PDA

View Full Version : Came back to check S4 / Feedback

Mia.Nora
11-19-2017, 11:37 PM
It's not like things were great or even good before either but I am really confused by how much the game deteriorated with this season.

Stuttering and FPS : My 160fps in S3 is now barely over 100 and it stutters like hell on top of that. Eye candy is the only thing FH does right and now you guys finally managed to **** up the only good thing about this game.

Inputs not working: I can't count number of times my block did not work, not parry, not deflect but frikking BLOCK. If a mechanic so core and simply ceases to function what is the point of a fighting game??

Random inputs: first few times I thought I was clumsy and pressed wrong thing, but during a staring contest my character turned his back to enemy where there were absolutely no inputs at all.

Aramusha: As an assassin there seems to be literally no way to get out of his infinite lights. Don't know if this is an issue due to inputs not working or he is broken himself but this is ******** getting 100>0 for getting hit by the first light.

Shaman: .. I am really surprised by how you guys managed to create a character that is more cancerous than Centurion. I guess I didn't give enough credit to you guys.

Tribute: fun, but every premade on voicecoms wiped the floor with us, I can see it dying off in a very short time. No solo queuer will stick with that kind of team imbalance.

Elimination/Skirmish combine: Separating Elim/Skirmish was one of the few good things you guys have ever done. Good job on taking it back.

Oh I forgot to mention; all my previous DLC characters are missing their loadouts (as in they don't exist) and all the green maxed out gear I had on them is gone. I don't even care at this point.

TL;DR: Dear Ubisoft, the thing about hitting rock bottom is that things don't go any worse from there, but you managed to surprise me. You really did.

DaLast_Samurai
11-20-2017, 12:24 AM
Honestly, you summed it up so briefly, accurately, and yet thouroghly.

As a guy in love with Orochi, I can't even touch some under powered characters like Kensei.
(Literally, it's like a two guys in the boxing ring, one being 5'9" and the other 6'6")

But like you mentioned, for an assassin, Aramusha's infinite is a spam I can't escape with any manuever whatsoever in the game.
(Maybe if block wasn't broken, and then woopie doo for that extensive option)

And so many others it's a battle lost at first contact.
(Peacekeeper, Berseker, Shaman most notably)

But I digress as briefly as you.
Said it all up there.

Trying to argue that your post is not 100% on the money is just straight fanboy word vomit at this point.

Knight_Raime
11-20-2017, 12:31 AM
~Can't comment on as I don't play on pc. I have noticed some lag in the menus after matches but that's it.

~I've been seeing this complaint since launch of the game. At this point i'm convinced it's either a latency issue or someone having poor reactions but blaming the game itself. The only time this ever happened to me was the patch that removed time snap. the patch after that seemed to fix everything regarding this.

~No idea what to say. Never experienced this. Only time I ever input the wrong thing is trying to zone but doing a heavy. That's literally because they removed the input buffer so flicker would go away.

~Blatently false. Both consoles have stepped up to show this isn't true. Both guard types wether being hit or not have escaped his combo. You're just struggling to block at the right time and blaming the game.

~Centurions problem was and still is his punishes. Which isn't much of his kit problem and more so the parry mechanics rewarding defensive play too much. Shaman is actually kit design wise. We want heros that reward aggressive play and have mix ups. Her issue is purely numbers. Which is good because that means they don't need to do much with her balance wise. Just adjust some numbers.

~So basically you think it's bad because team work is effective? Good to see you still like pulling issues out of no where. That's true in any team oriented mode in any pvp game ever.

~the one point I can agree with.

ChampionRuby50g
11-20-2017, 12:44 AM
Stuttering: On Xbox i certainly am getting more stutters, and worse. More often am I also seeing the yellow symbols in top left and "resynching players...", not sure if you are experiencing this as well and if it's related to FPS.

I've seen this block issue for a while, even as far back as season 2. What I see is my attack hit my opponent, their guard matched mine and they would appear to block it, but then a little stutter would occur and my attack go through and hit them.

Random inputs, I don't have enough experience with this to comment. At times I have thought "no way I did that", but I could've had a few beers and did but my drunk mind refused to see otherwise.

