PDA

View Full Version : Micro-Transactions

arad156
11-17-2017, 03:08 PM
This is almost as bad as EA
Why don't you get all DLC with both season pass and deluxe pack? how does this make sense?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFuJAaHwP2I

deskpe
11-17-2017, 03:23 PM
Both the season pass and the deluxe pack tells you up front what is included.
Its just cosmetics. vote with your wallet.

arad156
11-17-2017, 03:40 PM
I didn't say they lied to us about the content included, I just said it's absurd that you need to pay extra 15 euros after buying the Gold Edition just to get the Nightmare Pack.
And since when are weapons cosmetic?
In my opinion, cosmetic additions (such as the Mummy outfit or the Unicorn mount) are an amazing way to support the devs, unlike the Nightmare Pack.

StormsAndSaints
11-17-2017, 07:20 PM
Yeah... I don't see the difference between the free roman centurion pack for season pass holders and the new nightmare pack.
We paid almost 30 for a season pass let me remind you.
That is a lot of money for a season pass alone. Nightmare pack should have been free imo.

UbiMorning
11-17-2017, 10:44 PM
Hi everyone. Here is some information about the packs and passes in question.

The Deluxe Pack (http://store.steampowered.com/app/683850/Assassins_Creed_Origins__Deluxe_Pack/) contains the items you would have received if you purchased the deluxe edition of the game, which includes the Ambush at Sea mission, the Desert Cobra pack, and 3 ability points. Ordering the deluxe edition does not grant your the Season pass.

If you purchased the Gold Edition of ACO (http://store.ubi.com/us/game/?pid=59245fb4adc724ef3f8b456c&dwvar_59245fb4adc724ef3f8b456c_Platform=pcdl), you would have gotten everything in the Deluxe edition, plus the Season pass.
The Season Pass (http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-origins-season-pass-dlc-free-content-detailed/) allows you access to a plethora of extra content. This includes the Roman Centurion Pack, Horus Pack, The Hidden Ones (2018) and The Curse of the Pharaohs (2018) campaigns, 500 Helix Credits, and the Calamity Blade.

The Nightmare Pack (https://assassinscreed.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news/152-305152-16/this-month-in-assassins-creed-origins-november) is a cosmetic pack that includes three weapons, an outfit, and a mount. You can gain access to the Nightmare Pack by purchasing it with Helix Credits, or having a chance to get them in the Heka Chests from the Nomad Bazaar.

Hope this clears things up!

arad156
11-17-2017, 11:01 PM
I know these facts, it's not what this thread is about.
My question was why is the Nightmare Pack not included in the Season Pass nor The Deluxe Pack?
Logic says that if you buy the Digital Gold Edition you should get every non-physical thing the game has to offer. Why then isn't the Nightmare Pack included?

GlacialPuma
11-18-2017, 05:36 AM
My question was why is the Nightmare Pack not included in the Season Pass nor The Deluxe Pack?
Logic says that if you buy the Digital Gold Edition you should get every non-physical thing the game has to offer. Why then isn't the Nightmare Pack included?

I think all the items in packs can be earned from Reda's chest too. At least that's my understanding. Those items can all be earned in game.

xstagex
11-18-2017, 06:30 AM
^The Nightmare pack do not drop from Heka chests yet, it will be available of later date - so is exclusive to the owners right now :) < official info somewhere.

As for the pack it self, boy I am glad is not Nightmare card pack and is just visuals cuz then it would be the real nightmare on this forums and reddit :)))

CaptainGigaX
11-18-2017, 07:28 AM

Because it's not?

They stated what was going to be included with season pass even before launch. Was Nightmare pack in there? No it was not.

arad156
11-18-2017, 09:03 AM
Since when are weapons visuals?

arad156
11-18-2017, 09:07 AM
Because it's not?

They stated what was going to be included with season pass even before launch. Was Nightmare pack in there? No it was not.
I know it wasn't, and that's stupid
In about all games out there, when you buy both season pass and deluxe pack you are supposed to get all dlc.
However, in AC:O you need to pay another 15 euros for a dlc pack (not even mentioning the other pack coming), even if you buy the gold edition for 100 dollars.

xstagex
11-18-2017, 09:25 AM
Don't get me wrong, I support your outrage. 15 bucks for DLC is way more then it should given the fact that 15 bucks is the price of a whole expansion in Horizon Zero down as in that video :) >> is horse armor all over again.

But hey, I finished the game with that lvl 1 weapon you get from the Gold edition, without even upgrading it. At lvl 40 all weapons are more or less the same.

CaptainGigaX
11-18-2017, 10:30 PM
I don't support the outrage over anything, other than the price.

No, when you buy a season pass you don't get every DLC that comes out. It's been this way for years.

The only game to ever have done that was Witcher 3.

Wollyd1878
11-19-2017, 05:03 PM
In every AC were you bought the SP there was everything in it the same for Middlearth 1 and 2etc

CaptainGigaX
11-19-2017, 09:44 PM
Nope publishers have been doing this for years now. They announce what you get with season 1 of the season pass and then either release other dlc alongside and not include it, or sell a 2nd season of dlc and a pass for that.

This isn't a surprise. They listed specifically what would and would not be included in the season pass.

No one said it was fair, that's just the way it is. You've noted your grievance, move on.

Wollyd1878
11-19-2017, 10:28 PM
On the other hand if you want to buy some useless weapons and outfits for 15 then it's your own fault (you also will get it out of heka chests)

CaptainGigaX
11-20-2017, 02:05 AM
On the other hand if you want to buy some useless weapons and outfits for 15€ then it's your own fault (you also will get it out of heka chests)

In a future title update.

