PDA

View Full Version : Disable aramusha until you fix reflex guard, you disgrace of a company.

Burn-The-Sinner
11-22-2017, 11:00 AM
asdf

Inconsistent73
11-22-2017, 12:41 PM
Shinobi has a colossal advantage against the half of the roster that lack a Dodge attack to punish his kickflips.

Aramusha has a similar advantage against assassins.

Aramusha has fewer good matchups (6 assassin's vs 9 without Dodge attack) and the he's significantly weaker than the shinobi in his bad matchups. Everything else besides his lights and soft feints is sub-par.

Even as an assassin, he can be blocked mid chain. It's difficult, not impossible.

SangLong524
11-22-2017, 12:45 PM
asdf
You poor, poor thing! Here, take a tissue! And wipe that snot running down your nose. ;)
I have a feeling that so-called "gamers" should all stock up tissues from now on. In case like this. Really a a crying face isn't a good sight to behold

PDXGorechild
11-22-2017, 01:47 PM
Playing Assassin on PS4 and I have no problem blocking attacks with reflex guard. 70MBps ethernet wired internet. I have the occasional block that I miss that I could've sworn I blocked in time but suspect the error may be mine in a lot of cases. Aramashu is a difficult class to block with his light combo true, but i'm sorry to say that I think this is a get good issue.

Burn-The-Sinner
11-22-2017, 03:44 PM
Playing Assassin on PS4 and I have no problem blocking attacks with reflex guard. 70MBps ethernet wired internet. I have the occasional block that I miss that I could've sworn I blocked in time but suspect the error may be mine in a lot of cases. Aramashu is a difficult class to block with his light combo true, but i'm sorry to say that I think this is a get good issue.

I play on PC and mine is better. Reflex guard just doesn't work - no input is registered. You can see them coming, you can react to them, but reflex guard doesn't doesn't work. Not just on me, i've seen other assassins on my team simply obliterated by it from full health to death.

David_gorda
11-22-2017, 03:50 PM
Definitly something wrong with assassins and blockning, start using shaman yesterday and alot Of the time My blocks dont register even though i Know i the block in the right direction.

PDXGorechild
11-22-2017, 04:47 PM
I play on PC and mine is better. Reflex guard just doesn't work - no input is registered. You can see them coming, you can react to them, but reflex guard doesn't doesn't work. Not just on me, i've seen other assassins on my team simply obliterated by it from full health to death.

Must be a PC issue then man.

Inconsistent73
11-22-2017, 09:08 PM
The problem with reflex guard is that if you let one light attack hit you, your character gets hitstunned, and you can't block during the hitstun.

If you try to block during the hitstun, not only will your character not raise their block immediately, but the command doesn't even queue up so they won't raise their block after the hitstun is over unless you reset the stick/mouse to neutral and attempt to block again AFTER the hitstun is over.

This leaves assassin's which much tighter window to block between lights (only if you get hit by the first) and it can make the game feel frustratingly unresponsive.

But as annoying as it can be sometimes, that unresponsiveness seems to be intended. Whether it is or not, the fact of the matter is I'd rather play a character with good Dodge attacks than one that can hold their block, and the few characters capable of both don't really appeal to me either.

Burn-The-Sinner
11-22-2017, 09:37 PM
But as annoying as it can be sometimes, that unresponsiveness seems to be intended.

I will need an official statement on that. Because... seeing someone get from full to 0 spammed is just ridiculous.

Baggin_
11-22-2017, 10:00 PM

I play on pc and don't have any issues blocking Ara with my orochi. I also play Ara and have met many assassins that blocked my lites all the time. You can block them for sure, but where people mess up most of the time is trying to either dash out of the combo or try to parry it.

Knight_Raime
11-22-2017, 10:22 PM
The whole debate about reflex guard being bugged has been going on for a long time. Last time I looked into it there were 2 explanations that would explain why it feels "bugged."

First being that reflex guard does not have block properties up instantly when switching guard. So even if you switched to block you could be too late and the block property was not up yet.
Non reflex guard heros always have a block property up. But they can't parry instantly upon switching guard. They have to wait the same time an assassin has to wait for block property to come up for the non reflex guard heros to parry. This is from my own understanding of how guards work right after they upped the stance switch speed for the heros that had slow stance switch speeds.

The second explanation would simply be your perspective shows you blocking. The enemies shows their attack hit you. The game decided the enemies perspective was the more correct one and put the attack through anyway. How this happens is based on connection and how the developers handle discrepences between two players in a single instance. It's annoying to explain. Easily put? it's a problem due to connection. And just to be clear in any game stuff like this can happen even if the match appears to not have any lag problems. You don't need to have major lag happening to get these effects.

All I know is I believe it was found quite awhile back that in a lag free perfect connection environment reflex guard was blocking all the time regardless of the situation.

