PDA

View Full Version : Shaman... what the f***

PepsiBeastin
11-14-2017, 08:13 PM
Who in their right mind thought that giving her Shugoki's Demon's Embrace that comes out near instantly and is completely unreactable, AND tracks dodges and rolls is a good idea? I told my teammate to just run whenever he gets bled, as Warden he rolls backwards and she ****ing straddles him mid-air with her grab-bite. AND she hit him out of revenge activation with it.

EDIT: In addition, unlike Demon's Embrace which can whiff in some really dumb circumstances and just push the enemy back (I've ledged someone from the force of the hug before even though it somehow didn't pick him up) from what I can tell her grab pulls you out of any move, regardless of super armor/hyper armor/unblockable.

Netcode_err_404
11-14-2017, 08:21 PM
Who in their right mind thought that giving her Shugoki's Demon's Embrace that comes out near instantly and is completely unreactable, AND tracks dodges and rolls is a good idea? I told my teammate to just run whenever he gets bled, as Warden he rolls backwards and she ****ing straddles him mid-air with her grab-bite. AND she hit him out of revenge activation with it.

A shaman tracked me behind a corner.

She did a 180 degree curve. Nice stuff.

Also, i noticed the bite works as hard stun like talon's eagle.

NOICE

EDIT 90 degree not 180, sorry

BTTrinity
11-14-2017, 08:24 PM
Lmao this move needs the instant nerf to make it un-cancelable NOW

kbvlcvfkhgc
11-14-2017, 08:26 PM
A shaman tracked me behind a corner.

She did a 180 degree curve. Nice stuff.

Also, i noticed the bite works as hard stun like talon's eagle.

NOICE

Oh dear,

do we have a Centurion MKII situation here?

a totally OP BS Character that UBI will correct maybe in time for Season 14?

early reports dont look good,

TSCDescon
11-14-2017, 08:27 PM
Hah!

And people think she is not op. Wake up an stop pretending to defend this character for your own enjoyment.

Netcode_err_404
11-14-2017, 08:29 PM
Oh dear,

do we have a Centurion MKII situation here?

a totally OP BS Character that UBI will correct maybe in time for Season 14?

early reports dont look good,

I don't know. For now, ppl are still trying to figure out how to be 100% cancer. I guess when they will find out, centurion may not be that cancer anymore.

Netcode_err_404
11-14-2017, 08:30 PM
Hah!

And people think she is not op. Wake up an stop pretending to defend this character for your own enjoyment.

Well ppl saying that aramusha is trash, when in truth i find him a light spam hero. So who knows, maybe future updates will show us that both are cancerous.

Leon026
11-14-2017, 08:30 PM
That class is seriously ********. Not even sure why it was added into the game as is. Aramusha is just SO underwhelming in comparison.

cashmarhoe1
11-14-2017, 08:34 PM
Played 3 matches against a guy and he repeatedly did the bite, no matter if I dodge, or got out of combat and ran I still some how got bit. Every time I was close to beating him, boom Iím bit, and dead right after, the ***** is totally pissing me off

kbvlcvfkhgc
11-14-2017, 08:35 PM
This just in.....

UBI have commented that they just need to collect more data.......

we can all rest easy now eh? the boys are on it,

Netcode_err_404
11-14-2017, 08:39 PM
This just in.....

UBI have commented that they just need to collect more data.......

we can all rest easy now eh? the boys are on it,

Data are like pokemon, you gotta catch them all

Jacques-Le-Coq
11-14-2017, 08:44 PM
Just got out of another game where all the shamans did is wallsplat/bite me to death while the aramusha's just turtled and spammed their fullblock counter. Nice release ubisoft, more unbalanced heroes meanwhile the season 1 heroes still aren't balanced......

OokiireteHoshii
11-14-2017, 09:04 PM
The complaints are popping out faster than my popcorn.

Netcode_err_404
11-14-2017, 09:33 PM
The complaints are popping out faster than my popcorn.

Totally unexpected, and totally without reasons.

UbiInsulin
11-14-2017, 10:19 PM
Thank you everyone for letting us know your thoughts on the Shaman. I saw BTTrinity suggest making the bite un-cancelable. I know it's early, but does anyone else have any specific changes to the Shaman's moveset they'd like to see made?

Asgaroth221
11-14-2017, 10:37 PM
Thank you everyone for letting us know your thoughts on the Shaman. I saw BTTrinity suggest making the bite un-cancelable. I know it's early, but does anyone else have any specific changes to the Shaman's moveset they'd like to see made?

Specific changes? Seriously? Change the whole damn thing!
This character is extremely overpowered it's ridiculous, moves way too fast, the combos/spams are almost impossible to block continuously or fast enough as it can switch up so quick. The bite is dumb, I had a player basically chase me down, bite me and that took 2/3 of my health away! It seems impossible to dodge!
How can you mess up SO MUCH on one character, but not the other?
Did you think "Okay lets make a weak character, and a OP, BOSS, GOD LIKE character for the bants?
Sort your **** out Ubisoft. Damn!"

Edit: I hope to see you all come to your senses very soon and fix this mess as I doubt I'll be playing much if every **** is using that (Shaman) character.

