cast it when the first card is put down. wait more cards so you have more cards it can hit other than the new kid.

Cocorscarfe
12-18-2017, 02:34 PM
so many ways to stop kenny tho
he sometimes stops regen when they cast purify in the crowd its nice
i just use rats or birds to kill him usually or mind control him even

clyde seems to be hitting my starvin marvin every time tho, itd be nice if he hit my astro butters instead but nope
but why not make him hit any random target even his own? its a gamble to even it out

Mysteri0n777
12-18-2017, 04:14 PM
@Cocoscarfe
Problem with that is it'd be too much, it'd go from an Overused to a Neverused. I have encountered many fantasy users, and no one ever used **** Magic, because it could pretty much screw you over.

As for the counters for CK, the only one that's Viable is Purify, but if your not a mystic user, your other choices are very limited and even then can screw you over.
Most swarm cards cost too much, with the exception of Gnomes, but even then they are extremely frail and can easily countered by any AoE attack or effect, if they run Kenny, they likely to run Stan too, meaning I'll likely waste power to take care of a frail card, with the only exception being arrowstorm, but even then it not guranteed and most likely will not only have more troops than you, but likely being able to take the damage no problem and still swarm.

oyuncuyum1
12-19-2017, 07:22 AM
Mind control users piss me off to no end - yet to be fair kenny is not that strong. It can be countered by rats/pigeons/lightning/fireball/arrowstorm/poison. If you time it right you can kill kenny with an assassin and let your assassin be killed by kenny at the same time or you can last hit with your new kid. Alas if you cannot do any of it you have to kill kenny and be prepared kill the card who kills kenny. It's only fair.

Pascalito222
09-21-2018, 02:52 AM
Seriously the most ******ed game breaking unti in all the deck ... need serious nerf or more cost for the card ex: 4 AT LEAST

Ghianfavel
10-15-2018, 06:21 AM
Stick a mob card in your deck. Rats, Birds, Gnomes. They render him useless.

Clyde needs his stats lowered. I'm fine with his ability, but he's on par with most fighters. Cut his hp in half. or something like Medusa cancels deathwish. Inuit Kenny can straight up kill your best card. McK isn't so bad

Noxide7
10-18-2018, 03:08 PM
I think the best solution for Hook-hand Clyde is to get rid of the randomized element of his Warcry.

Instead of a random target including the enemy tower, Hook-Hand will always target the furthest enemy in the battle ground, (the target is selected the moment your Hook-hand is summoned and does not change if an enemy combatant is summoned right after). Now the card will have to be played more skillfully and it becomes a way to combat people from putting their Mecha Timmy's or Stan's in the back to gain charge.