PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes - December 4th and 6th

Ubi-Ligario
11-24-2017, 07:33 PM
On December 6th we have released another small update to increase the difficulty level on some Olympic events. In this way those event will now offer a more challenging experience and it'll be less easy to get those medals. Complete list below:

Big air (Gold)
Slopestyle (Silver, Gold)
Downhill (Gold)
Giant Slalom (Gold)
Slalom (Gold)
Super G (Gold)
Half pipe (Gold)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Steep Riders!
On December 4th we are going to publish a new patch for Steep, accessible to all players. Below you can find the detailed patch notes.

Grind improvements
New controls

Rotation is now on Left Stick with directions left/right controlled by Right Stick while using a controller. With a keyboard the rotation is by default on W, A, S, D with directions left/right controlled by J/L.

More Tricks (Nose Ė Tail Ė Rotation)
Itís now possible to do a lot more tricks while grinding, full list down below. Previously, you were only able to do rotations.

Rotations with Left Stick left/right (A/D with a keyboard by default).
Nose press with Left Stick up (W with a keyboard by default).
Tail press with Left Stick down (S with a keyboard by default).
You can combine rotations with Nose/Tail press.
Lateral navigation with Right Stick left/right (J/L with a keyboard by default).
Transfer with Right Stick + Jump (I, J, K, L + Space with a keyboard by default).

Itís now easier to enter and exit rails.
We have added grind scoring and a specific camera.

Big Air and Half Pipe improvements

You can now jump higher in these two events. Landings have also been optimized and we have added a specific camera.

All icons have been reworked

We have reworked all icons in Mountain View/Menu, now it should be clearer to understand what each activity is about.

The Store and Character pages have been updated

Both pages have a brand new layout, itís now easier to navigate through them.

Some challenges in Alps and Alaska have been updated

We have updated around 30 challenges in Alps and Alaska, optimizing their field of expertise, name, difficulty or rules. In particular, weíll also reset the leaderboards of all challenges with an updated set of rules (list down below).

Alps

NIGHT OWL
TREESTYLER
GOOD VIBES
VERTIGO
ICY LICKING
WINTER FORESTS

Alaska

CREST MANIAC
RUTH CREST
STREET STYLER

A new way to get Sled, Rocket wingsuit, Speed Riding, Base jump

Itís now possible to buy every single sport added in a previous DLC (Sled, Rocket wingsuit, Speed Riding, Base jump) with Steep Credits.

Other improvements

The Korean language is now supported.
Minor bugs and technical issues have been fixed across all platforms.

tequilapuzh
12-04-2017, 11:11 PM
Hey there.

I see you've made making rotation tricks easier? Or all tricks? Not just adjustments to the rails.
I've struggled on Break Point snowpark (marked as Hard by you, by the way) challenge yesterday to get gold (2500 points). I spend few hours on it and managed to get lucky and got 3300 as my high score. Today I can do 3000-4000+ blind folded. Might I add, you didn't even bother adjusting the scores needed for gold. It's still 2500 points for gold and there's absolutely no challenge to it anymore.

This is a real step down in my humble opinion.You had a great game with kind of realistic feel to it, and now you can do 2800 degrees of rotation quadruple tricks with no effort at all.

Make me really sad, Ubisoft. Probably a lot of other people too.

FuZzOtagE
12-05-2017, 03:19 AM
Everything this^ guy said. Ive been setting records with no effort on every event. I like the added flip control while spinning, but the degree of speed you spin now is insane. The alternating between grabs also lags. Before, I could let go with one hand while switching to the other. Now, if I let go, it takes a min to have my character do it. I love the snow effects now(the fluff trails and how they stagnate; looks awesome.) The HDR is cool, but its turned up to the 7th dimension. Ive never seen color banding like this, except way back in the day when there were 256 colors. I cant drop Denali with northern lights at all because its so bad. I am on PS pro with a Sony XBR900e 4k tv. Ive tried adjusting the settings in game, on my tv, and the PS video output. Even the sunsets are bad. Its either too dark or too bight. And the rings on the edges of the screen band as well. Steep is a great game..Ive boarded over 150hrs. I really hope you guys fix this.