Oupyz
11-14-2017, 10:47 PM
i would say fix the freaking timesnap removal some shaman are slower than others when it comes to their ub , no wonder what lagg compensation removal ruined the game , just like pk zone attack 250ms , that should be the first thing u should do ubicrap

I_loveMemes
11-14-2017, 10:47 PM
Thank you everyone for letting us know your thoughts on the Shaman. I saw BTTrinity suggest making the bite un-cancelable. I know it's early, but does anyone else have any specific changes to the Shaman's moveset they'd like to see made? you can give her a health penalty if she misses like shugoki's demon embrace and reduce her tracking or you can just reduce the damage maybe 30%

OhThatTickles
11-14-2017, 10:48 PM
I thought Shaman looked cool at first when it looked like landing a bleed required effort - a completed combo. The ability to just land bleed with a heavy feint -> light unlocks her higher end abilities with little to no effort from anyone, bypassing any need for combos. I've already noticed a pattern among >50% of shamans in duels; Zone -> cancel after second hit -> light (gives bleed) -> spam Predator's Mercy (Bite) until game is over. The bleed on heavy-feint-light needs to go, make a shaman work for her abilities.

Shaman is guaranteed a successful hit after any connection with Predator's Hunger, a heavy with a wall splat, yet predator's hunger has a faster windup then similar moves. Guaranteed damage needs a check on it such as longer windup, heavy stamina cost, super-punish if missed, etc. See similar moves like Cent's Kick, Conq's shield bash, even Shinobi's Kick. Make it come out slower, increase stamina or make her fall down if she misses. Preferably two of the above.

Predator's Mercy (Bite) is unblockable/directionless, deals a large amount of damage, heals, can be instantly repeated if missed, or one can dodge-attack afterwards to avoid any punish On top of this it has unbelievable tracking. For a move this good, why is there no punish, why is it directionless, what keeps people from spamming it. Moves this good generally have long recovery times (glad groundstab, Zerk top heavy finisher) and are much more difficult to use.

I know it's early into release, but some of these are very basic balance concepts. In comparison to ANY other hero she just has more abusable and spammable tools, without fear of punish. I really do hope nerfs don't take the standard 1.5-2 seasons.

Oupyz
11-14-2017, 10:58 PM
pk and shaman both classes broken , their second light can't be block , cause there's no indication before timesnap was removed everything was fine , but ubi like to break the game even more

SenBotsu893
11-14-2017, 11:32 PM

- 25 damage 500ms evade HEAVY attack -> lower damage (if its that fast AND a heavy it should not be so rewarding)
same goes for wild cats rage. the attack travels such an insane distance and is way to strong for such a swift attack.

- Predators mercy is waaaaaaaay to fast for such a risk free and rewarding attack (for reference Demon embrace has ZERO tracking now, selfinflicting damage if missed, gigantic wind up animation)

- for how easy it is to apply bleed from any direction by simply softfeinting ANY heavy or after a heavy finisher it should not bee this potent. (must be around 25 bleed + autoheal unlock)

- predators hunger is warlord headbutt 3.0. (easier to wind up becasue it can start from a back dodge as well, can be canceld into gb, insane distance)
remove the wallsplat also increase activation time for it is just another cheese way for free damage and no cancel into gb.

-throw shortcuts. feels like the intention was to make it inevitable to get the Predators Mercy after bleed. -> throw should not guarantee predators moves to connect.

-auto-heal without any feats or risk to the player. this has to eiter significantly reduce the heal effect or Lower her Overall HP.

-if an bleeding enemy activates Revenge she can still activate predators mercy. this has to be a bug because upon revenge activation bleed is negated. yet she somehow can still act as if the enemy is still suffering from bleed effect.

-feats: flesh wound and second wind have no place on an assasin that can heal itself already. replace with doom banner and throwing axe.

Cuculis
11-15-2017, 12:24 AM
First change let the two classes be both male and female. So I have tried both classes. They are both a little op but the shaman is ******ed op. The shaman no matter what will get a poison on you. Its as easy as hitting a heavy attack and then just spamming light attack. Or zone and then spam light attack. Also the fact that she can miss a pounce and then pounce right away again is stupid. Who made that feature a thing lol? Anyway those are some reasons she is op. I dunno how you want to fix her. She needs a full rework.

The aramusha honestly is not very good. Like somebody said in a previous post they turtle and then abuse block blockade. As for their infinite chain they have the same problems zerkers have always had which is after the first hit the hits will be blocked or parried very easily.

Anyway gg this game lol.........

Maxime_Qc-
11-15-2017, 12:58 AM
I love the shaman so much thank you ubisoft never had so much fun since the beta on for honor lol !!!

Start playing at 10h30 am, its 19h now and in allready rep 1 level 8

People please Stop hating in assassin !!!

Every season its the same thing

Rikuto01.tv
11-15-2017, 01:10 AM
Dear friends at Ubi, I pose to you a question.

Have long range unreactable unblockables ever been popular in this game?

No?

THEN STOP PUTTING THEM IN THE GAME.

