PDA

View Full Version : New characters. Dodge or Parry/Block

Larry.Foulke
11-25-2017, 11:51 AM
It's getting more and more annoying that every new character is either a hybrid (being fast and dodgy) or an assassin, with only the highlander and centurion not being the dodgy ones. I would like to see finally some vanguards and heavies because the dodge-block-parry question is just getting very very one sided.
Will there only be more hybrid/assassins like the last few seasons?

Armosias
11-25-2017, 12:17 PM
I think vanguards and heavies will come as the next 6 heroes.

CandleInTheDark
11-25-2017, 03:13 PM
I think the characters came out this way so that by the end of the year all factions had the same spread of characters, two assassins, two different combinations of hybrid out of the three possible (well six if you emphasise one over the other) a vanguard and a heavy. There are people who only play the characters in their faction which eh, is fine so long as they stop trying to make the devs put in something to make everyone else, and I very much suspect that had the devs done different character types, there would have been posts like this only on the topic of where is my second assassin.

That being said, I do hope to see some heavy and vanguard types though preferably after the og have all had reworks. With the defensive meta fixes, they are likely more viable, since in the state of the game at the start people would have complained about them as much as they do the dlc characters from this year. I would like to see them spend three to six months get the the reworks done then sell season passes with either three lots of two characters as they did this year (if they can get the reworks done quicker) or two lots of three for the latter two seasons.

SammyCannon
11-25-2017, 03:21 PM
So many mistakes. They should have focused more on dedicated servers and arena practice, different game modes and then balanced out assassins with new vanguards/heavies.
The pc defensive meta should have been solved with other methods that goes for all heroes, not by introducing single heroes.

CandleInTheDark
11-25-2017, 03:36 PM
So many mistakes. They should have focused more on dedicated servers and arena practice, different game modes and then balanced out assassins with new vanguards/heavies.
The pc defensive meta should have been solved with other methods that goes for all heroes, not by introducing single heroes.

The practice mode is about ready but they can't work it in yet because it changes the bit console players get to play when the game is partially downloaded so they have to resubmit the entire game for certification, this is a longer process than their regular patches. We know dedicated servers are on the way and that they have had a test game on them but P2P is the fighter game standard and I am guessing there is a reason for that (not a game designer) so they weren't wrong to try that first.

Like I said, I believe the heroes came as they did because instead of posts saying too many assassins, we would have posts saying how come the knights have two and my faction don't this is clear op favouritism (we have had posts like that with the devs keeping the structure the same for all factions, it would be worse without that). While the new heroes are more capable of cracking turtles, they have put in changes that affect more heroes, there are more changes coming this season and I would hope that with the reworks, the other heroes all have viable and versatile kits, they should be aiming for the kind of kits shaman and gladiator have in my view where actually finishing chains is possible and encouraged.