PDA

View Full Version : Season pass

PopnYoAss
11-24-2017, 08:53 PM
How come on the playstation store the gold edition is 40 usd and the season pass is 40usd. I paid full price for the game already and was considering buying the season pass to try the highlander. Ive since changed my mind. Thats some crooked **** guys. I can buy the entire game with season pass for the same price as just the season pass? Lol.. Wow! Wow! Wow!

Tundra 793
11-24-2017, 09:43 PM
I think It's because the Gold Edition is on sale for 40, it's usually 100.

PopnYoAss
11-24-2017, 10:39 PM
I think youre missing my the point of this post

Tundra 793
11-24-2017, 10:49 PM
One item is on sale, the other is not. It's nothing to do with crookedness, nor is this particularly unusual for a game that's been out this long already.

PopnYoAss
11-24-2017, 11:06 PM
Actually theyre both on sale one is 60% the other is 25%. I can buy the entire game and the season pass for the same price as just the season pass. So those of us who payed full retail are getting screwed out of more money. Crooked.

Tundra 793
11-24-2017, 11:12 PM
It's clearly a deal meant to draw in new players to a game that's what, 8-9 months old by now?

Discounts are part of any marketplace dude. I bought For Honor at full price on launch day, and I knew full well it would see discounts during its lifecycle, that doesn't entitle me to always get my money back when the game drops in price. And in no way are we getting "screwed out of more money" if you elect to simply not spend any. No one's forcing you to buy anything. If all you want is the Highlander just save up some Steel and buy him.

And if the Season Pass is also 25% off, that's the deal you're getting if you already own the game.

PopnYoAss
11-24-2017, 11:27 PM
I didnt ask for my money back and that is not a deal at all. Im literally baffled youre even arguing with me. None of your points are valid in any way justifying what my issue is. I feel like your arguing just for the sake of arguing. Those of us who bought the game full price and look this direction for the season pass during holiday sales should have a bad taste in our mouths. Its the same price for the entire game and season pass, as it is just the season pass!!! There is no justifying that.. Why is extra content being sold for more than the base game anyways? You cant be serious....

Tundra 793
11-25-2017, 12:23 AM
Actually theyre both on sale one is 60% the other is 25%. I can buy the entire game and the season pass for the same price as just the season pass. So those of us who payed full retail are getting screwed out of more money. Crooked.

I've just Googled a few different stores, and it's wildly inconsistent where the game and pass are on sale, but it's not $40 across the board for the pass.
But to re-iterate; you're not getting screwed out of money if you're not spending money. There's no law requiring any product stay at the same price forever.

None of your points are valid in any way justifying what my issue is

In that case I don't think I have a clue what your issue is?
From my point of view, one product is on sale, the other is not;

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0001-CUSA05218_00-FORHONORGOLD0000

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0001-CUSA05218_00-FHSP000000000000

Those of us who bought the game full price and look this direction for the season pass during holiday sales should have a bad taste in our mouths.

It's Black Friday, I'm not sure that counts as a holiday sale, especially internationally. It's also entirely possible the pass will get discounted at a later time, closer to the holidays.

Why is extra content being sold for more than the base game anyways?

Again, the game might be on sale, no doubt a deliberate move to draw in new players. The publisher isn't required to proportionally discount anything else just because the game is on sale.
On top of that, a good chunk of the community has considered the Season Pass fairly priced and worth it, at full price.

Just to summarize my stance; One thing is on sale, another is not. I'm having a hard time thinking of good reasons to get outraged by this, we're not required to buy either, and if all you want is 1 of the new heroes, just save up Steel.

PopnYoAss
11-25-2017, 12:44 AM
No one said it was illegal or they were forced to discount anything. No one said i was getting screwed out of money or have to spend any. I dont want to spend steel or i would have done so. I dont understand why you dont understand? I dont understand why a season pass costs more than the base game. The point is i wanted the season pass and was prepared to pay for it until i saw the price. I make good money and could care less about 40 dollars but thats asking too much. If other people like it and will pay it so be it. I think its a greedy number when once again i can buy the entire game and pass for the same exact price.