PDA

View Full Version : Devs please read this regarding nerfs

WastedPunk
11-25-2017, 11:23 PM
The way this game works and the key to winning a battle relies extremely heavily on 2 factors.
i) Understanding the moveset of a hero/How the character works.
ii) The way people use that hero and the combos they have.

For example I search up duels,I see that I'm put up against an orochi,now I do not know who my enemy is or how they play,But I do know that orochi's top light and zone are his best tools meaning I automatically try to counter those moves.
Now just because I know that doesn't mean I automatically win,people use a hero in various ways,it's not necessary that the enemy will only do what I expect him to do.For example with raider,his stunning tap feint and zone feint are the 2 most common combos used by players making it a bit easier to see and react to.

Point being that it is necessary to see how a hero works and how people use them.

The reason I said this all is because I feel that people don't see it this way when new characters come out,even though it is the essential part of the game mechanic.
People don't bother learning the moveset,combos and the punishes for the hero.
They automatically assume they are op because they lost to them.
Season 2 Centurion and Shinobi both were nerfed heavily because people kept complaining.
Season 3 people complained and still do that the Gladiator is/was op and either that Highlander needs a buff/nerf.
Now that doesn't mean the characters were perfect,yes they were in need of tweaks but that's not my point.My point is people will ALWAYS complain about characters every season because they don't bother understanding how the game works,they just want to win.

For example even though it has only been a few days,I have noticed that the way people use Shaman is to feint a left unblockable into either a dodge attack or a light.
People feint the second part of the zone into a bleed.
People feint the dash (after a bleed has been applied) tricking you to dodge but then they let it go the second time.

Aramusha feinting top heavy into side light and light from side into top and cancelling the zone into a light.

Now to defend my point,I am a rep 22 player,A Highlander and a raider main.
And I have had absolutely no trouble dealing with either of the heroes.Once I do everything I mentioned above.

Now this thread is probably going to be filled with "Wow ofcourse a shaman main defending his op class,Kys you don't know anything about the game"
But if there are people that disagree with me then please let me know why,I would love to hear the opinion of others.

Alustar.exe
11-25-2017, 11:33 PM
I tip my hat top you, get ready for a **** storm. =/
(I don't disagree a bit here)

David_gorda
11-25-2017, 11:54 PM
Fix the latency in the Game first so we dont Die to infinite lightspam noob becaue reflex guard not working.

Knight_Raime
11-25-2017, 11:59 PM
While the devs have made some mistakes regarding some nerfs in the past they've never caved to obvious crying.
I don't think we have to worry about them over nerfing shaman or aramusha purely based on the forums being on fire.
They usually can figure out what is an actual balance problem on their own. It's how they choose to balance that can get a little messy sometimes.

Jarl.Felix
11-26-2017, 12:31 AM
Priceless moment here.

When everyone, even devs acknowledged shaman is too op and must be tweaked... but kids who enjoy too much their new toy come with up with a walltext of nothing to support each other with the "gid gud argument" ... =))

Just priceless.