Unregistered
12-05-2017, 09:07 AM
After new update, (did not purchase olympics) game is crashing every 10mins. Freezes, sound stutters/chattering and crashes back to xbox home. Please help and fix!

B3N--
12-05-2017, 10:00 AM
My issue with this update is:

That I was able to play RttO for about 5 hours yesterday with no issues and now when i try to travel to the asia map, the game say that i need to buy the DLC to acces it... But i have already buy it..

the only thing i have done is unistall the RttO beta.

I am not alone, please help us or lets us informed

Unregistered
12-05-2017, 11:43 AM
I buyed dlc road to olympia. Says buy road to olympia. After hit button he says Ups look you already have it. Have fun with it never can travel. So I thinked I can not use it if I not have the game on my main account buyed. So I decided to buy steep normal again because I buyed old gold version on account from my Son. Now ok I know my own fault that I buyed another copy but that's not the problem. Dlc still doesn't work.
Help??? Reinstall also don't help

RaheCZ
12-05-2017, 01:28 PM
Since last patch, I can't click on any challenge on map or challenges tab - it does not matter where :D

Unregistered
12-05-2017, 07:04 PM
I can't even start the game. It just shuts down and freezes every time now. Shame.

Camcam12
12-05-2017, 08:27 PM
Tricks are now way too easy.

The new particle physics are terrible.

My trails disappear behind my character making replays and photos look terrible.

My skis and board sink beneath the snow and aren't visible?

All round poor update. Steep has been ruined. Really disappointed.

I have unfortunately lost all interest. The sense of realism and immersion has disappeared. The finer details are lost in this update.

Please please please fix these. :(

Agent.Seven
12-05-2017, 09:07 PM
Same here.

Also, no key for me to activate the game I've been playing for about a year :(

HappyXenonXe
12-05-2017, 09:53 PM
I can almost forgive the funny new 2D particle effects and super easy rotations (MAYBE), but what is truly awful is the fact that your board or skis disappear beneath the snow. Please revise the update and at least bring the board above the snow or make is visible as it should be when boarding at speed.

Really disappointed with this forced 22GB mediocre update. :confused:

Agent.Seven
12-05-2017, 10:10 PM
So true. I feel I don't even want Japan or the Olympics anymore, I just want the old physics and the sublime snow effects back.

EDIT: This should be a reply to a different thread, but ok, I guess, since it's still relevant :)

EDIT 2: Just an idea, maybe we could have a difficulty level switch, sort of like driving assists on/off in The Crew? That way people who want the game easier could have the new physics, and those of us who prefer the previous physics could have it too with 'assists off', just saying. (How about that, Ubisoft?)

layer555
12-08-2017, 01:15 PM
I'm profoundly disappointed with this update. It has completely ruined my Steep experience. The graphics look worse, the physics are silly over the top arcade like SSX, and the skiing animations are worse.

However the worst part is that I haven't even purchased the dlc yet my game was still effected. I do not want this game. I want the old steep back. Or a refund.

Hen0nex
12-09-2017, 07:34 PM
you guys can atleast play the game mine been unplayable from 4 of desember made ticked and still no answere from ubisoft.

FirePiggy8
12-09-2017, 08:22 PM
The realism has been officially ruined. I miss the rather difficult tricks, and the way the characters used to have life to them when they fell, attempting to break their fall, instead of a lifeless ragdoll.

URALLSNOWFLAKES
01-03-2018, 03:04 AM
Fix the 2d snow particles it looks absolutely ridiculous.... Why why on earth did you remove the option for us to control the quality? If you cant patch it tell us how to modify the ini file to bring back the old quality.