PDA

View Full Version : Zone attack harder to execute

SanaMinatozaki-
11-28-2017, 03:05 AM
Zone attack has been harder to execute. Using razer wildcat xbox controller on PC. The timing for light + heavy needs to be accurate. Ubisoft please fix.

CandleInTheDark
11-28-2017, 03:23 AM
Realistically zone is how it should always have been, a deliberate pressing of both buttons together rather than being able to be lazy in how you pull off what, for most characters, is a pretty powerful attack.

In any case I doubt it is going to approach the timing that it had before it was changed since this is their flicker fix, the fact that they closed down the buffer means people can't screw around with that any more and honestly that is a much preferable state to how it was before, speaking as someone who mains one of the characters that was notorious for abusing it.

UbiInsulin
11-28-2017, 03:28 AM
Zone attack has been harder to execute. Using razer wildcat xbox controller on PC. The timing for light + heavy needs to be accurate. Ubisoft please fix.

Hi SanaMinatozaki-! We've actually let the team know that players have been having a bit more difficulty with zone attacks ever since the flicker fix.

SanaMinatozaki-
11-28-2017, 04:17 AM
Hi SanaMinatozaki-! We've actually let the team know that players have been having a bit more difficulty with zone attacks ever since the flicker fix.

Thank you sir! When i want to cast zone attack, i will unintentionally cast either Light or heavy attack. Hope the fix will be done immediately.

CandleInTheDark
11-28-2017, 04:48 AM

So long as any change doesn't bring back flicker because honestly with some practice it comes out more often than not and it would be a real step backwards to reintroduce flicker abuse.

SanaMinatozaki-
11-28-2017, 05:08 AM
So long as any change doesn't bring back flicker because honestly with some practice it comes out more often than not and it would be a real step backwards to reintroduce flicker abuse.
most important is we can comfortably cast zone attack.

Knight_Raime
11-28-2017, 08:41 AM
As frustrating as this is i'd rather lose a fight or 2 due to my improper timing then go back to zone flicker nonsense.

Charmzzz
11-28-2017, 09:16 AM
Do not change it back to the "flicker" state! Let people adapt to the new timing and it's good.

Vordred
11-28-2017, 10:10 AM
yeah, i do not want to see flicker comeback, under any circumstances.

people just have to get better at pressing the buttons together, it's not that hard.

and sure it's frustrating when you go to do a zone and get a heavy, which gets parried, but i would rather that than deal with people spamming flicker zones all day.

CandleInTheDark
11-28-2017, 10:27 AM
most important is we can comfortably cast zone attack.

And I can currently nine times in ten because I have bothered to practice and found the way that works most consistently for me.

Ackturi
11-28-2017, 11:00 AM
It took me a while to learn the zone because I changed to a controller for my wrists. But I like the timing and if people can't zone properly then they deserve to be punished for trying to just slam two buttons together without worry.

Alustar.exe
11-28-2017, 12:52 PM
I find in not zone attacking on accident as often anymore, so that's a good thing. Downside is I have to train my fingers. I'll take that over accidentally gong stamina broken from an extra zone hit I didn't want to do

CandleInTheDark
11-28-2017, 01:05 PM
I find in not zone attacking on accident as often anymore, so that's a good thing. Downside is I have to train my fingers. I'll take that over accidentally gong stamina broken from an extra zone hit I didn't want to do

Also a good point, I play berserker at times and my first tries at getting into dauntless stance, back when it took four to get there, I wound up under the impression that the zone attack was part of getting into it until I figured out how long I needed to leave it. Honestly the way it is now is the way it should have started, two buttons at once is not an uncommon thing and I think if it had started out that way, people would have gotten used to it. Right now people are going to the devs because they want their easy activation back.

Burn-The-Sinner
11-28-2017, 02:31 PM
Bind light and heavy attack to the same button and use that as a dedicated zone attack button.

Sneaky-Patches
11-28-2017, 02:32 PM
Iím having a lot of trouble with it too. Could we please have the option to bind it to R3 on console? Maybe even double clicking R3 would feint the Zone mid animation for those that have zones like that.

D-d0g56
11-28-2017, 05:26 PM
I believe where people are disagreeing on this, is from the inconsistencies of characters and platforms. When playing Orochi, I've found his zone a little harder to perform but is still manageable. However HL is in desperate need of having his zone fixed. Even when you try your best to time the inputs it only comes out 1/3 of the time even at times when you could swear blind you did it right. Also playing on console with controller doesn't help. The heavy button is a trigger not a bumper, so the input is easily mistimed over the other. Using a mouse would be better in this case because it would feel more like two bumpers. I've found there to be a definite deference between characters though.

AkenoKobayashi
11-28-2017, 10:24 PM
I got a new controller as well, and it is overall harder to use do to the buttons requiring harder presses and the sticks being temperamental. I've tried zoning, but due to the triggers being weird I have to time it right to get it right.

SanaMinatozaki-
12-06-2017, 08:13 AM
any ETA for this fix?

bob333e
12-06-2017, 04:14 PM
No problems for me with the new zone attack button timing. I agree with Candle and Alustar. Better to have it with a more strict timing than have it as an easy activation. Zone attacks in general are quick and deadly. That shouldn't be too easy to activate.

I also relate with the others who mentioned getting a new controller. New controllers are a bit harder to press, I agree. But this will wear out in like a week or so.

SanaMinatozaki-
12-10-2017, 07:32 AM
No problems for me with the new zone attack button timing. I agree with Candle and Alustar. Better to have it with a more strict timing than have it as an easy activation. Zone attacks in general are quick and deadly. That shouldn't be too easy to activate.

I also relate with the others who mentioned getting a new controller. New controllers are a bit harder to press, I agree. But this will wear out in like a week or so.

it is way to tough for those using controller. the mods already report the issue to the developers and it will be fix. :p