Also, you guys literally made a huge deal about nerfing characters like orochi by killing their flicker and then you create a characters who's main gimmick is an intentional flicker. Seriously? SERIOUSLY?

If you're going to play at that, give me my flicker back.

RiceComboA
11-15-2017, 01:11 AM
I love the shaman so much thank you ubisoft never had so much fun since the beta on for honor lol !!!

Start playing at 10h30 am, its 19h now and in allready rep 1 level 8

People please Stop hating in assassin !!!

Every season its the same thing

LOL is this sarcasm?...

If not, here's the translation I'm getting:

Thanks UBI for making the Shaman super OP so I can win fights without any actual skill! Ubi is now all of a sudden awesome! Please don't nerf!

Maxime_Qc-
11-15-2017, 01:17 AM
Lolll i knew someone's gonna bite !!!

But no im not sarcastic

And im beyond this stade of trying To prove that i got skillz

I know what i can do .... and people with who i play know it too. ..everyday friend and friend of my friend challenge me and i even let them chose MY own character To fight them!!.

I think shaman is just really fun To play

Devils-_-legacy
11-15-2017, 01:27 AM
Lolll i knew someone's gonna bite !!!

But no im not sarcastic

And im beyond this stade of trying To prove that i got skillz

I know what i can do .... and people with who i play know it too. ..everyday friend and friend of my friend challenge me and i even let them chose MY own character To fight them!!.

I think shaman is just really fun To play

I'm not surprised it's fun like a boxing match where ones one steroids from what I've seen at least there sorting her tracking out weird they released her knowing that it was a issue

Devils-_-legacy
11-15-2017, 01:31 AM
Plus it's just a upgrade for your pk

Vordred
11-15-2017, 02:52 AM
the Shaman is another Centurion. where i makes me wonder wtf they were thinking, anyone even just reading the shamans kit, could see it was going to be op.

giving a super fast assassin crazy mix-ups was always going to be bad, especially on console.

but well i personally feel just like with the cent, its a character that needs to be taken back to the drawing board.

for something that would at least drop her stupid levels of op down to just op. is you remove the ability to soft faint heavys and zone into a bleed. if they had to take risks and work for the bleed, i wouldn't mind the heat seeker op bite.

but the fact she can soft faint a super fast bleed in any direction she chooses makes applying bleed ridiculously easy. then proceed to cheese you to death well recovering all her stam and health, just stupid.

Baturai
11-15-2017, 03:03 AM
i am speachless ahahhaahh
Well done Ubi. I can cancer now.

Tobias96716
11-15-2017, 04:40 AM
Ol the Shaman is just to good....they painted themselves inro a corner with it...if they change anything the entire hero would be trash since everything is so reliant on everything they do....i literally can kill people in 3 seconds....no matter the hero i go against now that i figured out the move set....

Aramusha needs help....lack luster to say the least....also needs to have a heavy on gb....

Pain-Seeker
11-15-2017, 11:42 AM
Shaman needs rerf , reasons have been said already . Just want ubisoft to see that players are really unhappy with character

Knight_Raime
11-15-2017, 12:28 PM
Not saying it shouldn't get nerfed (it should. damage needs to go down and splat needs to go) but it is reactable.
I dodged it several times today. you dodge late if you have decent range. if you're within arms reach you do it on reaction. if you're closer than that you can't dodge it.
She can also be hit out of it. Which means whiffing to bait a pounce works. and heros with dodge attacks can punish it.

Charmzzz
11-15-2017, 01:15 PM
Not saying it shouldn't get nerfed (it should. damage needs to go down and splat needs to go) but it is reactable.
I dodged it several times today. you dodge late if you have decent range. if you're within arms reach you do it on reaction. if you're closer than that you can't dodge it.
She can also be hit out of it. Which means whiffing to bait a pounce works. and heros with dodge attacks can punish it.

Confirmed - dodged or interrupted with a 500ms Light the Predator-Moves alot yesterday. When you dodge it - free GB. And before anyone comes in and complains that it is only interruptable by a "few" Characters with a Light: Only 3 (out of 18) Characters do NOT have a 500ms Light.

Edit: But I call for a Nerf, too! Getting bleed is so easy as Shaman, and then free healz on every attack? Come on... And Predators Mercy is just overtuned as it heals, deals massive damage, regens Stamina and on top of that locks the enemy in the animation so everybody can throw their heavy attacks.

- Keep heals on bleed? Lower HP on Shaman to 100 / 110. Else lower heal value alot.
- Keep animation lock on Pred Mercy? Remove Stamina regen, lower Damage, lower heal value.

DAmisguidedMONK
11-15-2017, 01:58 PM
Do you guys need a pepsi cola with all your complains or some fanta.

They dont need to change the shaman or the aramusha you got it backwards, they need to rework the other 16 characters. It took them two seasons to rework centurion while we had some 500 hours of pain and now they wanna nerf the new characters in 1 week?! That's just insane.

Continue reworking on the othet characters and stop listening to people complain about the new characters they don't have the season pass that's why they complain. Let them play the new characters first and then u read their complains. We went thru hell beeing zerk mains and now u wanna kill our zerk 2.0?!
They went thru hell with kensei and orochi noe u wanma kill their nee hero?!

