PDA

View Full Version : PC [PleaseFix] Fishermen, boats and me

Deepcuts
11-28-2017, 02:45 PM
Those fishermen and their boats are driving me crazy.
Lake Mareotis is full of them and the worst part is that when you swim, they constantly ran me over with their boats or interpose between me and my target crocodile or hippo.
My take on this, because I do not understand a word they are saying, is that they come to your rescue.
But to me, it sounds more like they are mad at me you for some reason, judging by their tone and they are trying to kill me with their boats and prevent me from killing my prey (crocodiles and hippos).
If a future update could fix this would be nice.

cawatrooper9
11-28-2017, 03:05 PM
Hey Deepcuts,

The reason that they come is because the large bodies of water can take a very long time to navigate if you're just swimming.

You should be able to swim past them. Are they still coming after you even once you've passed them?

Uranus888
11-28-2017, 03:45 PM
They come handy for the reasons cawatrooper9 said but what could indeed be changed in a future patch would be that they stop a few feets away from your current position and not after they ran you over ;-)

Sithax
11-28-2017, 07:53 PM
Maybe make the mount whistle call them when you are in the water.

The1Raven
11-28-2017, 09:56 PM
Those guys are a little over enthusiastic for sure.

I'm pretty sure their modern day descendants are driving arround trying to make me t-bone them in GTA.

Ubi-Boat
11-28-2017, 11:49 PM
Hey everyone!

I will make sure the team gets all of the feedback on the random boat operators placed around bodies of water. Thank you, everyone, for sharing!

ai_ab
11-28-2017, 11:59 PM
Well, they are really insistent in their attempts to run over the player character. As soon as you are in the water and there is a random boat somewhere around it won't take long until it tries to ram the player character.

mark_hawaii
11-29-2017, 06:38 AM
Anyone who runs me over using their boat pays a price. I get on the boat and ram it against the nearest rock. The mast and sails fall on the deck, and that's the end of the boat. If the boat is too big to pilot, just lay waste to it with a few fireballs. Turn it into a ghost ship.

IsAZebraACat
11-29-2017, 08:10 AM
Whenever I swim past them they don't come after me.

Wombles-_-
11-29-2017, 08:30 AM
Some of the boat AI operators can be aggressive in there attempts to help you, I like the idea of them stopping a few feet away from you.