PDA

View Full Version : Should do something with materials

King_of_games-SP
11-10-2017, 06:27 AM
Hey guys longtime fan of the game, dont usually put my voice out there, mostly just lurking, reading what goes on in the forums.

Anyway i feel its time to address a major customization option that needs to be readdressed, materials. From a lore point of view i understand limiting what the factions armors look like but for the sake of argument lets just have some fun and give players the option of changing the materials of the armor to the materials of another faction. In other words give knights the option to unlock the leather and wooden textures used in the vikings and samurai armors to be either a funny wooden knight or a strange sack knight. Obviously this implies the same for the viking and samurai factions.

Would add huge amounts of customization for players without adding large amounts of work like new heroes and maps would.

King_of_games-SP
11-11-2017, 02:19 AM
Bumpy

Anyone else think this would be a fun idea?

King_of_games-SP
11-13-2017, 08:20 AM
Lets try this again, hopefully it doesnt get lost in the swamp of spam this time.

Would this be a fun way to add more customization? Anybody think it would be cool to see a wooden warden charging at you? Or maybe a shugoki with a steel breastplate?
Since the most important thing for this game atm is making new and old players happy, this seems like a simple adjustment that would add huge amounts of player customization for relatively little work from the devs.
Its honestly kinda silly that only one faction of characters has the option to march into battle decked out in gold armor.
It seems like an arbitrary decision that exists for the simple act of limiting our choices

Pain-Seeker
11-13-2017, 09:27 AM
Theres no way something like this will be taken into consediration . It would take too much time . We cant even get a new set of armor , just reskins so something like this is nearly impossible .

King_of_games-SP
11-13-2017, 09:36 AM
Too much time? Totally not true, also thats not really an issue anymore since all the dlc heroes are about to be released. It wouldnt take nearly as much effort to add textures to existing models as it would for them to get us new maps or heroes or even simply executions.

Its literally just a re-skin which, as you said, they are already doing

Pain-Seeker
11-13-2017, 11:04 AM
What youre talking about aint a reskin , thats creating totaly new sets of armor . Reskin is adding something on top something that was already created . Also the season 4 heroes aint the only thing on their table . Rework of old heroes,execution,emotes,weekly content etc. . I would much rather take any of these things before that idea of yours

Illyrian_King
11-13-2017, 01:51 PM
Hey guys longtime fan of the game, dont usually put my voice out there, mostly just lurking, reading what goes on in the forums.

Anyway i feel its time to address a major customization option that needs to be readdressed, materials. From a lore point of view i understand limiting what the factions armors look like but for the sake of argument lets just have some fun and give players the option of changing the materials of the armor to the materials of another faction. In other words give knights the option to unlock the leather and wooden textures used in the vikings and samurai armors to be either a funny wooden knight or a strange sack knight. Obviously this implies the same for the viking and samurai factions.

Would add huge amounts of customization for players without adding large amounts of work like new heroes and maps would.

Sry mate, but I would find it terrible to give knights some wood armour or to give some vikings a full-plate-armour.

I hate these mash-ups ... what should come next? A big pink buny costume, because it was super funny? :p

I would totally prefere to get some nice really new armour skins instead of these spike/razor additions to existing armour sets!

King_of_games-SP
11-13-2017, 04:14 PM
No what im talking about isnt completely new sets of armor, its giving us the ability to change the materials, like we can already do. I never said anything about ridiculous stuff like bunny suits or anything like that so stop putting words in my mouth please. Its literally just a texture change.
Reading comprehension is hard i guess

King_of_games-SP
11-13-2017, 05:08 PM
No argument there, game fixing should absolutely be top priority.
People seem to be thinking im asking for completely new sets of armor when its simply not what im suggesting. Im suggesting we expand the materials tab to use assets that are already in the game. Changing my orochi's material from red wood to black wood doesnt change what armor im wearing and this wouldnt change just because im changing the material to bronse or silver.
Leveling up is enough to unlock the different materials for whatever faction your character belongs to, but what im suggesting is opening up the materials to the other factions, obviously to be bought with steel. Im not suggesting we ignore the bigger things going on with the game, but this would be a small very simple addition to the game that would huge amounts of player customization and visual variety. Its just adding something that already exists in-game to be added onto something that already exists in-game, so yes Pain-Seeker it is just a reskin

Maxime_Qc-
11-13-2017, 06:46 PM
I don't know about this faction material switch...

But i was talking about the material To some friend the others day

And you know when you got all character at least rep 1

... one knight rep 30 , 1 viking rep 25 ,one samurai rep 15 ... and some others here and there rep 4 , 5 , 6 ....

You dismantle so much stuff that the materials that it give become completely useless

So i tought we should be able To sell this material for steel!!

Just need To détermined the values of it!

How much material for how much steel

UbiInsulin
11-13-2017, 11:00 PM
priority should be to fix the game and get the playerbase back on pc. cosmetics, outfits, community wishes and all that jazz should come in asap after gamefix. thats what my reply was about

I understand where you're coming from, but the fight team and the online team don't necessarily overlap with the art team, for example. While we haven't given a formal update on dedicated servers, progress is being made (https://twitter.com/romcamor/status/929102925921734656).

Suggestions regarding QoL stuff are still totally welcome.