Do what's right by adding soft feints to the other 16 characters some unblock ables and a new tutorial! Thank you, have a gr8 season and stop complaining cent lovers that hate to get their *** whoopped by others just embrace the change and everything comes into place! Peaceee

Baturai
11-15-2017, 02:56 PM
Try that in real Life, initiate With head and kicks and JAW ( Hyperarmor lol ) v.s a Guy with Blade in Hands. This game makes no ****IN sense.

DKDridin
11-15-2017, 03:22 PM
GUYS! They made the shaman overpowered on purpose, to manipulate people to buy the season pass and steel. These are bad people with no conscience but that which money provides.

Netcode_err_404
11-15-2017, 03:32 PM

They dont need to change the shaman or the aramusha you got it backwards, they need to rework the other 16 characters. It took them two seasons to rework centurion while we had some 500 hours of pain and now they wanna nerf the new characters in 1 week?! That's just insane.

Continue reworking on the othet characters and stop listening to people complain about the new characters they don't have the season pass that's why they complain. Let them play the new characters first and then u read their complains. We went thru hell beeing zerk mains and now u wanna kill our zerk 2.0?!

Do what's right by adding soft feints to the other 16 characters some unblock ables and a new tutorial! Thank you, have a gr8 season and stop complaining cent lovers that hate to get their *** whoopped by others just embrace the change and everything comes into place! Peaceee

reworking 16 characters, LOL.

Ofc they are absolutely gonna do this.

Be realistic bud

SenBotsu893
11-15-2017, 03:46 PM

i would gladly have the og characters enhanced to the new level of play that shaman has introduced.
but what do you think is more reasonable and actually duable? balance the the 1 new character or update 16+ old characters?

Vakris_One
11-15-2017, 04:11 PM
i would gladly have the og characters enhanced to the new level of play that shaman has introduced.
but what do you think is more reasonable and actually duable? balance the the 1 new character or update 16+ old characters?
Well seeing as how they're kicking off a bunch of reworks starting with Kensei, Conq and Zerker I would say they be going for updating ye olde characters. The devs themselves have said they've learned a lot and have updated their character design philosophy since the original roster. They're obviously happier with the new heroes so they're going for updating the older roster rather than scrapping all the new heroes who are mechanically superior and have more versatile kits.

It's the same approach they're taking with dedicated servers. Instead of propping up a failed experiment in their P2P network they're going for the more difficult task but one that will in the long run be the better option. They're not going to be making a For Honor 2, at least not for the next 4-5 years and their approach is one of longevity for the game rather than a short term band aid, which is ultimatrly what nerfing the new heroes to the ground is.

Netcode_err_404
11-15-2017, 04:14 PM
Well seeing as how they're kicking off a bunch of reworks starting with Kensei, Conq and Zerker I would say they be going for updating ye olde characters. The devs themselves have said they've learned a lot and have updated their character design philosophy since the original roster. They're obviously happier with the new heroes so they're going for updating the older roster rather than scrapping all the new heroes who are mechanically superior and have more versatile kits.

It's the same approach they're taking with dedicated servers. Instead of propping up a failed experiment in their P2P network they're going for the more difficult task but one that will in the long run be the better option. They're not going to be making a For Honor 2, at least not for the next 4-5 years and their approach is one of longevity for the game rather than a short term band aid, which is ultimatrly what nerfing the new heroes to the ground is.

so, your rework idea is basically to give everyone tons of soft feint and UB that deals free damage by pressing 2 buttons ?

Im seriously thinking about buyig tekken lol

Vakris_One
11-15-2017, 04:20 PM
so, your rework idea is basically to give everyone tons of soft feint and UB that deals free damage by pressing 2 buttons ?

Im seriously thinking about buyig tekken lol
We don't know what their idea of a rework is but I would wager a guess it is about having a more versatile kit and perhaps some more unique mechanics and character specific traits. It will certainly beat the sorry a$$ state the likes of Kensei are in, no?

If Tekken is appealing to you go for it I'd say, no one is forcing For Honor on you. Tekken has never really appealed to me, I was always more into Street Fighter, Soul Calibre and Dead or Alive personally.

Pain-Seeker
11-15-2017, 04:31 PM
Its great that they are reworking old heroes but it will take seasons to get them to lvl shaman is right now . Shaman needs to be nerfed now and once every character is at the same lvl as shaman (kit wise) they can rebalance her again . It makes no sense to have an OP character in game for months just because others will be the same later

Waxfacts
11-15-2017, 04:52 PM
I like the idea of making everyone op, resulting in no one being op. However shaman is very strong, i dont think nerfing her some now, and maybe bringing her up a bit later when everyone receives that bump is a bad idea. Nothing says that something removed cant be reimplemented, the stamina bar blink is a good example of that.
Blood trance in itself is just powerful, it offers more than some feats. Its healing, and damage potential can be pretty stupid, the pounce is a big problem right now id say. She doesn't really have a weakness, and there is nothing she cant do. No reason to use anyone else if you have her, if she doesn't get changed somewhat i dont doubt in 4v4 tournaments (or any competetive gamemode) it will be full team shaman vs shaman. A jack of all trades, but does everything better than the concepts she's mimicking.

