PDA

View Full Version : Adding an old version of 2070 to steam

Feknol
11-12-2017, 11:51 PM
Hi there

I have an older version of Anno 2070 on an instalation cd, and i was wondering if there was any way to add the game to steam (and tie it to the steam acount). Thee install keycode is NOT a steam code, and yes i know that i can ad it as a none-steam game, but that will onley ad it to the steam intallation, and not the account, meaning it wil onley show up in my steam game liberary on the pc i installed it, and not aditional pcs and labtops running the same steam account, and it will not be added in a way that i can downloade the and install the game from steam, meaning i can not install it on a pc with no CD drive, without buying the game again. i mean i already bought it once.

So is there anyway to get around this challange, or to get my cd key converted to a steam key?

Hope to find a solution
Feknol

dirp110
11-28-2017, 09:30 PM
i would love to play Anno 2070 a game i purchased on steam. for real money i might add. but the CD key is apparently in use. so i cannot play the game i purchased. if those turd knuckles at Ubisoft had even the slightest affinity for understanding how the world works we wouldn't have this problem. Uplay is the stupidest idea they ever came up with.
"lets create a competitor program to steam"
"gret idea!"
"and seance we don't want to miss any potential sails lets also market it on steam!"
"brillant... but doesnt that remove the need for a competitor program to steam"
"..."
"... ..."
"... we'll call it Uplay!"
"brilliant!"

Mr_B-
12-12-2017, 02:51 PM
I have an older version of Anno 2070 on an instalation cd, and i was wondering if there was any way to add the game to steam (and tie it to the steam acount). Thee install keycode is NOT a steam code, and yes i know that i can ad it as a none-steam game, but that will onley ad it to the steam intallation, and not the account, meaning it wil onley show up in my steam game liberary on the pc i installed it, and not aditional pcs and labtops running the same steam account, and it will not be added in a way that i can downloade the and install the game from steam, meaning i can not install it on a pc with no CD drive, without buying the game again. i mean i already bought it once.

So is there anyway to get around this challange, or to get my cd key converted to a steam key?As far as i know, even the steam installer require uPlay, so, you'd launch steam, to launch Anno 2070, which launches uPlay, tries to update and whatnot, and first after that launches the game. Not much point in having it on Steam at that point.
Anyway, no, as far as i know, there is no way to get your uPlay key exchanged for a steam key.

i would love to play Anno 2070 a game i purchased on steam. for real money i might add. but the CD key is apparently in use. so i cannot play the game i purchased. if those turd knuckles at Ubisoft had even the slightest affinity for understanding how the world works we wouldn't have this problem.Not entirely sure this is UBI'softs fault, or problem, really. Turn to who ever sold the key, and make them fix it. Of course you should have a working game, if you paid for it.