PDA

View Full Version : Reflex Blocking: Best Explanation I've Seen.

DaLast_Samurai
11-23-2017, 01:36 AM
Saw this in another thread, thought it really needed it's own.

We may not like it, but this is the legit understanding we need to have with reflex blocking, as it currently works.

The problem with reflex guard is that if you let one light attack hit you, your character gets hitstunned, and you can't block during the hitstun.

If you try to block during the hitstun, not only will your character not raise their block immediately, but the command doesn't even queue up so they won't raise their block after the hitstun is over unless you reset the stick/mouse to neutral and attempt to block again AFTER the hitstun is over.

This leaves assassins with a much tighter window to block between lights (only if you get hit by the first) and it can make the game feel frustratingly unresponsive.

But as annoying as it can be sometimes, that unresponsiveness seems to be intended. Wether it is or not, the fact of the matter is I'd rather play a character with good dodge attacks than one that can hold their block, and the few characters capable of both don't really appeal to me either.

High-Horse
11-23-2017, 02:57 AM
Just dodge?

Bl0wH4rd74728
11-23-2017, 03:17 AM
Dodge can hardly work for it either its practically like once youre hit your are stuck ive tried dodging and blocking it will not work

DaLast_Samurai
11-23-2017, 03:36 AM
Yeah, you're certainly not going to dodge out of Aramusha's infinite lights, but it's not like it's difficult to parry to the top after getting hit to the side.

Given it is the only real big benefit of his kit and not difficult to stop, it makes many of us wonder how bad everyone crying about his light spam against assassins are.

Shaman on the other hand, I can't really blame people for being upset yet.

Bl0wH4rd74728
11-23-2017, 03:53 AM
Not complaing just giving my input. So you say you can parry the top to get out? Well ive tried blocking the top but get most of the arashumas ive played will feint the top attack (the ones that dont are fairly easy to beat) so how would i get out of this cluster f***?

Forsakin1
11-23-2017, 04:00 AM
I play assassin's you can try to parry but timing it sucks, if he faints dodge for the deflect and pray you block the incoming top cause so far only deflect i can seem to land is rochi and thats a trade. I really hope they fix that cause zerk and the rest of the assassins are screwed if they don't

Bl0wH4rd74728
11-23-2017, 04:30 AM
I play as pk and i hope they can fix it because if i get stuck in that im screwed basically

DaLast_Samurai
11-23-2017, 06:52 PM
Ah, okay.
Sounds like Orochi and Berserker match up better than other assassins then.
Give you that.

Hey, Peacekeeper...
How does the helplessness feel?
Lol.

Oupyz
11-23-2017, 08:11 PM
Ah, okay.
Sounds like Orochi and Berserker match up better than other assassins then.
Give you that.

Hey, Peacekeeper...
How does the helplessness feel?
Lol.

i feel bad for other assassins , but pk tears are really sweet , how's that light spam going for you pk :xD <3

Bl0wH4rd74728
11-24-2017, 05:34 AM
I wouldnt know considering i dont spam the light unlike all the orochis ive played against

bmason1000
11-24-2017, 05:46 AM
I play assassin's you can try to parry but timing it sucks, if he faints dodge for the deflect and pray you block the incoming top cause so far only deflect i can seem to land is rochi and thats a trade. I really hope they fix that cause zerk and the rest of the assassins are screwed if they don'tzerks deflect is an auto gb, not only ending the chain but putting you in a dominant position. Zerks deflect might be the best deflect vs aramusha.