DAmisguidedMONK
11-15-2017, 05:07 PM
Guys your not seeing the picture from the best perspective, they promised milion things, they did most of them, wait for those reworks cuz i promise u they are comeing for all 16 characters, no need to go backwards because we are moving forward. I got season pass since day 1 because i feel this game is a master piece and i wanted them to get something out of it so they can take care of us too, and they are, they always did and i feel they will always do.

I was a main berserk i went to hell against lawbringers, pks, centurions and many others who bodied this class without even having to parry me but now i got the berserk 2.0 and im whole with her. So wait for ur turn they will rework all 16 characters but giving them rude and bad comments its not fair.

And ive seen people talking ab them trying to make money with season pass and steel, if u want the truth.. u got the game, u got some characters, whateva you get after that its bonus, a gift and more that u paid for. So start beeing more thankful that they give us weekly stuff, maps, gamemods, characters, events and future seasons. Start being lucky you are in this game and they care about us all equally. Do that and you would be a much happier human being and a proud player of this comunity. Peace

Jarl.Felix
11-15-2017, 10:35 PM
Guys your not seeing the picture from the best perspective, they promised milion things, they did most of them, wait for those reworks cuz i promise u they are comeing for all 16 characters, no need to go backwards because we are moving forward. I got season pass since day 1 because i feel this game is a master piece and i wanted them to get something out of it so they can take care of us too, and they are, they always did and i feel they will always do.

I was a main berserk i went to hell against lawbringers, pks, centurions and many others who bodied this class without even having to parry me but now i got the berserk 2.0 and im whole with her. So wait for ur turn they will rework all 16 characters but giving them rude and bad comments its not fair.

And ive seen people talking ab them trying to make money with season pass and steel, if u want the truth.. u got the game, u got some characters, whateva you get after that its bonus, a gift and more that u paid for. So start beeing more thankful that they give us weekly stuff, maps, gamemods, characters, events and future seasons. Start being lucky you are in this game and they care about us all equally. Do that and you would be a much happier human being and a proud player of this comunity. Peace

You're delusional dude. You want us to wait 1-2 years for Ubisoft for a CHANCE to balance this game ? Even when they offer us not a single clue or roadmap to the so called balance ?

Even when the signs shows clearly no improvement ? When they release more cancer every season ? :))

No.. you gotta point the problems, speak them out, criticise and MAYBE they will learn to improve, adapt like EA does, like Blizzard does... or maybe not... they'll just be ... Ubisoft.

Oupyz
11-16-2017, 12:37 AM
like many stated no one is willing to wait months for character rework so we can catch up with shaman crap , it needs to be hotfixed even before it's available to anyone , and that means in days , how the **** they gave us a characters that is 1000 times strongers than most character is beyond my logic of understanding :/

ChrisTaben2017
11-16-2017, 01:50 AM
Start listening Ubisoft, people are gonna start leaving this game and you'll be left with 2 shamans battling it out in duels till the end of time

We.the.North
11-16-2017, 03:05 AM
Start listening Ubisoft, people are gonna start leaving this game and you'll be left with 2 shamans battling it out in duels till the end of time

I'm gone for months. In a single day of gaming, Aramusha 100%-0% stunlock (https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveForHonor/comments/7d436v/aramusha_can_stun_lock_assassins_on_console/) and Shaman copied moves from other characters (https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveForHonor/comments/7d0qdv/shaman_has_nearly_every_mechanic_in_the_game/) but at the same time with better damage / tracking / range / crazy good feats.

The flaws of this game are now way too big to ignore, it has gotten to a point it is not fun anymore. Those character bring a whole new level of cancer and salt to the game.

VinDieseII69
11-16-2017, 03:45 AM
Arashuma also needs a nerf

Netcode_err_404
11-16-2017, 05:52 AM
https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/SnarlingTediousKissingbug

"Easily punished with a dodge"

PDXGorechild
11-16-2017, 09:44 AM
I've only just had a chance to play last night for the first time in season 4, and it's as I expected.

She's basically a rabid Berserker with some additional moves, some of which are pretty ridiculous. Her mix up capability seems better. She's got bleed AND a stunning bear hug style move. I like the style of it, I really do, but with each new character that comes out most of the original characters fall further behind. We've got new classes with tons of unblockables, melee attacks, stuns, bleeds etc and gimped classes like Conq, Zerk, Kensei, Orochi, remain unchanged.

I get that the new classes had to be different and interesting, and probably intentionally OP as a marketing ploy to get more players to buy steel/season passes, but you've filled the roster now. You've upset and disappointed a lot of old, loyal players with each season and ya'll have been incredibly slow to sort out a lot of blaringly obvious problems that quite honestly shouldn't have made it past your own test servers.

The Roster is full, there's enough to keep us entertained for the meantime, please say you'll now pump all of your effort and resources into balancing the existing classes, old and new, and tweaking the fight system!? :nonchalance:

AND once you've done that get on making a siege mode 8v8. We've been asking since February ya'll.