Dennyg823
11-22-2017, 10:55 PM
completely off topic of the other thread however i was thinking what if there was a wave game type on for honor. this would allow players to have steady way of leveling up instead having to wait match after match its 40 rounds of four player co-op against increasing waves of different AI that get stronger to the point where the hits are lethal damage.just an example have every 10 waves be a boss an unplayable deity that you and your team must work together to defeat and fight as one to over come the overwhelming odds of each adding crazy new action fight scene during game play and add co-op play which also isn't a laggy as the pvp in my experience

ChampionRuby50g
11-22-2017, 11:15 PM
The second explanation would simply be your perspective shows you blocking. The enemies shows their attack hit you. The game decided the enemies perspective was the more correct one and put the attack through anyway. How this happens is based on connection and how the developers handle discrepences between two players in a single instance. It's annoying to explain. Easily put? it's a problem due to connection. And just to be clear in any game stuff like this can happen even if the match appears to not have any lag problems. You don't need to have major lag happening to get these effects.

All I know is I believe it was found quite awhile back that in a lag free perfect connection environment reflex guard was blocking all the time regardless of the situation.

But there are plenty of cases when an attack has been blocked on both my screen, and my opponents screen and still goes through for full damage. I know this by been in parties with friends in custom matches, or if we come across each other in online game modes and join a party to chat while we fight on opposite times. The amount of times I've gone "wait...what? I swear you blocked that on my screen." To have my mate reply "I did block that" but cop a heavy instead. I think that this is what the others are trying to get at. I would agree that it's a connection issue, but if it's happening on both screens showing a block there may be something else underlying this issue causing it to be worse than we know. If both players actually know the attack was blocked but went though and did damage, this is just frustrating.

Denny, if you know it's off topic why don't you make your own thread instead of trying to hijack this one?

bmason1000
11-23-2017, 12:13 AM
Zerk player on ps4. Regularly stop aramushas chain just by blocking, even after getting hit. It's hard, it's not impossible. There's no bug preventing it, there's no permanent hit stun that's keeping you from doing it. There is lag, latency and reflexes in various combination getting you killed.

David_gorda
11-23-2017, 12:17 AM
How do you do it bmason? Lets say i get hit by a side light, then i Know it Will be a top light. I move my guard top but still get hit? Sometimes the blockning works but its not consistent and yes i Know i block perfect.

ChampionRuby50g
11-23-2017, 12:44 AM
I've been playing Shaman since she was released, and at the start of the season I was the same. But a week on I've become more comfortable with fighting the new heroes and the light chain from Aramusha certainly is possible to defend against as an Assassin. I have been hit and found it possible to block following lights. I hate to blow my own trumpet, but I'm better than the average player in my region, got good enough reactions to respond to it and I can only see it getting easier as time goes on. When a Aramusha feints its harder, and there have times I have blocked the top light and they've continued the chain but I feel this may be a bug. When there's two Aramushas light chain at you, then there is literally nothing you can do as an Assassin, at least nothing I know off yet. I play on the Xbox One X with a 1ms response time monitor, so perhaps I do have it a little easier than the rest of you.

So now, I feel like I've got to say the light chain seems to be a reaction time AND keep a calm head when fighting them. When you get flustered and start spouting "there's literally nothing I can do!" Most likely you will never be able to do anything against one if that's your attitude.
You play worse when you are angry, you are more prone to making mistakes, your reactions won't be as good, or on the opposite end you will over react (move thumbstick too far and too vigorously)
I've seen a few people saying changing their deadzone has made a difference, and it certainly does.

bmason1000
11-23-2017, 12:46 AM
How do you do it bmason? Lets say i get hit by a side light, then i Know it Will be a top light. I move my guard top but still get hit? Sometimes the blockning works but its not consistent and yes i Know i block perfect.I hope for the best? I have no idea haha.

DaLast_Samurai
11-23-2017, 01:23 AM
Zerk player on ps4. Regularly stop aramushas chain just by blocking, even after getting hit. It's hard, it's not impossible. There's no bug preventing it, there's no permanent hit stun that's keeping you from doing it. There is lag, latency and reflexes in various combination getting you killed.

I imagine it's a lot easier with Berserker's hyper armor, as he doesn't get stunned by the first hit.
Which is why I hate him with my Orochi main, lol.

I always battle that zerkhole down to his last bar of health, and usually that hyper armor is why he edges me out.

That being said, I've been having a lot more success against Aramusha with Orochi lately just by parrying to the top after I get hit with a side light.
(For any Orochi mains, this could be my imagination but, I could swear sometimes if you use Riptide Strike to parry to the top, it seems to have an more forgiving timing window)

And I read the best explanation for why reflex blocking doesn't seem to work that I didn't realize until reading it just now in this thread.

