PDA

View Full Version : Shaman and Aramusha movesets

CandleInTheDark
11-10-2017, 10:53 PM
We have full movesets.

Shaman - https://i.redd.it/ucy2gymfg6xz.png (PC) https://i.imgur.com/3dFCReO.png (XBox) https://i.imgur.com/ohcUN70.png (PS4)

Aramusha - https://i.redd.it/czguqmhug6xz.png (PC) https://i.imgur.com/aVSbWwe.png (XBox) https://i.imgur.com/vjR62oN.png (PS4)

Icon legend http://forhonor.wikia.com/wiki/File:Ingame_icon_legend.png

EDIT Found them in XBox and PS4

Shaman has a longer set but there nice things on both of them. Shaman gets heal on successful attack when the opponent is bleeding, a light in the same direction as a light that hits in the same chain comes faster and she can cancel heavy finishers with a dodge, Aramusha has the infinite chain, attacks in the same direction to the one before do more damage and can turn heavy finishers and an attack off the allblock into a light in another direction ala kensei.

Looking at the movelists in a little more detail, Shaman's bite attack is maybe off deflect but could also be where she uses her kukri (the deflect is called Raven's Beak, the raven named moves and screaming the names of those next to die in the trailer give her a Morrigan vibe if you know your celtic mythology), possibly it is also forward or back dodge guardbreak, the names suggest that more to me, but that seems a little easy for a move like that so I hope it is telegraphed, if that is the bite you need to be ready for a second try or a heavy if she misses when you are bleeding. She can cause bleed after or cancelling a heavy opener or zone ala peacekeeper, and can cancel special moves (all together I assume) with feint. Her pounce (without bite) is heavy while sprinting. Forward or back dodge - guardbreak,holding that is an unblockable move, if her chain finishes with a left heavy, it is unblockable, that is going to take mind games and conditioning the opponent to pull off after the first day or so. Throws can be used as shortcuts into other moves. In blood trance, if she misses the side dodge guardbreak she gets another chance at it or can go for a heavy instead. Zone attack can be cancelled after the second strike so it is a multi strike zone. She gets a side dodge heavy and a forward or back dodge hold heavy.

Aramusha has four options off of the allblock, light, heavy, guardbreak, move mouse (which Iassume is change direction of attack) heavy, three of these are unblockable. Special moves can be cancelled off feint or turned into a light elsewhere, if he misses his sprint heavy he gets a second chance at it, the work is going to be done mostly in the opponent not knowing when you are going to let a move go through in its more powerful form or redirect/cancel it. I am assuming the cancel gives him a guardbreak opportunity if the opponent dodges, we know he has good dodges and is a counter attacker.

On first glance, I think shaman looks stronger, but the cancels, allblock options and redirections, I believe, give aramusha more options and mind games than you might think looking at the list.I've wanted to use the Shaman for the last three months since the season 3 leaks proved accurate but will be trying both.

Hoping all this makes sense, I have edited it quite a few times on looking at the lists.

TSCDescon
11-11-2017, 02:40 AM
Lol already looks op judging from the move set. Maybe not Aramusha but the Shaman, holy crap. OG characters are falling so far behind.

This game is slowly becoming more like Tekken & Street Fighter lol.

CandleInTheDark
11-11-2017, 02:45 AM
Lol already looks op judging from the move set. Maybe not Aramusha but the Shaman, holy crap. OG characters are falling so far behind.

This game is slowly becoming more like Tekken & Street Fighter lol.

I wouldn't say OP yet, there are bits of it I think potentially could be and might need balancing but one of them always comes from the same direction (unblockable chain finisher) and if the dodge guardbreak has to be held I am assuming an activation time or that it will be telegraphed like the gladiator bleed skewer which gets parried more often than not three months in, the only thing that concerns me at first glance is how much health does she regain in blood trance.

I agree over the OG though, they are getting reworks, we can only hope the speed on that increases some when the last of the fight system changes and the lag compensation stuff are done.

On the whole I would say as I have said for every other character, we will only really know when they have dropped and the non season pass holders have had a week or two to use them after having to face them for a week. She has a lot of stuff, how much of it is viable or gets used as a whole will only be known when we get our hands on her. I have very rarely, for example, seen a gladiator or centurion use their parry punish.