Dude_of_Valor
11-16-2017, 10:33 AM
So as an xbox player is there any advice one can give on how to deal with the two new classes?

The shaman seems to hit me a little, then knock me to the floor and win. Is there a way to counter this rushing attacking, and if I do will they loose health like a shugoki?

As for the other class, it seems hard to block in time when they spam their endless attacks. Even trying to dodge is pretty hard as seem to still be caught by it. Is even worse when you pick a character with a slow stance change (looking at you Nobushi) as then you truly are f*cked.

Overall I would say that if the classes will eventually head into the direction of a centurion, shaman, gladiator etc then I fear this game will just become a button masher.

Oupyz
11-16-2017, 10:45 AM
So as an xbox player is there any advice one can give on how to deal with the two new classes?

The shaman seems to hit me a little, then knock me to the floor and win. Is there a way to counter this rushing attacking, and if I do will they loose health like a shugoki?

As for the other class, it seems hard to block in time when they spam their endless attacks. Even trying to dodge is pretty hard as seem to still be caught by it. Is even worse when you pick a character with a slow stance change (looking at you Nobushi) as then you truly are f*cked.

Overall I would say that if the classes will eventually head into the direction of a centurion, shaman, gladiator etc then I fear this game will just become a button masher.

shaman is op

Aramusha op vs assassins

that's it :)

Vakris_One
11-16-2017, 12:45 PM
The way some of you post I honestly don't know what you expect to happen with the progression of this game. Would you prefer For Honor to stay exactly as it was before these 2 new characters released? A boring passive staring contest where being OOS doesn't matter and everyone backdodges like crazy as soon as they hit their last slither of health so it can regen back up to 1 bar. Occassionally someone couragously throws out a GB or throws out a super fast zone out of boredom. The first ever fighting game in history to be all about defending for a win.

All these threats to leave and how the player base will bleed because God forbid they released two characters that are all about attacking and being aggressive... in a fighting game... It's insane right? We should burn Ubisoft's flag and set fire to effigies of the devs right away. Never you mind that this is what the community at large has wanted since Season 1 - the death of the turtle meta. Welcome to the attack meta boys and girls, you're finally playing a fighting game.

Is the transition perfect? No. The new characters need tweaks based on honest feedback and most of the older characters need to be reworked in line with the new benchmark that the Shaman sets. We know that Kensei, Zerker and Conq are the first of these reworks and we have to see how they will work. But this is the future of the game. To just nerf these 2 new characters to the ground until they are trash is not going to progress the game, it will just make the game stagnate and stay in the same place it has always been and that would be pointless.

Oupyz
11-16-2017, 02:43 PM
The way some of you post I honestly don't know what you expect to happen with the progression of this game. Would you prefer For Honor to stay exactly as it was before these 2 new characters released? A boring passive staring contest where being OOS doesn't matter and everyone backdodges like crazy as soon as they hit their last slither of health so it can regen back up to 1 bar. Occassionally someone couragously throws out a GB or throws out a super fast zone out of boredom. The first ever fighting game in history to be all about defending for a win.

All these threats to leave and how the player base will bleed because God forbid they released two characters that are all about attacking and being aggressive... in a fighting game... It's insane right? We should burn Ubisoft's flag and set fire to effigies of the devs right away. Never you mind that this is what the community at large has wanted since Season 1 - the death of the turtle meta. Welcome to the attack meta boys and girls, you're finally playing a fighting game.

Is the transition perfect? No. The new characters need tweaks based on honest feedback and most of the older characters need to be reworked in line with the new benchmark that the Shaman sets. We know that Kensei, Zerker and Conq are the first of these reworks and we have to see how they will work. But this is the future of the game. To just nerf these 2 new characters to the ground until they are trash is not going to progress the game, it will just make the game stagnate and stay in the same place it has always been and that would be pointless.

while i like the new direction of the game , i dislike a character being 1000 stronger than the original character , and thats what exactly is wrong with the game , they make fun and aggressive character while the rest of the characters 70% of them has no freaking opener to begin with ..... a fighting game should be somehow balanced , hence the somehow , but for honor fall very very very short ..... i would say tone down shaman and Aramusha vs assassins with guard reflex untill u find how to buff the other characters while waiting for rework

Oupyz
11-16-2017, 02:45 PM
https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/SnarlingTediousKissingbug

"Easily punished with a dodge"

Ubisoft Take A Look Please :)))

Tundra 793
11-16-2017, 02:58 PM
Ubisoft Take A Look Please :)))

Lets be fair; The Highlander doesn't have any dodge or parry punishes. He has been since he launched, an at best mediocre character. From Shugoki to Shaman, he cannot punish. He's a ****ty turtle amongst fast assassin's.

It's only been a few days, and I really, genuinely hate how the community, gamers in general to be honest, are too quick to start calling things OP.

There does exist a kind of existence between "OP" and "Under Powered", and It probably will take us and the developers more than 3 days to figure out exactly what needs fixing and balancing.

Oupyz
11-16-2017, 03:14 PM
Lets be fair; The Highlander doesn't have any dodge or parry punishes. He has been since he launched, an at best mediocre character. From Shugoki to Shaman, he cannot punish. He's a ****ty turtle amongst fast assassin's.

