PDA

View Full Version : -SPOILERS- question about odd effect in certain area

Scott_94
11-11-2017, 11:32 AM
Just to the west of the temple in the Desheret Desert, there is a flat circular area you can see on the map, while travelling through this area at night, Bayek, the mount and Senu all started to glow white while moving through the middle of the circular area. There was nothing showing up using the animus pulse and nothing when using Senu to search the area.
This only seems to happen at night time and not during the day, it happens with whatever you are wearing and whatever mount you are using. I have only just assassinated the crocodile, does anyone know if this relates to something later in the game that I have yet to come across? No big spoilers please, would appreciate being told if there is a reason for this I will come across later or if anyone has seen the same thing. Thanks.

IsAZebraACat
11-11-2017, 12:03 PM
Thanks for giving me an excuse to go exploring again.

Couldn't get it to happen for a bit, but when I got to a specific point in the circle.

It appears to be a negative image of your character and mount, so it could be a weird glitch.

http://i64.tinypic.com/96ymoj.jpg

I'm near the end of the game and haven't seen anything related to this. Will mess around some more to see what happens.

IsAZebraACat
11-11-2017, 12:17 PM
Here I am with my mount halfway in the circle of negative:

http://i64.tinypic.com/1z4eo44.jpg

Appears the effect cuts off at the knees too, which makes me think it is a glitch.

http://i65.tinypic.com/549js3.jpg

Buschkoeter
11-11-2017, 01:41 PM
But it certainly makes for some cool photos ;)

Scott_94
11-11-2017, 08:17 PM
Yeah that's exactly it! 😀 haha yeah the pictures do look really good! 👍 I tried to map it out by dropping torches at the area where it disappears, and it looks like it happens within a rough square shape near the centre of the circlular area. If you go as Senu and stay quite low it happens to her too.

Black_Widow9
11-11-2017, 10:30 PM
But it certainly makes for some cool photos ;)
That it does.

Could you post a screenshot of the spot on the map where this is happening?

Thanks!

Scott_94
11-11-2017, 11:34 PM
How do you send a picture or a screenshot on this?

xBlutkatze
11-17-2017, 08:11 AM
PC should be easy - just like the normal way you do screenshots ^^ (I do it with the "print" button on my keyboard and insert it in Paint) or at least you can make a photo with your camera while have the map open :) After that you can click on the "Insert Image" Button here on the forum. Use any service on the web where you can upload Pictures and insert the link there :)
I would be curious too to where to find this (as long as it isn't fixed xD)

Busy-A
11-17-2017, 12:50 PM
Oh wow finally ppl who see that too I discovered it pretty much one day after release. I was talking to the support about that they didn't mind it since it's just a visual lol
https://youtu.be/22i4XU0NthA

Scott_94
12-09-2017, 03:02 PM
Well done guys who said it might have been a location for trials of the gods you were right itís where sekhmet is!!

Scott_94
12-09-2017, 03:04 PM
Although I didnt notice this around the areas of the other trials locations! :) still itís cool to have found something like that out a bit early! :D

DynaRider
12-09-2017, 06:39 PM
I think the Desheret Desert is a weird place on purpose. As far as I know there is only one quest item in it and as you travel through things appear and disappear. I've seen a fire appear and go out leaving a small tree. I guess you would call it "haunted" and I think the programmers set it up that way. I've also found another place in the mountains where there are rocks floating in the air. Don't remember exactly where it is though.

Scott_94
12-09-2017, 10:10 PM
The fire and the trees are different mirages, there is a bunch of different mirages that you can see, it happens when Bayek is out in the sun for too long :) there is a trophy related to them where you have to see it rain bugs! :D it's pretty cool :) and yeah there seems to be a lot of empty space there! I wonder if maybe the DLC will make use of it :)