Knight_Raime
11-11-2017, 05:54 AM
Was going to post these myself. But good on you.
Aramusha seems strong. but entirely relies if you're good at feint bait games. If the zone is easy parry bait he'll have a hard time for sure.
Shaman seems strong. But guaranteeing a bleed proc seems like it'll be difficult.

I'm liking the looks of both though. Season 2 was cut and dry who I wanted. Season 3 was a bit more difficult to choose. This one I simply can't choose. Maybe gameplay next week will help.

Tyrjo
11-11-2017, 08:41 AM
Any PS4 screen shots? This makes zero sense for me?

Pinklander_Matt
11-11-2017, 10:01 AM
hope shaman will be cancerous like centurion in season 2 so finally i stop for a while to play the poor "balance" highlander , and start see people insult me...muhahahahahha

CandleInTheDark
11-11-2017, 10:07 AM
Any PS4 screen shots? This makes zero sense for me?

I found them in console notation, added to the top post.

Zhantay
11-11-2017, 01:01 PM
"Shaman gets heal on successful attack when the opponent is bleeding."

Is that a feat or built in? If it's built in, that's VERY strong. She's an assassin so I'm pretty sure she gets Sharpen Blade, since every assassin besides Gladiator has it.

ChampionRuby50g
11-11-2017, 01:04 PM

Is that a feat or build in? If it's build in, that's VERY strong. She's an assassin so I'm pretty sure she gets Sharpen Blade, since every assassin besides Gladiator has it.

Almost like Nobushi getting more damage against bleeding targets. Same concept, different outcome.

I wonder how much health Shaman will have, are people thinking the same as other Assassins around 120?

Zhantay
11-11-2017, 01:08 PM
Almost like Nobushi getting more damage against bleeding targets. Same concept, different outcome.

I wonder how much health Shaman will have, are people thinking the same as other Assassins around 120?

The way of the shark, feels Random. I gotten Nobushi to rep 40 and I still don't know how to control it and rarely see it, sometimes it does absolutely nothing and other times it goes through someone block once.

Only if they block and it only appears to activate when you are doing Vipers Retreat which is a top light.

This feels like a much easier passive, that will 100% work everytime and you will feel it. If someone is bleeding vs Nobushi all they have to do is fight back or parry which is very easy to do vs Nobushi, completely negating Way of the Shark. You will not avoid Blood Trance.

Jarl.Felix
11-11-2017, 01:10 PM
Beffudle - "Press right click after a missed sprint attack to follow up by a Heavy attack" Buawhahaha with shaman even if you miss you have an almost guaranteed heavy. Nice

CandleInTheDark
11-11-2017, 01:19 PM

Is that a feat or built in? If it's built in, that's VERY strong. She's an assassin so I'm pretty sure she gets Sharpen Blade, since every assassin besides Gladiator has it.

The exact wording is

Blood trance. While the opponent is bleeding, Shaman enters a blood trance. Blood trance lets the Shaman heal on every strike.

Now I am assuming this means every successful attack, if it is every time the Shaman presses an attack, which the text does not rule out all together, I would be worried over that.

Beffudle - "Press right click after a missed sprint attack to follow up by a Heavy attack" Buawhahaha with shaman even if you miss you have an almost guaranteed heavy. Nice

That is the Aramusha. Shaman's second chance comes with the dodge-guardbreak where she gets a second chance at that or a heavy but only while she is in blood trance.

Zhantay
11-11-2017, 01:24 PM
The exact wording is

Blood trance. While the opponent is bleeding, Shaman enters a blood trance. Blood trance lets the Shaman heal on every strike.

Now I am assuming this means every successful attack, if it is every time the Shaman presses an attack, which the text does not rule out all together, I would be worried over that.

Probably the most rewarding passive in the game, Shinobi needs a tier 4 feat just to do that. I'm very curious of these Heroes Feats since I mostly play Dominion. This is going to shake the game up :D.

CandleInTheDark
11-11-2017, 01:28 PM
Probably the most rewarding passive in the game, Shinobi needs a tier 4 feat just to do that. I'm very curious of these Heroes Feats since I mostly play Dominion. This is going to shake the game up :D.