It's only been a few days, and I really, genuinely hate how the community, gamers in general to be honest, are too quick to start calling things OP.

There does exist a kind of existence between "OP" and "Under Powered", and It probably will take us and the developers more than 3 days to figure out exactly what needs fixing and balancing.

About Shaman even my son can balance her better , incase of highlander you don't make a character like shaman that is 1000 stronger than most characters , u take it to your drawing board , and design it arround other character weakness/strenght to figure out a middle balance , u dont make a characters that has all other heroes strenght minus their weakness , this character was made to force people to buy steel/season pass

Tundra 793
11-16-2017, 03:21 PM
About Shaman even my son can balance her better , incase of highlander you don't make a character like shaman that is 1000 stronger than most characters , u take it to your drawing board , and design it arround other character weakness/strenght to figure out a middle balance , u dont make a characters that has all other heroes strenght minus their weakness , this character was made to force people to buy steel/season pass

But as Vakris correctly pointed out already; Old classes are getting reworked to fit in with the newer heroes and meta changes.
Berserker mains were calling out for improvements as far back as Season 2.

Shaman might seem strong now, a whopping several days after being released, but thinking ahead, starting to throw around heavy duty nerfs might doom the character to the same level of mediocrity that Berserker or Kensei have been struggling with for 4 seasons now.

And I would much rather see the old heroes get reworked, than start bringing the new heroes down to their level.

Oupyz
11-16-2017, 03:23 PM
But as Vakris correctly pointed out already; Old classes are getting reworked to fit in with the newer heroes and meta changes.
Berserker mains were calling out for improvements as far back as Season 2.

Shaman might seem strong now, a whopping several days after being released, but thinking ahead, starting to throw around heavy duty nerfs might doom the character to the same level of mediocrity that Berserker or Kensei have been struggling with for 4 seasons now.

And I would much rather see the old heroes get reworked, than start bringing the new heroes down to their level.

do you mean waiting 2 seasons for a rework of 3 characters what about the rest , thanks but no thanks

nerf her now , buff her later after u fix the original heroes

Nootrya
11-16-2017, 03:57 PM
OMG just throw her a freaking LIGHT

Stop complaining about stuff you don't even know!
Get good, learn.
A simple light just stop her jump, dodge feint.

She is basically a Valk.
Everyone at start was complaining about spam and combo and then everyone saw that was totally reactable and she went straight to trash tier.

The only problem with Shaman right now is the tracking issues with her bite, and sometimes she can feint her unblockable AFTER the flash..
But that's just some bugs and will be fixed.
Well, her stamina punish is way too strong, hope they'll reduce the damage of her unblockable. But that's it.

And, seriously, peoples who complain about light spam still exists??
LEARN TO PARRY, THERE IS A TUTORIAL FOR THAT.
500ms is totally ok!

No one risk a random light in high level.
You have to feint, use mix-up and mind games to land a hit.

I don't own a season pass, and i main Valk and Shugoki. So far the shaman mix-up are totally reactable, her dodges feints are ridiculously easy to stop with a light.

Please just get better at this game (as i'll get better at english), and Then cry about something op (like cents wall splat punish, shinobi being ridiculously safe against everyone who isn't an assassin, turtle lb and his 50/50).

This too new character aren't Op, we just didn't learn all the timing, and that's fine, we will. And then everyone will see they are not so overpowered.

I swear you look likes beginner who just start the game and got powned, so you get mad at the game.

JediGamerFurius
11-16-2017, 04:03 PM
People talk about rework the older heroes as a instanteneous easy task. Come on guys, it will take forever to rework the old guys. Not sayin that they should't do it, but this is a long term. For the short, just focus on balance the new ones without kill them. I think maybe shaman could be fixed more easily then aramusha, once this guy is focused on faints.

Vakris_One
11-16-2017, 05:07 PM
while i like the new direction of the game , i dislike a character being 1000 stronger than the original character , and thats what exactly is wrong with the game , they make fun and aggressive character while the rest of the characters 70% of them has no freaking opener to begin with ..... a fighting game should be somehow balanced , hence the somehow , but for honor fall very very very short ..... i would say tone down shaman and Aramusha vs assassins with guard reflex untill u find how to buff the other characters while waiting for rework
I agree that in a perfect world all the characters would have viable kits but the next best thing is to release all the new heroes and then start adjusting everyone with the better heroes as the benchmark. Otherwise you'd be continually going backwards and forwards and it all ends up in a big mess.

The devs need to be able to come out with these heroes that have progressively better kits and new mechanics. That way they have a better picture of what works in the long run so they can systematically ditch all of the stuff that ended up being unusable. Otherwise we'll be forever repeating the stuff that gets rendered obsolete whenever another hero gets reworked. The objective isn't about making everyone essentially the same character, it's about giving everyone viable yet varied kits and equalising everyone's good and bad matchups. So that in the end everyone has a more or less equal amount of good and bad matchups against other characters.