I'll quote that below.

DaLast_Samurai
11-23-2017, 01:26 AM
We may not like it, but this is the legit understanding we need to have with reflex blocking, as it currently works.

The problem with reflex guard is that if you let one light attack hit you, your character gets hitstunned, and you can't block during the hitstun.

If you try to block during the hitstun, not only will your character not raise their block immediately, but the command doesn't even queue up so they won't raise their block after the hitstun is over unless you reset the stick/mouse to neutral and attempt to block again AFTER the hitstun is over.

This leaves assassin's which much tighter window to block between lights (only if you get hit by the first) and it can make the game feel frustratingly unresponsive.

But as annoying as it can be sometimes, that unresponsiveness seems to be intended. Whether it is or not, the fact of the matter is I'd rather play a character with good Dodge attacks than one that can hold their block, and the few characters capable of both don't really appeal to me either.

I think your post needs it's own thread, being that this made it all make sense for me.
I'm making it now.

We.the.North
11-23-2017, 05:20 AM
Shinobi has a colossal advantage against the half of the roster that lack a Dodge attack to punish his kickflips.

Rep 29 Shinobi here and I'm pretty much taking at least a 1 month break from the game because of Aramusha. There are 2 HUGE issues right now with this matchup.

1. If you bait an attack and successfully backflip out of it, the timing is clunky and you will not land your ranged guardbreak. Instead, you'll be wide open and the Aramusha gets free damage on you even tho you are the one who outplayed him with the bait + backflip. (P.S. this issue happens often with Berserker and Kensei as well).

2. Reflex guard stance being what it is, a single hit from the Aramusha will get you stunlocked into his infinite chain and you are looking at a world of hurt before you get out of range from his attack and can dodge out. If you are lucky, you might squeeze in a block or two in his chain but with my crapy computer adding 100-200 ms delay to my commands ... it doesn't happen often.

There you have it. Shaman is rought, especially in gank situation, but they are more reactable and thus a little less frustrating. Aramusha on the other end brings me PTSD from the old Centurion stunlock days that 100% - 0% you.

Aramusha is poorly designed (light spam yay) ; the rest of the crew lags way being DLC. I've lost faith in Ubisoft to patch things up in the short run and thus, I'm gone for at least a month, maybe more.

Burn-The-Sinner
11-23-2017, 12:35 PM
First being that reflex guard does not have block properties up instantly when switching guard. So even if you switched to block you could be too late and the block property was not up yet.
Non reflex guard heros always have a block property up. But they can't parry instantly upon switching guard. They have to wait the same time an assassin has to wait for block property to come up for the non reflex guard heros to parry. This is from my own understanding of how guards work right after they upped the stance switch speed for the heros that had slow stance switch speeds.

omfg... Can ubisoft just release their code so we can finally find out how their spaghetti system probably works?

About the non-reflex guard parry delay. On many occasions, where by accident or really good read on the enemy, have managed to parry a PK zone with a guard switch. To my eyes it's pretty much instantaneous. Maybe to an atomic clock it's not, but in practice i'm confident it's instant...

PDXGorechild
11-23-2017, 05:00 PM
How do you do it bmason? Lets say i get hit by a side light, then i Know it Will be a top light. I move my guard top but still get hit? Sometimes the blockning works but its not consistent and yes i Know i block perfect.

You're not reacting quickly enough. Get some sleep, have a cup of coffee and lay off the sauce/ganja.

David_gorda
11-23-2017, 05:10 PM
I react fast enough, its not Hard when he going to hit top after a side light but its bugged 100%

BTTrinity
11-23-2017, 07:09 PM
asdf

I main Shinobi and Nobushi, neither of them have an issue getting out of Ara's light spam. With an assassin the window to block is A LOT tighter, you have to keep in mind the game WILL not queue up another block if you mistime it.... Best to have someone who plays Ara help you out and spam lights till you get the timing down, its not broken, just hard.

PDXGorechild
11-24-2017, 09:27 AM
I react fast enough, its not Hard when he going to hit top after a side light but its bugged 100%

Once you realise they're doing the combo on you, take a side hit and get ready to block top. Works for me every time.

David_gorda
11-24-2017, 10:19 AM
Once you realise they're doing the combo on you, take a side hit and get ready to block top. Works for me every time.
Doesnt work for me mostly. Are you on console? If so have you changed deadzone settings or something? I am talking about reflex guard blocking. Only playing shaman now lol tired play weak classes.

CoyoteXStarrk
11-24-2017, 12:20 PM
you poor, poor thing! Here, take a tissue! And wipe that snot running down your nose. ;)
i have a feeling that so-called "gamers" should all stock up tissues from now on. In case like this. Really a a crying face isn't a good sight to behold

hey everybody i found the cool kid!