Getting out of Aramushas infinite is hard as an assassin, I've only played Shaman to rep 1 since new season and no other hero so can't say for everyone else, but as Shaman it most certainly is possible to block the light chain. Not easy, but possible. I've also seen a post on these forums stating if you are an assassin against Aramusha light combo dodge forward as soon as you get hit on the side and you will deflect the top light.

Haven't played tribute because I literally haven't found a game in it. Spent a total of 30 mins searching for lobby's (solo) and didn't get in.
Is the player activity counter referring to "objective" modes as a whole, or just Dominion and Tribute respectively?

Dane520123
11-20-2017, 12:57 AM
~Can't comment on as I don't play on pc. I have noticed some lag in the menus after matches but that's it.

~I've been seeing this complaint since launch of the game. At this point i'm convinced it's either a latency issue or someone having poor reactions but blaming the game itself. The only time this ever happened to me was the patch that removed time snap. the patch after that seemed to fix everything regarding this.

~No idea what to say. Never experienced this. Only time I ever input the wrong thing is trying to zone but doing a heavy. That's literally because they removed the input buffer so flicker would go away.

~Blatently false. Both consoles have stepped up to show this isn't true. Both guard types wether being hit or not have escaped his combo. You're just struggling to block at the right time and blaming the game.

~Centurions problem was and still is his punishes. Which isn't much of his kit problem and more so the parry mechanics rewarding defensive play too much. Shaman is actually kit design wise. We want heros that reward aggressive play and have mix ups. Her issue is purely numbers. Which is good because that means they don't need to do much with her balance wise. Just adjust some numbers.

~So basically you think it's bad because team work is effective? Good to see you still like pulling issues out of no where. That's true in any team oriented mode in any pvp game ever.

~the one point I can agree with.
I understand we all got our own opinions, but u seem stupid.

DaLast_Samurai
11-20-2017, 12:59 AM
That word vomit I talked about.
And plenty of it.

Missing the part about assassin's useless broken blocking, no way out of infinite combo.
Locking on with your backed turned, exc.
And all that yada.

Fanboys always gonna use as thourough a justification for not blaming the game as they can with extensive, lucrative language in an attempt to make their post seem superior for themself.

But like I said...
It's just that word vomit.
Original post couldn't be more spot on.

ChampionRuby50g
11-20-2017, 03:29 AM
That word vomit I talked about.
And plenty of it.

Missing the part about assassin's useless broken blocking, no way out of infinite combo.
Locking on with your backed turned, exc.
And all that yada.

Fanboys always gonna use as thourough a justification for not blaming the game as they can with extensive, lucrative language in an attempt to make their post seem superior for themself.

But like I said...
It's just that word vomit.
Original post couldn't be more spot on.

Sorry, but what? You can't say it is 100% spot on because some of it is a matter of opinion. Me personally, I don't mind Skirmish and Elim been in the same playlist, even though it ha literally done nothing for player numbers.

And getting out of Aramusha infinite chain is possible. Block top after side strike and you can. Played games today with other Assassins other than Shaman, and as Lawbringer and managed to stop infite chain with either block top after every side, or deflected.

So no, the original post isn't spot on 100%, but spot on with 75%.

And I'm definetly not a Ubisoft fanboy. Just because I say there's a way out of the infinite chain doesn't mean I am.

DaLast_Samurai
11-20-2017, 04:27 AM
Oh, I wasn't refering to you Ruby.
My post just spit out after yours, sorry.

And I'll just say, lock mode is broken in brawl a lot.

Reflex blocking is broken a ton.

PS4

If your reflex blocking didn't begin having big issues again at the start of Season 4, and you're on PS4...

Then I'm jelous.

ChampionRuby50g
11-20-2017, 04:55 AM
Oh, I wasn't refering to you Ruby.
My post just spit out after yours, sorry.

And I'll just say, lock mode is broken in brawl a lot.

Reflex blocking is broken a ton.

PS4

If your reflex blocking didn't begin having big issues again at the start of Season 4, and you're on PS4...

Then I'm jelous.

Ahh ok, fair enough. I was a little confused.

I found this on reddit before, and when you mentioned PS4 I think it might interest you.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveForHonor/comments/7da0vv/aramusha_light_spam_reflex_guard_blocking_bug/

Im on Xbox, so perhaps that would be why there are some differences in our experiences.

DaLast_Samurai
11-20-2017, 06:05 AM
Perhaps, and I found most of the just as compelling conversation after the original post to be much more the experience.