People talk about rework the older heroes as a instanteneous easy task. Come on guys, it will take forever to rework the old guys. Not sayin that they should't do it, but this is a long term. For the short, just focus on balance the new ones without kill them. I think maybe shaman could be fixed more easily then aramusha, once this guy is focused on faints.
The Shaman can be easily adjusted in the short term by tweaking her damage numbers a bit. She isn't an insurmountable foe that has literally no counter to what she can do. She has a couple of bad matchups as well like Shinobi and Aramusha himself. Once the first batch of reworks are in on Kensei, Zerker and Conq she will, hopefully (if the devs do it right), have a few more tough battles to contend with. And people will start to have more character options opened up.

These 3 character reworks will be released during this Season. That's not a huge amount of time to wait, considering we've been waiting for over 6 months already for these heroes to get a rework. And now that all the new heroes are out the devs can focus more on character reworks and churning those out. Personally I think the Orochi would make a great counter to Aramusha by giving Orochi a similiar all guard stance that gives him a specific punish for catching light attacks.

Netcode_err_404
11-16-2017, 05:48 PM
OMG just throw her a freaking LIGHT

Stop complaining about stuff you don't even know!
Get good, learn.
A simple light just stop her jump, dodge feint.

She is basically a Valk.
Everyone at start was complaining about spam and combo and then everyone saw that was totally reactable and she went straight to trash tier.

The only problem with Shaman right now is the tracking issues with her bite, and sometimes she can feint her unblockable AFTER the flash..
But that's just some bugs and will be fixed.
Well, her stamina punish is way too strong, hope they'll reduce the damage of her unblockable. But that's it.

And, seriously, peoples who complain about light spam still exists??
LEARN TO PARRY, THERE IS A TUTORIAL FOR THAT.
500ms is totally ok!

No one risk a random light in high level.
You have to feint, use mix-up and mind games to land a hit.

I don't own a season pass, and i main Valk and Shugoki. So far the shaman mix-up are totally reactable, her dodges feints are ridiculously easy to stop with a light.

Please just get better at this game (as i'll get better at english), and Then cry about something op (like cents wall splat punish, shinobi being ridiculously safe against everyone who isn't an assassin, turtle lb and his 50/50).

This too new character aren't Op, we just didn't learn all the timing, and that's fine, we will. And then everyone will see they are not so overpowered.

I swear you look likes beginner who just start the game and got powned, so you get mad at the game.

Thats the incoherence at its finest

"throw her a light"

"In high lvl nobody throws random lights"

Also, some classes light are 600 ms, her punce is 550, even lower with time snap, so to counter a 500 ms attack with a 600 ms, you should throw it BEFORE her UB. Which is a little impossible.

xD

mind games ? HAve you ever played tekken ? Thats a mind games, beeing completely passive for 4 minutes waiting a misstake fromn your opponent, is not mind game, is classed as boredoom,

Th

JediGamerFurius
11-16-2017, 06:03 PM
These 3 character reworks will be released during this Season. That's not a huge amount of time to wait, considering we've been waiting for over 6 months already for these heroes to get a rework. And now that all the new heroes are out the devs can focus more on character reworks and churning those out. Personally I think the Orochi would make a great counter to Aramusha by giving Orochi a similiar all guard stance that gives him a specific punish for catching light attacks.

It will take alot of time to upgrade all of them, trust me. Orochi, yes this one defenely needs an urgent upgrade, his lights are crap exept for the top one, I think his lights need more speed to say the least, and of course an unbloqueable kick maybe.

StriderBorne
11-16-2017, 06:12 PM
No multiple attempts on pounces. You should be able to dodge it. The damage seems too high for something that also heals. What if the Centurion pounce had healed him also? Thats what you gave her. The 'are you from the matrix?' 180 degrees around corners crap has to stop. The fast run holding heavy where she dash and can catch anyone needs to go. Pounce feint needs to go.

Morpheus256
11-16-2017, 07:34 PM
The dodge timing on shaman's pounce is a bit tricky but once you know when to dodge it is definitely possible to avoid it regularly. Her pounce feint is useless. If you dodge before you even see the UB indicator you will get tracked anyway. I wouldn't mind her "second chance" for the bite to be removed but it's not necessary.

Netcode_err_404
11-16-2017, 09:28 PM
No multiple attempts on pounces. You should be able to dodge it. The damage seems too high for something that also heals. What if the Centurion pounce had healed him also? Thats what you gave her. The 'are you from the matrix?' 180 degrees around corners crap has to stop. The fast run holding heavy where she dash and can catch anyone needs to go. Pounce feint needs to go.

Pk with unblockables would be op right ?

Well. here we go bois-

ChampionRuby50g
11-17-2017, 12:22 AM
Pk with unblockables would be op right ?

Well. here we go bois-

But does she not have an unblockable, in her deflect?

RiceComboA
11-17-2017, 01:21 AM
But does she not have an unblockable, in her deflect?

That's like saying attacks after Parry is also an unblockable....

ChampionRuby50g
11-17-2017, 03:54 AM
That's like saying attacks after Parry is also an unblockable....

If you look at her moveset there is an unblockable icon next to it... do you see that next too regular attacks? No.
LB has an Unblockable after parry, Blind Justice. That also has an unblockable icon next to it. So your logic is flawed.