PDA

View Full Version : Ambush at Sea Bug short term solution proposal

Secanty
11-16-2017, 01:15 AM
One hour ago, I played "Ambush as Sea". There is a known bug for this quest that wipes out all character items and equipment, and the developers have disabled the quest for the deluxe version of the game. Unfortunately for me, I have the GOLD addition of the game and it was obviously not disabled for the GOLD version as I just lost everything (my character is now a coin-less, first fighting only beggar....HA).

I am not upset I lost my game gear as it is just digital eye candy. What I have issue with is I have no gold coins to buy any items, and I have only my fists to fight which is an issue to say the least. So as the engineers ab Ubisoft work on this issue, I have an idea to turn these lemons into lemonade....

For those affected with the "Ambush at Sea" bug, turn on temporary unlimited free access tot he paid content to legendary weapons, clothing, armor, and in game gold coins. I also lost my materials, but that is not necessary to play the game. Or if you do not want to make it unlimited, just give me say $100 of paid content access so I can start playing the game again. I will be happy I lost everything, and you will not lose any money as I have already invested $155 in this game, so I was not needing to purchase anything else at this point that I did not already buy. Simply fix that should not affect the bottom line, and in doing so I could care less if I get any of my old stuff back.

Last suggestion is to disable "Ambush at Sea" for not just the deluxe version, but the gold version, collector addition, etc. I am guessing that it was not possible for some technical reason so perhaps just put a warning on the login screen to avoid playing "Ambush at Sea".

Thanks for taking the time to read! Awesome game by the way and the main reason I have already supported your efforts with $155 so far. The eye candy is phenomenal!

Secanty
11-16-2017, 10:36 PM
Forgot to mention that I lost ever item acquired in the game, including gold coins, materials, armor, weapons, horses, outfits, etc.....except for one itme, I did not lose my 36 level rating.

The second strange thing was I had four of the size character wearable items at legendary status, and after the game deleted every item I acquired, it for some reason "UPGRADED" the two non legendary items (the assassins blade and quiver if memory severs) from rare to legendary status, even though I had not obtained legendary status yet being one level away from both. I think this might help the QA engineers track down the code responsible for the total character reset. Why did the game magically create legendary status for default none game acquired gear?

UbiMorning
11-17-2017, 12:56 AM
Hi there! If you were affected by the Ambush at Sea bug, please make a ticket (http://www.support.ubi.com) with screenshots and stating you were affected by the Ambush at Sea bug. Thanks!

Secanty
11-17-2017, 08:37 AM
Submitted a case on NOVEMBER 15, 2017 6:01 PM, last two digits "87". Case shows "Waiting". As this is most likely going to take weeks to figure out and fix, I thought it would be easier to just give affected players access to obtain free lost items via the online store. Need gold, weapons, armor, horse, and clothing. Ubisoft could give me a pass code to obtain free game units to purchase these items via the game online store. Right now the game is unplayable with a fist only, zero item, coin-less character.

Thanks