CliveVLewis
11-20-2017, 12:56 PM
In a future title update.

It was told by the UBI team that the Heka chests will have the Nightmare pack in a future title update.

Nobody told it till be available in 1.05.

I don't understand why people are annoyed that it was not included in 1.05. It was not confirmed it would be.

Also, the Nightmare pack was launched very close to the 1.05 release.

So it would not make sense to add it to 1.05.

Come on People.

I'm really waiting for that patch as well along with 1.05 'PC'

Again my luck with HEKA chests has been really slim

marinho_sb
11-20-2017, 03:00 PM
I am very fresh with season passes..apart from this one i just got another one and it was for witcher 3, in that one i felt like they were giving me a lot in return..not like the last i bought that makes me regreat every time (maybe they will compensate us in the future (thats my only hope))..anyway maybe the fault for companies start to not include some season content in the season pass it comes from players that from the beggining kept buying this stuff and say its ok, its not wrong at all..and now its too late to change it because as you can see there is SO MANY PEOPLE thinking its fine(and keep spending money on it) that they dont care about the minority that see that ITS WRONG...just like petrol..hahah

I complained about the same, but quickly people tried to make me feel like the idiot one because aparently its a very normal thing for them to get ROBBED in this way..so my advice to you is NEVER FIGHT AGAINST IDIOTS, THEY GOT MORE XP THEN YOU IN THE MATTER AND THEIR "IDIOT SKILL TREE" is completely full..and please hold to your way of thinking,it is wrong,very wrong ,just learn from it and dont buy another one..

Clive i think the chances on heka chests are being very slim for everyone..i mean, if you dont have those 99999999 drachmas ofcourse..im saving my few drachmas for when everything is fixed..

Blessed be CDPR that told to players to not worry about MTs because they would leave that for the GREEDY ones..(im still not very confident about that tho..just wait and see i guess)

CliveVLewis
11-20-2017, 03:15 PM
Clive i think the chances on heka chests are being very slim for everyone..i mean, if you dont have those 99999999 drachmas ofcourse..im saving my few drachmas for when everything is fixed..

Hey Marinho_sb,

I completely understand the exclusion of the content from the season pass. I was one of those people who is against the whole ordeal of paying more to get what should be a part of the season pass.

I have mentioned on my earlier posts, the grind required to get the additional drachmas in order to obtain the HEKA chests. Believe me when I say this, out of a total of about 55 odd KEHA chests I have got 7 - 10 Legendary weapons, no mounts at all.

The Loot drop system from the HEKA chests is broken.

But, another member pointed out that nowehere on the Season pass does it state you will get all content. I was really disappointed when I heard about that.

I literally grind for an hour and I end up getting about 3000 drachmas.

I do not like grinding at the same location, like what most youtube videos show. I cannot do that, it becomes monotonous.

If they had a good system for the grind and a decent loot drop from Reda, I would really like it.

Reda is too stingy with me.

marinho_sb
11-20-2017, 03:45 PM
Yeah ive seen your comment in another thread talking about that..Reda is making a lot of enemies..sooner or later i will kill him..haha

today i got his quest marked on the map, but its located somewhere in the "underworld" close to the pyramids...remember when you finished Anubis and after that it was the marker for the next god close to the pyramids but no one could find it?? Same place..i think i am just gonna kill Redas camel..

About heka chests i was very lucky..after i bought not even 10, maybe 7 or 8 and all of those were "Bone-cracker" and "Gruesome Mattock"(never a legendary) i noticed that something might be wrong..after a while everyone was complaining about the same..i was glad i saved all my drachmas..now i have 50000 plus drachmas to spend and i got all weapons that i find out along the game still to sell (so many f***ing weapons)..this might sound stupid but i am just waiting for them to finish their "unfinished game" and everything is running smooth. My advice is for people to do the same..just save it like a ant..:D

CliveVLewis
11-20-2017, 04:03 PM
Yeah ive seen your comment in another thread talking about that..Reda is making a lot of enemies..sooner or later i will kill him..haha

today i got his quest marked on the map, but its located somewhere in the "underworld" close to the pyramids...remember when you finished Anubis and after that it was the marker for the next god close to the pyramids but no one could find it?? Same place..i think i am just gonna kill Redas camel..

About heka chests i was very lucky..after i bought not even 10, maybe 7 or 8 and all of those were "Bone-cracker" and "Gruesome Mattock"(never a legendary) i noticed that something might be wrong..after a while everyone was complaining about the same..i was glad i saved all my drachmas..now i have 50000 plus drachmas to spend and i got all weapons that i find out along the game still to sell (so many f***ing weapons)..this might sound stupid but i am just waiting for them to finish their "unfinished game" and everything is running smooth. My advice is for people to do the same..just save it like a ant..:D

Yeah, the trials that popped up near the pyramids. It vanished as soon as it appeared. I found that rather strange. I should keep my camera ready at all times, so that I can take a pic and show these things.

I'm curious about the Reda quest you got. I missed Reda's quest yesterday. I was just too pissed with him for giving me Rare only. So I thought I won't help him for 1 day.

Nice kid & entertaining stories but a very bad business plan. LOL

Poor camel. He did nothing. Reda is the culprit. LOL

marinho_sb
11-20-2017, 04:14 PM
The god thing happened to me as well..spent hours looking for a cave or a hole in the floor..lol

CliveVLewis
11-20-2017, 04:18 PM
Lol.