It is one of three things that at first glance I thought I hope they have that balanced right on release, the others being the unblockable which the fact it only comes from the left should balance and what I am assuming is the pounce, it says hold gb, so to me that is a little like the valkyrie allblock or the orochi riptide strike.

I am interested that both characters get the instruction to move the right stick and press one of the attacks, I am not certain I have seen that particular notation before other than left stick back in top stance for riptide strike.

Oupyz
11-11-2017, 01:43 PM
they are killing the the turtle meta slowly by forcing a reaction , which is a good thing , but the question what will they do with the noob OG characters they are falling very short and way behind some character .

i'am liking the new direction Aramusha is what Nobushi should have been .

i guess i'll switch character until they fix the broken OG

CandleInTheDark
11-11-2017, 03:12 PM
they are killing the the turtle meta slowly by forcing a reaction , which is a good thing , but the question what will they do with the noob OG characters they are falling very short and way behind some character .

i'am liking the new direction Aramusha is what Nobushi should have been .

i guess i'll switch character until they fix the broken OG

Yeah in a way the reworks when they come will put the finishing touches to what they are starting with the fight system changes. Other than the first batch being kensei, conqueror and berserker there is no indication on who and when but hopefully once they have a parry fix they like they will pick up the pace.

Jarl.Felix
11-11-2017, 03:27 PM
I really hope they pay you big :))

You don't even play this game half as the people who posted in this thread Candle, you just talk to repair game image lol.

CandleInTheDark
11-11-2017, 03:37 PM
I really hope they pay you big :))

You don't even play this game half as the people who posted in this thread Candle, you just talk to repair game image lol.

Eh I am rep level 46, about one and a third levels off 47 and nope not paid (not that I would turn it down!)

SenBotsu893
11-11-2017, 03:43 PM
man just looking at the movesets makes it already clear wich one has the upper hand... no wonder she is the favourite of a certain dev...

Huntress has so many options and blood trans sounds like the most unbalanced build in passive anyone can have.
the Ronin on the other hand has such a limited selection on moves. half of it is just a full block fullow up.

sigh... i knew samurai wouldnt get a top tier fighter but i was hoping for at least something above averagre...

CandleInTheDark
11-11-2017, 03:47 PM
man just looking at the movesets makes it already clear wich one has the upper hand... no wonder she is the favourite of a certain dev...

Huntress has so many options and blood trans sounds like the most unbalanced build in passive anyone can have.
the Ronin on the other hand has such a limited selection on moves. half of it is just a full block fullow up.

sigh... i knew samurai wouldnt get a top tier fighter but i was hoping for at least something above averagre...

I wouldn't sleep on aramusha, his infinite chain options give you options to screw with your opponent's mind and if you get your allblock game down tight, those options he has off that are going to be scary. I do agree that at first glance, Shaman appears to have the upper hand but just because she has a lot of stuff doesn't mean half of it will see much use from most players, I wouldn't know gladiator had a parry punish if I hadn't used him myself.

SenBotsu893
11-11-2017, 03:56 PM
I wouldn't sleep on aramusha, his infinite chain options give you options to screw with your opponent's mind and if you get your allblock game down tight, those options he has off that are going to be scary. I do agree that at first glance, Shaman appears to have the upper hand but just because she has a lot of stuff doesn't mean half of it will see much use from most players, I wouldn't know gladiator had a parry punish if I hadn't used him myself.

jeah time will tell although id argue that its pretty obvious from the moveset alone.

that beeing said Ronins infinite chain does not have berserkers hyperarmor does it? that makes it already inferior to berserkers chain.

CandleInTheDark
11-11-2017, 04:03 PM
jeah time will tell although id argue that its pretty obvious from the moveset alone.

that beeing said Ronins infinite chain does not have berserkers hyperarmor does it? that makes it already inferior to berserkers chain.

No but then he is a counter attacker rather than a harasser. He actually has the same character screen blurb as the peacekeeper, fast counter attacker, so while I want to get the shaman to rep 7 before I use him so things might change, I would be looking at using him as I do the peacekeeper which at first glance means his rushing wind attack and his counters with some infinite chain thrown in for mind screwing purposes.