As you can see multiple people have no issues with non-assassin characters, and contrasting in their very next matches against the same opponents, they ate eaten endlessly with assassins.

Their is no reason a reflex block should not work as well as a standard block when executed properly and in time.

Bare in mind, I use a small dead zone and straight wired 180mbps connection, as well as a wired controller.

----------------------------------------------

"Something has to be off because playing today I get destroyed by light spam after the first lands on shaman but when I switched to kensei I had no problems shutting it down. I really doubt I got better at blocking from one match to the next and then got worse again when I switched back to shaman. The original thread on the for honour subreddit seems to have some pretty convincing clips as well.

You say that you can't test it online but it's possible there's some issue that reflex guard has online that normal guard does not. That is, the problem may be that reflex guards are affected by latency differently and the addition of a character able to throw so many fast attacks has finally made it obvious enough to get noticed. There has been a known issue with reflex guard for quite some time after all.

u/DrFrankendoodle Nov 16, 2017, 10:52 AM
There definitely are known issues with reflex guard. 100% agree with that its been shown in the past. My main purpose here with doing this in customs was to illustrate that under ideal conditions with a stable connection reflex guard works fine. That means that the many issues people are having defending against aramusha light spam when fighting online can be attributed to latency issues. Knowing that, we know that the issue is not with reflex guard itself, but with the lack of any sort of lag compensation in the game. An issue that will hopefully be fixed soon. Thats all this test was for. I am not saying that blocking 400-500ms light attacks without timesnap at 30fps against an opponent with walmart internet isnt hard. It absolutely is.

u/Morpse4 Nov 16, 2017, 11:01 AM
That doesn't really explain my experience though, I played several matches with the same opponent (thus we should expect the connection quality to be the same throughout, at least on average). I was consistently able to block lights as kensei, but almost never able to block a light as shaman. In that situation, the only thing that should really be changing would be my character, making it about as consistent as you could hope for in the online environment.

Maybe lack of timesnap, combined with the reflex bug makes it unblockable given any latency.

u/PDawgize Nov 16, 2017, 8:56 AM
I appreciate your effort in this matter but I stand by the notion that something is wrong with reflex guard when it comes to fast light spam in general. While playing last night i would struggle to block the infinite chain on an assassin. I would then play the same person next match with Warlord and would easily block most attacks, including light spam while I was OoS.

I'm not saying that you're wrong in your findings. I'm just saying that reflex guard is unnecessarily hard to use when it comes to situations like this and it shouldn't be. I get that assassins are supposed to be defensively weak but keeping all the reflex guard bugs in is an infuriating and poor design choice.

u/Vell2401 Nov 15, 2017, 10:26 PM
Not only is it hard to parry. But alternating heavies in makes it even harder. This shouldn't of been a question, knew it was able to be blocked

u/Chasing_Hawks Nov 16, 2017, 11:21 AM
OP, firstly thank you for diving into this. But i understand why a lot of people arent buying your explanation. Now im sure a lot of them just dont want to admit they lost, and I dont get the feint argument, the whole problem was that ara's infinite light chain was what stunlocked you, but whatever. The point is, there's a fair number that are, in my opinion, justifiably upset; when youre out in the wild, aras infinite chain is most definitely a problem. I've experienced it personally. If conditions are right, you absolutely can be stunlocked out of 80% of your health. From what i can tell, with the inherent problems with reflex guard, a near perfect connection and zero latency is almost required for it to work properly. In my opinion, ubi putting out a hero that is too fast for their system to support, barring perfect conditions, is just as bad as an actual bug.

Edit: also the argument isnt that its going through the guard, its that the guard isnt activating or switching directions at all.

u/You_kno_Me Nov 15, 2017, 8:59 PM
Good job. Did you try testing it out at different ranges? I ran the same tests with all the characters (minus Sha - no so) it happened to me. A few times.

It's hard to explain but replicating it, It just doesn't come out. Go into a game and really try to fight Aramusha. Given a certain spacing he can stun lock assassins enough to really do damage. I've yet to be 100-0. Chopped to bits is a different story.

There is a video out. Git gud comments are going to be thrown. It's cool. This is an issue. I believe."

---------------------------------------------

Alustar.exe
11-20-2017, 03:04 PM
I'm a solo player and a queue tribute alone all the time. :/