PDA

View Full Version : Ubi Soft's stance toward advantaging red connection players.

Herbstlicht
11-19-2017, 12:48 PM
Guess the topic is widely known. What isn't, I guess, if it's intended to spoil fun and gameplay for people with good quality connections whenever they face players with bad quality connections.

To me it seems the way this game is coded you really prefer people with bad connections.

So should we all switch to WLAN limit bandwidth and decrease the experience for everyone to stay competitive? Or will you guys fix this at some point?

Jarl.Felix
11-19-2017, 02:42 PM
Because half of the playerbase has red nat. How do you dispense them ? they already suffer alot due to playerbase drop, they won't to **** against red nat players.

CandleInTheDark
11-19-2017, 02:57 PM
Given they are working on dedicated servers, yeah they are looking at ways to fix that. It is frustrating but people saying they are doing nothing at all about it are paying no attention to what they are working on, or they are and they are asking is it ready yet to which the answer is they will tell us when it is.

Herbstlicht
11-19-2017, 03:30 PM
So basically servers would fix this problem as well? If so, it would already make me very happy.

CandleInTheDark
11-19-2017, 03:41 PM
So basically servers would fix this problem as well? If so, it would already make me very happy.

From my own experience since I don't have the best up and down speed, either lag affects everyone equally or if there is any lag on my end it is me that suffers for it. If it is like the Division, that would be pretty good as while I had brief moments of lag, it was like once every ten hours or so for a couple seconds, that might me an an execute on me but if it is that sort of regularity it will be bearable.

Different games have it better or worse than others, Battlefield I have never once lagged with 40 players, 2k games - at least in my experience which is WWE and NBA - or Fifa (which is the same company as Battlefield which is why I say games not companies) if one lags, everyone lags.